PDA

View Full Version : Youtube videos keep stopping halfway through

Elecktricity
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know why any video I watch on Youtube just stops and buffers halfway through and doesn't start again. I have to close my browser and re open the video and again it plays till about halfway and freezes.

I have tried using IE7 and Firefox all with the lastest flash player installed and java but nothing will seem to fix it.

I recently installed a wireless router so I could play online but I don't know if that could be causing a problem because a majority of the sites I visit work fine and load pretty fast.

Just Youtube won't let me watch a video from beginning to end :(

clocker
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Leave Britney alone!

IdolEyes787
09-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know why any video I watch on Youtube just stops and buffers halfway through and doesn't start again. I have to close my browser and re open the video and again it plays till about halfway and freezes.

I have tried using IE7 and Firefox all with the lastest flash player installed and java but nothing will seem to fix it.

I recently installed a wireless router so I could play online but I don't know if that could be causing a problem because a majority of the sites I visit work fine and load pretty fast.

Just Youtube won't let me watch a video from beginning to end :(

Suggest trying it without the router and see if the problem continues.If not you at least know the cause, if not the solution.

Chris Crocker what a putz.

100%
09-04-2008, 06:52 PM
clear your cache

JPaul
09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I can think of no reason why a router would cause such a problem.

JPaul
09-04-2008, 06:54 PM

Something Else
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM

Something Else
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Triple post.

My router must be playing up again. :pinch:

JPaul
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
:drummer:

enoughfakefiles
09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
:drummer:

brotherdoobie
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
This problem is affecting numerous users of Youtube. There is no known fix at this time. It's not a DNS or browser issue. The issue was believed to be caused by Google's Web Accelerator (this was found out to not be true).

The only temporary fix; that works for some users...some of the time is to refresh the video 3-4 times.

It's a pain in the arse.

-bd :dabs:

Eargasm
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
What ISP do you have. Perhaps your traffic from youtube is being shaped. They say that streaming media is now catching up with p2p as the biggest bandwidth waster. Since the cable companies are no longer allowed to block p2p they have decided to block streaming media. It's a theory.