PDA

View Full Version : which better, SCL or TL ?

adirshalev
08-31-2008, 10:39 PM
i mean i know SCL is level 4 and TL is only 3

but i have a 1.40+ TB of upload on my TL account and ive been offered a SCL invite for that, should i take it?

My TL account is like 80+ weeks old and ive worked really hard on that uploads, should i give it away for a new tracker?

stoi
08-31-2008, 10:43 PM
take no notice of those numbers, its the [10] and [7] you need to look at.

I am not a member of either, just giving you some helpful advice.

hollowed_one
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
shouldnt trade :)

killercam101
08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
No, it is a lot harder to seed on SCL and the tracker because of its few users has a low seeders to leechers ratio.They both get the same scene (tv shows/movies releases) if you're only into new stuff. I say stick with TL you dont have to worry about ratio and activity on torrentleech..at Scl a new account (14 days of inactivity) it gets deleted and now that freeleech at ScL has ended a lot less users will be actively using their accounts.

deadalive1
08-31-2008, 10:49 PM
First off... don't trade.
Second, keep TL, ScL is ok but nobody leeches there (with the exception of in the archive section). TL has far more torrents and the seeder/leecher ratio is better also.

Adama
08-31-2008, 10:52 PM
no don't give your TL account for SCL
i wouldn't give a demonoid code for SCL
it has few lechers not good pre time and the content :sick:
and spare me all the bullshit about the community

IdolEyes787
08-31-2008, 10:52 PM
@stoiHe's been trying to trade it for a while so I don't think it is that important to him

I don't really want you on ScL but then again I don't want the person who offered the trade so maybe you'd be an improvement.

Honest advice.Levels mean nothing,TL is one of the top 3 general sites on the web and you'd be a fool to give it up.

kuracat
08-31-2008, 10:59 PM
tl is a sct compared to scl :lol:

adirshalev
08-31-2008, 11:06 PM
lol ok guys i got the point
thank you very much for the help of doing the worst trade ever :)

Cabalo
08-31-2008, 11:09 PM
u did well. TL owns SCL 10x or more, plain simple. SCL is a noob tracker that got some hype via collectors and cuz it used to be hard to get there, which is no longer a true statement.

TL is the best private tracker that exists, in matters of contents. Only RevTT and SCT have nearly that much.

z7x
08-31-2008, 11:19 PM
i see some haters, and some childish responds from those that have been banned.

ScL is only a tracker with 1950users.
TL has almost over 100k..

just there is the difference.

Our pre times is always under 1 hour... that doesnt makes it shit ^^.
as i said, stop comparing us, you just make yourself look bad.
and for those haters around.
im glad i have made you jealous :D

NA_Magus
08-31-2008, 11:36 PM

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply..

saulin
08-31-2008, 11:46 PM

Good pre times?

What's the point of that if you lack seeders and leechers. Maybe is time to let a few thousand in so you can get some activity on that tracker?

I don't know what most people think but I like content and speed.

z7x
08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
well for the past 2 months we have been increasing our pre times.
tv shows hits scl tracker less then 1 min in average.
now if you dont call that fast then something is wrong with you.

second thing is we hit about 90 torrents a day. For a small tracker that shit aint bad.
We like being who we are. Can users just agree with that and move on..

@ Mr magus.....
how can you not see the difference between 1950 and 100 000 ?

saulin
09-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Yo I can see the difference. 100,000 is better. That's why TL is rated 10 overal. 1950 is too small and just makes people not want to download.

But I don't know if you own the site or what but it's your call. Apparantelly for you pre times is better than content. 90 torrents a day ain't much though.

When I use torrents is to find some kind of rare stuff I can't find on usenet and I doubt that SCL would be useful for me the way it is.

mrnobody
09-01-2008, 12:16 AM

but i have a 1.40+ TB of upload on my TL account and ive been offered a SCL invite for that, should i take it?

My TL account is like 80+ weeks old and ive worked really hard on that uploads, should i give it away for a new tracker?

Regardless of content, levels, and all that, i woudn't giveaway something i have really worked on for anythign else.

integral
09-01-2008, 12:22 AM
TL has existed way longer than SCL has, so of course it has more content and more people on it. It's still growing, so obviously it's going to lose in some comparisons to other trackers that have been around for years.

Obviously, ScL is not the place for the baby hueys of the torrent scene who insult smaller, newer trackers, the same people who pound their fists on their keyboard, expecting to instantly max out their bandwidth on every torrent they ever download 30:1 ratios on every torrent (don't forget to thank all the "VIP" users who are free to never seed back shit :))

saulin
09-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Obviously, ScL is not the place for the baby hueys of the torrent scene who insult smaller, newer trackers, the same people who pound their fists on their keyboard, expecting to instantly max out their bandwidth on every torrent they ever download 30:1 ratios on every torrent (don't forget to thank all the "VIP" users who are free to never seed back shit :))

That's one of the reasons many people use NNTP cause you can max your connection on every file on usenet :)

So when you download from trackers you kind of expect good speeds and all these new trackers poping up just don't cut it many times. I really do think that there are way and I mean way too many trackers out there with similar content. Why not just join forces with other trackers instead?

waeldiab
09-01-2008, 12:50 AM
TL For Sure.Dont ever compared

ScL is nothing :whistling

TL mean Good Staff,Pre Times,Speed

i like this word ( jealous ) :lol:

by the way me to glad coz i dont have SCL acc :P

dickytricky
09-01-2008, 12:59 AM
What about loyalty,i was given and trusted with an invite to torrentleech and would never give it up

deadalive1
09-01-2008, 01:10 AM
What about loyalty,i was given and trusted with an invite to torrentleech and would never give it up

Loyalty only applies to a very limited amount of users. Sadly, most nowadays don't understand the concept of loyalty. To them one tracker is a means to gain entrance to another (higher level) tracker, so they can increase their e-penises.

But there are a few of us still left who fully understand the meaning of the word and take care of the trust our inviters place upon us when inviting us to X tracker or Y tracker.

forthat
09-01-2008, 01:19 AM
u did well. TL owns SCL 10x or more, plain simple. SCL is a noob tracker that got some hype via collectors and cuz it used to be hard to get there, which is no longer a true statement.

TL is the best private tracker that exists, in matters of contents. Only RevTT and SCT have nearly that much.

+1

TL is a giant community .......

in TL u can old stuff with good amount of speed.....

my advice don't trade , its upto u now ....:rolleyes:

killercam101
09-01-2008, 01:27 AM

Loyalty only applies to a very limited amount of users. Sadly, most nowadays don't understand the concept of loyalty. To them one tracker is a means to gain entrance to another (higher level) tracker, so they can increase their e-penises.

But there are a few of us still left who fully understand the meaning of the word and take care of the trust our inviters place upon us when inviting us to X tracker or Y tracker.

I taught him everything he knows you're welcome deadalive1 uve made big papa proud :cry:

lukee
09-01-2008, 01:35 AM

DONT DO IT. TL > Scl ANYDAY.

yakz091
09-01-2008, 01:46 AM
both are different trackers dont compare them but instead have them both....if u dont like any of them delete ur account there......

db_la_23
09-01-2008, 02:02 AM
TL has better speeds

Sanka113
09-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Level's are basically irrevelant. But to answer your question, TL is one of the best trackers our there when it comes to content.

the.nAno
09-01-2008, 02:18 AM
haha. Compare TL and SCL. What the? Its like comparing an elephant with a mouse. They both offer great things. If your happy with TL stick with it.

CraigT92
09-01-2008, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't recommend trading also its not all about levels btw

ben99
09-01-2008, 04:29 AM
to z7x's credit the pretimes at scl have been getting a lot better. When I joined back during open signups it wasn't surprising to see pres of like 1 day. They have been doing a lot better although nobody still leeches from there.

dr jones
09-01-2008, 05:19 AM
scl or tl,they are both good,but i reckon tl is better

because it
1.has more user then scl,so it easier to seed there
2.if you like getting things faster(pre time),tl is better then scl
3.the speed,it depends on what your internet connection is
4.invites,it is eailer to get an tl invite then scl
5.the only things i reckon scl is better then tl is the desgins

xnugx
09-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Haha, TL owns by miles and miles

integral
09-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Half the people boasting about TL being huge and so fast, have request threads for smaller trackers that are similiar to SCL in a lot of ways; keep that in mind. ;)

SgtMajor
09-01-2008, 05:42 AM

No - you should not give it away, or trade it, that is the worst thing you can start to do. And nothing will ever come close to your TL account that you have worked so hard on, and how can someone else then turn up and take your place there, it won't be you will it? And you would miss being you at TL, you really would. And you can grab something and H&R without being noticed, which is a very handy thing to do sometimes :whistling

But there is nothing stopping you asking for ScL to go alongside your TL, but the prob you have is people remember you for your actions, and it takes a long time to regain the trust you had as memories are long here and history checking is one thing people do before just inviting you somewhere, so get to know some people and get involved if you want to add to your TL, but don't think about replacing it - nothing ever will.

deadalive1
09-01-2008, 06:42 AM

No - you should not give it away, or trade it, that is the worst thing you can start to do. And nothing will ever come close to your TL account that you have worked so hard on, and how can someone else then turn up and take your place there, it won't be you will it? And you would miss being you at TL, you really would. And you can grab something and H&R without being noticed, which is a very handy thing to do sometimes :whistling

But there is nothing stopping you asking for ScL to go alongside your TL, but the prob you have is people remember you for your actions, and it takes a long time to regain the trust you had as memories are long here and history checking is one thing people do before just inviting you somewhere, so get to know some people and get involved if you want to add to your TL, but don't think about replacing it - nothing ever will.
Very well said. Take that advice, it is sound. :yup:

SchiZZo
09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Kepp TL, it's better in everything. ScL is just a "leet" tracker with bad activity, no leechs there as someone have said before. Theres tons of more content on TL and the speed is way better than ScL. Don't trade, it would be a huge mistake and you will be really disapointed.

tX
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
TL by about 234.53454896 miles
Seriously

I'm not flaming ScL in any way, it's just TL is clearly a better tracker

If ScL admin want to ban me for this comment, they can feel free, hardly use the site anyways.

Disme
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Let's say I signed-up during free sign-ups at ScL some time ago ... two months later my ScL-account died due to inactivity.
I have a TL-account that's 170 months old and that will probably never die due to inactivity.

Swift
09-01-2008, 10:44 AM
doesn`t matter you`ll get ban :) on either of them

becomehokage
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM

HOLY FUCKING GOD i loled so hard!!!!!!1 HAHAHAHAHHAHA OMG!!! hahahaha....

tX
09-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Only thing worth laughing at around here is you.
As far as general content goes, TL is probably the best, has tons of stuff, old stuff is seeded well as well.

mrnobody
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Let's say I signed-up during free sign-ups at ScL some time ago ... two months later my ScL-account died due to inactivity.
I have a TL-account that's 170 months old and that will probably never die due to inactivity.

from what i remember TL has "disable for inactivity" thingy a well. When i asked them to delete my account, i was told not to login for like 45 day or so and it would go away.

users
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Scl is level 4, tl is not.....even with "7" for content, still very much worth trading...

hyenZ
09-01-2008, 12:57 PM
TL is way better ^^
More users, better speeds, great content etc etc..

KvaNt
09-01-2008, 12:59 PM
TL of course.

becomehokage
09-01-2008, 02:12 PM

As far as general content goes, TL is probably the best, has tons of stuff, old stuff is seeded well as well.
Hey gtfo kthx. Well as you cant see there are many old torrents at sct (dated back to 2005)that are still well seeded.Also there are 23k torrents in total.How many torrents TL has? lets say 6k? 7k? Oh god gtfo its not even worth talking with you for your (makes me wanna puke)awsome tracker...

maddoxro
09-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Both TL and SCT are good. It`s just a matter of preference. End of story ;)

( PS:, both of them have torrents since 2005, ~1 month diference )

tX
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey gtfo kthx. Well as you cant see there are many old torrents at sct (dated back to 2005)that are still well seeded.Also there are 23k torrents in total.How many torrents TL has? lets say 6k? 7k? Oh god gtfo its not even worth talking with you for your (makes me wanna puke)awsome tracker...

My "Awesome" tracker?
I'm also at ScT so I'm not just randomly running my mouth
Also there are 14k torrents at TL so I'm not sure if we're even talking about the same tracker
ScT with 22k
I never said TL>ScT, I said TL>ScL
Read the damn title please, we're talking about ScL, not ScT

Squizzle
09-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Wtf? They're completely different. TL is a massive site, ScL is tiny. Stick with TL. And ffs don't trade, trading's for retards :(

This is classic trader mentality, wanting a site that's higher level even though it's nothing close to what they need.

kelfa
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
TL is way underrated, I can't believe its only a level 3 on here, whatever that means.

They have EVERYTHING, new content, great speeds, lots of awesome packs.

Invites are getting harder to find too, i'd say its on the top 5 trackers list overall.

Krvaric
09-01-2008, 03:55 PM
TL > scl.

puckface
09-01-2008, 03:56 PM
This is a joke thread

right?

gold24
09-01-2008, 04:14 PM
tl wins on all accounts the best of the best even sometimes beats sct

ben99
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
tl wins on all accounts the best of the best even sometimes beats sct

haha is that a joke? tl beats sct on non-scene releases but nothing else...

Funkin'
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Well, you shouldn't trade to begin with. But that's a different topic.

Hell no you should not give up your TL for a Scl invite. TL kicks ass in just about every aspect. Content, pre's, and speeds. And Scl, well...just kind of sucks in those regards. I even like TL's forums more, in which Scl is suppose to be one of those so-called "community tracker". It's another one of those hyped trackers. Stay away from the hype. Maybe it'll eventually get better though. Who knows.

Funkin'
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM

labuladuo
09-01-2008, 05:00 PM
TL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> scl

RadiancE
09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Lets compare Demonoind with U*-*, iik? :naughty:

When you finally grow up from this level game? :ermm:

Something Else
09-01-2008, 05:09 PM
TL is way underrated, I can't believe its only a level 3 on here

It's rated [10] :blink:

pimpmypanda
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
TL. scl is the worst piece of crap in the world.

guitarhero
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Absolutely true!:yup:

integral
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Your signature really reflects your views.

LubTheStaringCat
09-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Firstly: There Is no comparison between SCL & TL.
TL wipes the floor In all categories, full stop.

Secondly: The asswipes that post these type of threads are only trying to wined people up.
And gage reactions out of hotheads that usually lead to Infractions. Out comments and things said.

Thirdly: I've only read the first post In this thread because It doesn't merit reading, and there for It's pointless and total shit. Because there Is no comparison between SCL & TL.

Fourthly: Go In Peace

LubTheStaringCat
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM

Secondly: The asswipes that post these type of threads are only trying to wined people up.
And gage reactions out of hotheads that usually lead to Infractions. Out comments and things said.

Thirdly: I've only read the first post In this thread because It doesn't merit reading, and there for It's pointless. Because there Is no comparison between SCL & TL.

IdolEyes787
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I wish people wouldn't feel the need to put things down in an attempt to look superior.

If anyone took the time to reason it out they would see that ScL is a good site that suffers greatly from a lot bad members.

That's hardly the staff's fault is it and certainly doesn't qualify it as "the worst piece of crap in the world".

saulin
09-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I wish people wouldn't feel the need to put things down in an attempt to look superior.

If anyone took the time to reason it out they would see that ScL is a good site that suffers greatly from a lot bad members.

That's hardly the staff's fault is it and certainly doesn't qualify it as "the worst piece of crap in the world".

How is SCL a good site? And how is it the users' fault that it sucks?

danio
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
SCL by far! ^^

Giallorosso
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM

+1:whistling

becomehokage
09-01-2008, 08:26 PM

Absolutely right.

Thirdly: I've only read the first post In this thread because It doesn't merit reading, and there for It's pointless. Because there Is no comparison between SCL & TL.

forcus your are using a bad translator :ermm:

kaiser
09-01-2008, 08:44 PM
To tell you the truth, if I had to chose from these two and keep only one, without a doubt I would choose TL.

SenorBubbz
09-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Absolutely right.

forcus your are using a bad translator :ermm:

Now you are insulting people because you were raised with English as your native language and they weren't?

That's low. You have no life, I bet all you do is browse these forums all day and try to look cool by insulting people.

Learn some manners and come back later.

saulin
09-02-2008, 01:38 AM
To tell you the truth, if I had to chose from these two and keep only one, without a doubt I would choose TL.

TL is simply way better :). I think it has been stablished which one the winner is here lol.

guitarhero
09-02-2008, 07:13 AM

Your signature really reflects your views.
I only like ScL`s design and logo:).And i`m waiting to be banned from ScL.

Funkin'
09-02-2008, 07:45 AM

:lol: Seriously, just delete your account than.

Anyone happen to know if deleting your account would get your inviters account into trouble? It shouldn't, right?

Funkin'
09-02-2008, 07:48 AM

deadalive1
09-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Anyone happen to know if deleting your account would get your inviters account into trouble? It shouldn't, right?
I don't think if one deletes their own account that it would have any bearing on their inviters account or anyone in their own invite tree. It would be a personal decision and it isn't like it was disabled for anything, you know.

guitarhero
09-02-2008, 08:01 AM

:lol: Seriously, just delete your account than.

I can delete my account, but i invited someone and don`t want to get him disabled.. however they will probably delete my account when i won`t have any activity there.. i just enter to see the "design&creativity forum"

Disme
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM

from what i remember TL has "disable for inactivity" thingy a well. When i asked them to delete my account, i was told not to login for like 45 day or so and it would go away.

I meant it won't die from inactivity because I've actually been using it all those months. :cool:
At ScL I stopped being active one week after I signed up, because I didn't like it, despite it's rarity-level. :dabs:
It's not because something has a higher level in the WTAW-list that it has to be good, some people tend to forget that.

Anyway ... that's just a personal opinion, feel free to disagree :yup: