PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a new Tracker

arvin2212
08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, so me and a mate decided to start our own tracker. Yes, there are alot of other trackers currently but we have a few original ideas and we plan to put them in good use.

Currently we already have 1 coder.

We need a designer for the site, a few staff, and uploaders.

Currently we need a designer ASAP. Since we plan to run the site right away

About server, i will host it for the time being, but if there is a kind member who wish to help us out, provide us with a hosting for the site, we won't say no to you

So if you're interested in volunteering, do send me a pm and we'll interview you right away.

Thank you,

Sincerely Arvin.

Villain
08-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I am designer. If you could give me mail that would be great.

arvin2212
08-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I can't seem to find the pm function anywhere here :)

Would you mind to pm me instead?

Villain
08-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Well I can't PM you if you don't have this function. Please post your email or MSN here and I will mail/add you.

arvin2212
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Allrite. here you go.

[email protected] .

Add me there and i'll send you our other msn. :)

ksauron
08-30-2008, 09:51 AM
what kind of tracker would it be??
i hope not yet another ScT wannabe..;)

anyway..good luck wid the tracker and implementation of the 'original' ideas ya have..

Villain
08-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Allrite. here you go.

[email protected] .

Add me there and i'll send you our other msn. :)

Added you.

arvin2212
08-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Nah,we're definately not following any of SCT paths. Lately there have been a boom of trackers following alot of the present trackers, and we noticed that. Rest be assured, we're totaly different :)

Catcher
08-30-2008, 10:03 AM
I dont get it, what's the point?
There are planty of amzing trackers which are unused.
They can supply all the content you need and even the things you don't.
There are trackers that contain things you didnt even imagine that are exist.
Unless you have a super-crazy-awsome-asskicker idea, DONT BOTHER.

Villain
08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
They are still looking for designer. I decided not to take the job.

arvin2212
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
We have our own idea of how we stand out from other trackers . Our partners and us, are members in alot of trackers and exclusive ones, but certainly alot of trackers lack something which we feel the need to fill. :)

Site designer is still wanted :)

*this is on a voluntary basis so we won't be able to pay you right now if you're looking for that. We plan to work with each other, where each staff has specific task to be done*

respawn40
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Can you tell us what will set you apart from other trackers?

SgtMajor
08-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Maybe they will have something new called MassiveSeed, well freeleech is boring, so a new idea will be to upload as much as you can for as long as you can without worrying about your ratio and a whole forum just for the MassiveSeeders to be able to tell all your mates how much you have uploaded without downloading anything.

saulin
08-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Don't bother. We have 100s of trackers. Many new ones that try and fail. Then others show up and they also fail. Then there are some that are ok but need some work. I think we have more than enough and your tracker will die like the rest anyways.

You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else. People are fan of certain trackers and will not just make the switch to new tracker.

respawn40
08-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Sgt, grats on 5k posts.

arvin2212
08-31-2008, 03:58 AM
@SgtMajor : whatever you said, we've never planned anything like that. Our speciality is on our contents.

Don't bother. We have 100s of trackers. Many new ones that try and fail. Then others show up and they also fail. Then there are some that are ok but need some work. I think we have more than enough and your tracker will die like the rest anyways.

You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else. People are fan of certain trackers and will not just make the switch to new tracker.

Er, we are the one's who are creating the tracker so let us worry about it dying or not. Some trackers die yes, some stay within the community. I don't quite recall ever saying i want my tracker to be as big as SCT or other major tracker.

Btw, "You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else" I don't get what you mean. As i have posted we need those who volunteers. If there is no one, we can always do it to start it off. Thank you for your feedback, but honestly , it's not needed :)

bladesharp
08-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Confidence,dedication ,support.. there you go.

All the best :)

arvin2212
08-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you bladesharp :)

Appreciate it :)

arvin2212
08-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you bladesharp :)

Appreciate it :)

DKre8ive1
08-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Ok I just have to give out some advice and I hope you take this as constructive criticism. As for as asking for uploaders and staff in a public forum that will not help you get users that have been around in the torrent scene for a while and most likely have a better understanding of what file sharing stands for to join your site imho.

Another piece of advice I could offer is make sure you have the funds to support your site for at least a year or even better two since having a site going down and coming back as a revision a few months later has not really instilled confidence in members of said sites.

Funkin'
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Don't listen to all the douchebags arvin. Good luck with your tracker.

aysomc
08-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Ok I just have to give out some advice and I hope you take this as constructive criticism. As for as asking for uploaders and staff in a public forum that will not help you get users that have been around in the torrent scene for a while and most likely have a better understanding of what file sharing stands for to join your site imho.

Another piece of advice I could offer is make sure you have the funds to support your site for at least a year or even better two since having a site going down and coming back as a revision a few months later has not really instilled confidence in members of said sites.

couldnt have said it better myself. sexy userbar :P

funding is something a lot of people overlook. people assume they just need to get it up and running for a month or 2 and then everything else will be taken care of from donations and that really isnt how the average site works. the very top select few have the luxury of being paid for by nice members but most of the others dont survive for long because of lack of funding.

arvin2212
08-31-2008, 10:15 AM
To those who have contributed their thoughts, i appreciate your time that you've taken to jot down your opinions here. I cannot thank you enough for that.

Yes, i do realise we can't get any uploaders and staff in a public forum. But what do i have to lose if i try?

About funds, I would be more than happy with the other fellow staff to fund our servers once we're stable. We do realise, that to gain something , you we have to fund it first.

Besides, it's better to try and fail rather than not trying at all. :)

A kind member has pm-ed me, fightclub , and he has offered to host our tracker on his site. We are more than happy to see members helping us out here :)

Now we only lack a designer and as soon as we get one, we can start working on our tracker :D

Good day people :)

fightclub
08-31-2008, 10:46 AM
thanks arvin for appreaciting me its my pleasure to give rise to new tracker if the tracker have all the need which other tracker can't fulfill or have missed they it will be my pleasure to help that tracker and its better to try and loose they to sit and only think tha if no one donates after some months then how will my tracker stand its always said that discoveries and sucess are made while in a experiment so try and try until u suceed .

DKre8ive1
08-31-2008, 12:06 PM
About funds, I would be more than happy with the other fellow staff to fund our servers once we're stable. We do realise, that to gain something , you we have to fund it first.

I am sorry to say I don't see this going very far with that kind of attitude since by that quote you cant seem to fund the very site you are starting. I am sorry to sound so doom an gloom about it but you still have time to fix things since the site is not live yet.

fightclub
08-31-2008, 12:10 PM

I am sorry to say I don't see this going very far with that kind of attitude since by that quote you cant seem to fund the very site you are starting. I am sorry to sound so doom an gloom about it but you still have time to fix things since the site is not live yet.

i think regarding hosting they have to think of fund which is providing by me so at thsi time they don't require any such major funds so i think u are wrong :whistling

DKre8ive1
08-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Ok I get it now so fightclub is providing the hosting for free and arvin2212 is providing the idea to start a new torrent site.

Well best of luck to you but you have some stiff competition to beat unless you are a really specialized tracker.

becomehokage
08-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Erhmm...yea!

Swift
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
please don`t make another tracker !! PLS PLS PLS

fightclub
08-31-2008, 01:46 PM
thanks everyone for appreciating arvin for starting a new tracker

randall
08-31-2008, 06:13 PM
Good luck dude, I would like to help but I'm about to move house so don't really have the time, plus I'll lose net access for a couple of weeks. If you still need help designing it then, give me a shout.

PS: To all those saying we don't need any more trackers, you are correct in that we don't need any more 0-day/general trackers, but there are some untapped niches. I'm still desperate for a dedicated comedy tracker with large standup section ;)

stroj
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Unbelievable how pathetic some users are. Let them do their thing ffs, noone ask you to join every tracker that pops up. You'r whining, childish, semiretarted posts wont change anything.

@op: good luck with tracker

deadalive1
08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Unbelievable how pathetic some users are. Let them do their thing ffs, noone ask you to join every tracker that pops up. You'r whining, childish, semiretarted posts wont change anything.

Does semiretarted mean a tart that has been semi re-converted? :lol::P
I think you meant the word semi-retarded. ;)

SgtMajor
08-31-2008, 08:02 PM

I actually thought he summed up his own post very well using his own words, I didn't realise he was seriously talking about everyone else's posts :whistling

deadalive1
08-31-2008, 08:15 PM

I actually thought he summed up his own post very well using his own words, I didn't realise he was seriously talking about everyone else's posts :whistling
Me too, but I have a pet peeve about people when trying to insult others, misspell words themselves. Can't resist pointing it out, as it makes their whole statement moot. Karma's a bitch. :P:whistling

stroj
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Glad you found something to play with. Be my guest.

JROQuinn
09-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Me too, but I have a pet peeve about people when trying to insult others, misspell words themselves. Can't resist pointing it out, as it makes their whole statement moot. Karma's a bitch. :P:whistling

I have a pet peeve about people & their lil pet peeves. Its called get over it. The internets is not for you if misspelled werds annoy you. :01:

EDIT: & to the OPer good luck!

vinhkhang01
09-01-2008, 06:35 AM
My advice to you is that a good plan is a MUST to be success in a very well competitive torrent arena. Here are some of the listed items users would want to use your site more than others.

Contents, community-based, friendly staff, activities, designs, pre-time, rare/exclusive stuff, bandwidth, or try to do something that is different than other sites whether it's a specialty site or focusing on a niche.

Wish you the best...

fightclub
09-01-2008, 06:49 AM
My advice to you is that a good plan is a MUST to be success in a very well competitive torrent arena. Here are some of the listed items users would want to use your site more than others.

Contents, community-based, friendly staff, activities, designs, pre-time, rare/exclusive stuff, bandwidth, or try to do something that is different than other sites whether it's a specialty site or focusing on a niche.

Wish you the best...

thanks for ur sugestion

vinhkhang01
09-01-2008, 07:53 AM
My Pleasure...

arvin2212
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestion.

I am very happy to say that alot of users are willing to help us out in making this tracker a success. Who said posting this on a public site is a bad mistake? I feel glad posting it in this very site since i've found quite a few users who are kind enough to help us.

My buddy ,fightclub, has come up with a list of pro's and cons of major trackers and we'll sum the list up and we'll see how our tracker can stick up with the rest. We need alot of planning and such if we want everything to work out without any hitch.

And i agree with stroj, since you people are free to either choose to join the tracker or just ignore it. No one is poiting a knife at your throat demanding you to join our tracker. If you have some constructive criticism, then do post here. If you're going to say "oh great another tracker" or "don't start a tracker please" then it's best for you to not post anything at all.

Once again, i thank everyone for offering your help and we appreciate it very much. :)

P/s: yes, we do realise there are already a lot of general/0day tracker. We're not following any of the paths. I promise we'll be much more unique :)

-Arvin-