PDA

View Full Version : Massive police raids on suspected protestors in Minneapolis

LaPistola
08-31-2008, 08:58 PM
ST. PAUL, Minn. — On the weekend before the Republican National Convention, law enforcement agencies detained dozens of people and issued a series of search warrants aimed at groups believed to be organizing demonstrations while delegates and Republican officials are in town.
More-
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/30/us/politics/30arrests.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1220104985-Dcl+Tjoc3eipfJB8HL+HPQ&oref=slogin

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/30/police_raids/index.html

I didn't hear about this at all until just a few minutes ago, I'm surprised this wasn't plastered all over the front page. The excuse they used to detain them was fire code violations, I wonder how they got the warrant though.

NotLettingItGo
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
That sounds pretty reasonable to me, I'm sure it wouldn't be very nice for all the Republican party members to have to see this rabble protesting outside their conference.

When America implements Sharia law, they'll all appreciate how leniently they have been dealt with this time around.

:whistling

j2k4
09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
That sounds pretty reasonable to me, I'm sure it wouldn't be very nice for all the Republican party members to have to see this rabble protesting outside their conference.

When America implements Sharia law, they'll all appreciate how leniently they have been dealt with this time around.

:whistling

We'll all be well dead before that ever happens, and you will have found that horseshit about virgins in the afterlife to be false.

The way I hear it, you'll actually be set upon by all your dead gay family members.

Nothing at all against gays, BTW. :dabs:

j2k4
09-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I watched the footage today.

Idiots smashing windows, slashing tires, and destroying property, much of this while wearing masks.

"Suspected" protestors?

Nah.

They were doing it in plain sight.

Raids?

In the middle of the street?

You really need to be more accurate.

devilsadvocate
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM

Idiots smashing windows, slashing tires, and destroying property, much of this while wearing masks.

"Suspected" protestors?

Nah.

Raids?

:huh:
These raids took place before the convention

j2k4
09-02-2008, 11:36 PM

"Suspected" protestors?

Nah.

Raids?

:huh:
These raids took place before the convention

So:

Obama attracts 80K of the faithful to Invesco field, and people are upset that the Ramsey County Sheriff and the local gendarmes took down a few dozen locals who are rumored to be planning stuff, so as to present a pretty picture for the TV?

I have a very fresh memory of a fairly widely reported story of large cages erected in a Denver warehouse to house several hundred protesters, so it appears authorities in both cities are of similar mind when (un)civil disobedience is contemplated.

Can't have the yokels playing tag amongst the pillars, don't you know.