PDA

View Full Version : HDbits.org , New rule .. good users are not allowed

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 12:59 AM
I was seeding with my seedbox (i have waited a good time to buffer my account)

Once i have everything i need , and after i have seeded very good my account was disabled for "cheating"

I've tried to contact the staff on IRC but they ban me from there too.

So , if you are thinking of rent a seedbox to buffer your HDbits acc , think it twice .. because sometimes if you try to be a good user you may be f*cked up like me.

HDbits.org really good site , but god i hate the staff. :angry:

db_la_23
09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
man tat sucks. and its bad news if they ban u for no reason

hotshot6473
09-04-2008, 01:11 AM
At least you were on it. They always close it so much I dont think anybody will get on in the near future. Plus they should be able to tell if you were running a seedbox from the IP

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
At least you were on it. They always close it so much I dont think anybody will get on in the near future. Plus they should be able to tell if you were running a seedbox from the IP

Thats exactly what i told them, but they don't care about it.

My dissapointed was so big that i gave them the access of the seedbox to check for themself, but they didnt answer me anymore :dabs:

respawn40
09-04-2008, 01:25 AM
There's always something left out of the story... amirite

ksauron
09-04-2008, 01:30 AM

Once i have everything i need , and after i have seeded very good my account was disabled for "cheating"

So , if you are thinking of rent a seedbox to buffer your HDbits acc , think it twice .. because sometimes if you try to be a good user you may be f*cked up like me.

that really is demoralizing..
whats such a big deal about using a seedbox to buffer an account??
and dont they have fucking ips to acertain the fact that connection originates from a high speed server??
coz OVH or seedhost etc have specific ip ranges..so i guess experienced staff should not have had any problems wid that..

hope ya get it back..after the staffers go through this thread of urs..
all the best.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM

Let me say that not this time .. :noes:

I wouldn't make it public , don't you think ?

Funkin'
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM
That's really shitty. I've always thought the staff their were among the worst.

respawn40
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM

Heh, I've seen plenty of people come in here talking about how they got banned for no reason, only for a staffer to come and explain exactly why they got banned.

Something Else
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I was seeding with my seedbox ...................if you try to be a good user you may be f*cked up like me.

Buffering accts does not make you a good user. If anything, the opposite. Same goes for having 100 cunt points. :dry:

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 01:37 AM

Heh, I've seen plenty of people come in here talking about how they got banned for no reason, only for a staffer to come and explain exactly why they got banned.

Oh , i really wish that someone from the staff comes here and explain me why i got banned, because i still don't know. I didn't get the answer at the IRC would be really nice if i got it here.

I was seeding with my seedbox ...................if you try to be a good user you may be f*cked up like me.

Buffering accts does not make you a good user. If anything, the opposite. Same goes for having 100 cunt points. :dry:

I have been a good user without seedbox , for 24 weeks ... when i started to use the seedbox i got banned. Im not saying that have a huge buffer make's you a better user.

saulin
09-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Is it that hard to seed there. I just don't get why you people need seed boxes???

What's the deal with buffered accounts too? Just downlaod and upload so that you can keep your ass in the tracker. Like someone said. Having a huge buffer does not necessarily make you a good user.

hotshot6473
09-04-2008, 02:22 AM
It dosnt make you a good user but it takes the guess work out of seeding. If you can seed something back at high speeds there is nothing wrong with that especially if the site promotes a level system.

saulin
09-04-2008, 02:25 AM
The only benefit of having buffer is for hitting and running if the site allows it. For example from what I heard that's what people at SCT and TL do.

I know sites like BCG will give you a hit and run hit and after 14 I think you are gone.

JROQuinn
09-04-2008, 02:30 AM
my thing with people with seedboxes is many always tend to overseed. So users that dont want to throw away money on such things suffer because we cant pick up any leechers.
Also as for being hard to seed @ hdbits, no it isnt, there are many freeleech torrents.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 02:36 AM
My problem is that i can reach only 25 kb/s of upload speed, and download at 370 kb/s so ... is not that easy to keep a good ratio in a HD tracker.

I prefer to use a seedbox than get banned for a low ratio (I got banned anyway , thats why im pissed off)

Funkin'
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Is it that hard to seed there. I just don't get why you people need seed boxes???

What's the deal with buffered accounts too? Just downlaod and upload so that you can keep your ass in the tracker. Like someone said. Having a huge buffer does not necessarily make you a good user.

It's not that hard to seed anywhere without a box. All you do is jump on newly uploaded torrents, partially download it, and let it seed. Very easy.

But some people are really addicted to buffering their accounts with boxes(why? I have no idea). Personally I would rather spend the money on a NG subscription. It's quite a bit cheaper than renting a box.

SgtMajor
09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Karma is a wonderful thing :whistling

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 03:06 AM

I miss you too :rolleyes:

mbucari1
09-04-2008, 03:09 AM
There's always something left out of the story... amiriteQuite possibly you are. Lets assume that this user does own a seedbox. Maybe he wasn't seeding as fast as he thought he would with his seedbox and decided to cheat to augment his upload. He could have been running a cheat program directly from his seedbox so that he could explain his speeds if he ever aroused suspicion. But then he got caught. Judging by his 100+ trading points, he probably got his invitation from FST. Fearing his inviter exposing him here, he beats him to the punch by admitting to the ban in public and professing his innocence.

Sound like a reasonable scenario?

EDIT** I'm not accusing this guy of cheating. I'm merely underscoring the fact that we never know the whole story.

SgtMajor
09-04-2008, 03:14 AM

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, I feel for your loss, no - really, I do :rolleyes:

ftnftw
09-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Weird. I got promoted early after seeding nearly a TB in a week using a couple of different boxes.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 03:24 AM

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, I feel for your loss, no - really, I do :rolleyes:

Ohh you are always so kind, i see that you got some grey stars.

Congratulations!, you look nicer :happy:

SgtMajor
09-04-2008, 03:27 AM

I got them spamming useless threads, threads just like this actually :whistling

Cabalo
09-04-2008, 03:30 AM
i totally agree with this. besides most noobs use seedboxes mainly for over-buffering their accounts and then try to hit n' run.
So, whenever i hear someone saying he is a good user cuz he has a seedbox, i just laugh and think: "noob".

and at hdbits they're not fond of over-seeding, neither they are at BCG, and i must say that these "small" details are the ones that make the whole difference. that's why they are two top trackers.

JROQuinn
09-04-2008, 03:31 AM

No way I find that hard to believe :P

stacker
09-04-2008, 03:36 AM
If only i had a penny every time someone complained he got banned from a tracker for no reason.:whistling

bladesharp
09-04-2008, 03:46 AM

i guess he made his avatar "embedding" "some" stars :whistling

JROQuinn
09-04-2008, 03:50 AM

i guess he made his avatar "embedding" "some" stars :whistling

no...
someone else made it :happy:

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 03:55 AM

Is because i want to have grey stars too.

I'm following your steps, My Sgt

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4198/20071221img200712140000bf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

(http://g.imageshack.us/img241/20071221img200712140000bf1.jpg/1/)

kuracat
09-04-2008, 04:39 AM
There's always something left out of the story... amiriteQuite possibly you are. Lets assume that this user does own a seedbox. Maybe he wasn't seeding as fast as he thought he would with his seedbox and decided to cheat to augment his upload. He could have been running a cheat program directly from his seedbox so that he could explain his speeds if he ever aroused suspicion. But then he got caught. Judging by his 100+ trading points, he probably got his invitation from FST. Fearing his inviter exposing him here, he beats him to the punch by admitting to the ban in public and professing his innocence.

Sound like a reasonable scenario?

ofcourse :lol:

fulu
09-04-2008, 04:47 AM
sorry for your loss dude. U seem like a good guy

Raban
09-04-2008, 05:03 AM

ya i think so.

on hdbits i've seeded nearly 1 TB all with meh box... never had trouble.

i think this guy is leaving out the part where he used the cheating scripts. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/icons/icon9.gif

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Are you saying that im a cheater ?

Look , you are very new here, but i will let you know that is a report section if you want to accuse me for something... you can do it, of course that you will need proofs, in the other hand i can use the report section because you may be doing a false accusation.

Disme
09-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Massive overseeding and buffering your account is very handy to gain the highest userclasses, getting invites and giving them away and earning massive rep, or could be used to trade your way into higher level trackers, and let's not forget the fact you can brag about it to your fellow super seedwhores in IRC-chans.

1000possibleclaws
09-04-2008, 06:26 AM
It's not that hard to seed anywhere without a box. All you do is jump on newly uploaded torrents, partially download it, and let it seed. Very easy.

But some people are really addicted to buffering their accounts with boxes(why? I have no idea). Personally I would rather spend the money on a NG subscription. It's quite a bit cheaper than renting a box.

Well, that would mean you would have to be at your computer all the time waiting till your RSS pops up and notifies you about the popular torrents, and then you'd have to go through the trouble of downloading shit you don't want. Seedboxes make sense to some people because they can get a release a day or 2 late and still have good chances of making a 1:1 ratio without prolonged seeding time.

Raban
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Personally I would rather spend the money on a NG subscription.

why not have both ? are the two mutually exclusive ?

guitarhero
09-04-2008, 06:41 AM
I have a friend who has a good speed and he was disabled for "cheating" as well :|... too bad the guys there don`t know that INTERNET can be fast!

yayyyyyy
09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Does "no cheating" is a "New rule"???

btw, hdbits DO NOT BAN people with fast pipes... never happened to mee ;)

kukushka
09-04-2008, 08:30 AM
they do know about speeds, actually )
just their methods of tracker management from my point of view is that they try to spend their time effectively regardless if somebody will be unhappy. if couple of guys are cheating - ban country ip range, something strange with stats - ban user..
and unless we will donate him that much that they could feed their families - who are we to complain?
everyone is encouraged to make a better tracker if current one is not satisfiable ))))

mafija
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
your title is not good.the good one is "the truth is out there".you lose your account so what.Be man and dont cry.

http://pix.nofrag.com/a/3/e/a38db52b046277c4b2f8c02f4889a.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/a/3/e/a38db52b046277c4b2f8c02f4889a.html)

Funkin'
09-04-2008, 09:45 AM

Well, that would mean you would have to be at your computer all the time waiting till your RSS pops up and notifies you about the popular torrents, and then you'd have to go through the trouble of downloading shit you don't want. Seedboxes make sense to some people because they can get a release a day or 2 late and still have good chances of making a 1:1 ratio without prolonged seeding time.

I've never really used an RSS feeder. Tried it at bmtv but couldn't really figure it out.

It is true that you'll have to partially down shit that you don't want, but I think that's a little more pratical than paying, what...somewhere around fourty to eighty or more a month for a server. And you only have to partially download stuff you might not necessarily want for maybe the first week or so(depending on the tracker) when at a new tracker, just to get your stats to where it's not gonna hurt you if you don't hit 1:1 on every torrent that you actually want for a while.

I can see why people do rent them. A friend put me on his for the whole month of August for free, and it was defintely nice to download files at three to five times my normal connection speed. But for seeding, it just wasn't that big of a deal to me since I had already taken the time to put some small buffers in my tracker. And I'm not looking to get a 100:1 ratio on everything I download, and a un-needed insane global ratio.

I can see why boxes are wanted. I'm not saying anyone who rents one for regular tracker use is an idiot. In my opinion, I just think they're not needed.

FACE_TO_FACE
09-04-2008, 10:10 AM
your title is not good.the good one is "the truth is out there".you lose your account so what.Be man and dont cry.

http://pix.nofrag.com/a/3/e/a38db52b046277c4b2f8c02f4889a.jpg (http://pix.nofrag.com/a/3/e/a38db52b046277c4b2f8c02f4889a.html)

he never cry... he´s a man... like you right?

respawn40
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM

Karma really is a bitch :yup:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-the-best-giveaway-ever-2008-263323/?

snakebite
09-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Ouch yep.....Karma a big bitch

Funkin'
09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Now that is a collector.

Disme
09-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Jeezzz ... just read the thread respawn referred to.

I think besides collector :rolleyes: they tend to call this an ATTENTION-WHORE :sick:

But I'm really curious, wasn't the OP gonna leave FST???

IdolEyes787
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Jeezzz ... just read the thread respawn referred to.

I think besides collector :rolleyes: they tend to call this an ATTENTION-WHORE :sick:

But I'm really curious, wasn't the OP gonna leave FST???

It was brought to my attention a while back as an example of the very worst type of behavior here.

Hard to be a good member of one site when you've been been a poor one at so many others.

Something Else
09-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Karma really is a bitch :yup:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-the-best-giveaway-ever-2008-263323/?

Acct traders. :no:

You have no sympathy from me.

bammers
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
sucks to be you man.... but surely they could provide an explanation as to why you got whacked....? :blink::blink:

maverick_andy
09-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I like your Title :D

dr jones
09-04-2008, 12:46 PM
that why i dont use seebox :)

becomehokage
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I think that guy is just shittalking about HDB.I mean cmon now do u think staff there are so dumb to ban him cause he was using a seedbox???!?!?

forthat
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
i don't know why some the guys overseed.......

well i have 512kbps well i am very happy with it.......

that was the reason that have kept karma to the people those who has low speeds(i don't consider i have low speeds with 512 kbps i can upload 4-5 gb per day and around 100 gb to all my accounts)

karma is a good thing guys....i saw that they are some people it like a bitch.....

well those who accuse it,they might have high speeds can buffer tons of GB but there are some who can't upload much ........this help some people.....not all the people has box's...

RedRansom
09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Umm i had over 700gb upload and nearly 15000 bonus point and i helped users for find educations tracker at forum... But they disabled me too :unsure: if they wanna be new u-kt keep working and diasable all ppl only vip+staff members is enough for that ...;)
they dont listen ppl especailly some staff member at irc ...
you can see the admin is far away from tracker if some1 wanna donate will wait nearly 1 or 2 weeks for his answer ...
only sportcenter :wub: is the the best and helpful , others dont worth to talk with them
and i am happy to nwo disabled from sdbits i hope nano will disabled too :whistling: ...

Crutavv
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
optimal ratio there is between 1 - 2, they don´t like ppl who make big buffer /and I understand this.../

chamaeleo
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
where's hdb staff already! I'm just dyyying to know.
my bet is on the collectors-give-away-bonanza. poll needed here, may we have one?

karma can be horrible thing, I still keep missing all the buses

jrad765
09-04-2008, 04:05 PM
optimal ratio there is between 1 - 2, they don´t like ppl who make big buffer /and I understand this.../

this is your reason

P2PDog
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
To those saying seedboxes are stupid, remember one thing: on private sites, the amount you can download is based on your upload speed, not your download speed.

I've got pretty good download speeds (15mbps), but really crappy upload (256kbps). I have no problem downloading things, but it takes forever to seed it back at that speed. That really limits how much I can grab. In order to be able to get the stuff that I want, I need a higher upload speed and the only way for me to get that is with a seedbox.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. With my regular connection, I could only grab a few things that I wanted, but with the seedbox I can grab as much as I want to. For less than what my cable bill costs me every month, I now have access to as many movies, TV shows, music, etc that I want.

Tokeman
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
To those saying seedboxes are stupid, remember one thing: on private sites, the amount you can download is based on your upload speed, not your download speed.

I've got pretty good download speeds (15mbps), but really crappy upload (256kbps). I have no problem downloading things, but it takes forever to seed it back at that speed. That really limits how much I can grab. In order to be able to get the stuff that I want, I need a higher upload speed and the only way for me to get that is with a seedbox.

It seems like a pretty good deal to me. With my regular connection, I could only grab a few things that I wanted, but with the seedbox I can grab as much as I want to. For less than what my cable bill costs me every month, I now have access to as many movies, TV shows, music, etc that I want.

Exactly how much stuff do you need to watch everyday? Don't you have anything else to do? I dl everything I could want, and never have any issues seeding with my cable isp. Hell, I didn't have too much trouble with 40kb/s upload either. If you really want to dl that much, why not just pay 10 bucks a month for newsgroups, that have all the same releases? You would save a bundle, and help stem the overseeding that is being done on torrent sites.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I want to say something about some people.

1: For the people who said that i may be a cheater :

I was seeding the Heroes torrent before i got banned.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/738/seedboxproofswz3ho0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/seedboxproofswz3ho0.jpg/1/w1360.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img374/seedboxproofswz3ho0.jpg/1/)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/seedboxproofswz3.jpg/1/w1360.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img148/seedboxproofswz3.jpg/1/)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/seedboxproofswz3.jpg/1/w1360.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img148/seedboxproofswz3.jpg/1/)

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/seedboxproofsfp8.jpg/1/w1360.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img182/seedboxproofsfp8.jpg/1/)

2: For the people who talk shit about me , here is not the place .. if you want to say something please add me to the msn and we can talk as much as you want.
[email protected]

3: And for the people who discuss about seedbox or your home connection, overseeding etc etc ... you can make a new thread.

I didn't made this thread for attention , or because im crying .. I made this because i was pissed off and i want some fuc*king answers, First i went to the IRC but they ban me from there too.

respawn40
09-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Well, if you were listening, people were trying to tell you that you may have been banned for overseeding.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, if you were listening, people were trying to tell you that you may have been banned for overseeding.

Well , i have readed the FAQ and the rules and i didnt saw anything about overseeding.

In a few words i was banned for nothing ... :angry:

killercam101
09-04-2008, 08:12 PM
here's the thing find a tracker that steals hdbits rips and boom you're back in the game buffering accounts....and being super Q Y EEEEE

P2PDog
09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Exactly how much stuff do you need to watch everyday? Don't you have anything else to do? I dl everything I could want, and never have any issues seeding with my cable isp. Hell, I didn't have too much trouble with 40kb/s upload either. If you really want to dl that much, why not just pay 10 bucks a month for newsgroups, that have all the same releases? You would save a bundle, and help stem the overseeding that is being done on torrent sites.

Myself, and my family, like to watch more than I can seed with the crappy connection that I have, and yes, I have lots of things to do... thanks for your concern. I'm happy for you if you're able to d/l everything you want, I'm able to do that too, now that I have a seedbox. I don't pay $10 for a news server because, IMO, newsgroups suck.
I'm not concerned with the cost, like I said it's much cheaper than my cable bill, which if it wasn't for others in the house that watch it, I would cancel, since nearly everything I watch is something I've downloaded. I almost never watch network TV.

Oh, and at what point did I say I was overseeding? I was simlply explaining that there are legitimate uses for a seedbox, you shouldn't make those kind of assumptions.

users
09-04-2008, 08:51 PM

that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard, who the fuck has it against policy to seed to much.....who doesn't like speed.

respawn40
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM

that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard, who the fuck has it against policy to seed to much.....who doesn't like speed.

Speed isn't everything. You have to think about those who don't have seedboxes. You don't need a ratio of kazillion on a torrent; let someone else get some ratio.

EDIT: That's why it's called OVERseeding; you seed such a huge amount over what you need for a decent ratio of 1, or 2.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Speed isn't everything. You have to think about those who don't have seedboxes. You don't need a ratio of kazillion on a torrent; let someone else get some ratio.

Well that was my case for 24 weeks, thats exactly why i wanted to use a seedbox there.

I can download an HD rip of 4.44 GB in 3 hours, or a little more , but to seed it back i need at least 1 week , and i wont be able to seed the entire file just because all the leechers would be gone.

Not even think about a rip of 8 GB , or the complete season of any show 50 GB or more..

deadalive1
09-04-2008, 09:00 PM

EDIT: That's why it's called OVERseeding; you seed such a huge amount over what you need for a decent ratio of 1, or 2.

But then their e-penises would shrink and they wouldn't be so l33t.:lol::P

SgtMajor
09-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Re-read this post for full clarification:

As I told you last night when I was already talking to someone from the site.
They said you were disabled for using RM.
^^^ NOTICE ^^^ this is not me accusing him of anything.
This is however the reason your account was said to have been disabled.

As far as what the RM = Figure out what it stands for yourselves.

Sorry whomever you tried talking to banned you without giving you a clear explanation as to why.

users
09-04-2008, 09:04 PM

I'm sorry, but your logic is dumb.of course some have poor connections, but thats they're fault, and it shouldn't mean everyone else gets slower torrents.....

but i guess you have a poor connection anyway, i see why you'd want it...

deadalive1
09-04-2008, 09:05 PM

They said you were disabled for using RM. <-- (insert Ratio Cheating Program here)

Sorry whomever you tried talking to banned you without giving you a clear explanation as to why.

/fixed :whistling:P

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM

They said you were disabled for using RM.

Yes, and do you think that i fake the seedbox picture? , and that i have cheated on F*C , FT*R , Swedvdr and some others. but i only got banned from HDbits ¿?

I think it's discrimination

9NINE
09-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hope that any one of the staff to come here and explane to us that case

in order not to fall in the same fault/(if any)???

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Hope that any one of the staff to come here and explane to us that case

in order not to fall in the same fault/(if any)???

I hope the same thing.

respawn40
09-04-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm sorry, but your logic is dumb.of course some have poor connections, but thats they're fault, and it shouldn't mean everyone else gets slower torrents.....

Poor connections cannot always be helped. Is it someone's fault if they live in a country that has bad connections? NO. Is it someone's fault if their ISP throttles their connection to hell? NO. I only have a poor connection because my ISP throttles; I would go and try to find another ISP, but the one I currently have is the only one available in my area. That's not my fault.

And tiolewis, why would the staff at HDBits be "discriminating" against you? BTW. RM stands for ***********, which is a cheating program.

EDIT: And apparently the name is blocked here; it's THAT bad.

killercam101
09-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Yes, and do you think that i fake the seedbox picture? , and that i have cheated on F*C , FT*R , Swedvdr and some others. but i only got banned from HDbits ¿?

Pull out the race card out!!!..shit Al Sharpton is coming *grins*

respawn40
09-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Pull out the race card out!!!..shit Al Sharpton is coming *grins*

"You're only doing this to me because I'm *insert race here*!!"

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM

Poor connections cannot always be helped. Is it someone's fault if they live in a country that has bad connections? NO. Is it someone's fault if their ISP throttles their connection to hell? NO. I only have a poor connection because my ISP throttles; I would go and try to find another ISP, but the one I currently have is the only one available in my area. That's not my fault.

And tiolewis, why would the staff at HDBits be "discriminating" against you? BTW. RM stands for ***********, which is a cheating program.

EDIT: And apparently the name is blocked here; it's THAT bad.

I know what it is , dont mess with me ..

I have paid for a seedbox , do you think that i would be using that shit ?.

And do you think that in case that you were right , why im not banned from all the high level trackers .. (with the best anticheater detection)

Please stop with those stupid posts.

EDIT: oh , and if you don't belive me , please add me to the msn and i will send you the ip of the seedbox with the details, you can enter and try it.

hunkyman
09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree with you tiolewis, I would have thought that having a seedbox is a good thing to the tracker.

I have a seedbox and the reason I have it is:
1. I have low upload speed
2. It will seed 24 hours a day
3. When someone wants it, they can get it at a good speed.
4. Normally I will seed it for a longer period of time.

My normal method before I had a seedbox would be to seed until i had a 1 to 1 ratio and then stop seeding and get a new torrent.
Now with a seedbox, I leave it seeding, not for a good upload ratio but for the other users.

I have also found that my computer seems alot faster now I am not seeding from it and my connection to the internet seems alot better.

seedman
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a lot of friends that have no problems with their seedbox on HDBits. Try PMing a member of staff in the IRC network. Even if you're banned from the channels you should be able to get a hold of someone.

Eargasm
09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
EDIT: oh , and if you don't belive me , please add me to the msn and i will send you the ip of the seedbox with the details, you can enter and try it.

I think this is your problem, buddy. It seems pretty obvious that you want to let anyone into your box and maybe one of those people cheated at an earlier time on that tracker. There you go.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 09:36 PM

I think this is your problem, buddy. It seems pretty obvious that you want to let anyone into your box and maybe one of those people cheated at an earlier time on that tracker. There you go.

I don't think so .. im sharing it with only 1 person.

I think the HDbits staff wanted some space in the tracker and they kick me off .. or maybe its something else, that .. i REALLY want to know!

Raban
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Try PMing a member of staff in the IRC network. Even if you're banned from the channels you should be able to get a hold of someone.

oh ya i'm sure they'd love that .. . .. :rolleyes:

stoi
09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Just out of interest, was your Friend that shares your seedbox, seeding the same torrent as you on the same seedbox.

I know on our tracker that can totally mess up stats and make it look like all sorts of crazy shit has gone on, and members have been banned (but re-instated later) for it.

Funkin'
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, eventhough that I think the OP is a collector concerned only with e-penis and "eliteness"(maybe I'm wrong), and not a very good person since he was openly giving away accounts that members trusted to invite him to. Eventhough all of this, I do gotta say that getting banned for overseeding is a little harsh. Especially if it's not mentioned in the Rules(which I don't know if it is since I'm not a member).

A certain lossless tracker is against overseeding, and I love that. But...they have it mentioned in the Rules. And even sent a mass pm when they implemented the rule. So everyone was made aware of it. And, they first give you a warning if you start to overseed. Not a full out ban. I think if it truly was overseeding that he got banned for, that maybe he should have got a warning first.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Just out of interest, was your Friend that shares your seedbox, seeding the same torrent as you on the same seedbox.

I know on our tracker that can totally mess up stats and make it look like all sorts of crazy shit has gone on, and members have been banned (but re-instated later) for it.

No , that was not the problem ..

We talk about the sites we will use the seedbox, he doesn't use it on HDbits.

stoi
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
ah well cant help you then, im not a member and i have never spoke to the staff over there, was just curious if that was the case or not.

tiolewis
09-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, eventhough that I think the OP is a collector concerned only with e-penis and "eliteness"(maybe I'm wrong), and not a very good person since he was openly giving away accounts that members trusted to invite him to. Eventhough all of this, I do gotta say that getting banned for overseeding is a little harsh. Especially if it's not mentioned in the Rules(which I don't know if it is since I'm not a member).

A certain lossless tracker is against overseeding, and I love that. But...they have it mentioned in the Rules. And even sent a mass pm when they implemented the rule. So everyone was made aware of it. And, they first give you a warning if you start to overseed. Not a full out ban. I think if it truly was overseeding that he got banned for, that maybe he should have got a warning first.

Are you out of you mind ? ... how you dare to consider me a " not good person" for giving away accounts in some trackers??

This is internet , not the real life .. , and when i did that , I was having a lot of family troubles and i didn't consider the consecuences, but i had good intentions with that , i wasn't trying to fuck my inviters, thats why i reconsider the giveaway , and erase a lot of accounts.

You DONT know me, so the next time please watch your words.

PS: I didn't want this kind of thread , i just wanted an answer for the unfair ban. Some people think that FST is the life.

ah well cant help you then, im not a member and i have never spoke to the staff over there, was just curious if that was the case or not.

Thanks anyway ;)

Skiz
09-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Myself, and my family, like to watch more than I can seed with the crappy connection that I have, and yes, I have lots of things to do... thanks for your concern. I'm happy for you if you're able to d/l everything you want, I'm able to do that too, now that I have a seedbox. I don't pay $10 for a news server because, IMO, newsgroups suck.
I'm not concerned with the cost, like I said it's much cheaper than my cable bill, which if it wasn't for others in the house that watch it, I would cancel, since nearly everything I watch is something I've downloaded. I almost never watch network TV.

Usenet is not for everyone, but to say that it "sucks" displays your outright inexperience and lack of knowledge. Some people, even after experimenting with it find that they would rather download content for free, but those are few and far between. And even of those, they never choose to revert due to lack of content.

Usenet was around way before private BT trackers. It predates them by some twenty years and releases of apps, TV programs, and the latest films traditionally go to Usenet first. It's always been that way. Usenet and its numerous groups, has many, many more uploaders than any private torrent site.

Now I'm not saying that some BT trackers don't have uploaders that cap TV shows or crack programs and release them exclusively to the site but Usenet is the place for getting releases first. You have to know the right groups, of course, but once you've got your favorite groups entrenched in your newsreader of choice, you'll find everything you need and will be able to download it sooner and faster than if you relied on your private tracker.

Using Giganews and Alt.Binz I have 240+ days of content to download* at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin can provide me with approximately 120,000 posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is about 10,000. Usenet search engines reveal literally hundreds of thousands of files available.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There really is no comparison.

The existence of so many users shilling out much more cash than a news server would cost, for seedboxes is just plain foolish and a waste of money.

Cabalo
09-04-2008, 11:40 PM
The existence of so many users shilling out much more cash than a news server would cost, for seedboxes is just plain foolish and a waste of money.
this sentence says it all.

but having seedboxes makes them feel important, with le-grand-epenis... damn seedbox noobs.

P2PDog
09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Usenet is not for everyone, but to say that it "sucks" displays your outright inexperience and lack of knowledge.

Perhaps "sucks" was a poor choice of words, but my opinion is based on neither inexperience nor lack of knowledge. I'm very familiar with Usenet, but for downloading content, I highly prefer bittorrent.

If you like Usenet and it fills your needs, then that's great, I'm happy for you. I simply don't share your opinion in this case.

Septimus
09-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Ok let me see. It's very very, really funny to read some posts of this thread. I think some people need to go back to school to learn how to read. I'm neither american nor english, so perhaps my usage of this language is not the best. But I'm studying this language and I can understand quite a lot.
Let me say some things:

1. Lots of people gave their opinion saying bullshit
2. Is this page call File Sharing Talk? Perhaps I should look the word Share in the dictionary but I think that it is to have or use something with other people. So those who referred to tiolewis giveaway, is it better to let an account die or it is better to give the chance to other person who may give a better usage?
3. Does anyone in this site know tiolewis in REAL life? How you can judge a person who you've never met it? It's easy to say anything behind a keyboard.
4. 'Good user' is refer who makes everything honestly, to those who share, to those who doesn't cheat, or am I wrong? If someone cheats its account, it won't make a complain a let everyone knows that it's a cheater. Beside tiolewis gave proofs of what he is saying.
5. People there is a wonder world outside of your computer why you don't go out and play card with your friends, talk to your family, or get a girl.

stoi
09-05-2008, 02:28 AM
i can answer to number 2.

Yes it is better to delete the account than give it away

reason

he got invited to most of those sites and sgtmajor was the one that done it (i presume from reading that thread months ago so only from memory)

He gives his account away, new member cheats or is just an arse, SgtMajor either looses all his invites, or worse, gets banned, and SgtMajor doesnt know who the fuck he invited anymore.

so yes, delete accounts, do not give them away ffs.

integral
09-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Don't giveaway accounts, and don't use a cheating client on an OVH box or something like that; no matter how 'leet' or 'old' you are in the community, you'll get caught all the same. Just a couple of common sense tips..

Septimus
09-05-2008, 02:34 AM
So you can't trust anyone in this site? What's the invite section for? or what's this site for?

stoi
09-05-2008, 02:37 AM
If you think everyone on here is trustworthy, your delusional.

I have even made accounts for members on here, 5 minutes after i made the account they cheated right under my nose, im like, hmmm bit silly arnet you lol.

I would say 5% are very trustworthy, 15% are moderately trustworthy, the rest, well dont even bother going there.

SgtMajor
09-05-2008, 02:41 AM
So you can't trust anyone in this site? What's the invite section for? or what's this site for?

Invites are for invites, accounts are for the original owner, it doesn't say give accounts away although we know it happens.

I wouldn't trust anybody here straight off, but if I know them from elsewhere as well, then that is a different story.

Edit - and read above me! :D Just too damned quick!

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 02:43 AM
About giving away accounts i have nothing to say , i made a mistake because i wasn't thinking in the consecuences. I addmit that. (and it was like a year ago)

But i wont let anyone call me a cheater

EDIT : oh and Major , dont come here like you were an angel , im sure that you made some trades in the past , like i did .. like % 90 of the users here did.

killercam101
09-05-2008, 03:02 AM
okay but the fact is after all this back and forth..they said you used RM you say you didn't . You didn't get your account enabled and now its turned into bickering between users who traded/or didn't. FACT : your account is gone. I don't know you I have nothing against you but its time to let go.

Septimus
09-05-2008, 03:11 AM
I thing the fact here is that he wants to know the REASON, because if the staff say that you CHEATED and you give PROOFS that is not right, and they don't enable the account, then what is the REASON?

deadalive1
09-05-2008, 03:11 AM
okay but the fact is after all this back and forth..they said you used RM you say you didn't . You didn't get your account enabled and now its turned into bickering between users who traded/or didn't. FACT : your account is gone. I don't know you I have nothing against you but its time to let go.
Wow a clearheaded concise comment...ok who are you? and what have you done with killercam? :lol::P

But seriously, good point killercam.

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:14 AM

I know that my acc is gone , I made this thread looking for the real answer, not to get it back ...

And about the other thing , im playing .. im bored, I just dont like when people is false ... thats all.

Some time ago this was an only trading forum , and trading wasn't that bad like it is now. I stop trading like 2 years ago because it was easier giving and getting for free.

Anyway, I continue posting because i was accused of cheater , and i cant accept that under any circumstances, I dont care about the rest. :)

SgtMajor
09-05-2008, 03:18 AM
I thing the fact here is that he wants to know the REASON, because if the staff say that you CHEATED and you give PROOFS that is not right, and they don't enable the account, then what is the REASON?

Openly at FST is the last place to ask that question though.

Only tracker staff can answer that, by bitching about it here well, what did he expect, sympathy?

Every time we see his name now, what we will we think?? Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet , keep shtum and move on, not be a fucknugget and broadcast your shitz all over the interwebz world for all to see, bad, bad error in judgement. Forever archived in google history, how very clever.

Any semblance of trust he had rebuilt with some people has prob gone, for good.

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:30 AM

Openly at FST is the last place to ask that question though.

Only tracker staff can answer that, by bitching about it here well, what did he expect, sympathy?

Every time we see his name now, what we will we think?? Sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet , keep shtum and move on, not be a fucknugget and broadcast your shitz all over the interwebz world for all to see, bad, bad error in judgement. Forever archived in google history, how very clever.

Any semblance of trust he had rebuilt with some people has prob gone, for good.

What are you saying man ??

So .. when you trade your accounts in the past .. what would be that ?..

Its is the same thing i did , but here is the thing , im the bad guy , and you are the good one :shifty:

The only diference is that i gave you the reason , and i didnt give away any of your accounts (and i wasn't getting anything in return)

I have been fucked too , I invited people i trust and they let me down , i have lost my invites privileges .. but im not crying about it , i dont go to their threads and talk shit about them.

About why i made this thread is simple , they didnt gave me the truth in the IRC.. so i came here looking for answers , maybe someone from the staff see this and tell me the truth.

killercam101
09-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Wow a clearheaded concise comment...ok who are you? and what have you done with killercam? :lol::P

But seriously, good point killercam.

:whistlingcoming from you that means absolutely nothing.....jk <3 u know where to find me for xoxoxoxoxoxo

yevgeny
09-05-2008, 03:38 AM
tiolewis, maybe you should find out if this site has a rep here on fst and pm him for clarification.

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:42 AM
tiolewis, maybe you should find out if this site has a rep here on fst and pm him for clarification.

Im sure they have someone here ..

Anyway im tired , im going to see prison break and then sleep.

Was a nice chat, lets see what happend next.

Good night

SgtMajor
09-05-2008, 03:42 AM
By asking the question openly, you got more than you bargained for.

If you had kept quiet, and kept it between you and the tracker, who would have bothered if you had been disabled. You won't get any answers by opening threads at FST and whining about trackers (at least not the answer you want).

Now we know more about you than we needed to, don't you get it yet?

I didn't talk shit about anyone actually, not least you, once again you read more than what is there.

Non-one needs to know all your business all the time.

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:47 AM
By asking the question openly, you got more than you bargained for.

If you had kept quiet, and kept it between you and the tracker, who would have bothered if you had been disabled. You won't get any answers by opening threads at FST and whining about trackers (at least not the answer you want).

Now we know more about you than we needed to, don't you get it yet?

I didn't talk shit about anyone actually, not least you, once again you read more than what is there.

Non-one needs to know all your business all the time.

Ok , why you posted on this thread ? ..

Check the bittorrent section, It's full of threads ;)

SgtMajor
09-05-2008, 03:53 AM

1 reason and 1 reason only, Karma, I love Karma but sometimes she's a bitch :whistling

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:57 AM

1 reason and 1 reason only, Karma, I love Karma but sometimes she's a bitch :whistling

haha you make me laugh sometimes .. only sometimes.

If you belive in karma you should watch your back , because im not that bad, and you are not that good. :whistling

mafija
09-05-2008, 05:44 AM

they banned you becouse maybe they have better sistem for chiters than this high level comunity.after all its good move from hdbits staff since i think zero sites want to have user that cry and lie in the public, .you got answer on irc.

FACE_TO_FACE
09-05-2008, 07:50 AM
HDbits have one of the best anticheat system.... but the system can fail. I dont believe you have cheat but now go on... forget this tracker, is better.

deadalive1
09-05-2008, 08:07 AM
It doesn't really matter whether people here think you cheated or not, the fact is the staff there think you did and took action...end of story. The answer you got from them is what it is, they have no reason to expand on it. They run the tracker (as do most sites) as they see fit, not as you or anyone else does.

master02
09-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I seen how tiolewis seeded on Hdbits.org because I'm the owner of SeedBoX.

tiolewis
09-05-2008, 03:38 PM

I think it's discrimination they banned you becouse maybe they have better sistem for chiters than this high level comunity.after all its good move from hdbits staff since i think zero sites want to have user that cry and lie in the public, .you got answer on irc.

And you are?

Oh , a poor noob .. , Nah. I dont want to discuss with you, it would be a waste of time.

mafija
09-05-2008, 03:50 PM
they banned you becouse maybe they have better sistem for chiters than this high level comunity.after all its good move from hdbits staff since i think zero sites want to have user that cry and lie in the public, .you got answer on irc.

And you are?

Oh , a poor noob .. , Nah. I dont want to discuss with you, it would be a waste of time.

I dont think so cry baby.:lol:The only thing that is poor is your character:(
You have no shame man:yup:

Nemrod
09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Tiolewis, I seriously doubt you cheated, I think you are smart enough and with enough expertise to know that cheating leads to nowhere, besides even when we don´t match in everything I think you are a good guy.
But you are old enough, smart enough and have been in this BT world enough to know that you should expect those posts you are complaining about, and you should know as well that here you won´t find the answer you are looking for. Myself at least haven´t seen any staff from HDbits helping or explaining anything in almost 1 year.

Disme
09-05-2008, 04:08 PM

What I would like is for the FST-staff to go trough this incredible arse's posts and look for any usefull posts besides the flaming and the insults ... imho when looking at his postcount the banhammer wouldn't be too excessive.

He just insults everyone without knowing what he is actulally taking about.
:frusty:

Nemrod
09-05-2008, 04:15 PM

What I would like is for the FST-staff to go trough this incredible arse's posts and look for any usefull posts besides the flaming and the insults ... imho when looking at his postcount the banhammer wouldn't be too excessive.

FST population would decrease drastically then.:shifty:

mafija
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM

He just insults everyone without knowing what he is actulally taking about.
wtf are you talking about:blink:.are you smoke some bad weeds:sick:.your post should be deleted 1st.so much nonsense:dabs:
Nothing new.You'r full of crap as usual.

McBride
09-05-2008, 04:28 PM
That's really shitty ...

gollum980
10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Today the disabled my account..
I'm a good user, my ratio is good.
I've a seedbox too.
Can i do something?
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks

nipple
10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll all get banned dude
i know one has 130 weeks and 1.5 TB upload and very active in forum and donor and banned
and why dunno :D::D

Cabalo
10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I've a seedbox too.
Can i do something?
Thanks
yes u can. Start using bit-hdtv.

beco
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM
sorry for you mate
I still believe that .....
Not every one can take responsibility on people...if one of the stuff not faithful enough,He did not understand ...His mistakes have implications .

If your innocent like you said ....so you pay the price for dotay ;)

anyway keep working with your seedbox in other site .

(I)
10-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I've a seedbox too.
Can i do something?
Thanks

Listen to him

NeoBetas
10-22-2008, 08:46 AM
maybe some1 in your invite tree cheat, so the whole tree got banned.

I saw that quite often. ;)

No disabled account will be re-enabled there afaik, and seedbox does not make you a good user or anything.

benficao
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
its had been happening to a lot of ppl lately, :( forget about it dude.

Dretskol
10-22-2008, 10:30 AM
holy smoke, I had nice 50gb buffer and yesterday my account was banned?
How could that happen?

gollum980
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM

I use already Bit-HDTV.

holy smoke, I had nice 50gb buffer and yesterday my account was banned?
How could that happen?

I had almost 300 GB buffer..
They banned me..
Unbelievable!!

Dretskol
10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
So sick!

Disme
10-22-2008, 12:38 PM
They have a rule that says you should remain active (down/Up 1 GB a week at least) ... if not you get kicked out.

gollum980
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I've a question:
My IP is dynamic,
if i find an invite and i'll create a new account,
they can ban me again?

puckface
10-22-2008, 06:55 PM
They have a rule that says you should remain active (down/Up 1 GB a week at least) ... if not you get kicked out.

That's probably the best rule I have ever seen at any tracker.

integral
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
I've a question:
My IP is dynamic,
they can ban me again?

Yes. Stop cheating trackers and accept your fate.

SETH82
10-22-2008, 09:20 PM

i agree.... i hate collectors and traders :yup:

Dretskol
10-22-2008, 10:28 PM

OMG.

Didn't like to here those news..

saimer
10-22-2008, 11:58 PM

To be more specific:

If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week. (FL download isn't taken into account)

My understanding on "approximately" - should be an average base on your account age?

t0mmy
10-23-2008, 12:03 AM
yeah, i suppose you just divide your download/upload by how many days you've been a member there, or do it by week, then divide it by 7.

Raban
10-23-2008, 01:25 AM
yeah, i suppose you just divide your download/upload by how many days you've been a member there, or do it by week, then divide it by 7.

ive heard people claim it doesn't actually work this way... i dont think anyone knows for sure exactly how it works.

the safest bet is to download at least a gig or two every week no matter how much total download you have...

puckface
10-23-2008, 01:29 AM

i agree.... i hate collectors and traders :yup:

Why does that have anything to do with collectors and traders? It makes people be active, an active tracker is a happy tracker.

Raban
10-23-2008, 01:38 AM
heads up HD bits free leech for the next few days ! ! ! !! download away boys

lightmonkey
10-23-2008, 01:44 AM
:lol:All Torrents are free till Monday. Free signup, Free leech. Hurryup.

saimer
10-23-2008, 03:06 AM

dude, that's hd-bits.ro ...

Raban
10-23-2008, 03:37 AM

lol FAIL !!

BudgieSmuggler
10-23-2008, 05:50 AM

HA HA

TRACKER FAIL :lol:

NeoBetas
10-23-2008, 07:30 AM
I've a question:
My IP is dynamic,
they can ban me again?

if they find you out, they will.

And it's now fl there.;)

AMnesko
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM

I do not know why but I think that a respectable tracker like HDbits would not disable your account without a good reason. I honestly think you did something against the rules.

gollum980
10-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't know..

cgn
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Well, to be honest: think what did You exactly download from there. Now, use head, keyboard and find this content elsewhere (usenet maybe?). Considering amout of grudge/energy You've put into this thread, You'd have had everything You want already.

It's not really a matter of whether You're a good or bad user. Ban is ban. The End! Sooner earth will stop spinning than staff will openly say they've made a mistake. Especially after such a hate-thread. Think about authority -> You're openly challenging their authority here. And it doesn't even need to be exactly their fault. Maybe anti-cheating script worked and got You banned etc.

Forget, go on.

AMnesko
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, to be honest: think what did You exactly download from there. Now, use head, keyboard and find this content elsewhere (usenet maybe?). Considering amout of grudge/energy You've put into this thread, You'd have had everything You want already.

It's not really a matter of whether You're a good or bad user. Ban is ban. The End! Sooner earth will stop spinning than staff will openly say they've made a mistake. Especially after such a hate-thread. Think about authority -> You're openly challenging their authority here. And it doesn't even need to be exactly their fault. Maybe anti-cheating script worked and got You banned etc.

Forget, go on.
Good point dude!

Tokeman
10-27-2008, 09:18 PM
The more I read this thread, the more I see the line "I had just gotten my seedbox, and started..."

Maybe they saw 2 IP's and just baned the account for potential sharing violation.

Best practice is to advise the staff before you go hooking up a seedbox, which will be on a completely different IP range. Also, hopefully you guys are stopping any torrents on your local machine, as it will look odd to be leeching from 2 locations at once...

Finally, a lot of you are saying you were trying to buffer your account. Small buffers are one thing, they can be useful. But large buffers help no one, and are usually used for trades. Maybe another reason you were banned: Buffering pointlessly.

monkeylover
10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I regularly leech from work and home at the same time on some trackers and it has never caused a problem. With the poor upload rates you get in the UK it's the only way to keep a good ratio, esspecially if you download mainly HD and iso's. I also use my accounts on my laptop from all sorts of Wifi spots. I really hope that I am not endangering my accounts doing this, but so far no issues with BCG, TL or Pisexy. If I get onto hdbits I may be a bit more carefull though :)

I must say though that I don't really see the need for a seedbox and can see why it doesn't keep in with the level playing field of a well run site. My solution to poor upload speeds was to pay for VIP at my most used site, I try to seed back when possible, but if not it is no issue. I then kept my ratios above 1.2 everywhere else by leaving torrents running for a week. If I am late to get on something and can't get the ratio back after a week I help seed new torrents that have been downloaded from elsewhere.

RedRansom
10-28-2008, 09:27 AM
The more I read this thread, the more I see the line "I had just gotten my seedbox, and started..."

Maybe they saw 2 IP's and just baned the account for potential sharing violation.

Best practice is to advise the staff before you go hooking up a seedbox, which will be on a completely different IP range. Also, hopefully you guys are stopping any torrents on your local machine, as it will look odd to be leeching from 2 locations at once...

Finally, a lot of you are saying you were trying to buffer your account. Small buffers are one thing, they can be useful. But large buffers help no one, and are usually used for trades. Maybe another reason you were banned: Buffering pointlessly.
you're talking pointless or not member at hdbits if you're not member why you're talking such as read FAQ and Recycle Bin ...

Tokeman
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Weather or not I'm a member, doesn't matter. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. My points are valid. Yes, they may say it is OK to use a seedbox, but its not ok to share. Ok, so how do they know its a seedbox? If you go with vectoral or another big name, then ya, they'll know its a seedbox. BUT, if its a small company, who's to say its not just another person, and not a seedbox?

Theres no real way to know, unless some one actually digs into the IP information to see if its a server farm.

Don't assume I don't know what I"m talking about, take the information for what it is, an attempt to help people who can't figure out why they are banned. And that is a viable reason.

Edit: theres no mention of seedbox in the FAQ BTW :|

kahoona
12-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I feel for the guy because as far as I can see there is no way to keep a ratio up except to buffer with a seedbox! Perhaps there is a way to seed enough keep the ratio up. If so HDBits members need to know! I run uTorrent. I keep 50 torrents uploading to HDBits at all times. I make most of my downloads from them also. I can do 1 m up 24-7 but normally all I can do with HDBits is 10k to 40k on a good day. I am connectible and I can max out mu ul's to any other tracker and I delete them to keep the bw open to HDB as soon as they hit 1-1. Other people who have the same problem have asked for either help or a revision of the system but receive only derisive comments or lams suggestions like download things you don't like if they look like they might seed well (they don't.)I have to rent a seedbox every once in a while to raise my ratio. I am serious here. There is a problem and some sort of solution to the overseeding problem is needed.

NiKRuLeZ
12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
This is like a year old topic that has been resurected :|

Tokeman
12-02-2009, 03:41 PM
There I was...Mother of God, there I am! Holy fuck
way to ressurect this thread man!

IdolEyes787
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
He's a new member and is the way with new members everywhere they look for topics that they can comment with some insight and confidence on*.
It it was someone that had been here a while then that's another matter entirely .

*Either that or they spam.:happy:

Aapt
12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
//

Bad-Day
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi there IdolEyes :| long time no see dude :)

slymester
12-02-2009, 10:02 PM
He's a new member
He's been here for about 1 year, I wouldn't call that new.

Omara
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
try contacting them from different ip

Rudde
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Good users no thanks.
Good encoders no thanks.
Good uploaders no thanks.
Scene stuff no thanks.
Blu-ray suppliers no thanks.

:D

Benjamin
12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I read through this thread until I saw the swedvdr screenshot. What a waste of time.

DubDub
12-02-2009, 11:14 PM
who bumped this dead thread

anon
12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
kahoona.

I'm not a Moderator but you're spamming a bit too much. :pinch:

DubDub
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
hey anon does sbi stand for sb innovation?

anon
12-02-2009, 11:24 PM
You got that right.

Rart
12-03-2009, 01:21 AM
YAY!!

Meassure my huge e-penis...! I have one billion posts, i ownz j00! keke ^^

Pretty ironic considering your nice "plethora" of userbars in your signature :rolleyes:

lol87
12-03-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't understand why this old topic is still active. I think that this topic was created for a year ago. I didn't read all the posters through.