PDA

View Full Version : Incredimail And Hotmail

tralalala
08-23-2003, 12:13 PM
hi there guys, im the one needing help now ;)

i have incredimail, and every now and again it sais it cant complete the opperation (sending and receiving e-mails) from hotmail. the reason: service unavailable.
i tried disableing messenger, but nothing happened :(

what am i doing wrong?
how can i fix the extremely annoying problem?

thanks,
tralalala

p.s: i tried restarting too...

tralalala
08-23-2003, 01:59 PM
well guys??

please?? :huh:

tralalala

Bodasher
09-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Right, you can only use Incredimail with a POP3 incoming and SMTP Outgoing address. If you have one of these, maybe it is unable to connect ATM. If you do not, which I think you don't (Hotmail is Webmail!), then downloading IncrediMail is a waste of time!

ghost944
09-03-2003, 10:39 PM
@ Bodasher yes you are able to send and recieve hotmail e-mails with Incredimail as this website clearly shows http://www.incredimail.com/english/faq/hotmail.html

@tralalala incredimail aslo times out for me every once in a while but that is usually because kazaa is using all my bandwith to download so incredimail cant get enough bandwith to contact the server, after it has timed out just try to connect again in a few mins of slow down the speed of other things that are using a lot of bandwith...
;) ;)

Lamsey
09-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Foxmail works fine for Hotmail retrieval, plus it's free.

You have to use your ISP's SMTP server to send outgoing emails from your Hotmail account, though.

MUSLEMAN
09-04-2003, 01:22 AM
it just does that sometimes because for some fu&**&^ reason it can't connect, leave it alone and check again later and it will work

tralalala
09-05-2003, 08:51 PM
its all ok now.
the description ghost gave was exactly what was hapening.
i just got worried cos it was like half an hour after i installed incredimail...

thanks anyway guys,
tralalala