PDA

View Full Version : RE: i have a low upload rate around 1k

HighestBiddeR
09-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi , i have a low upload rate around 1k how do i improve it ? and with that upload rate do i stand a chance for invite?

aced
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Do you have your client as well as your network set up for bittorrent? By this I mean make sure you have enough upload slots and no upload limit on your client, and then make sure your ports are opened up that the transfer will be occurring on. If you only get 1k upload but have decent download I would suggest getting a seedbox so that you will be able to maintain a ratio, because with out it, it will definitely be very hard, gl man.

Squizzle
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Give us some info.

What site are you getting this upload speed to? How many leechers are on the torrent? What's your actual net speed? Who is your ISP?

There are a world of factors that contribute to your speed. What do you mean, "stand chance for invite?". Invite to what?

kaiser
09-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I have a 768 kbits upload speed atm and I can only say that upload speed really isn't the main factor when it comes to getting an invite from someone ;)

Swift
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
you can always change ISP

kaiser
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
you can always change ISP
In my case, I can't. At least while I live in that area. But I'm moving in a month or so. Then I'll be able to choose :)

Swift
09-02-2008, 07:41 PM
if i had 700kB/s upload i would be really happy but i can manage with ~300kB/s

kaiser
09-02-2008, 07:49 PM
if i had 700kB/s upload i would be really happy but i can manage with ~300kB/s
:frusty:
My upload speed is 768 kb/s (kbps). That's around 94 kB/s.

Green Goblin
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi , i have a low upload rate around 1k how do i improve it ? and with that upload rate do i stand a chance for invite?

what squizzle said and also what client are you using.
if you want drop me a pm and i will pass on my msn to you, i will be more than happy to help you out.

bammers
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Damn, 1kb... thats like stoneage speed... are you on dialup? or adsl/cable??

Green Goblin
09-02-2008, 11:15 PM

you should know how fantastic australian ISP's can be we are so far behind other countries it's just not funny anymore.

bammers
09-03-2008, 01:09 AM

you should know how fantastic australian ISP's can be we are so far behind other countries it's just not funny anymore.

Hehe yeah.... Aussie isp's aint the best in the world, but 1kb is mighty slow :(

Sounds like it would def have to be a software issue cause even dialup goes faster than that.

Green Goblin
09-03-2008, 01:41 AM

Hehe yeah.... Aussie isp's aint the best in the world, but 1kb is mighty slow :(

Sounds like it would def have to be a software issue cause even dialup goes faster than that.

i was with the isp in my sig and sometimes i would not even get 1 while browsing then 2 minutes later i would be getting max speeds again then 2 minutes later nothing, but yes it is prob just a simple issue.

where in aus you from mate?