PDA

View Full Version : Dell Ultrasharp 2208WFP 22" Monitor

andrew.cook
09-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi I have been looking to purchase a new 22" monitor and been looking at the dell just wondered if anyone else has one and there thoughts on it? thanks

apextwin146
09-07-2008, 02:31 PM
wat kind of monitor are you looking for?
Ultrasharp is a great monitor but the LG one WTQ i think is a VFM deal ..
Is your primary purpose gaming or Hi-def content etc

andrew.cook
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
hi def content, web browsing etc not really for gaming

rsinad12
09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Already own a Dell Flat Screen that I thought was wonderful. No comparison. This is far superior. I have them linked side by side and use them both at the same time. This Ultra sharp is so much brighter and of course much wider. I can have my Family Tree program up on my old screen, open a Web site AND spreadsheet on the wide screen and work from one to the other. I can cut and paste from one screen into my family tree program in the other screen. I love the usb cable availability for my card reader and flash drives built into the screen where I can actually reach them. Very convenient. The ability to adjust the height is a very useful feature also. I cannot say enough about this screen.

Catcher
09-07-2008, 04:15 PM
A great monitor but the panel is sucks.
If you are into games only this monitor will be great, but if you into movies too I will recommend on the 2007WFP which is smaller but better in quality.
BTW, don't forget to buy some great video card for those high resolutions.

lynx
09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I went for the Belinea o.display 22", best performance/£ at the time, and it is great for both games and movies.

There are plenty of others to choose from:
http://www.cclonline.com/product-categories.asp?category_id=364

Nearly all of the ones worth looking at are much cheaper than Dell.