PDA

View Full Version : Wow Some Repubs Just Spin and Spin and Spin

Busyman
09-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Karl Rove On VP Pick, Palin and Rumored Obama Pick, Kaine

Surely, the many months of John McCain charging Barack Obama with not being ready to be president will likely gain wide play on editorial pages on Saturday, following his choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate. But there's also the matter of GOP leaders previously mocking Obama for even considering less-than-fully-experienced candidates for vice president.

Appearing on CBS's Face the Nation less than three weeks ago, for example, Republican strategist Karl Rove singled out Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, who was on Obama's short list.

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished," Rove said. Palin has been governor -- of a much, much smaller state -- for less than two years.

Rove also said: "I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America." Palin was formerly mayor of a town that must be ranked about 15,000th biggest in America.

He added, "So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with -- is this person capable of being president of the United States?'"

CBS News summarized Rove's other statements as follows:

"He expects presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama to choose a running mate based on political calculations, not the person's readiness for the job.

"'I think he's going to make an intensely political choice, not a governing choice,' Rove said. 'He's going to view this through the prism of a candidate, not through the prism of president; that is to say, he's going to pick somebody that he thinks will on the margin help him in a state like Indiana or Missouri or Virginia. He's not going to be thinking big and broad about the responsibilities of president.'"

But USA Today notes this afternoon in the lead to its Palin story, McCain chose her primarily to go after women and possibly disaffected Hillary Clinton supporters -- not the "responsibilities of president."

Wow, clearly Palin was picked for purely political reasons but of course that is ignored when it's a Republican.

HYPOCRISY

Rush Limbaugh on Jamie Lynn Spears

Caller: Would you tend to think that a family in this position,
though, wouldn't you think that there would be a more watchful eye as
a parent to be watching over these kids so this doesn't happen to
them?

RUSH: I would certainly hope so, but it's long past time for this to
happen. The parents here are the culprits!

Hmmm, nothing then on Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, then?

Bill O'Reilly On Bristol Palin

Millions of families are dealing with teen pregnancy, and as long as society doesn't have to support the mother, father or baby, it is a personal matter. It's true that some Americans will judge Governor Palin and her family, and she will have a hard time running for vice president if there is much more chaos. For the sake of her and her family, we hope things calm down. This country needs a vibrant policy debate, not a soap opera.

Cool. No problem there. Now....

Bill O'Reilly On Jamie Lynn Spears

Now most teens are pinheads in some ways. But here the blame falls primarily on the parents of the girl, who obviously have little control over her or even over Britney Spears. Look at the way she behaves. And by the way, the mother, Lynne Spears, has reportedly already sold pictures of the upcoming baby of her 16-year-old for a million bucks. Incredible pinhead

Cut and dry hypocrisy.

The Republican bullshit machine at it's worst.

Palin has foreign policy experience cuz she's right up there next to Russia.

Republicans are hive aliens or some shit. I heard that live above from numbnuts on Fox and Friends and then from McCain's woife at the RNC. WTF!?

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Maybe they could take the high road like some Dems and say things like "muthafuckin' Alaska, day ain't no black people in Alaska".

clocker
09-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Maybe they could take the high road like some Dems and say things like "muthafuckin' Alaska, day ain't no black people in Alaska".
Please tell me which Democrats are saying that.

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Please tell me which Democrats are saying that.

That would be P. Diddley

Skiz
09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Yes, some Republicans spin and spin, and some Democrats spin and spin.

There are twits on both sides.

cullen7282
09-08-2008, 10:14 AM

You mean like what Sarah Palin said after the primaries? "Sambo beat the bitch"

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-08-2008, 12:27 PM

You mean like what Sarah Palin said after the primaries? "Sambo beat the bitch"

Exactly, but the paper that "broke" the story, the LA Progressive (hmm), gave no last name to the witness, the restuarant is unknown, and there were no other witnesses. On the other hand, Diddy made his statement in a political video blog intended to get people out to vote for Obama. This video is easy to find and verify, whereas the story about Palin's statement.....well, you know.

bigboab
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM

The Republicans whould have nominated Ted Bird. He would have known which twit to woo.:cry:

peat moss
09-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Who in Obama's camp ok'd the 'Lipstick on a Pig' Comment ? Hey I'm dumb but that was a no brainer .

devilsadvocate
09-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Who in Obama's camp ok'd the 'Lipstick on a Pig' Comment ? Hey I'm dumb but that was a no brainer .

Did you actually see the video and hear what he was talking about?

GBmd_OujjKM

Now was he talking about McCain, who he actually mentioned continuing the Bush policies calling it change, or is he as the McCain campiagn and supporters want us to believe talking about Sarah Palin who he didn't mention?

peat moss
09-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I know exactly what he was talking about as he has used it many times . I just thought after the Pitbull /Hockey Mom quote it was in poor taste .

Let me rephrase that after Senator Palins quote about being a soccer mom is like a Pitbull with lipstick . You get the drift ...

devilsadvocate
09-10-2008, 02:49 AM
I know exactly what he was talking about as he has used it many times . I just thought after the Pitbull /Hockey Mom quote it was in poor taste .

Let me rephrase that after Senator Palins quote about being a soccer mom is like a Pitbull with lipstick . You get the drift ...

Assuming the lipstick/pitball comment actually is relevant, he was saying Palin is the lipstick, not the pig. Is that offensive then?

peat moss
09-10-2008, 02:57 AM
I'm not a white female voter , I'd ask them . The point I was painfully trying to make was , who writes his speeches ? Open mouth and insert foot , is a hell of a way to run a campaign . I'm not trying to funny but just find American politics so much more interesting than say Canadien or Euro .

devilsadvocate
09-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Obama apparently writes a lot of his own speeches, although I have no doubt there is a group effort organizing talking points and phrases for campaign stumps.

peat moss
09-10-2008, 03:16 AM
McCain himself used the exact same phrase to describe Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's health care plan just last year. "I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

People are forgetting its a whole new ballgame , first black nominee , woman running mate . What a debate that would be , Biden / Paulin , interesting like I said .

devilsadvocate
09-10-2008, 01:22 PM
People are forgetting its a whole new ballgame , first black nominee , woman running mate . What a debate that would be , Biden / Paulin , interesting like I said .

I can't deny that it is historic for what it is but I'm personally of the opinion that it doesn't speak so well for us that we are celebrating such things as firsts in the year 2008.
Gender or skin color have nothing to do with ability. What counts is the brain inside the head.

j2k4
09-10-2008, 07:41 PM

I can't deny that it is historic for what it is but I'm personally of the opinion that it doesn't speak so well for us that we are celebrating such things as firsts in the year 2008.
Gender or skin color have nothing to do with ability. What counts is the brain inside the head.

True enough.

Whose brain do you prefer.

Busyman
09-11-2008, 09:07 PM

Sorry but in this campaign, it's been rather one-sided. I have heard some shit about Palin which is false but it didn't come from anyone of note.

This stuff is from Rove, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh ffs.

Did they attend the same meeting or some shit?

Busyman
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM

Lipstick on a pig is an old saying. I'm sure the McCain camp knew that but went for the fake outrage for the stupid.

Busyman
09-11-2008, 09:22 PM

That wasn't poor taste.

If anything, it was bad timing to use a correct saying.

clocker
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
This is all just faux outrage, an attempt to again deflect attention from substantive issues to a perceived snub.
McCain had no problem with the phrase a few months ago when he used it referring to HRC's health plan.

Besides, as Obama pointed out on Letterman, if you follow the logic (something Republicans are not noted for, but still...) and really want to be outraged, the lipstick would be Palin and the pig would the Republican platform.

Oh well, anything that sends Sean Hannity into fits- potentially shortening his lifespan- is a good thing.

j2k4
09-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Oh well, anything that sends Sean Hannity into fits- potentially shortening his lifespan- is a good thing.

Do you really wish that? :huh:

clocker
09-12-2008, 01:06 AM
OK, his "broadcast lifespan".

I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

devilsadvocate
09-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Finally the proof I needed to convince me of media bias, they do a fact checkhttp://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrcdk5.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4162/mrcdk5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

How dare they do what they are supposed to do.
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrcdk5.jpg

peat moss
09-12-2008, 03:43 AM
I have a wish , can't Obama switch his running mate to Sara the Barracuda ? Do it all the time in Canada . ;)