PDA

View Full Version : Make Accessing The BT Invite Section By Invitation Only

JPaul
08-31-2008, 11:49 AM
What more do you want me to say FFS

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 11:52 AM
and who would have the authority to invite users?

chalice
08-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Established and trusted users. Same as anywhere else.

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 11:57 AM
It doesn't work anywhere else.Hence the problem with the BT section.

Simple fact it might make things worse by turning it into a commodity.

I think one simple step in the right direction would be to not allow multiple accounts.

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 11:58 AM
and what are the prerequisites for being a Established and trusted user?
Who would establish a list of such users and more importantly how would you verify users?
Dont take it as a criticism of sorts ..

Disme
08-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes ... invites would be a first step to avoid banned users from coming right back in though the front door with a different IP.

What about the mass of allready residing nitwits/scammers/cheaters/liars in the section in question?

chalice
08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Personally, I never go near the place so it makes no difference to me.

I'd be happier if a sister site of sorts was created and the whole shebang was relocated to the arsehole of the interwebs.

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Raise the required post count to 100 or such number.

It will at least ensure that they are sedulous scammers.

JPaul
08-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes ... invites would be a first step to avoid banned users from coming right back in though the front door with a different IP.

What about the mass of allready residing nitwits/scammers/cheaters/liars in the section in question?

Hold people responsible for those they invite.

I'm afraid you would have to start from a specific date. Point being, when they are identified and thrown out it's more difficult to get back in.

It also means that people are much more likely to try to get to know others before they invite them to anything. Particularly if they are held responsible for the person they invite's actions. If someone is chipped out or whatever the inviter can be taken to task by mods.

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
A sister site would be a nice idea though but i doubt the board would agree to it ..

100 posts would just lead to more posts in topics under the Word Games section .
We can although just disable post count there to be on top of the things ...

JPaul
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Raise the required post count to 100 or such number.

It will at least ensure that they are sedulous scammers.

If you do that don't make it automatic at 100, mods to check to make sure it's not all 1 word or smillie. Just a quick check to make sure it's proper posts. Doesn't have to be a thesis, just more than a :lol:

A sister site would be a nice idea though but i doubt the board would agree to it ..

100 posts would just lead to more posts in topics under the Word Games section .

That would be a must I think.

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Just like to say that I hate the cheaters/scammers with a passion and would willingly put up with any restrictions necessary to eliminate even a small portion of them.

ghurka
08-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the basic problem with this is that an FST account/invite would then become a commodity in the same way as private trackers are now. I have no doubt that FST accounts would soon be traded or sold on other forums.

The easiest and quickest way to get rid of the scum would be to ban account trading and introduce IP blocking. It wouldn't stop them trading....it just wouldn't be here. Life would be a lot more civilised here then.

tesco
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
I have no doubt that FST accounts would soon be traded or sold on other forums.

They already are.:lol:

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 12:29 PM
If you do that don't make it automatic at 100, mods to check to make sure it's not all 1 word or smillie. Just a quick check to make sure it's proper posts. Doesn't have to be a thesis, just more than a :lol:

That would be a must I think.
On the flip side it might just result in a hell lot of spam in the lounge section with topics like "when do you think the Queen lost her virginity" ,
"HOw much mustard do u put on your HotDog"

chalice
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
They sound like good topics to me.

Start them. Start them now.

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I have no doubt that FST accounts would soon be traded or sold on other forums.

They already are.:lol:
Do you some gud accnts with ya (with like nice BT Rep )

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
On the flip side it might just result in a hell lot of spam in the lounge section with topics like "when do you think the Queen lost her virginity" ,
"HOw much mustard do u put on your HotDog"

Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the functions the lounge serves is to have a place to post frivolous topics.

+1

JPaul
08-31-2008, 12:41 PM

I agree. I :lol:ed when I read them.

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the functions the lounge serves is to have a place to post frivolous topics.

+1
I would quite go to the extent of saying 'Frivolous' ..

JPaul
08-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyway, how could you trade an invite to the invite section.

Someone would have to have their 100 (proper) posts, then be invited by someone already in the section. That person would then be (at least in part) responsible for them. That would encourage people to invite others they had gotten to know.

And also

Don't let just anyone issue invites.

Something Else
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
TBH I'd immediately sell my FST account on ebay if they brought this in. There I said it.

JPaul
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Which one.

Chewie
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM

Someone would have to have their 100 (proper) posts, then be invited by someone already in the section. That person would then be (at least in part) responsible for them. That would encourage people to invite others they had gotten to know.

And also

Don't let just anyone issue invites.I doubt that being responsible for invitees' behaviour would make much difference.
When I was modding there, there were so many people squealing like a stuck pig cos someone they'd invited had fucked them over by being an arsehole on that tracker; we'd have to try and sort something out when they could have saved themselves the trouble by not being a twat and being more careful with their bt invites.
The BT section is jam packed with fucking idiots with no concept of possible recriminations of their actions.

JPaul
08-31-2008, 01:30 PM

And also

Don't let just anyone issue invites.I doubt that being responsible for invitees' behaviour would make much difference.
When I was modding there, there were so many people squealing like a stuck pig cos someone they'd invited had fucked them over by being an arsehole on that tracker; we'd have to try and sort something out when they could have saved themselves the trouble by not being a twat and being more careful with their bt invites.
The BT section is jam packed with fucking idiots with no concept of possible recriminations of their actions.

They would understand it perfectly well when you banned them along with the person they invited.

Then joined again, had to make another 100 (proper) posts and wait another month to get in the BT section. Then find someone to invite them into the section they wanted to be in all along.

Something Else
08-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Which one.

PolarBear

JPaul
08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Which one.

PolarBear

Would you consider a straight swap for my KFlint account.

Something Else
08-31-2008, 02:17 PM
PolarBear

Would you consider a straight swap for my KFlint account.

PM'd... :shifty:

JPaul
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Do we need a "middleman".

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Do we need a "middleman".
I can volunteer to do that ..

JPaul
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't trust you.

maverick_andy
08-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Comparison is death of Happiness. Why to compare FST with other tracker's. Such thing only diminish growth of the FST. Let open the doors for everyone no matter who got in. I love the present FST rules. Making BT invite section invitation only is not a good idea.:D

FST alone beats ALL

thewizeard
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't trust you.

:O In fact this is good idea. Some of my ideas on this!. You'll need someone to organise it, someone with an extensive file-sharing knowledge and history. Someone we can trust.2.The moderator/s that would be involved in the Invitation System would have a check list to see if the member has anything worthwhile to share on a torrent site. (this can easily seen by a browse of the users files on say.. SoulSeek :) ) 3. Is the member to be trusted.? The "nominee" would perhaps have to be "nominated" by an existing member known to the team. Members retain some responsibility for the member they "nominate. Summing up, if the member is connectible, has a good "tidy" library and can prove they know how to make torrents and have been a member of FileSharingTalk.com for "x" months .. where from at least y months, a poster in the Lounge. :unsure:

JPaul
08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Comparison is death of Happiness. Why to compare FST with other tracker's. Such thing only diminish growth of the FST. Let open the doors for everyone no matter who got in. I love the present FST rules. Making BT invite section invitation only is not a good idea.:D

FST alone beats ALL

Obviously the words of an invite trader

tralalala
08-31-2008, 06:39 PM
:lol: Detective JP

Oh, did you see Celtic getting bitchslapped by Ragers today? :Lol: My dad was right pissd (a long time Celtic fan..)

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 06:40 PM
the thing with trust is you need to build it and you can only build it when someones gives u a chance ..

/thts fkin ghey but i didnt have a better response

tralalala
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Then the default thing would be not to respond at all...? :huh:

Broken
08-31-2008, 06:48 PM
In all earnestness.
The people trading BT invites should be left to fend for themselves.
FST, in any shape or form becoming an invite only site (if only in one section) turns my stomach.

Most trackers discourage the practice. Invites are not meant to be given out to strangers on a forum. If someone chooses to ignore this conventional wisdom they need to be prepared to face the inherent risk associated with doing so.

Maybe a big warning should be put across the top of that forum, like a pack of cigarettes.

apextwin146
08-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Now when i look back i shud have controlled myself and not posted

tralalala
08-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad you saw the light :)

JPaul
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Yea the people who run the BT sites would love that. Make FST trading a free for all you say, I don't think that would go down well.

Skiz
08-31-2008, 09:09 PM

Yea the people who run the BT sites would love that. Make FST trading a free for all you say, I don't think that would go down well.

I took his intention to be that we shouldn't offer them any platform whatsoever on which to trade, forcing them to fend for themselves.

JPaul
08-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Gotcha, if that's the case my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Disme
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
FST alone beats ALL

Obviously the words of an invite trader[/quote]

But he's 'Retired.....' or 'Retarded .....' can't remember what his title says ... :dry:

About the inviter being responsible for the invitee, I fully agree.

maverick_andy
09-01-2008, 05:51 PM
FST alone beats ALL

Obviously the words of an invite trader

But he's 'Retired.....' or 'Retarded .....' can't remember what his title says ... :dry:

About the inviter being responsible for the invitee, I fully agree.

----------

let me correct the above one. I am retired:D. you are retarded:naughty:. I am a trader and I will remain trader:whistling:happy:

I hv given my views on this threads for what purpose it was created. Fukcin ppl like yo don't know on which message to comment. keep your comments on topic not OFF topic:angry:.

Whether I'm retired or not, Trader or NOT AND posting or not. It's not ur fukcin concern. do ur work:angry: