PDA

View Full Version : Are people here just to get invite or want to become part of this community ?

dr jones
08-29-2008, 05:30 AM
78,494 members register here (at the time of post)

The most i see is 100-150 people online

The least people i see online is 2

Some people have been here for 1 years and have 10 post(not exacty numbers,but like that)

Some people have been here for a few month and have 200-500 post(not exacty numbers,but like that)

Some people have been here a long time and havnt done much give away or none

Some people have been here not long and have done lots of give away

What do you all think ?

integral
08-29-2008, 05:34 AM
There's obviously a lot of people who just come here for invites and trading. Some people enjoy giving invites away to make friends and recruit new users on their behalf. Since it's not limited to just the users of tracker-specific forums, people can meet other people they've never come across in the torrent community. The forums also come with a degree of anonymity, and the atmosphere to talk about the Bittorrent community as a whole, something most tracker forums don't offer.

Artemis
08-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Most people seem to come here for a specific reason , the invites, whether to trade them openly or via pm, or to shout what a great guy they are and an anti-trader, but most get what they want and sod off......... either way the result is the same, and in some ways those that run around shouting that they are anti-trade or that play the community card, yet still disappear when they get what they want are more shallow than the traders.
I have been with this forum long enough to see quite a few cycles of this, someone comes to the forum, decides which side of the fence they are going to sit on, busily make 'friends', get what they want and hasta la vista.....
There are actually very few people who stay here for the 'community' here so most are lying their arses off, about caring for the community.
In a way though they are truly missing the point, this is actually a great place to talk with others, including staff etc, especially if you aren't a member of their tracker, and only the little idiot collectors have every tracker on the WTAW list anyway.
This forum is one of the places where alot of different people meet, apart from the bit torrent invites section and also this forum has alot of news about the BT scene and Usenet scene in general.
Personally no matter how many posts the person has since they can merrily boost them with such enlightening topics as count the dingleberries, I look for someone who has been here better than six months and still posts on this forum.These are the people that care about the community here, and in general are people that share and talk on other forums/trackers.......

integral
08-29-2008, 05:52 AM
^ Nice post, and post count. :D

kooftspc11
08-29-2008, 06:02 AM
i came here for help with codecs a few years ago. i didnt even know there was a bittorrent section. after a few months of lurking i finally signed up

the community here is just fine. our members are motivated by different things. my main motivation for hanging around here is the sex that is Stoi!!!! unfotunately, it seems the mods will never let us be together. they have made this abundantly clear

:(

sear
08-29-2008, 06:04 AM
I mostly come here for the lolz...and sometimes I like to check on BT news. I often think I'd like to find people to give invites too (not through giveaways btw) but I find it too hard to decide who's real and who's full of shit these days. Artemis pretty much summed up the cycle of users here so no use repeating that but as a wise man once said :P FST is like the wild west and you find all sorts here so it's a good place to mix it up a bit.

sear
08-29-2008, 06:04 AM
board aids :\

killercam101
08-29-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm going to go with invite, if I wanted community I'd be in the lounge posting comments which would be ignored by the older members of FST as they only reply to each others comments:yup:

aysomc
08-29-2008, 06:35 AM
most of that was true artemis but just because someone doesnt stick around here after they have gotten into the community sites they wanted it doesnt mean they arent community orientated, for some that probably is the case but i dont visit these forums nearly as often as i used to just because its damn near impossible to find someone i can trust from these boards. actually this thread is quite rare since 2 people i trust quite a bit have posted here and its only 1 page deep. but most threads are filled with new people giving each other a big circle jerk.... "he is good user, you can trust him". blah blah blah, same old shit that only detracts from the type of community this could be.

puckface
08-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Some are here for invites, some are here to act superior (see: Lounge), some are here to give things away for various reasons, some are here to be trolls. Whatever the case may be, if you have been around for any amount of time, you can see who is who and what their purpose is, whether they be trader or anti-trader, actions speak louder than words. Some traders are ok people, some anti-traders are ok too... decide for yourself, thats what forums are all about.

SgtMajor
08-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Community is wherever and however you want it to be, it is only your limitations that hold you back from getting involved and participating wherever you want (perceived on where you are may influence them perceptions even more) . There are many tracker forums where I do not & never have posted anything, there are others where I have posted a few times.

A lot of newcomers have googled xxx tracker invite and ended up here, so they work at getting what they want and move on, some create friends and move on with them friends (some groups have even formed trackers together by being here first), and they move on as a group. There are a few individuals who hang around and offer back what they can, some have posted in this thread and we all know each other not only from here but from trackers as well, and we can trust each other and we are part of a wider community, it's all interaction and it happens without expectation, too much is made of the word "community", yet it is right here staring you right in the face, if only you wanted it.

It is cyclic though, there is a new rash of blood every few months and we see all the same topics resurfacing, just the poster and those answering will be different, but occasionally one will hang around and join in with what is here and stay and get involved.

So it doesn't matter why a person is here, any one of the things you mention could be the reason they are here, and if they get what they want out of it, who cares, live & let live, I am here cos of the lolz and the banter, there are some funny posters around if you bothered to look, and there are some very intelligent posters who let us in on their secrets now & then, and if you hung around and got involved, then you would know who they are without them being pointed out for you.

Like everything in life, you get out of it what you invest in it, and each to their own eh?

Have a nice day.

bammers
08-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I got sent this site from someone off another site - found it quite interesting, have been visiting for the last few weeks and has certainly enlightened me to the torrent side of things.

Is certainly in my daily visit list.

kondrae
08-29-2008, 07:30 AM
i came here for the invites at first, but enjoyed Fst and decided to stick around for the ride

/thinking to self
sometimes i wish i was a mod so i could ban some of the trolls on here.

yevgeny
08-29-2008, 07:43 AM
i think people will always come here for invites. a few of those might stay and get involved though.

Catcher
08-29-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't know why other members signed up but I know why I did.
Filesharing talk is he number one Bittorrent info source with great tracker reviews and qonderfull people that willing to help.
How I know that you ask. Well... lets jus say that I have a friend signed up here for the wrong reason.

Disme
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Lot's of different reasons why people join this board, but the main reason must be chasing this or that invite.

Some do it a bit more sophistacated than others, they make friends like crazy, do some lower level GA's and than request the rarer ones.
Some just sign-up and remain inactive for a month to request the tracker they like.

Traders, anti-traders, spammers, trolls, scammers, whiners, beggars, signature braggers, hypocrits and some decent filesharers, ... you'll find them all at this melting pot called FST.

After a while you start to recognise them rotten apples from a mile away.
The ones making a 'retirement'-topic or a last request are particulary funny I believe ... how do you retire from a community ... you cannot, but you can retire from chasing invites/collecting trackers...

Or the ones that always pretend to be outstanding torrenters and tell others what they have to do when making a request, but than blatantly doing the same when yet another super l33t tracker shows up and the mask just falls for a day or so.

The first time, some years ago, I came here by accident, the second time, several months later I came here because I heared this was the place to score an invite ...

800+ posts later I have come to the conclusion I don't come here for the invites but for fun. Occasionally I will participate in a GA, but that's just curiosity because basically I have already more than I can handle. I have made some friends here, that I have met on other trackers later on.

FST is entertainment too ... watching the interaction between all these members with different goals can be particulary funny to follow (although sometimes a little frustrating too).

Sanka113
08-29-2008, 09:06 AM
No, I'm here for the free condoms they give you when you sign up. :D

Not Complete
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Some are here for invites Some are here for trade Some are here for scame
Some are here for spam Some are here for FTN Some are here for
Get Everything & Run to other places It is something very natural

Biter
08-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I come here for trackers news and talk. It's odd that in most trackers' forums, you can't talk about other trackers, even in IRC.
So, this is the place, that we tracker users really gather together and talk about trackers. This is the realy community, because we all chat about what we really do every day...about trckers , buffers, collections, invites :D

Not that in most tracker forum they forbid you to talk about trackers you login and use everyday and intension to get invite, etc, etc.
Isn't it sarcastic?? community forbid talking about your real interst in bt world XD

thrillerboy
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I registered here long back........ the days when i came to know about ares....... I personally can't keep up with a wide community......... And I'm naturally sick of reading long posts....... So, I din't came much often to this community........ Not even to see the open signup threads....... I luckily had my small community....... I was so contented with what I got there.......

Naturally some people sign up and forget about it....... As, I came back here after an year or so........ and tried my username and password and got straight in........ then i realized, I had a account here........ dudes, its not humanly possible to be active in all of the communities you are member of, in internet........ Its my humble opinion :)

aysomc
08-29-2008, 11:05 AM
I registered here long back........ the days when i came to know about ares....... I personally can't keep up with a wide community......... And I'm naturally sick of reading long posts....... So, I din't came much often to this community........ Not even to see the open signup threads....... I luckily had my small community....... I was so contented with what I got there.......

Naturally some people sign up and forget about it....... As, I came back here after an year or so........ and tried my username and password and got straight in........ then i realized, I had a account here........ dudes, its not humanly possible to be active in all of the communities you are member of, in internet........ Its my humble opinion :)

dot dot fucking dot..........................

i shit you not commas and singular periods are a thing of the past........... and this will be how everyone punctuates sentences in the future..........

stoi
08-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I came here because it was in the k-lite program, so thought i will give the forum a shot, i was addicted to this place for awhile (just less than a year i think) made 800+ posts, and went into the IRC a lot.

Then someone from this IRC told me that daredevil the movie was on donkax, 1st tracker i believe at the time, since then i never used kazaa once, (and discovered Usenet as well) and just never came back to the site, as it was just Kazaa back then and nothing else.

Obviously i made my own tracker and was using filesoup for the torrent side as well.

then early last year the tracker went down or something, got an email from a member saying, come to FST and tell them whats going on loads of people want to know.

Tried registering with stoi and the name was already taken, thought wtf, as far as i know im the only one with that stupid name, so tried a couple of old paswords and i got in.

and i havnt been able to leave since, even though sometimes i want to lol

9NINE
08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
I came here when i knew that there is invites at that time i was seeking learnbits
then after while i got many friends that i comunicate here and at other trackers, but some times i disappear due to my work , but i return always to home(FST)

The Wanderer
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Some people say the FST is the worst community. I for once, I like coming here. Although, I come mainly for the news (because news travel fast at FST :lol:), I do admit I come also for the discussion topics. There are here few people I really enjoy reading their posts. :yup:

Swift
08-29-2008, 11:39 AM
i have fun when i come here :) all the time !

IdolEyes787
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I find it very sketchy to comment on other members motivation(I've made mistakes on people's character both good and bad here.) so I will only will comment on my own.

I came for a particular invite but stay because I made a few friends here,met some people I respect who aren't and find if I pay attention learn something new practically every day.

The only thing I find unappealing is people being holier than thou or disrespectful to others.

danio
08-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Well i have to admit, i registered here because of the invites section. But pretty soon i realized that there are more to fst than that. I had made quite a few new friends from here, and learned that not everyone is here for the invites. So even though i'm sick of all the invite hunting i had to pull as a noob to get my foot inside some doors, i can still hang around here for the lolz or for some discussion :D. besides, fst is also a great place to receive bt news. :)

Nemrod
08-29-2008, 01:17 PM
One day, almost 1 year ago, I woke up and found my BitMeTv account disabled, Googled looking for help to know how the hell I could find the reason and all links pointed here. rvt guided me about what and how to do until thee problem was successfully fixed, while I waited rvt answers I began to read the forums and found a lot of interesting things, and I learned a lot of things too. I had never posted in any forum tracker (having several and good ones already), nor had interest in forums about sharing. I had with other pals a very big forum about football (soccer) and that took off all my time... but I was burning out, one day I dropped my responsibilities in that forum and began to lurk here and there... I liked this, I found a lot of very good people and a lot of very teaching people, I helped others, others helped me.
FST changed completely the way I faced this sharing world, good teachers I found here: SgtMajor, Sear, Polar Bear, TheFox, stoi... and many others had, and still have a big and good influence on me, I wouldnīt like to lose their advices, warnings or points of view.

Invites? I needed no invites when I came here, as I donīt need now , but some came without asking for them (except one, a SysOp recruited here... that was my first experience in community based sites, and a nice one I must say), and many were given by me, in private and choosing the invitees very carefully. The balance: Iīve had more good experiences than bad ones.
Ok, perhaps here there are 800 morons, flamers and scumbags and only a handful of good and deserving people... it works for me, itīs not so different from real world.

And on a side note thereīs something that really pisses me off... FST and we the users are seen almost everywhere like crap. Iīm sick and tired of that, most when many of those who always are talking shit are here day and night. Donīt like it?, leave it, but stop the hipocrisy.

dr jones
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i have fun when i come here :) all the time !

me too :happy:

BlastGT1
08-29-2008, 01:32 PM
It's obvious that FST does have somewhat of a community, but it's hard to find under all the much of torrent invite trading. You can't help but get tons of trolls and scammers in an age where torrent invites are SOLD ON EBAY, for crying out loud.

FST does have some benefit, as I have read some of the other forum sections and even posted a couple times to try and help people. The community aspect is just run over because of the myriad traders and invite seekers. Once upon a time, you had to build your rep somewhere, prove yourself (not just by ratio, but by participation) and then you would get invites to other places. This is how I have gotten into many of the trackers I currently have an account with. All of it came with time and patience, but there are far too many impatient people. One only needs to look at the people who ratio cheat to see that. No self-discipline, no sense of earning anything, just "gimme gimme gimme, now now now!"

The golden age of torrenting is long past. Back in the day, you could find one GREAT tracker, and get virtually everything you needed from it. Nowadays, you have to have many tracker accounts, and keep searching for what you want, because there's just too much saturation, too many little sites popping up every day, and too many of those dying off just as quickly when they can't make the second server payment.

I just think FST would be a much cleaner place without all the trading and secret trader sections. If you keep the garbage in-house, you'll get the flies, too.

xnugx
08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm here pretty much every day. I think most people here are here for the invites, I personally have benefited here more than anywhere else. But I've made a few friends and THEN got the invites, so I think that is pretty self explanatory.

NA_Magus
08-30-2008, 12:15 AM
I came here looking for an invite into OiNK. However I decided that I'd need a good resource for tracker information and bittorrent discussion.

NA_Magus
08-30-2008, 12:16 AM
board just decided to double post..

Skerven
08-30-2008, 12:24 AM
a public community? that's an oxymoron to me!

hotshot6473
08-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I am not gonna lie but I came here the invites as thats how I heard about this place. But it is nice to find a community that actually knows what they are talking about when it comes to BT sites. I have met some really great people here that have become friends which is what this site should be about. People need to trust you and find out that you are a good person and that really cant be judged from ratioproofs and speedtests.

Also there are many senior members here from unbelivable trackers that are hopefully willing to give users a chance after they have watched them for a little while and find they are worthwhile users. That hope is what keeps many members here which shouldnt be discouraged in the invites section.

buggyfresh
08-30-2008, 12:40 AM
lol nice topic..originally came here for how-to help and info on fastrack...then left and came back when I had no idea what a "torrent" was, but knew kazza wasn't gonna cut it. Found dmd & oink and was fine for a few years (only trackers I needed)..then the big lock down on oink and dmd dropping off the earth surface had me lost, so I returned.

I eventually realised it had tracker reviews and invites and experienced sll that a bit via giveaways, realised that was not a good way to get into private trackers and so left, came back and now I just use it for lolz mostly via trolling or otherwise tbh. Still no forum that makes me crack up as much as here except maybe the Apple vs MSFT blog comments over on engadget :D

lysine
08-30-2008, 12:49 AM
I have no friends here, and don't want any. the only reason I'm here is because fst is a great site to keep up with what's going on in the bt world. whether it's learning about what site is down/open for signups/new, etc... it's all there for the reading.

respawn40
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Hm...I don't remember how I found this site. I THINK I found TorrentFreak's article on "The Most Coveted Bittorrent Sites of 2008", after searching for "private bittorrent tracker" on Google, or something to that effect. I looked at the list, and Googl'd some names, and find FST.

I think...

I didn't know about the invite section or anything until one day I noticed FST had sub-forums LOL. But it doesn't really matter if I found out about the Invites section or not; I've only ever requested one invite in my time being here so far.

Good job with that same-time post squirr3l.

mrnobody
08-30-2008, 01:10 AM
I mostly come here for the lolz...

lolz

4rainertunes
08-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm here for the community and the news. FST isn't perfect, but it's the only place I know of where you can find staff from virtually every tracker. There's no doubt that it's the #1 site of the private tracker world.

I never look at the invite section because I have everything I want already, and I wouldn't dare give away an invite here because of all the tracker staff lurking around.

TP635
08-30-2008, 03:41 AM
I came here to learn,
I stay,
because its fun.

briand5379
08-30-2008, 09:15 AM
I've never thought of this place as a community. I do however think it's a great way to read about news and stay informed. Tracker A goes down for maintance 10 min later a thread or 2 is started saying is Tracker A down.

helpme
08-30-2008, 12:15 PM
For me i am here for both :D

Funkin'
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I come here solely to laugh at all the douchebags that think they're "elite", and that their opinions matter more than everyone else's(you know who you are). They think that they are important, but only end up making fools of themselves("where are my dudes") with all their anti-trading rantings and you gotta respect the rules moaning.

Seriously though, I post here because FST has a pretty active bittorrent section, and a mildly active newsgroups section. I don't request or participate in any giveaways just because there is only one specialty tracker that I want, and I doubt I'll get invited to there from here. And I don't make giveaways, just because I don't. I just keep my eye on the request section. And if I see, who I consider to be, a good user request a site that I have an invite to, then I'll pm the person and hook them up.

Something Else
08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Where's my invite. Cunts. :01:

mrnobody
08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
i has 5 invitez to bottomless partay, u wantz?

Something Else
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
i has 5 invitez to bottomless partay, u wantz?

It depends if that means there is no end or no ass.

Cabalo
08-30-2008, 05:04 PM
i came here to ask some questions related to running a FTP server awhile ago, and started reading the threads meanwhile, and here i stayed.
Mostly i come here for the lolz (as someone else said before), and read some requests (it always amazes me the capacity of making up something new from the humans).

Inevitably, i ended up inviting people to some trackers where i'm at, and also the opposite happened.

it's a nice place with some decent members, i particularly like nemrod, disme, stoi and dunson, amongst some others. Others just pretend they can lecture everyone, just like disme said (and i know we are talking about the same person), others just want to trade like there is no tomorrow, etc etc. It's a nice combination of people around here, good for the lolz.

deadalive1
08-30-2008, 09:29 PM
it's a nice place with some decent members, i particularly like nemrod, disme, stoi and dunson, amongst some others. Others just pretend they can lecture everyone, just like disme said (and i know we are talking about the same person), others just want to trade like there is no tomorrow, etc etc. It's a nice combination of people around here, good for the lolz.
Absolutely agree, I laugh harder reading some of these posts than anywhere else. But like most places and in real life, the idiots outnumber the quality people. But in their defense they certainly provide me with plenty of laughs...bravo! :lol:

Raban
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
i came for the invites... now i stay for the community... i am a member of every site i'll ever need...

JROQuinn
08-31-2008, 06:30 AM
i came for teh buttsecks!

Artemis
08-31-2008, 06:55 AM
i came for teh buttsecks!

:ghey:

hollowed_one
08-31-2008, 06:59 AM
i came so i could steal a greater variety of data faster :)

soulreaper
08-31-2008, 07:04 AM
I like FST for the variety. I mean one can discuss almost any topic under the sun without getting moderated(although ebashing is common place ). This is something that's missing in torrent site forums.

Plus it's basically the headquarters of all things p2p related so its the best way to keep yourself in the loop.

Overlord
08-31-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm a ZeroPaid refugee because their open signup thread isn't very good anymore and they have too much political discussion there. I really like the community here, it's a lot more active than at ZP.

dr jones
08-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm a ZeroPaid refugee because their open signup thread isn't very good anymore and they have too much political discussion there. I really like the community here, it's a lot more active than at ZP.

zeropaid isnt good,i heard there is alote of scammers and cheaters

best thing is to stay here,it has a better community then zeropaid

Overlord
09-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Could be, I wasn't there for the invites anyway, so I don't really know. :P They have good P2P articles, though. They average 2 articles a day and recently posted 4 in 1 day.

dr jones
09-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Could be, I wasn't there for the invites anyway, so I don't really know. :P They have good P2P articles, though. They average 2 articles a day and recently posted 4 in 1 day.

fst has good p2p articles too,you can check out the front page

and there are a news section too

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-news-section-95/

Swift
12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I came I saw I conquered

vpg8000
12-20-2008, 02:32 PM
The invite section is composed mostly of users that registered, had like 2 posts, and once their month is over they start asking in every invite thread. Fuck those freeloaders.

Of course there are some good members that really deserve it. They're the only ones that should get an invite.

I'd rather chill in the lounge and get nothing instead of being one of those moochers. Call it my E-principles.

manbearpig
12-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Very nice topic I must say :)..

I will not bullshit anyone and say the truth. I came here for teh invites.. ;)

But I will also say that I always try to be a part of community be it private forums public etc.. I always try to make people laugh (in e-life and real life).. therefore I post mainly in that section... Also I have found many like minded people here. People who are interested in bittorrent, sharing etc.. I have almost found invites to all trackers I need.. :bleh: Just looking for 1 or 2 other trackers

Now get ur asses in the funny section and comment on my funny posts bitches!! :naughty:

yankeezfan1
12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
The community here is 98% sarcastic dousche bags, and im one of them