PDA

View Full Version : RSS reader for new torrents announces, special IRC client?

kukushka
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
sry i'm not tryin' to start another flame )
what software do you use for this? i'd prefer something sitting in the tray with pop-up messages when something is being released.. ..i'm in serious doubts that something like this exists for irc but who knows ))
maybe miranda with plugins?

Something Else
09-04-2008, 03:08 PM
You could use utorrent. :unsure:

F.B.I
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Do you know how to edit scripts?

If yes PM me and I will give you one with that pop up thing and other stuff.

As Benchez said you can just go with Utorrent, you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.

deadalive1
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.
I was under the impression that even with the 1 minute interval inputted, it still checked @ 5 minutes, is that not true anymore?

kukushka
09-04-2008, 04:31 PM
ok, FBI has a solution for irc, and for rss, what, utorrent really can popup something???

F.B.I
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
you set up RSS to 1 min in spite of 5 mins and it's fast to, not fast as a script but is decent.
I was under the impression that even with the 1 minute interval inputted, it still checked @ 5 minutes, is that not true anymore?

I would say no, not true anymore.

ok, FBI has a solution for irc, and for rss, what, utorrent really can popup something???

As far as I know, no. It has only to do with autodownload, and you don't want that.

kukushka
09-04-2008, 05:49 PM
if you have firefox or any rss reader you can set it to popup in incriments without auto downloading.
tried generally recommended on one of the russian soft. forums snarfer
this thing can't parse normally hdbits feed, it's just a plain text plus no popup options.. plus i don't need to popup the whole program, just the msg for a few sec...

kondrae
09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
With utorrent, if you set RSS to download but not start downloading(hope that makes sense), there will be a popup which will tell you - RSS has found and dled so and so

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9866/microtorrent001xg6.jpg

utorrent settings - http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4900/micortorrent002sl0.jpg