PDA

View Full Version : Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

boyzeee
09-03-2003, 10:07 PM
For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing! Until it happened to me yesterday! I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

status... kazaa not connecting.......tried the usual.......no effect
I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say's "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros! kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work!

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using. Write it down.

If kazaa stops connecting and you have tried jumping nodes etc and it still not working all you have to do is type in your IP address and the port kazaa using in KAZAA IP PORT then hit refresh, this will restart the connection in kazaa and all should be ok

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE (http://www.sbbs.com/internet/myipaddress.html) then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

I hope this helps you all with connection probs and if anyone can make this simpler or has an easier solution please post it :D :D

thewizeard
09-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Good post boyzeee...

edit: zo good in fact I would like to place a translation on the Dutch forum.

lib
09-03-2003, 11:05 PM
i checked guess what you were right thanks for help its a lot better :D

imnotanaddict
09-03-2003, 11:12 PM
great tip,

boyzeee
09-03-2003, 11:26 PM
no worries.... i think the bug thats in latest version is that it sometimes sets ya ip address to zero's. hopefully a developer will look at this.

ps I apologise to anyone i didnt believe in temp forum when they said it still wouldnt connect........ Ive had a full helping of humble pie for my tea.....yummy ;)

iHadYourMomLastNight
09-04-2003, 12:22 AM
:blink: good tip dude!!!!! im using 2.4.1 myself but i will take note of the prob with 2.4.2 for future use..aaaaah yes humbleness is a virtue!!!! :blink:

pol
09-04-2003, 12:28 AM
i've never had the connection prob myself boyzee, but the tip looked sweet so i hope you dont mind that i posted it here (http://www.klboardlite.ath.cx/bb/read.php?f=2&i=33012&t=33012) for whoever couldnt get to this forum at the time

RealitY
09-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Very Interesting, I'm gonna PM, perhaps this should be Pinned or Fixed if true.

boyzeee
09-04-2003, 02:46 AM
[zo good in fact I would like to place a translation on the Dutch forum. ]

[/i've never had the connection prob myself boyzee, but the tip looked sweet so i hope you dont mind that i posted it here for whoever couldnt get to this forum at the time ]

I dont care where it goes, who repeats it or what language its done in so long as it stops people posting over and over! :D

and I should have added that this applies only if its NOT showing your ip and port in kazaa ip port box in kazupernodes, if it is showing then its prob just a case of jumping supernode to get connected :D

I just been on msngr with mate of mine who has been using kazaa since the stoneage and he was having same prob wiv new version and couldnt sort it so he looked and sure enough his ip was zeros, he tried the fix and it worked, but IF its an inherent fault with new version i dont know if its a permanent fix, but it hasnt happened to me since and im connected nearly 24/7 so fingers x. Ive always managed to sort the usual connection probs by jumpin node etc but this one seems different?? :rolleyes: anyway any feedback would be great... good or bad :D

yonki
09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
I havent had that problem yet, im connected now downloading and uploading. But when i open kazupernodes theres nothing at KAZAA IP:PORT box;not zeros but nothing,its empty.can you explain me that pleasE?

Gavin Halcyon
09-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Hi there, i´ve been reading all the kazaa trouble connection stuff, so i followed the instructions, but i can´t even get into kazaa now, I have the new 1.0.0.2 version, and it detects kazaa lite and tells me about an error.

I haven´t found answers on how to solve it on the FAQ neither in the forum. Need a little help here please.

Gavin. :blink:

headache
09-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Hi,
I still have problems connecting to Kazaa Lite. Even though i have tried all that have suggested above. Check my IP address, check my port and type it in the KazaaIP:Port in KaZuperNodes. Click refresh but nothing happens still. I still cant get connected to Kazaa.
Tried reinstalling, even tried reinstalling the previous version of kazaa lite but still i cant get to connected to Kazaa.
Now i am stuck, i can get into Kazaa's forum but not to search. Please help, urgent!!!!! I really want to get online.
Thanks

TigerEyes549
09-05-2003, 01:07 AM
I as well still have problems connecting to Kazaa. I haven't been able to Kazaa (or IE, for that matter) ever since my dad set up a NetZero connection on his computer. I don't know how this has affected my computer, but I can no longer connect to Kazaa. If anyone has a similar situation or a solution, please respond.

Jg427
09-05-2003, 01:31 AM
@ Gavin
I have the new 1.0.0.2 version
What is 1.0.0.2 ? Never heard of it.

@headache
I have not had this connection problem myself, but you might check in the registry for the values.

ip and port are both listed at HKLM\Software\Kazaa
If you need to enter them there, enter port # at ListenPort as decimal value and ip at My_ip_address

Your problem could be firewall related and not address related. Have you checked that?

JG427

headache
09-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Hi,
Can i know how can i access to HKLM\Software\Kazaa?
Also, i dont think it is the firewall problem, as i have been using it since a long time ago, and this happens only today, and after i cancelled all the downloads file, and remove all the dat files yesterday.
Since then i have not been able to get connected, and i get to reinstall the newest version 2.4.2, and that dont seems to help either.
Thanks.

tukya
09-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by boyzeee@3 September 2003 - 22:07
For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing! Until it happened to me yesterday! I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say's "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros! kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work!

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using. Write it down.

If kazaa stops connecting and you have tried jumping nodes etc and it still not working all you have to do is type in your IP address and the port kazaa using in KAZAA IP PORT then hit refresh, this will restart the connection in kazaa and all should be ok

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE (http://www.sbbs.com/internet/myipaddress.html) then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

I hope this helps you all with connection probs and if anyone can make this simpler or has an easier solution please post it :D :D
I, too, have tried everything but it doesn't work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I've found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?

superkelly
09-07-2003, 06:24 AM
Can't connect with Kazaa Lite K++. Tried to look at my settings like suggested, but Tools/KaZuperNodes gave me the following error:

KaZuperNodes
Run-time error '339':
Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing of invalid.

I was downloading fine until this week so i shouldn't have a firewall or internet connection problem. I downloaded the newest version and reinstalled it twice but still got the same error message above. Is there a way to connect without using KaZuperNodes? Any help would be much appreciated :)

javakel
09-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Well you shouldn't HAVE to connect with KaZuperNodes...

But with the error message, that's fixable. You don't have the right "thingies" installed. :lol: Yeah, I know I'm just so technologically sophisticated. Anyway, go to the homepage and download both the Visual Basic Runtimes and MSCOMCTL.OCX that are listed there and install them accordeing to the directions given. Just remember to Save As...not Open. And make sure you either save it to WINDOWS/system32 OR in the same file you have the KZN .exe. I'm not sure if you have to restart after that, but KZN should work if you do this and follow the directions right. Good Luck!

FailSafe
09-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by tukya@6 September 2003 - 09:46
I, too, have tried everything but it doesn't work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I've found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?
I'm having an identical problem. Listenport is there but no ip. I have a "dynamic ip," though it rarely seems to change, and am thinking that this may be the problem. Any suggestions?

superkelly
09-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks Javakel! KaZuperNodes is now working. So I continued on my journey to connect with Kazaa.

(boyzeee)

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click HERE then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh

In Kazupernodes under current connection:
Supernode IP:Port blank
Supernode Username blank
KaZaA IP:Port 0.0.0.0.:3556

So I changed the KaZaZ IP:Port as directed in the above quote, and hit refresh. This just changed the numbers back. Kazaa still won't connect. This thing is over my head, any one have any suggestions on how to make Kazaa connect? Or even where I could find out more about it?

Jg427
09-07-2003, 11:19 PM
@ superkelley

In Kazupernodes under current connection:
Supernode IP:Port blank
Supernode Username blank
KaZaA IP:Port 0.0.0.0.:3556

So I changed the KaZaZ IP:Port as directed in the above quote, and hit refresh. This just changed the numbers back. Kazaa still won't connect. This thing is over my head, any one have any suggestions on how to make Kazaa connect? Or even where I could find out more about it?

It will not connect with the supernode IP field blank. Do you have only one supernode listed or many listed? Try clicking the button for "restore supernode list" then click " set new SN and restart kazaa" Fill in your ip and port If it's blank.
Kazupernode Manual (http://www.advert-solutions.com/ftfakes/)

Jg427
09-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by FailSafe+7 September 2003 - 09:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FailSafe &#064; 7 September 2003 - 09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-tukya@6 September 2003 - 09:46
I, too, have tried everything but it doesn&#39;t work. I am not able to connect with this new version.

Headache states about registry values. I&#39;ve found the "listenPort" but there is nothing about the "IP" in there.

Any assistance?
I&#39;m having an identical problem. Listenport is there but no ip. I have a "dynamic ip," though it rarely seems to change, and am thinking that this may be the problem. Any suggestions?[/b][/quote]
Where did you find the ListenPort ? It should be in the registry at HKLM&#092;Software&#092;Kazaa. "My_ip_address" should be listed below it. If it&#39;s not, then that&#39;s why you can&#39;t connect. I don&#39;t know why it would be missing but it can be added manually there.

Edit:
I deleted the "my_ip_address" value from my registry and kazaa connected anyway. The value reappeared after I restarted k-lite. The program is reading the ip from another location in the registry. It still may work to add the value if it is missing.

FailSafe
09-08-2003, 03:37 AM
@Jq427

Well, I will try that, but I don&#39;t know what type of registry it is nor if I should enter the IP as a number or a string. I believe as a string but I don&#39;t as yet know. But thank you very much for your reply.

Jg427
09-08-2003, 04:33 AM
The ip is a string value, like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~jgl2/kreg.gif

Donnerkatze
09-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I&#39;m still having connection problems with Kazaa Lite K++ (v 2.4.2). Some info about my setup:

I&#39;m using Bellsouth&#39;s Fastaccess ADSL external modem which functions as a router. I&#39;m running Win98SE with a functioning ethernet card connected to the ADSL modem.

I have Kazaa&#39;s port set to 3282, so be to sure, I&#39;m forwarding those ports to my local IP:
http://my.fit.edu/~plancast/archive/routersetup.jpg

I ran a port test too (linked from the KaNAT site) and it shows port 3282 externally open which is how it should be.

I&#39;ve installed KaNAT and tried running it once Kazaa was open. The results:
http://my.fit.edu/~plancast/archive/kanatsetup.jpg

As far as KazaaSupernodes: I, too, had the problem of having a 0.0.0.0 IP and correct port (3282). Upon entering my correct WAN IP (68.18.55.99) and hitting refresh, it just pops right back to 0.0.0.0:3282. :angry: A picture of my KazaaSupernodes view:
http://my.fit.edu/~plancast/archive/kznsetup.jpg

I&#39;ve tried refreshing lists and basically clicking every button in KazaaSupernodes; I get no lists. It won&#39;t let me enter that ip and keep it. Kazaa itself doesn&#39;t even seem to detect my LAN IP (192.168.1.97) which is why KaNAT apparently errors saying it can&#39;t find a LAN IP to replace. Kazaa does not connect, it just stays stuck at "Connecting...". I&#39;m not sure what to do at this point, but I&#39;ve thoroughly read this thread and the FAQ so far and I&#39;ve come up with nothing.

Anyone know what to do? Thanks.

VB
09-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Fill in a supernode IP.

An example: 212.179.35.118:1214

diabl020
09-09-2003, 12:05 PM
My internet provider always blocked Kazaalite.. and I tried all the port changing stuff.. port 21, 25.. above 5000.. with 1214 disabled..and enabled.
The I got a tunneling prog.. which worked great&#33;..Kaz was back up like normal.

However 2 days ago.. my internet chap upgraded his connection software.(we use something called Cyberoam 24 Client.. or something like that)
Now,, it won&#39;t connect. :o even with my tunneling software&#33;
at first I came here and thought is was the prob everyone else was talking abt.. so I tried all that stuff.. BUt.. I&#39;m using 2.4.1.. not 2.4.2 :angry:
Sooo... somebody help me out here?&#33;

superkelly
09-10-2003, 05:26 AM
:blink:
Well I tried your advice stated below:
Jg427

It will not connect with the supernode IP field blank. Do you have only one supernode listed or many listed? Try clicking the button for "restore supernode list" then click " set new SN and restart kazaa" Fill in your ip and port If it&#39;s blank.

Nada. But a few hours later, after doing some basic computer maintenance (deleting my temp internet files and quarantined files), I opened Kazaa and … it connected. :blink: Easy come, easy go.... Now my Kazupernodes has every value filled in... IM HAPPY BUT I DONT GET IT. Thanks for the help, ya&#39;all. Perhaps one of you computer guru people will ponder this mystery and some day understand it.

--SK

RealitY
09-10-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@4 September 2003 - 01:31
Very Interesting, I&#39;m gonna PM, perhaps this should be Pinned or Fixed if true.
Odd, I suggested this be pinned and then today I open KL++ and its nadda, no connection. KZN is empty and KaNAT has that 0 IP. Tried all of the above and no luck. Then I restarted KL++ a couple of times and it connected. Wonder whats the cause of this, perhaps just a dropped SN at the time.

ShadowStorm
09-12-2003, 01:22 AM
I still have problems with connecting :( I did everything that was suggested here but still my Kazaa won&#39;t connect. I placed my IP and port in KaZaA IP : Port, then chose a supernode from the list and clicked the button Set new SN and restart KaZaA. After some time in the box KaZaA IP : Port appeared 0.0.0.0:2972 and the other boxes were empty. I even put my_ip_address in the registry but I doesn&#39;t seem to help. What else should I try??? Please help.....

NeoMatrix
09-13-2003, 10:20 AM
hi there to all and i hope u can help me

I got Kazaa Lite 2.4.2 and i am running windows XP Home Edition with 512k cable connection however my downloads don&#39;t reach the download speed of 2.0kbps.

could be that i have some setting which are not correct or something else.

can u plse help me since other people with my same connection download at around 50.0kbps to 80.0kbps of download speed and for me downloading at a speed of not even 2.0kbps is very boring and i am getting frustrated

PLSE HELP ME URGENTLY

thanks in advance for your kind cooperation

regards
neomatrix :unsure:

diabl020
09-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Hmm.. :huh: I just browsed through the forums lately..(umm.. first time actually).. And I have reached the brilliant.. almost impossible to notice, guess, figure out, ascertain etc etc(use similar words here) conclusion... that.. SOMEthing is wrong.
Everyone is having a problem with Kazaa?&#33;
even people who aren&#39;t using 2.4.2&#33; :o
Ok.. My problem.. and O&#39;great smartchap helpers Help me out here.. is how to use a port tunneler .. when my Isp has figured out that I was using it.. :ph34r: and has somehow stopped it from working.. Can I "disguise" kazaa.. so that he won&#39;t know I am using it..??? Port switching doesn&#39;t work.. :angry:

diabl020
09-13-2003, 09:28 PM
oh yeh.. and BTW.... the smartass ISP :angry: of mine allows Kazaa to work normally from 12midnight to 8 am.... ONly.. during which I get speeds of 6k/s. So a large file.. say 700MB would take me a few DAYS&#33; :blink:

nikita69
09-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by diabl020@13 September 2003 - 21:28
oh yeh.. and BTW.... the smartass ISP :angry: of mine allows Kazaa to work normally from 12midnight to 8 am.... ONly.. during which I get speeds of 6k/s. So a large file.. say 700MB would take me a few DAYS&#33; :blink:
which one is that and can&#39;t find another source??? I always go with one that actually OWNs the landlines. maybe these guys don&#39;t???

diabl020
09-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Umm.. I&#39;m in Mumbai, India. My Isp buys the bandwidth from a big company/.(my ISP also provides me cable and is run by a major gangster mob... so I can&#39;t really sue them.. just piss them off at most)

My maximum speeds are abt 6-7k&#39;s..

I really need help with this problem&#33;?? :(

VB
09-14-2003, 06:44 PM
This topic is about not being able to connect, NOT about slow speeds.

diabl020
09-15-2003, 04:53 AM
aah... but I was talking abt not connecting.. I was just trying to get some sympathy from people.

The thing is.. I&#39;m not sure whether it is a kazaa problem.. or my ISp who isn&#39;t allowing me.

I can only connect at certain times.(12am ,, to sometime is the morning) . so i&#39;m guessing its a ISp problem...

But I was wondering if someone could gimme some ideas on how to beat the Capatalistic big company greedy people pigs&#33;&#33;

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA&#33;

OK. . now that the crazy ranting is over...

Should I post somewhere else,.?? :blink:

nikita69
09-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by diabl020@15 September 2003 - 04:53
OK. . now that the crazy ranting is over...

Should I post somewhere else,.?? :blink:
only if ur expecting to be booted out of this board.

ShadowStorm
09-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Recently after a lot of playing with KaZuperNodes I managed to connect. But my happiness didn&#39;t last long because after a few seconds I got the message that there&#39;s sth wrong with the file kazaalite.kpp. I reinstalled (including the registry) and got the same message. Is there any way to &#39;repair&#39; it??

fts86
09-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Hy.
Can somebody explain me step by step what i need to do to make my kazaa working?

Please

RohSun
09-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Hey diablo...I am usin the same ISP(7star) and the I too have the same problem...Kazaa works for an 8 hour shift..a paid laborer :|..well anyway...for the past few days I havent been able to connect to kazaa at all...I have tried out all the suggestions made on this forum and none of &#39;em work...could anyone help me out please?&#33;@?&#33;?

nikita69
09-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by fts86@15 September 2003 - 17:06
Hy.
Can somebody explain me step by step what i need to do to make my kazaa working?

Please
YES. :rtfaq:

nikita69
09-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by RohSun@17 September 2003 - 09:13
Hey diablo...I am usin the same ISP(7star) and the I too have the same problem...Kazaa works for an 8 hour shift..a paid laborer :|..well anyway...for the past few days I havent been able to connect to kazaa at all...I have tried out all the suggestions made on this forum and none of &#39;em work...could anyone help me out please?&#33;@?&#33;?
and diablo, if u both have time limit then it&#39;s obviously NOT KL. EITHER UR ISP OR THE ADMIN OF THE PC HAS TIMER (NET NANNY, ETC...).

broomsy
09-17-2003, 08:54 PM
Tried everything suggested and nothing works. Does anyone know if this will be fixed in the next version?

the_rock
09-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey diablo20...I am also using the same ISP and am experiencing a similar problem...but only the difference is that a friend of mine who also uses kazaa & same ISP is able to download at any time :blink:

nikita69
09-18-2003, 07:01 PM
TO ALL WHO ARE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM, TRY some of these tips HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64831).

winnyboy1
09-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by boyzeee@3 September 2003 - 23:07

I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say&#39;s "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros&#33; kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work&#33;

ok well this is exactly the problem i have. It started happening tonite when i clicked JUMP SUPERNODE under file.
and its so annoying. I want kazaa back&#33;&#33;&#33;

i got a few questions
im behind a proxy and im wondering which ip address to put in.
193.120.235.30 or 10.105.0.12
there the 2 ip addresses i see here.

also do u mean hit the refresh button under current connection or the refresh button to refresh the kazaa supernode list?

and when i do hit this refresh button, do i need to have stuff filled in under
Current Connection : Supernode i.p:port and supernode username.

Also shud i have kazaa lite closed when doing this?

hobbes
09-20-2003, 05:44 PM
I have the most recent version, I have valid IP addresses, I have jumped supernodes, nothing connects.

We have a serious problem here. I have 25 movies on my system, people are downloading off a me at 35 kb/sec. What is going on?

nikita69
09-20-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@20 September 2003 - 17:44
I have the most recent version, I have valid IP addresses, I have jumped supernodes, nothing connects.

We have a serious problem here. I have 25 movies on my system, people are downloading off a me at 35 kb/sec. What is going on?
the answer(s) is in this board, has been posted and answered and worked, enough times that it&#39;s easier to refer u to the search function.

hobbes
09-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by nikita69+20 September 2003 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 @ 20 September 2003 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 September 2003 - 17:44

We have a serious problem here.&nbsp; I have 25 movies on my system, people are downloading off a me at 35 kb/sec.&nbsp; What is going on?
the answer(s) is in this board, has been posted and answered and worked, enough times that it&#39;s easier to refer u to the search function. [/b][/quote]
I came to this thread as it is pinned and exactly on topic.

I read each and every post before posting.

I see nothing here that I have not already done.

We, therefore, have a serious problem.

nikita69
09-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+20 September 2003 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 20 September 2003 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nikita69@20 September 2003 - 18:49
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 September 2003 - 17:44

the answer(s) is in this board, has been posted and answered and worked, enough times that it&#39;s easier to refer u to the search function.
I came to this thread as it is pinned and exactly on topic.

I read each and every post before posting.

I see nothing here that I have not already done.

We, therefore, have a serious problem. [/b][/quote]
FYI. while u keep posting here that "we have serious problem", there&#39;s 3,985,381 users online, 743,150,792 files (5,706,368 GB) shared. and those numbers have been on the rise lately.

HMMMMM......

hobbes
09-20-2003, 06:37 PM
How does that fix anything? Diabetics have blood sugar levels in the 1000s but without insulin they cannot use it for energy, they piss it out in their urine and they die. Number of files does not equal files available for download.

If you cannot help, say so. Don&#39;t get defensive and don&#39;t change the subject, that is non-constructive. There is a serious problem.

Why would I come here to just whine? I have been downloading without problem since March. With multiple users I could download at 90-150kb/sec. Now, if I can connect it is like .50 kb/sec.

I want to know where the problem is. Are people afraid and not sharing, we have no idea how many of the total files are blocked. Is it my set-up or is it the program.

nikita69
09-20-2003, 07:42 PM
i may not feel the frustration u have, yet i do understand the concept. i&#39;ll suggest THIS (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68101&st=30&#) and THIS TEST (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64831#).
UNTIL U complete that test and provide ur results, it&#39;s meaningless to continue this conversation.

winnyboy1
09-21-2003, 01:41 AM
i noticed that nikita and muscleman never actually help people.
they just refer ppl to a certain post that helps in solving a number of problems.
:)

nikita69
09-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by winnyboy1@21 September 2003 - 01:41
they just refer ppl to&nbsp; a certain post that helps in solving a number of problems.
life is short, enjoy it; and stop by HERE (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68372&hl=), hopfully ul ameliorate ur knowledge.

MUSLEMAN
09-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by winnyboy1@20 September 2003 - 21:41
they just refer ppl to&nbsp; a certain post that helps in solving a number of problems.
n :rolleyes: :rolleyes: b

MUSLEMAN
09-21-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by hobbes@20 September 2003 - 14:37
How does that fix anything?&nbsp; Diabetics have blood sugar levels in the 1000s but without insulin they cannot use it for energy, they piss it out in their urine and they die. Number of files does not equal files available for download.

If you cannot help, say so.&nbsp; Don&#39;t get defensive and don&#39;t change the subject, that is non-constructive.&nbsp; There is a serious problem.

Why would I come here to just whine?&nbsp; I have been downloading without problem since March.&nbsp; With multiple users I could download at 90-150kb/sec.&nbsp; Now, if I can connect it is like .50 kb/sec.

I want to know where the problem is.&nbsp; Are people afraid and not sharing, we have no idea how many of the total files are blocked.&nbsp; Is it my set-up or is it the program.
hobbs are you getting the 000000 for you ip in kazupernodes is that your problem?? please visit the fastrack forum as this seems to be a kazupernode problem and try installing the 1.4.6 test version of kazupernodes that seems to help, don&#39;t remember where but i rread some where that this is a bug with the kazupernodes

MUSLEMAN
09-21-2003, 02:44 AM
and for every body else if everything here has failed for you then please go to fasttrack forum and ask them as the kazupernodes is their software and not ours
kazupernodes support forum (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/forums/index.php?act=SC&c=5)

hobbes
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+21 September 2003 - 02:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 21 September 2003 - 02:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 September 2003 - 14:37
How does that fix anything? Diabetics have blood sugar levels in the 1000s but without insulin they cannot use it for energy, they piss it out in their urine and they die. Number of files does not equal files available for download.

If you cannot help, say so. Don&#39;t get defensive and don&#39;t change the subject, that is non-constructive. There is a serious problem.

Why would I come here to just whine? I have been downloading without problem since March. With multiple users I could download at 90-150kb/sec. Now, if I can connect it is like .50 kb/sec.

I want to know where the problem is. Are people afraid and not sharing, we have no idea how many of the total files are blocked. Is it my set-up or is it the program.
hobbs are you getting the 000000 for you ip in kazupernodes is that your problem?? please visit the fastrack forum as this seems to be a kazupernode problem and try installing the 1.4.6 test version of kazupernodes that seems to help, don&#39;t remember where but i rread some where that this is a bug with the kazupernodes[/b][/quote]
No big guy,

I am totally baffled. I have a valid IP address and I did a status check of the supernode list. I selected one which gave a green light, and switched to that. For the last 8 hours, despite switching supernodes 15 times (to others with the green light) all I get is "5 sources, connecting".

Yesterday, I did connect to a node which did allowed a max speed of 4.00kb/sec.

Today, nothing.

My problem is limited to those large movie files, small songs with 100+ users download at 100kb/sec.

Something is different from before, I defer to those who understand computers to figure it out.

I am not here to complain as k-lite is free, just trying to let people know that I have noticed a problem.

MUSLEMAN
09-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+21 September 2003 - 17:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 21 September 2003 - 17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@21 September 2003 - 02:57
<!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 September 2003 - 14:37

hobbs are you getting the 000000 for you ip in kazupernodes is that your problem?? please visit the fastrack forum as this seems to be a kazupernode problem and try installing the 1.4.6 test version of kazupernodes that seems to help, don&#39;t remember where but i rread some where that this is a bug with the kazupernodes
No big guy,

I am totally baffled. I have a valid IP address and I did a status check of the supernode list. I selected one which gave a green light, and switched to that. For the last 8 hours, despite switching supernodes 15 times (to others with the green light) all I get is "5 sources, connecting".

Yesterday, I did connect to a node which did allowed a max speed of 4.00kb/sec.

Today, nothing.

My problem is limited to those large movie files, small songs with 100+ users download at 100kb/sec.

Something is different from before, I defer to those who understand computers to figure it out.

I am not here to complain as k-lite is free, just trying to let people know that I have noticed a problem. [/b][/quote]
i have seen this a million times hobbes lately there has been movies that have a lot of sources in search window but none available for connection, if you mp3 are dowloading fine then its your sources, alot of us have tested this out togheter were me clocker ballam nidita69 and couple of other members search for the same exact movie or software and all of us got a lot of sources show up in the search window but none of us could find one source to connect to in the traffic winkow, its a file issue and nothing else, and the reason i asked you about your supernode ip was because this thread is about klite not connecting at all, and not downloads.

anyway if you like i can take you thru an example that will show you its the file and nothing else

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, and don&#39;t be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection
edited sorry about the name hobbes :lol:

hobbes
09-21-2003, 10:17 PM
I understand most of that, Clocker was telling me about your experiments.

I told him that I would much rather it be a software problem than a sources problem, because we can fix the former, not the later.

As you say, if I am lucky enough to find a true source, I will usually download the entire file from that source alone. As we speak several people are downloading from me at 30 kb/sec.

We neeed a source purifier&#33;

Alas....

Thanks

Note: We do not all drop a letter like you do (muscleman=musleman) , I am hobbes, not hobbs

lilnjmami
09-21-2003, 10:21 PM
I&#39;ve just downloaded K++ from www.kazaalite.tk/ and when i went to open it says set up has detected that K++ is currently running. Please close all instances of it now. Is Kazaa An K++ the same or what? Someone explain and mabey someone can tell me a better place to download K++.

MUSLEMAN
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@21 September 2003 - 18:17
I understand most of that, Clocker was telling me about your experiments.

I told him that I would much rather it be a software problem than a sources problem, because we can fix the former, not the later.

As you say, if I am lucky enough to find a true source, I will usually download the entire file from that source alone. As we speak several people are downloading from me at 30 kb/sec.

We neeed a source purifier&#33;

Alas....

Thanks

Note: We do not all drop a letter like you do (muscleman=musleman) , I am hobbes, not hobbs
shoot hoobes i&#39;m sorry man i did not even noitce that very sorry i will edit it now :lol:
@lilnjmami this is not the right place for your post
you haver klite running exit and close it before you try to install new version

Stinko Man K 20X6
09-22-2003, 10:14 PM
so what is the suggestion for people who cant connect because refreshing only brings back the zeros?

Cos thats the boat I&#39;m in. And I lost track of what was going on

Stinko Man K 20X6
09-22-2003, 10:25 PM
also the ONE time kl has connected for me, I copied the IP from the box. But it was different to the IP from that site that tells you your IP

Weirded out"&#33;

Limao
09-24-2003, 06:25 PM
I think i got it.. I had the same everlasting msg "Connecting.." from Kazaa Lite K+ v2.4.2. What I did was disabling my PopUp Stopper.. (sofware from Panicware). Now it&#39;s working quite fine. My dl rate has even increased a bit..

nikita69
09-24-2003, 06:31 PM
my first and most important suggestion to ALL KL++ users who are experiencing any kind of "problem" using it, is go to this post and consider the first step; http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=476462 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=64831&view=findpost&p=476462)

MUSLEMAN
09-27-2003, 03:28 PM
also try the things here they should help (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68792&st=0)

supernico
09-29-2003, 08:35 AM
I totally agree with hobbes.

I have the same connecting problem. I really tried alll the things mentioned on the board&#33; The only thing that does help if i force myself being a supernode, but my bandwidth is not to well, so thats not an option for me. Soemtimes kazaalite(i use 2.4.3) does connect but mostly it doesnt.

I think kazaalite should be plainly install and connect. If so many people are complaining that kazaalite doesnt connect, there must be truth in the "Kazaalite doesnt connect" problem. It just has a problem with connecting, and this problem should be fixed.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by supernico@29 September 2003 - 04:35
I totally agree with hobbes.

I have the same connecting problem. I really tried alll the things mentioned on the board&#33; The only thing that does help if i force myself being a supernode, but my bandwidth is not to well, so thats not an option for me. Soemtimes kazaalite(i use 2.4.3) does connect but mostly it doesnt.

I think kazaalite should be plainly install and connect. If so many people are complaining that kazaalite doesnt connect, there must be truth in the "Kazaalite doesnt connect" problem. It just has a problem with connecting, and this problem should be fixed.
you agree but did not follow the link i gave you and do the things there and talk to jg427 and ftfakes who are now taking care of this problem and we are finding out that its not klite but something with your registry or isp so please read the posts and follow links and go there to find out which one is your problem before you put up bs post thx and good luck

ps follow the link in my previous post its not there for show

supernico
09-29-2003, 08:45 AM
By the way, I dont have a router, I dont use proxies, I dont use a firewall, and my ISP loves Kazaa, because thanks to Kazaa they get so many new customers. Kazaa has a connecting problem, thats sad because the program is so excellent. And most of the mass users want to just install kazaalite and connect and use ist. They dont even know what an IP-number or a node is, the mass wanna download and share, and if they cant connect, there is a problem. And believe me, I know A LOT of people that have this problem with connecting.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 08:47 AM
again follow the link and i see 4.000.000 people who can connect just fine so far so it can&#39;t be klite otherwise there would be no users right

supernico
09-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Muscleman, I did follow your link. I just finished my master&#39;s in computer engineering. And I already find it a lot of work and headaches just to connect, and i suppose i am a computer geek. So I think, when the mass users want to download files, they dont wanna go through all this headaches, they just wanna connect and download. I am just another vote to address this problem. Hope the developers can do something about it. So i am not complaining, but just addressing a problem.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 08:54 AM
did you realize that from the link that the problem is not klite then??? :blink: :blink: where in the link did you see the problem being klite??? :blink: and congrats in you masters :lol: and again 4.000.000 to is a bigger mass than who ever that can&#39;t connect and again its not a klite problem, why don&#39;t you post on that thread instead of here and let jg427 and ftfakes help you connect since at the time you are not able to your self

supernico
09-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Yes muscleman, when i use the Just plain version of Kazaa or the older versions of kazaalite I belong to one of the 4.000.000 happy connecting users. I am just addressing that there is a connecting problem with the new kazaalite. It just there, and i believe that in the near future the problem will be solved, thanks to the people that were complaining, and thanks to the developers that fixed it.....

nikita69
09-29-2003, 08:56 AM
In addition to what MM said, this is one of my PCs: Win 2K
Windows firewall
sygate firewall
line firwall
proxy
DSL
and still able to have up to 1mb dl / 200 ul w/about 1/1gb ul/dl.
go thru my sig and remember
RESULTS WILL VARY
No matter how good your systems may be, they&#39;re only as effective as what you put into them.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 08:57 AM
now that makes no sense boss what version are you using that is connection and which one does not connect

supernico
09-29-2003, 08:59 AM
the versions that aren&#39;t able to connect were Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.2 and Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 11:30 AM
so you got a 2.4.1 that can connect but your 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 can&#39;t connect??

supernico
09-29-2003, 11:51 AM
I expect 2.4.1 not connect as well, but never tried it. I really tried everything. Its just weird.

One thing I noticed... I limit my upload to only one person and 24 Kbs. But&#33; Before 2.4.x even connects, many full uploads start that take all my upload bandwidth, which in turn make my download goes away(u know, because every downloaded packet needs an upload confirm packet). How can i ever connect in that way?&#33;?&#33; Could that be the problem? 2nd...when i disable sharing...which i even dont wanna try, but i tried it, 2.4.+ hasn&#39;t got any problems connecting to the network as well. But the last thing i wanna be is a leech so that&#39;s a no no option for me. Of course i can first disable sharing and after a whil enable it....but for most people i know that have this same problem as I have, that&#39;s a NO. Because most people are just to ignorant and lazy to go through options. A program should be easy, install and run... it just not there yet.

Just keep on the old version, untill it has been fixed....

supernico
09-29-2003, 12:07 PM
The program should be edited so that it won&#39;t allow uploads to other users untill 2.4.* has connected to the network. And once it is connected the uploads can start, uploads that respect the upload bandwidth restriction that the user had set up before.

I guess that should fix one problem.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by supernico@29 September 2003 - 08:07
The program should be edited so that it won&#39;t allow uploads to other users untill 2.4.* has connected to the network. And once it is connected the uploads can start, uploads that respect the upload bandwidth restriction that the user had set up before.

I guess that should fix one problem.
boss i&#39;m begining to think you have no idea what you are talking about, there is no way for any body to upload from you without klite being connected, you sure your klite is not connected man

supernico
09-29-2003, 01:19 PM
SHIT pics dont work...

So links:

http://www.geocities.com/herculesgod2000/u...otCONNECTED.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/herculesgod2000/uploadingANDnotCONNECTED.jpg)

http://www.geocities.com/herculesgod2000/options1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/herculesgod2000/options2.jpg

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
ok boss thnx for the pics love to take a look but they are not woking for some reason :(

supernico
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
You should copy the shortcut and paste it in an NEW internet explorer window. I am sorry. Geocities doesn&#39;t allow being linked from a message board.

But anyway, as you can see on the pictures 2.4.x doesn&#39;t connect, but in the mean time it does upload A LOT to all other users. And u can see that I have limited my uploads to 2 other users in options.

Explanation: kazaalite k++ 2.4.3 opens your shared folder immediately when you start kazaa lite. Because it opens your shared folder, your upload bandwidth is immediately consumed. Because ur upload bandwidth is 100% consumed u hardly have any download bandwidth available. The result is that kazaa cannot connect anymore.

Of course u immediately come up with a question...How can they find ur IP when ur not connected to the network???? I think because ur IP is being stored in the dat files or somewhere else, so that other users can find u and can upload u when u are not connected and when u have just started the program.

I am not into the details how kazaalite has been coded so I can only speculate. But I know the code part for connecting is some how bugged.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 01:57 PM
you have a different problem than every body else on this thread, have you tried using netlimiter

supernico
09-29-2003, 02:53 PM
Tried bandwidth controller before, didnt do shit.

NeTLIMITER ON THE OTHER HAND SEEMs to be working... Never heard about this program, but it seems a very good program. Anyway, i just connected several times in a row&#33;&#33; That&#39;s super&#33;

But&#33;&#33; We have found a bug now in 2.4.+
Kazaalite shouldnt be allowing uploads while connecting&#33;&#33;&#33;

supernico
09-29-2003, 03:00 PM
By the way muscleman, thanks for putting your time in helping me out.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 03:35 PM
no problem boss enjoy

DrDisco
10-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Add my name to the list of not being able to connect w/klitepp242. Was connecting fine until last nite 9/30/03 thru sbc.global.net (PacBell). Tried manipulating IP and ports but no good.

Has Shaman finally beaten klite?

Coldeyes
10-01-2003, 06:41 PM
I am having problems. Nobody I talk to that has kazaa lite can help. I cannot connect. I am using kazaa 2.4.3. Under supernodes Everything for current connection is greyed out ie uneditable. I cannot change the ip or port which resides on 0.0.0.0:myport. Anybody know a solution?

MUSLEMAN
10-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DrDisco@1 October 2003 - 14:39
Add my name to the list of not being able to connect w/klitepp242. Was connecting fine until last nite 9/30/03 thru sbc.global.net (PacBell). Tried manipulating IP and ports but no good.

Has Shaman finally beaten klite?
no man what are you talking about there is 4 million of us connecting here, be more specific, what is the problem did you follow my link in the past posts??
@Coldeyes you got firewall or av what are they??

Coldeyes
10-01-2003, 06:52 PM
i have zonealarm pro but i have turned it off and still nothing.

MUSLEMAN
10-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Coldeyes@1 October 2003 - 14:52
i have zonealarm pro but i have turned it off and still nothing.
i belive with zone alarm that is not enough it still blocks it try it without it please

Coldeyes
10-02-2003, 07:11 PM
try it without? i just told it still doesnt work with it off.....

MUSLEMAN
10-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Coldeyes@2 October 2003 - 15:11
try it without? i just told it still doesnt work with it off.....
no i mean uninstall it if you paid attention i told you that before we have seen za block klite even when it was disabled

bignoma
10-04-2003, 04:48 AM
:huh: Is this the same reason why people have not been uploading from me? Still I fixed the problem, thanks for the solution- but no one seems to want these files :P I used to have several users in the am, now- none all day long- strange..... :unsure:

EarthenEnergy everything that nature can offer and more... even for adults. (http://earthenenergy)

MUSLEMAN
10-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by bignoma@4 October 2003 - 00:48
:huh: Is this the same reason why people have not been uploading from me? Still I fixed the problem, thanks for the solution- but no one seems to want these files :P I used to have several users in the am, now- none all day long- strange..... :unsure:

EarthenEnergy everything that nature can offer and more... even for adults. (http://earthenenergy)
uploading is a different subject all together

Cerberus@kazaa
10-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Tnx supernico for adressing a real problem that has bugged me for a month now :blink: , KLite 1.7 no problemo :D and then 2.4.2 & 3 hopeless :angry: .
IP&#39;s are stored in DAT files so I will try your solution.

Let you know if it works.

MUSLEMAN
10-04-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Cerberus@kazaa@4 October 2003 - 10:48
Tnx supernico for adressing a real problem that has bugged me for a month now :blink: , KLite 1.7 no problemo :D and then 2.4.2 & 3 hopeless :angry: .
IP&#39;s are stored in DAT files so I will try your solution.

Let you know if it works.
what is the matter with yours its uploading before connecting??

Cerberus@kazaa
10-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Well now you come to mention it,

I have 2 problems,

1: The &#39;not connecting&#39;
2: KazaaLite crashing

1: Tried the Supernode &#39;0.0.0.0&#39; bit but this just fixed the problem occasionally not all the NC could be solved by this.
Until I saw supernico&#39;s post & screenshots.
Before I upgradet to 2.4.2, 1.7.2 started to have the same symptoms, sometimes I was quick enough to click the traffic button and got the multiple uploads at high speed but with the &#39;connecting&#39; message at the bottom screen. Version 2.4.x has the abilaty to directly go to your traffic screen which had most of the time the same behavior.

Still have to try NetLimiter

2: This one is probably a conflict of programs. On an old intallation of XP both 1.7 and 2.4 keep having problems 1 and 2. I recently did a new installation of XP on another partition and this one has only XP + updates, sound- video & motherboard drivers and Norton Internet security & NAV 2002.
On this new intallation 2.4 kept crashing within 10 minutes so I swithed back to 1.7 and kept that one running overnight with speedup, this morning 1.7 was started again about 10 times by speedup.
With both versions & OS IAMAPP.EXE (= Norton AV) goes of the scale, consuming almost all of my processor time in both XP installations.

This afternoon I got rid of most of my .dat files and 1.7 has been running (downloadig about 6 files) without a ploblem for several hours

I&#39;ll try 2.4.3 next with the same downloads. Let&#39;s see if it will sustain my 120 kB/s for those 6 downloads (combined) of the last few hours.

Keep you posted,

Cerberus

(edit typo&#39;s)

MUSLEMAN
10-05-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Cerberus@kazaa@4 October 2003 - 19:48
Well now you come to mention it,

I have 2 problems,

1: The &#39;not connecting&#39;
2: KazaaLite crashing

1: Tried the Supernode &#39;0.0.0.0&#39; bit but this just fixed the problem occasionally not all the NC could be solved by this.
Until I saw supernico&#39;s post & screenshots.
Before I upgradet to 2.4.2, 1.7.2 started to have the same symptoms, sometimes I was quick enough to click the traffic button and got the multiple uploads at high speed but with the &#39;connecting&#39; message at the bottom screen. Version 2.4.x has the abilaty to directly go to your traffic screen which had most of the time the same behavior.

Still have to try NetLimiter

2: This one is probably a conflict of programs. On an old intallation of XP both 1.7 and 2.4 keep having problems 1 and 2. I recently did a new installation of XP on another partition and this one has only XP + updates, sound- video & motherboard drivers and Norton Internet security & NAV 2002.
On this new intallation 2.4 kept crashing within 10 minutes so I swithed back to 1.7 and kept that one running overnight with speedup, this morning 1.7 was started again about 10 times by speedup.
With both versions & OS IAMAPP.EXE (= Norton AV) goes of the scale, consuming almost all of my processor time in both XP installations.

This afternoon I got rid of most of my .dat files and 1.7 has been running (downloadig about 6 files) without a ploblem for several hours

I&#39;ll try 2.4.3 next with the same downloads. Let&#39;s see if it will sustain my 120 kB/s for those 6 downloads (combined) of the last few hours.

Keep you posted,

Cerberus

(edit typo&#39;s)
well if you are moving those dat from 1.7 to 2.4.3 as long as those slots and sources are available you will get the same speed. but the problem is once you pause, stop download there is no way of knowing if those slots are going to be open but its worth a shot, also try netlimiter and let me know, as far as crashing, you want to make sure you are not a supernode, check for corrupt files and db folder, let me knowhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

Cerberus@kazaa
10-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Update:

On new XP-OS no connection problems with both K-Lite versions 1.7 and 2.4 but both keep going down (2.4 a little more often)
No significant changes in download speed though between both of them.

On old XP I can&#39;t even configure Netlimiter, I think this OS is getting to bugged (lasted about 3/4 of a year, same as the last intallation). I hate installing all of those progs all over again :x

Still don&#39;t know why K-Lite crashes, next thing I&#39;ll try is using speedup to restart version 2.4.3, I like the goodies that are included :w00t: .

Maybe I try an new XP installation without anything to see how that works with version 2.4.3 after I migrated most of my proggies to the other OS.

I think the next posts from me need to be in another forum unless K-Lite starts showing the NC again.

Cerberus

P.S.
Does version 2.4.3 work with windows 98 ?
I keep getting a memory error but that one might be due to the fact that I have to much of it (for &#39;98 that is) and limited the OS to see only 768 Mb of memory.

P.P.S
Musleman,
plz don&#39;t quote whole messages that way these forums get more stuffy than they already are, but thanks for your input in not only this thread ;) .

(edit)

Damn now NC started on the &#39;clean&#39; OS :&#39;(

jstevans
10-06-2003, 05:19 PM
I&#39;m having the same "no connect" problems. I&#39;ve tried some of the fixes but hey, it ought not be this hard. By reading this thread it&#39;s obvious that enough people are having a problem to show that something is wrong with the 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 builds.

Plus, I went back to 2.0.2 and everything works fine.

Something changed after 2.0.2 (or thereabouts) that makes PCs that can work with 2.0.2 not work with 2.4.3 etc.

Does anyone know if there&#39;s a fix coming?

MUSLEMAN
10-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by jstevans@6 October 2003 - 13:19
I&#39;m having the same "no connect" problems. I&#39;ve tried some of the fixes but hey, it ought not be this hard. By reading this thread it&#39;s obvious that enough people are having a problem to show that something is wrong with the 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 builds.

Plus, I went back to 2.0.2 and everything works fine.

Something changed after 2.0.2 (or thereabouts) that makes PCs that can work with 2.0.2 not work with 2.4.3 etc.

Does anyone know if there&#39;s a fix coming?
is your no connect on klite or your downloads??

zylwer
10-07-2003, 02:11 PM
I uninstalled zonealarm 4 pro and restarted my comp but KLite still doesn&#39;t connect, I even tried with previous versions of Klite. I have ADSL and win2000pro. And in KaZupernodes I have those infamous zeros. I don&#39;t know what KaZupernodes is and have never used it. :huh: Help a n00b out please..

MUSLEMAN
10-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by zylwer@7 October 2003 - 10:11
I uninstalled zonealarm 4 pro and restarted my comp but KLite still doesn&#39;t connect, I even tried with previous versions of Klite. I have ADSL and win2000pro. And in KaZupernodes I have those infamous zeros. I don&#39;t know what KaZupernodes is and have never used it. :huh: Help a n00b out please..
first disable zone alarm and see if it connects if not remove and see if it connects, its your firewall blocking klitehttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/2/salook.gif

throwaway
10-08-2003, 05:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I was having problems connecting with the latest version and none of the proposed solutions seemed to work. Then I took a look at the BannedIpRanges.txt file in the kazaa directory and noticed it included my local network range (I am using a proxy), I deleted the first row of the file and now everything works fine.

Give it a shot if all else fails.

jstevans
10-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Musleman asked "is your no connect on klite or your downloads??"

Klite connects OK, searches seem to run fine. But when I tell it to download it "tries" but fails to connect. I can see the "user name" briefly appear in that column but it vanishes in seconds and I get "more soruces" displayed.

I do not have a firewall running and nothing I can think of changed between using 2.0 and upgrading to 2.4.3.

Thanks for your help.

gadago
10-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by throwaway@8 October 2003 - 06:08
Hi Guys,&nbsp;

I was having problems connecting with the latest version and none of the proposed solutions seemed to work.&nbsp; Then I took a look at the BannedIpRanges.txt file in the kazaa directory and noticed it included my local network range (I am using a proxy), I deleted the first row of the file and now everything works fine.

Give it a shot if all else fails.
Yes this sorted it out for me (I&#39;m using proxy too), very well spotted. :)

MUSLEMAN
10-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jstevans@8 October 2003 - 09:52
Musleman asked "is your no connect on klite or your downloads??"

Klite connects OK, searches seem to run fine. But when I tell it to download it "tries" but fails to connect. I can see the "user name" briefly appear in that column but it vanishes in seconds and I get "more soruces" displayed.

I do not have a firewall running and nothing I can think of changed between using 2.0 and upgrading to 2.4.3.

Thanks for your help.
your problem might be your file try pauseing all download and search for van halen&#39;s right now, wait untill you have 30 or more sources and then pick it for download and tell me what you get
@throwaway great catch, for the rest of the people please let us know these details as we have no way of knowing how you are connected and we go by you being connect from a modem and hope that you have tried this before you came here, so always try the simplest why of connecting (strait from pc to modem to internet with no firewall) and if that does not work then come here and let us know, other wise please inform us of such details.

now for you two with proxy where did you update your list from??

globalplayer
10-09-2003, 09:52 PM
I think I too can be of help here to solve the problem described in the subject. :rolleyes:

You guys really surprise me&#33;

It might be because the thread is simply too large that i OVERLOOKED it, but did anyone of you already mention the possibility red-cross button in Kazupernodes? :)

The red-cross button is *NOT* available in Kazupernodes v1.2.1 build 6, but is in the test build 1.4.6&#33;
Don&#39;t be irritated by "test build", this is an EXCELLENT version that only seldom crashes&#33;
So if you can&#39;t connect, use this button. It hasn&#39;t "saved my P2P life" less than 50 times already. :)

MUSLEMAN
10-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by globalplayer@9 October 2003 - 17:52
I think I too can be of help here to solve the problem described in the subject. :rolleyes:

You guys really surprise me&#33;

It might be because the thread is simply too large that i OVERLOOKED it, but did anyone of you already mention the possibility red-cross button in Kazupernodes? :)

The red-cross button is *NOT* available in Kazupernodes v1.2.1 build 6, but is in the test build 1.4.6&#33;
Don&#39;t be irritated by "test build", this is an EXCELLENT version that only seldom crashes&#33;
So if you can&#39;t connect, use this button. It hasn&#39;t "saved my P2P life" less than 50 times already. :)
yes we have already covered that the red cross wont help you if you can&#39;t connect and get the 0000 ips

globalplayer
10-09-2003, 10:29 PM
works for me in most cases tho :unsure:

not kidding you...
maybe it&#39;s bad karma :D

seriously though, there were times when even quitting and restarting Kazaa didn&#39;t help ... but then I used the INITIAL SuperList and usually got one (yes, only one) supernode to connect, but this worked to get the current list again after doing a refresh ...

other idea:
it could be related that people don&#39;t "exit" kazaa completely but just send it to tray. to EXIT it, you must use the icon in the taskbar.
and ONLY THEN it will do a complete restart.

MUSLEMAN
10-10-2003, 03:49 AM
none of these have anything to do with the 0000 ip as i said before the 00000 ips is do to supernodes not connecting at all for varius reasonshttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/2/salook.gif

Cerberus@kazaa
10-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Update:

At first all seemed to work again, but then I noticed the longer I stayed online the harder it gets to get a connection the next time I want to logon :angry: . Uploads go haywire before even getting a connection. Netlimiter does not seem to work here either, Ive seen upload spikes up to 190 Kb/s while I limited Kazaa to only 2 :blink:

(when I get connected Netlimiter works ok, nice to see how your upload bandwith influences your download speed (boy this is leeching :lol: ))

This not connecting I&#39;ve seen earlier, it got to a point I didn&#39;t logon to the Kazaa network for over a month. Since last week I started again but the longer I share the bigger the problem gets.

(this was all with the new XP installation on which I have started to &#39;dress up&#39; more and more programs)

Cerberus

(edit)
Noticed the Red Cross sulution worked with the problem of Not Connecting when Kazaa was up and running for a while but it doesn&#39;t work on your initial connection

supernico
10-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Exactly the way I experienced it. On a new installation Kazaa connects very well, but the longer you share and the more you connect on and off, the worse kazaa connects. And finally kazaa wont connect anymore because all your uploads start before you are connected and you download bandwidth disappears for 99.99%. It is impossible to even load a web page normally. But I swear Netlimiter works&#33;&#33;&#33; But set netlimiter to a low upload bandwith, because if it is still too high your computer will get to much connection requests that ur computer will permit and ur computer has no resources for other up and downloading tasks. After you are connected u can set the upload a bit higher. It should work for you as well. It still takes a while sometimes for kazaa to connect but since I use netlimiter I don’t have any connecting problems with kazaa anymore. And guess what, exactly the same experience with a lot of my friends that use kazaa and have this connecting problem. Netlimiter works very well for all of them. All have the same problem that kazaa opens the port of your compute for UNLIMITED&#33;&#33;&#33; uploads to the rest of the kazaa network. If u share a lot(which I do), like 100 uploads in a few seconds is normal(after an hour you will see thousands of uploads)…duh :rolleyes: …no wonder….&#33;&#33; ur computer is to busy with uploading, connecting no way possible like this… It is obviously now that kazaa has a connecting bug.

First Kazaa should connect to the network and then it should open your ports for uploads&#33;

MUSLEMAN
10-13-2003, 09:55 PM
those of you who have serpico&#39;s problem follow his advise on netlimiter he is correct and it should for most people workhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

jstevans
10-13-2003, 11:30 PM
I agree with SUpernico - kazaa Lite "...has a connecting bug." Until it gets fixed I&#39;m going back to plain old Kazaa despite it&#39;s problems - at least it works every time.

MUSLEMAN
10-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by jstevans@13 October 2003 - 19:30
I agree with SUpernico - kazaa Lite "...has a connecting bug." Until it gets fixed I&#39;m going back to plain old Kazaa despite it&#39;s problems - at least it works every time.
good luck with riaa and ad/spyware http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/w/thumbs.gif

supernico
10-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Indeed, I will never go back to plain kazaa because that program sucks with all his spyware....no problem with RIAA though because I live in the Netherlands...the politicians here don&#39;t wanna prohibit sharing...we are all happy down/uploaders here :D

MUSLEMAN
10-14-2003, 08:47 AM
damn you lucky bastard :lol: :lol: maybe is should move there bosshttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/sgrin.gif

supernico
10-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Guys, I believe that I have found the exact explanation why kazaa wonˇ¦t connect to the network when it is overwhelmed by unlimited uploads, which it does when you just start the kazaa program and when you share A LOT(I share like 100 GB). It has two technical explanations.

1. First and most important is the amount of Conn/min your internet connection allows. I my case it is about 360 Conn/min. I logged all my connection requests without the use of Netlimiter or any other connection open. It seems that when you share a lot and when you just start Kazaa there are like thousand of upload requests per minute&#33; So you donˇ¦t have any other resources left to fulfill any other connection requests. So there is no other internet connection possible. I did a test with a lot of Bittorrents open (without any other connection open of course). When you set your Bittorrent advanced settings to unlimited peer connection, you will get the same result„ł more than 1000 Conn/min. Result is again „ł no internet connection possible&#33; Another evidence for this case is, when I donˇ¦t share in Kazaa, kazaa connects just fine.
2. Second, when your uploads are taking all your upload bandwidth your download will be affected extremely negative as well, because every downloadpacket needs a confirm uploadpacket. Though after research I learned that shouldn&#39;t be the main culprit because your download shouldn&#39;t go back to null. Which it does when Kazaa has this unlimited uploads open. But it certainly plays a roll.

So these two are the technical explanations and I am convinced this problem should be fixed as soon as possible. Because this problem affects mainly the people that share a lot and not the leechers. Netlimiter helps when u limit your upload to a very low upload speed when you start to connect. After you are connected you can set your upload higher as you prefer.

MUSLEMAN
10-14-2003, 09:55 PM
very good boss and that is what the nelimiter is there for, you raise it up slowly to get a good balance but yes if you do have a lot of files you will get all kinds of hits on your line 56kers will just get disconnected

Cerberus@kazaa
10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Ah, that&#39;s why Netlimiter wasn&#39;t working for me. I limited Kazaa to the lowest upload setting (=1K) but still couln&#39;t get through. The problem therefor must be the amount of requests.

I like the &#39;not share&#39; option (at startup that is), its simple and clean. (shouln&#39;t be to hard to automate that :rolleyes: )

Had a good download of someone last week (up to 150Kb/s) and the least I can do is to return the favour to those that have the ability of fast downloads. The chance I get hit by three high speed uploads at the same time are remote, most uploads don&#39;t even get to 5Kb/s.

@MUSLEMAN
Your welcome here in Holland. :beerchug:

@supernico
Well, not so happy when we are not connecting. ;)

(edit)
damn typo&#39;s, its time to clean out my keyboard.

MUSLEMAN
10-14-2003, 11:45 PM
thx for the welcome boss, here is something from the faq :

Why do so many uploads from my machine end up aborted?

Don&#39;t worry; this is due to uploads being taken from multiple sources. The user uploading from you probably finished the download using an alternative source. Or maybe that user just went offline.

i know its not exactly what you said but part of it as far as the speed is what is going on

themanhere10
10-17-2003, 12:49 AM
I have been having a problem when i start to load my KLITE v. 2.4.2 , it says that only one person is online and is sharing 0 gb. What do i have to do to make it conect other users?

MUSLEMAN
10-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by themanhere10@16 October 2003 - 20:49
I have been having a problem when i start to load my KLITE v. 2.4.2 , it says that only one person is online and is sharing 0 gb. What do i have to do to make it conect other users?
congrats :lol: you are a supernode :lol: now stop it :angry: go to options>klite options>advance> here check the box "do not function as a supernode" and restart klite http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

hobbes
10-18-2003, 04:31 AM
I have been downloading "Identity" for 10 days now, 5 full days "connecting". Something is so wrong it is ridiculous.

How many Supernodes do I have to find? Why does the program not switch to an active supernode when the one you use goes to "red". Most people are sleeping during a download.

I currently have a "green" supernode and for 25 minutes I have been looking at: 5 users, connecting".

Is there some way to select the ideal supernode? I pick the one closest to myself in number.

Clocker and Nikita insist that they have have fine download speeds and all is well, for me, nothing over 1.00 for a "hollywood movie", but 150 in past.

Speeds are fine for porn and music, but I am more interested in Hollywood productions.

MUSLEMAN
10-18-2003, 04:34 AM
its the sources for your file hobbes if there are no sources or sources with low bandwith then there is nothing we can do, if porn is downloading fine but hollywood is not thats because hollywood lacks get high bandwith sources boss http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/2/salook.gif

hobbes
10-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Interesting find.

I switched supernode as stated above and got nothing.

I then used the search function to find "identity", I found 120 sources, exactly matching the file size I am downloading.

I am now downloading at 13 kb/sec, which is ok.

Seems that without using the search, the built in accelerator is not finding all sources very effectively, hence 40 minutes with "connecting". As soon as I activated the "search" fuction, I started to actually connect.

So the original download is at 13. When I click in the search results, they are downloading the same movie from the same supernode at 30 kb/sec.

This is just weird.

Fantastic, 10 minutes later, both are down to 2.00 kb/sec.

MUSLEMAN
10-18-2003, 07:01 AM
availability of sources

hobbes
10-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@18 October 2003 - 08:01
availability of sources
did you see 120 sources?

MUSLEMAN
10-18-2003, 07:50 AM
this is not the old days i have seen files with more supposed source then that, which did not connect to one, those sources could be bs sources, off line sources, etc. we have done this (testing files) a million times that why we tell people " not to pay attention to what you see in the search screan" its just a record of who is suppose to have the file but not who is available for connection

bijsterg
10-18-2003, 09:18 PM
I never had troubles installing older versions of K-lite, but the new version cost me the little bit of hair which was left&#33;

The problem seems to be my McAffee firewall. I tried all possibles setting, but it refuses to start K-lite if I don&#39;t set K-lite to have full unfiltered access to the internet. As soon as I set filtering, even with the setup ports from K-lite, the communication stops.

Who had the same experience and knows how I can, or have to, change the settings?

MUSLEMAN
10-19-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bijsterg@18 October 2003 - 17:18
I never had troubles installing older versions of K-lite, but the new version cost me the little bit of hair which was left&#33;

The problem seems to be my McAffee firewall. I tried all possibles setting, but it refuses to start K-lite if I don&#39;t set K-lite to have full unfiltered access to the internet. As soon as I set filtering, even with the setup ports from K-lite, the communication stops.

Who had the same experience and knows how I can, or have to, change the settings?
i got mcafee and no such problem just add kpp and klrun to be filtered and then allow it to watch and observe how it communicates

movies7
10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing&#33; Until it happened to me yesterday&#33; I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION it wasnt connecting to a node. I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say&#39;s "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros&#33; kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work&#33;

ive tried all of the tips and nothing happens to my speed except drop switched super nodes starts out high for a second then goes to the basement even tried without any fire walls ive watched my upload screen it seems 9 out of 10 people have the same problem my ip addreess is right also please any help.

MUSLEMAN
10-19-2003, 06:18 PM
9 out of 10 where here in this post?? any ways

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth, to see if it helps

and remember if your files don&#39;t have sources nothing will help

ncredable1
10-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Well I&#39;m finally posting cause I don&#39;t seem to be able to find my connection solution. I&#39;ve been downloading GREAT for years. Just recently, all of a sudden, when connected via cable-OOL I get connecting at 0.00 for all my connections. Nothing downloads. I have removed my router, uninstalled firewall software, reinstalled klite, switched supernodes, tried other programs that wouldn&#39;t download either (emule, shareaza) et.al. I CAN connect using dial-up and via free Http-Tunnel, but what a pain&#33; What else is there to try? (Other than slitting wrists :blink: ) I miss my freeflowing downloading days...please help&#33;

MUSLEMAN
10-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ncredable1@20 October 2003 - 20:18
Well I&#39;m finally posting cause I don&#39;t seem to be able to find my connection solution. I&#39;ve been downloading GREAT for years. Just recently, all of a sudden, when connected via cable-OOL I get connecting at 0.00 for all my connections. Nothing downloads. I have removed my router, uninstalled firewall software, reinstalled klite, switched supernodes, tried other programs that wouldn&#39;t download either (emule, shareaza) et.al. I CAN connect using dial-up and via free Http-Tunnel, but what a pain&#33; What else is there to try? (Other than slitting wrists :blink: ) I miss my freeflowing downloading days...please help&#33;
have a look here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=68792&st=0)

Spartex
10-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Muwhahahaha&#33; I have had all the said above problems that people have been having.

I&#39;ve tried all the suggestions here that I have found, but to no avail did any of them work.

Then, taking the logical approach, I thought, what had I done since the last time I used Kazaa Lite?

The answer came, ZoneAlarm&#33;&#33; I had installed it and uninstalled it (or at least I thought it did remove it ok.)

So here&#39;s what I did. I re-downloaded the Zone Alarm that I had installed.

I installed it again and let it reboot my PC.

Then I uninstalled it and rebooted the PC.

Ran Kazaa Lite and connected instantly&#33;&#33; No more connecting................... message&#33;&#33;

Hahahahaha :ph34r:

MUSLEMAN
10-22-2003, 06:40 AM
yup alwasys double check and triple check to make sure good job boss

Spartex
10-22-2003, 08:30 PM
See... I exhaust all my resources that I can think of before I posted a whiny "It won&#39;t work" message here... lol

;-)

MUSLEMAN
10-23-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Spartex@22 October 2003 - 16:30
See... I exhaust all my resources that I can think of before I posted a whiny "It won&#39;t work" message here... lol

;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

caposada
10-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this...

My girlfriend had the same problem of the "Connecting ..." message. Finally found out that it was her ISP (Freeserve in the UK). She had X-directory (withholding her phone number when dialing out) on her phone. So I added the number 1471 (for British Telecom) before her ISP number. This sends out her phone number to the ISP when she dials in. Straight away, when we used Kazaa, it worked&#33;

Before I relised this, I got her onto another ISP - Tiscali. Same problem. It seems the ISP&#39;s want your phone number for full port access I guess. Whether this is the same problem for the Americans, I don&#39;t know. This - ofcourse - could just be a one off, but give it a go.

Go luck
Chris and Rosa.

MUSLEMAN
10-27-2003, 08:41 PM
thx for the heads up boss even tho i don&#39;t think anybody here on this thread so far had that problem its good of you to post it you neve know http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gif

lorel
10-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi all,

I also had some problems getting connected. When I start kazaa it forces too the traffic window and uploads alot but keeps saying connecting and nothing downloads. I think this is the problem most of us have.
I now found a sort of way to get connected. What I do is start Internet explorer and as soon I see activity in the zonealarm icon in the bottom right corner of the taskbar, I start kazaalite and it connects straight away.
I don&#39;t know why, but it seems to work for me. I run WinXP, zonealarm pro and k-lite2.4.2

Give it a try and let me know.

MUSLEMAN
10-28-2003, 04:14 PM
for your problem boss if you would read this thread, we recommentd netlimiter, and for the love of got update to 2.4.3http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

lorel
10-29-2003, 02:05 AM
sorry i missed the part about netlimiter :">

Thanks Mosselman (neem aan uit NL) it seems to work.

MUSLEMAN
10-29-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by lorel@28 October 2003 - 22:05
sorry i missed the part about netlimiter :">

Thanks Mosselman (neem aan uit NL) it seems to work.
its muscleman with out the c so it would be musleman

lorel
10-29-2003, 02:52 AM
In that case disregard my previous post, but tahnks anyway

MUSLEMAN
10-29-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by lorel@28 October 2003 - 22:52
In that case disregard my previous post, but tahnks anyway
np you are welcome

Athen
10-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Hey
I have tried what boyzee said back on page one bout fixing the connection an all, and when i type in the IP and :port and click refresh the damn thing changes the Kazaa IP port to a all zeros again and i cant understand this.
What the hell am i doing wrong

DarkDevil
10-30-2003, 06:50 AM
I&#39;ve been experiancing this problem aswell... I&#39;m behind a router (Retail Plus) and the ip that is appearing when i goto KaZuperNodes as KaZaA IP:Port is the ip that the router gives me... 192.168.x.x:xxxx instead of the one my Cable Modem follows... 24.215.xx.xxx Does anyone know what i should do here? This problem didn&#39;t occur when i installed the router, infact several months later, but i thought i should mention them.

jstevans
10-30-2003, 07:33 PM
Ya know guys, older versions of K-lite were never this finicky and never needed Netlimiter or other high-hassle add-ons. And plain old Kazaa (as spyware infested as it is) also doesn&#39;t need all this extra work. Release 2.4.3 has problems. It&#39;s great that some people can get around them but this puppy is not well. I&#39;m leaving it off my system until a new release comes out that purports to solve the problem.

Athen
11-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeah, that sounds sensible. but after looking around i found out that the problem lies with my internet IP so i gotta sort that out. Damn kazaa

MUSLEMAN
11-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by DarkDevil@30 October 2003 - 02:50
I&#39;ve been experiancing this problem aswell... I&#39;m behind a router (Retail Plus) and the ip that is appearing when i goto KaZuperNodes as KaZaA IP:Port is the ip that the router gives me... 192.168.x.x:xxxx instead of the one my Cable Modem follows... 24.215.xx.xxx Does anyone know what i should do here? This problem didn&#39;t occur when i installed the router, infact several months later, but i thought i should mention them.
is your port forwarded?? if you are getting zero ip its because something is blocking klite, need to find out what that is.

and it has nothing to do with the version of klite

Disappear
11-05-2003, 05:15 PM
hi im having this low speed dl problem too but i have one extra problem.
my kazaa supernodes is not working it says
Run Time Error 339
Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or corrupted.
what shall i do?
[btw anyone know how can i learn my open port?using xp default firewall]

BenH
11-05-2003, 05:52 PM
I was trying out a few KaZaA Supernodes IP and ports but KaZaA still wouldn&#39;t connect. This post might help those in my situation.

I just went to K-Dat, and it gave me the currently active downloads (the last downloads I had before KaZaA would&#39;nt connect anymore) and more importantly their SuperNodes Sources. I used those supernodes IP and Ports and everything came back to normal.

Have fun downloading.

BenH

MUSLEMAN
11-06-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Disappear@5 November 2003 - 13:15
hi im having this low speed dl problem too but i have one extra problem.
my kazaa supernodes is not working it says
Run Time Error 339
Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or corrupted.
what shall i do?
[btw anyone know how can i learn my open port?using xp default firewall]
go here and download the kazupernodes 1.4.7 in to the same spot the current one is in (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/)

after that if you still have the MSCOMCTL.OCX errror go here and downl load that file and install it (http://www.geocities.com/nitin_speed/resources.htm#mscomctl)

.hack
11-09-2003, 12:42 AM
nice post :ph34r:

MUSLEMAN
11-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by .hack@8 November 2003 - 20:42
nice post&nbsp; :ph34r:
:blink: :blink:

keep this thread clean

BOVA
11-12-2003, 02:21 AM
I downloaded the latest kazaa lite here. Version 243. It connects but still is not downloading anything. It will try to and starts at 20 kbps. Then it quickly drops off to 10 then 5 then nothing. This has never happened to me before. What the heck is going on? Thanks for any and all help. :angry: :(

DarkDevil
11-12-2003, 03:48 AM
is your port forwarded?? if you are getting zero ip its because something is blocking klite, need to find out what that is.

But i&#39;m not getting Zeros, i&#39;m just getting my network ip, instead of my internet ip. When i put in my internet ip and press refresh it goes back to the network ip.

MUSLEMAN
11-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by BOVA@11 November 2003 - 22:21
I downloaded the latest kazaa lite here. Version 243. It connects but still is not downloading anything. It will try to and starts at 20 kbps. Then it quickly drops off to 10 then 5 then nothing. This has never happened to me before. What the heck is going on? Thanks for any and all help. :angry: :(
this thread is about klite itself not connectiong

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

MUSLEMAN
11-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by DarkDevil@11 November 2003 - 23:48

But i&#39;m not getting Zeros, i&#39;m just getting my network ip, instead of my internet ip. When i put in my internet ip and press refresh it goes back to the network ip.
you are behind a router, your network is what is suppose to be there, don&#39;t even mess with that, you need to forward your port and get kanant

movenpuck
11-13-2003, 12:07 AM
hey guys i Just solved my connection problem but im not really sure how i did it.
so im just gonna break it down to yous.
First im runnin windows xp, and connecting with aol broadband dsl (I know aol sucks but when ur job pays for it, it&#39;s good enuf).

I first noticed that i wasnt able to connect to nortons liveupdate to get my virus definitions . when to the support site for that. there is a section on liveupdate problems and instructions on deleting a file that sometimes becomes corrupt.

Then i noticed that i wasnt getting the notice from xp&#39;s welcome screen that you have "x " amount of unread emails . Also i wasnt able to any of aols video clips.

So i redownloaded the aol software and still wasnt able to connect to kazaa.
Then i made the aol software relocate my modem connection and used the one it found.

Then all was well.

hope this helps

vespatian
11-15-2003, 10:53 AM
My network blocks kazaa on all ports and on top of that, kazupernodes doesnt display my IP. Followed the steps above but didnt help. Its definietely the network in my case :angry: THey only just realised that you can use KAzaa on other ports recently, but they&#39;ve done a damn good job of filtering it out completely now.

Sorry I went off the subject a little, but in my case the above didnt work most probably because of network restrictions. ANy other tips?

MUSLEMAN
11-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by vespatian@15 November 2003 - 06:53
My network blocks kazaa on all ports and on top of that, kazupernodes doesnt display my IP. Followed the steps above but didnt help. Its definietely the network in my case :angry: THey only just realised that you can use KAzaa on other ports recently, but they&#39;ve done a damn good job of filtering it out completely now.

Sorry I went off the subject a little, but in my case the above didnt work most probably because of network restrictions. ANy other tips?
try socks5 or http tunneling

sorryimsober
11-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Ok, so I took everyone&#39;s advice in here and I still can&#39;t get it to connect. I was trying to do it with 2.4.3 but I changed back to 2.4.0 and I&#39;m still having problems. Maybe its that I&#39;m a noob but I dont see a place to put my IP in the K++ options menu. Can someone help me out? Is there a patch that will fix this cennection problem for me?

MUSLEMAN
11-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by sorryimsober@16 November 2003 - 19:45
Ok, so I took everyone&#39;s advice in here and I still can&#39;t get it to connect. I was trying to do it with 2.4.3 but I changed back to 2.4.0 and I&#39;m still having problems. Maybe its that I&#39;m a noob but I dont see a place to put my IP in the K++ options menu. Can someone help me out? Is there a patch that will fix this cennection problem for me?
what is your problem, every body&#39;s problem is not the same exact thing, if you read this whole thread you will see that different things worked for different people,

give me info, where are you?? how do you connect??? give me alot of info

this is not a problem with klite to have a patch for, this is a problem with your enviroment

and versions of klite have nothing to do with speed or connection, go back to 2.4.3

sorryimsober
11-20-2003, 02:23 AM
I&#39;m in Indiana. I use Comcast Cable Internet and I was recently running Norton Internet Security 2003 until my subscription expired. My Kazaa hasn&#39;t been working for about a month, maybe two. At first I thought maybe I just got the boot because of the whole RIAA thing but then I asked around and people were still using it. I tried to get it working and i read through almost all of these connection issues people have one here and none of them seem to be the same. Or, they are similar and I just don&#39;t know it. Back when my Kazaa stopped working I think I was using version 2.1.0 of Klite then I updated to 2.4.3 and still had the connection problem. I tried the port and I.P. thing but I dont know if i did it right. Everytime I try to detect a supernode it comes up all 0&#39;s except the last 3 or 4 digits.

dipatel1
11-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi All,

I have read the numrous posts and have tried everything to try and get kazaa working.

I have windows xp and kazaa lite version 2.4.1

Kazaa lite is having trouble connecting.

My supernodes window says my ip address and port is : 213.52.129.165:1865

However when using the help page indicated http://www.sbbs.com/internet/myipaddress.html

I get an internet ip address of: 213.52.170.71

Whichever one I use I just can not get Kazaa to connect. It used to work but suddenly just stopped working. I have tried rolling back to different versions, have even tried the latest version but to no avail.

I am getting very close to wiping my hard drive and starting again&#33;&#33;

Can anyone help as I have been trying to sort this out for hours now.

aquablade90210
11-21-2003, 04:29 AM
HEY THANKS A LOT MAN IT WAS A GREAT HELP FOR ME I WAS FED UP OF GETTING THE CONECTING MESSAGE THANKS TO U I CAN ONCE AGAIN DLOAD FILES.....

chapps
11-21-2003, 04:52 AM
after about a month of not being able to connect,and trying all the solutions here with no luck.here&#39;s what happened for me
i ran system mechanic and cleaned out all the bad registry files and when i started kazaa low and behold i&#39;m up and running again :D

MUSLEMAN
11-22-2003, 03:01 PM
@sorryimsober, first let me say, when i asked where you where, i meant, school home or work etc. what is goin on with your firewall right now??( off your pc, disabled, enabled??)

@dipatel1, need to know where you are, home, school, work, do you have firewall, router, proxy, network, give me info please

goodmercutio
11-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+12 November 2003 - 09:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 12 November 2003 - 09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BOVA@11 November 2003 - 22:21
I downloaded the latest kazaa lite here. Version 243. It connects but still is not downloading anything. It will try to and starts at 20 kbps. Then it quickly drops off to 10 then 5 then nothing. This has never happened to me before. What the heck is going on? Thanks for any and all help. :angry:&nbsp; :(
this thread is about klite itself not connectiong

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps [/b][/quote]
I am having the SAME problem here. I am connected but the speed just drops off imediatly&#33; I can still upload stuff but I can&#39;t downoad a thing&#33; HELP&#33;

MUSLEMAN
11-24-2003, 02:13 AM
@ goodmercutio it could be your file and its sources, first run a test

please do a test,search for van halen’s right now and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

Auroraborealis
11-25-2003, 12:44 AM
HI fellas&#33;

I am probably one of the few females on this forum. Hopefully, you can help me. :rolleyes: I&#39;ve read the long list of your suggestions, and did my best to apply these to my problem. However, Kazaa STILL doesn&#39;t work. But I&#39;ll start from the beginning.

My Kazaa 2.4.3 was pretty slow working before so I figured if I&#39;d re-install it, or, even better (silly me), install the adware-spyware-hated-kazaa. Despite the efforts, not only did&#39;t I get back my snail Kazaa but it seized working all together *surprise-surprise*. :angry:

Here is how it looks at the moment: KaZuperNodes:
Current Connection: KaZaa IP:Port - my IP plus 2463 (however, Supernode IP:Port goes blank if I fill in the given value). Also, my refresh button is for some mysterious reason blinking... :blink:
New Supernode: IP Port - my IP plus 2463
It does recognize my nickname and that I have a supernode status (??).
Also, there is this white button with a red cross on it - "if your Kazaa still does not connect"....and when I press it - I get a whole list of 0.0000 IPs from US...:(

How long should the list of IPs be anyway? Should it only be my own IP plus the port?

I am really confused here, guys. I would really appreciate any kind of help since I have over 2 GB of .dat files

Best wishes,
N.

MUSLEMAN
11-25-2003, 08:09 AM
are you a supernode???

Auroraborealis
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Well, my status is "Supernode"...am I then a supernode? I don&#39;t even know what a supernode is, to be honest. :unsure:

Which is funny, since I&#39;ve marked under Advanced Options - "Do not function as a supernode"

Lord_Anubis
11-26-2003, 12:29 PM
I&#39;m using Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 and all of a sudden its having trouble connecting, i tried the fix for 2.4.2 above but everytime i hit refresh the Kazaa IP:Port resets to 0.0.0.0:1661 (i&#39;m not functioning as a supernode). I&#39;m using kazaa on a university network but i&#39;ve had no troubs before.

P.S. I did recently notice IPv6 installed on my network connection, this problem occured soon after i uninstalled it, could this have f#~ked everything up?

MUSLEMAN
11-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Auroraborealis@25 November 2003 - 09:40
Well, my status is "Supernode"...am I then a supernode? I don&#39;t even know what a supernode is, to be honest. :unsure:

Which is funny, since I&#39;ve marked under Advanced Options - "Do not function as a supernode"
yes if that is option is checked then go to options>klite options>K++ advance options> here uncheck the box that says "force being a supernode" with this one unchecked and the other one checked close klite and restart it

MUSLEMAN
11-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Anubis@26 November 2003 - 08:29
I&#39;m using Kazaa Lite 2.4.3 and all of a sudden its having trouble connecting, i tried the fix for 2.4.2 above but everytime i hit refresh the Kazaa IP:Port resets to 0.0.0.0:1661 (i&#39;m not functioning as a supernode). I&#39;m using kazaa on a university network but i&#39;ve had no troubs before.

P.S. I did recently notice IPv6 installed on my network connection, this problem occured soon after i uninstalled it, could this have f#~ked everything up?
i&#39;m not sure but it could be can you uninstal and see if it works?? also it just might be the school has started to block it, let me know what happens with ipv6 and then we will take it from there

kiyomi
11-27-2003, 05:46 AM
I was having the same 0.0.0.0 problem and followed the original instructions but hitting Refresh just gave me all zeros again. So I again put in the correct information in the Kazaa IP:port box and instead clicked the white circle with the red + sign -- the "click me if Kazaa isn&#39;t able to connection anymore". Presto - I was immediate connected agin&#33; :D

Thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;

MUSLEMAN
11-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by kiyomi@27 November 2003 - 01:46
I was having the same 0.0.0.0 problem and followed the original instructions but hitting Refresh just gave me all zeros again. So I again put in the correct information in the Kazaa IP:port box and instead clicked the white circle with the red + sign -- the "click me if Kazaa isn&#39;t able to connection anymore". Presto - I was immediate connected agin&#33; :D

Thank you&#33;&#33;&#33;
lol you can thank fttakes for that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord_Anubis
11-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Hmm havn&#39;t been able to do a clean reinstall just yet, but i have just heard that the University admin block kazaa now :angry: .
The thing is according to admin not only is kazaa blocked, but as long as the network can detect kazaa trying to connect all other web based proggies are blocked on that machine - My laptop is NOT having problems with other web proggies while kazaa is connecting hence i assume they havn&#39;t blocked kazaa on my machine - any ideas?

As for IPv6, kazaa worked fine when it was installed and only started playing up when i uninstalled, sorry didn&#39;t mention that above.

I&#39;ll post when i&#39;ve had the opertunity to reinstall.

MUSLEMAN
11-28-2003, 02:26 AM
to not allow sshool detect klite do this and see if it works

Go where you installed KL and change the name of "KazaaLite.kpp" to something else. Click Start, Run and write regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER&#092;Software&#092;K++ and change "ApplicationName" to same as "KazaaLite.kpp"s new name. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE&#092;SOFTWARE&#092;K++ and do the same.

easternpromise
11-29-2003, 12:49 AM
For the past week i have seen quite a few posts saying "New kazaa wont connect" and i have been giving all the usual advice ie jump supernode and tips on how to use kazupernodes and a few people were still saying it wouldnt connect and I assumed it was a noob thing&#33;&nbsp; Until it happened to me yesterday&#33; I ended up re-installing kazaa and it was ok for a while and then it happened again so I went a little deeper and this is what i found..........

I then went to tools and opened Kazupernodes and noticed that in the top right box called CURRENT CONNECTION&nbsp; it wasnt connecting to a node.&nbsp; I then noticed that in the same box in the bottom window where it say&#39;s "KAZAA IP PORT" that it said 00.0.000.00.1243.........now this should have had MY IP AND PORT in it and mine certainly isnt all zeros&#33; kazaa works on connecting IP to IP and it occured to me that if it didnt have my IP then it wasnt gonna work&#33;

now for the fix..... if kazaa is working for you now take a look at what it says in&nbsp; KAZAA IP PORT in kazupernodes. this is your ip address and the port that kazaa is using.&nbsp; Write it down.

if it aint workin now and you need to find your ip address click&nbsp; HERE (http://www.sbbs.com/internet/myipaddress.html)&nbsp; then click OPTIONS>KAZAA LITE K++ OPTIONS>FIREWALL to see what port you using and then type this and your IP into&nbsp; KAZAA IP PORT and hit refresh&nbsp;

I hope this helps you all with connection probs and if anyone can make this simpler or has an easier solution please post it :D&nbsp; :D
<_< I believe my supernodes is working OK and there seems to be connection but there is something very wierd going on here...

It seems making the connection but only showing "1 users online|1 files(0Gb)" at the bottom of the window. Furthermore, when do a search, it completed very quickly with no result. I know for sure that there is one file sitting in My Share Folder". Does this mean I am supernoding myself? Looks like I am only able to view and share files to myself.

Something is not very right here. Can anyone help please?&#33; I am running kazaalite over a proxy machine with zonealarm firewall.

MUSLEMAN
11-29-2003, 05:10 AM
congrats :lol: you are a supernode :lol: now stop it :angry: go to options>klite options>advance> here check the box "do not function as a supernode" and restart klite http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/smiley2k.gif

easternpromise
11-29-2003, 09:05 AM
:D That&#39;s what my work "kazaMATE" had congrat me as well&#33; Flatterring though. Anyway, tried your suggestion still negative - showing no difference at all still sharing 1 files as previously mentioned.

Anymore clues? Cheers

MUSLEMAN
11-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by easternpromise@29 November 2003 - 05:05
:D That&#39;s what my work "kazaMATE" had congrat me as well&#33; Flatterring though. Anyway, tried your suggestion still negative - showing no difference at all still sharing 1 files as previously mentioned.

Anymore clues? Cheers
did you close and open klite after you did the above??

if yes, then please go to options>klite options>k++ advance options> here make sure that the box "force being a supernode" is not checked either, if it is please uncheck and restart klite

Auroraborealis
12-01-2003, 02:33 PM
:angry: Kazaa is still not working, although all previous instructions about SuperNodes, restart etc. have been followed. Is there a new version coming up soon that might end this hell?

MUSLEMAN
12-02-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Auroraborealis@1 December 2003 - 10:33
:angry: Kazaa is still not working, although all previous instructions about SuperNodes, restart etc. have been followed. Is there a new version coming up soon that might end this hell?
its not the version boss there is somthing in your environment,

please download and install the kazupernodes 1.4.7 in the same exact directory as the one you have now and see if that will help you (http://www.advert-solutions.com/ftfakes/kazupernodes/)

mic685
12-03-2003, 10:58 PM
hey folks,

im stuck i cant connect but i use to be able to til a few weeks back. when i was on it though it always chucked me off and reconnected again. now it wont let me connect at all and i can be hours on end waiting for it but nothing happens.

i tried the thing that muscle man said to do at the beginning but mine looks fine and normal so im stuck on what to do.

im a univercity student behind their firewall but the thing is other ppl can use it but i cant.

i was wondering if it was a corrupt file but i deleted everything on my shared folder but i cant find the database for kazaa lite. is *user data* same as *application data* ?

ty

MUSLEMAN
12-04-2003, 11:31 AM
son&#39;t think its your db folder but you need to enable the "show hidden files" in your folder optioins so you could see the "application data"

get the netlimiter and set your upload to very low if that does not help

try the things here (http://klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=84818)

if they don&#39;t work its a possiblity that your network admin has seen alot of activity on your line and capped or something

hitokri
12-09-2003, 10:14 PM
It might have something to do with kazaa 2.6 and that damned company "Sharman" trying to root out k-lite, based on kmd 2.xxx. The thread regarding this issue is found somewhere on one of the sub-boards in these forums.

milk_man423
12-14-2003, 09:45 PM
I&#39;ve got v2.4.3 and I have problems connecting. I can if I use hopster (but only allows 1bk/sec downloading) but I don&#39;t have a firewall, so I shouldn&#39;t need that here. I looked in KaZuperNodes and tried all of the solutions offered, but none of them work. My IP and port are never verified. Also, in KaZuperNodes, there is only one supernode on the list..I don&#39;t know what to do

carding
12-20-2003, 06:23 AM
I have tried all of these suggestions, i still cannot connect&#33; How do i know if I have a firewall in my computer. I have used kazaa lite with my current ips before and have had no problems, could they have added one? How do I use supernodes? whenever I try to check the status of the list, it always times out&#33; Please Help&#33;&#33;&#33;

oxtie
12-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Those little pesky B@&#036;st®ds at SHARMAN are SHIT balls to everyone&#39;s ass&#33; :angry: Lets get them again&#33; :P Hip Hips and Hurrys to Lite dudes&#33;

MUSLEMAN
12-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hitokri@9 December 2003 - 18:14
It might have something to do with kazaa 2.6 and that damned company "Sharman" trying to root out k-lite, based on kmd 2.xxx. The thread regarding this issue is found somewhere on one of the sub-boards in these forums.
it has nothing to do with that, and i have already tried 2.6 and it did not do a damn thing for me except cut off my internet connection with all the damn spyware, none of my downloads started or anything

@milk_man423 make sure you are not a supernode, and hopster is slow unless you pay for it i guess, you need to check your inviroment, how do you connect to the net???

@carding first call your isp and make sure they don&#39;t block or cap p2p or kmd

hateegroups2003
01-19-2004, 05:54 PM
I feel for everyone in this thread. I&#39;ve had all of these problems more or less. Did the tunnel thing for awhile until it stopped working one day when I realized that most of the tunnels are now pay-so those using the free servers may not work anymore. Did the I can&#39;t connect thing and changed from K++ to cleam KMD: any different? Just slower to connect. To those that say they can&#39;t connect, I&#39;ve found that it&#39;s just time you need. You can hope all the nodes you want but they won&#39;t connect, only the grace of God allows you to connect. :rolleyes:

MY problem: CONNECTING is very slow (maybe 30 mins before I find a connection). DOWNLOADING is near impossible (speeds <1kps and most all say "more sources needed" regardless of how many simultaneous connections there are. I&#39;ve tried old K++, 2.6K++, clean KMD all with no success. My connection is a T100 (no joke) so I doubt its a speed problem. Most of the time the program sits there idle neither sending out bits or receiving. Sometimes it sends out a bunch but never receives any. :frusty: If you a knowledgeable god and can help, please do :helpsmile:

Also does anyone know where to get clean morpheus?? I found it yesterday but forgot where.

kap1
01-20-2004, 04:53 AM
This whole failure to connect is very bizarre...

I&#39;ve seen KazaaLite 2.0.2 running just fine on two different PC&#39;s - side by side. One get&#39;s a reinstall of the operating system and reinstallation of KL 2.0.2 - No big deal right? Bingo... 2.0.2 will not connect after the reinstal. WTF :unsure:

The other PC, which is still running 2.0.2 is just perfect&#33; Program connects in a few seconds, and downloads are running just like clockwork. They are sitting there side by side - one works and the other doesn&#39;t... How could this be???

Well I&#39;ve never even heard of a supernode (and I don&#39;t want to thank you very much...) , never heard of anybody having to f##k around with the program to make it go... Just install it and turn it on... I&#39;ve always seen it work like a charm&#33; What is going on here? Very odd.

Given the number of users out there, I can&#39;t imaging why this is not a bigger problem for people. After all, everyone has have to do do OS reinstalls every once in a while... Good luck getting the program to run after that? I can&#39;t figure this one out. Anybody got a simple answer? Come on, let&#39;s hear from all the the smart computer science people out there???

How is it possible for the program to run just fine on 2 side by side PC&#39;s, then one day later (after a reinstall) not connect at all on one of them. Same everything, just one installation takes place on a different day. There&#39;s gotta be a simple explanation. Roadrunner&#39;s not blocking anything, cause it runs fine on PC#1... There&#39;s no firewall issues... No network... No proxy issues... Everything is the same. Just the DATE of the install. That just doesn&#39;t make a whole lot of sense to me. Come on all you smart people, this is killing me :blink: :angry: :( :huh: :ghostface: :frusty:

misterddonghyun
01-21-2004, 12:24 AM
ahh.. i dont really know if i&#39;ll get a response to this, considering how many people are asking questions and how mine is sort of the same thing (i think?)
anyway, here it is.

i&#39;ve used kazaa lite for a while and then suddenly, all of a sudden, it just stopped connecting. i mean, it would connect to opening page but if i tried on clicking one of the links like "verified downloads" or whatever was there, it wouldn&#39;t work. so i upgraded to 2.4.4, thinking that would be the problem. no such luck. then i tried clean kmd, and now im trying 2.4.3. arggg nothing.

i&#39;m not sure how if i&#39;m doing the tip correctly that was stated in the first post. here&#39;s what im doing.
1) go to Tools->Kazupernodes
2) in the top right box, under KaZaA IP:Port, i put in my ip address.
3) then i go to options->kazaa lite ++ options -> firewall, and in the first box where it says "use SOCKS5 Proxy server", there is a box called "port" which has a number in it.
4) i copy that number and stick it into the same box as step 2.
5) then i press the refresh button.

and then i exit out and fire up kazaa again but nothing happens. still not connecting..
o, and on the very bottom of the kazaa program, you know, next to the playback buttons and the volume control, under the search box, it says "search window: not found" and " &#39;Not connected&#39; " message prevention: "

does anyone else get that?

thanks soooooo much in adavance

misterddonghyun
01-21-2004, 12:32 AM
o yea, i dont know if this helps but i&#39;ve tried soulseek, (3 versions of it) and they don&#39;t let me connect either. i heard about the servers being down but when i checked the status of them on websites, they were running fine.. hmmm

MUSLEMAN
01-21-2004, 04:14 PM
@kap1 obvoiusly every thing is not the same, there could be a million things different.

as far as an reinstall or even repair would go with an os i have done both number of times and klite connects, the sooner you stop thinking its klite, the sooner you will find the real answer, and they could be anything form your regitstry to the files in your shared folder or your insternet connection or network and etc., the list goes on and on

@misterddonghyun your "Not connected&#39; " message prevention: " has to do with your auto search and search window so don&#39;t worry about that.

as far as your problem of not connecting goes, first i need you to do a clean reinstall, i&#39;m not sure what you got going on with all those different klites you have installed and unistalled so please do this:

save your shared files to a temp folder uninstall any version of kazaa you have, go to program files and delete any kazaa folder you see, go to c:drive>my shared folder delete that, delet your db folder, run adaware then install klite 2.4.3 or 2.4.4

after that open klite without puting your files back in the shared folder and see if that works if not let me know, and we will figure it out

:lol:

misterddonghyun
01-22-2004, 04:36 AM
hooray&#33; =) another satisfied customer. i&#39;ll probably come back though. hah.. thanks a bunch. ran spybot, restarted a lot, installed 2.6, then 2.4.3 and now i got 2.4.4 :rolleyes:

anyway, while i was installing, i got this message

“SetACL.exe – application error”
“The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

is that bad? and when i kept trying to click ok, it would pop up again. weird.. hmm.. but kazaa is working though. yay thanks a lot everyone :)

MUSLEMAN
01-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by misterddonghyun@22 January 2004 - 00:36
hooray&#33; =) another satisfied customer. i&#39;ll probably come back though. hah.. thanks a bunch. ran spybot, restarted a lot, installed 2.6, then 2.4.3 and now i got 2.4.4 :rolleyes:

anyway, while i was installing, i got this message

?SetACL.exe ? application error?
?The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application."

is that bad? and when i kept trying to click ok, it would pop up again. weird.. hmm.. but kazaa is working though. yay thanks a lot everyone :)
np boss, gald you got it worked out, right now stay away from 2.6 because if you are not carfull you could still endup with some spyware :lol:

good luck boss :lol:

MT D3W ADDICT
01-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Okay I did all this, but when I push refresh my IP gets set back to 0.0.0.0 or whatever

geothermal78
01-24-2004, 01:44 AM
I tried searching this message board for 0.0.0.0 with the &#39;search&#39; button up next to the &#39;help&#39; button, but it won&#39;t let me search for it. I guess it doesn&#39;t like numbers and periods.

Ok, MT D3W ADDICT, did you uninstall all versions of klite and kazaa on your computer ? Then search your hard drives for kazaa folders and delete them except for your shared folder, which you rename to temp shared folder.

Check Add/Remove Programs in the control panel as well.

Delete all mentions of kazaa or klite from your programs menu also. Then reboot.

Did you run a program that cleans your registry ? Then reboot.

Did you run Spybot or Adaware after you uninstalled your p2p programs ? THen reboot.

Then install some version of klite or cleankmd and reboot.

Then start the program and reply with results.... including your OS and what version of klite or cleankmd you are using....

geothermal

Unafraid Cheese
01-24-2004, 07:55 PM
:frusty: stop wasting your time with kaz lite IN ANY FORMAT is buggered and just dont work.

I solely use it to find and dl music.

any thing such as films TV progs ect ect i use Bit torrent.

KaZaA have stop programs like K Lite for useing thir hubs. thats why u not conecting....................

MUSLEMAN
01-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Unafraid Cheese@24 January 2004 - 15:55
:frusty: stop wasting your time with kaz lite IN ANY FORMAT is buggered and just dont work.

I solely use it to find and dl music.

any thing such as films TV progs ect ect i use Bit torrent.

KaZaA have stop programs like K Lite for useing thir hubs. thats why u not conecting....................
yet another misinformed person.

@MT D3W ADDICT where are you (home,school, etc.) and how do you connect to the net??

MT D3W ADDICT
01-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Home, City, connect with AOL

MUSLEMAN
01-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by MT D3W ADDICT@25 January 2004 - 01:49
Home, City, connect with AOL
i&#39;m not sure but my bet is aol

go here and try the supernodes with port 80 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=84818&hl=university) if that does not work i don&#39;t know what to tell you, next to get a new isp

but also how do you connect to aol?? are you behind a network or router??

MT D3W ADDICT
01-25-2004, 07:06 PM
might be a router system, i am not quiet sure

MUSLEMAN
01-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by MT D3W ADDICT@25 January 2004 - 15:06
might be a router system, i am not quiet sure
well that could be it, for router you need kanat, and the ip is going to be different, same with network and etc. those things you need to figure out your self

MT D3W ADDICT
01-26-2004, 02:38 AM
do you have a link to where i can download KANAT?

EDIT:

NVM i found it

geothermal78
01-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Here is KaNat 0.3.7 Beta 321 KB.

http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/

geothermal

Lazarus
02-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Jesus, I&#39;m ready to give it up and buy the damn CD&#39;s (NOT&#33;) but I&#39;ve tried damn near everything posted here.....gone from KL++ to the earlier versions and back again and STILL nada&#33; I can&#39;t download anything....got about 9 items in que and am seeing NO uploads. I see "1 users online/ 484 files (4 gb) and I seem to be totally out of the network. I finally did a system restore and went back 5 days to my earlier settings. Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated, but I have the feeling "the writing&#39;s on the wall..." Araggggggg&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

MUSLEMAN
02-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Lazarus@3 February 2004 - 20:25
Jesus, I&#39;m ready to give it up and buy the damn CD&#39;s (NOT&#33;) but I&#39;ve tried damn near everything posted here.....gone from KL++ to the earlier versions and back again and STILL nada&#33; I can&#39;t download anything....got about 9 items in que and am seeing NO uploads. I see "1 users online/ 484 files (4 gb) and I seem to be totally out of the network. I finally did a system restore and went back 5 days to my earlier settings. Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated, but I have the feeling "the writing&#39;s on the wall..." Araggggggg&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
if jumping supernodes did not help you then:

this happense if you are a spernode and behind a router

geothermal78
02-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Hi,

Try renaming the shared folder to temp shared folder
then go about uninstalling all kazaa & p2p programs
then run RegCleaner to clean the registry.

http://www.sofotex.com/RegCleaner-download_L4965.html

Restart the computer.
Then install Klite or CleanKMD of your choice.

And never use Kazupernodes if you get Klite or CleanKMD to work.

I had the same problems you had after jumping supernodes a lot
and the above fixed my problems. Hopefully it will work for you.

geothermal

Lazarus
02-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Thanks to "Geo,"~~~This solved my problem, and I&#39;m "Good to Go."

MUSLEMAN
02-06-2004, 02:18 PM
@Lazarus did you make sure you are not a supernode?? incase this happens again

Lazarus
02-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Musleman~~~I just checked and the "don&#39;t function as a supernode" box was not checked....but all seems to be working OK. Still, I checked it to be safe.....
Thanx for asking&#33;

Laz~~

MUSLEMAN
02-09-2004, 07:42 PM
np boss like i said that might have been it. by reinstalling you just changed your mode temperarely

hermanchides
03-01-2004, 01:13 PM
OK - being new to here and reading all of this topic - I would like some help on this...

I had been running Kazaa lite happily on a WinNT system at work - internet connection is using a router through the server and to individual PCs.

Now I come in to work this morning and my PC has been upgraded to WinXP - after downloading and installing Kazaa 2.4.3 I cannot connect.

I&#39;ve checked my PC and no firewall is running in XP and I&#39;ve tried all the options on this forum but no luck.

Anyone had problems before when upgrading to XP??? Help would be muchly gratfully&#33;&#33;

MUSLEMAN
03-02-2004, 12:18 AM
i thought you told me on kltforums that we got it figured out?? :lol: :lol:

SingaBoiy
03-06-2004, 11:00 PM
I have version 2.4.3. Try going into supernodes and check in the bottom right corner. There should be a little medical cross that says "Click me if Kazaa isnt able to connect anymore". Now click that. It worked for me when i wasnt able to connect.

MUSLEMAN
03-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@6 March 2004 - 19:00
I have version 2.4.3. Try going into supernodes and check in the bottom right corner. There should be a little medical cross that says "Click me if Kazaa isnt able to connect anymore". Now click that. It worked for me when i wasnt able to connect.
its time to update boss you got an oldversion. we are up to klr2.5.0 now and your kazupernodes is also old.

to update go here and check out the fastrack section (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) :lol:

Hiiryu
03-20-2004, 12:08 AM
I really need some help here. Before this I was using an old version on K-Lite(can&#39;t remember the version) and everything was fine. However I&#39;ve just reformatted my hd a few days ago and downloaded Kazaa Lite version 2.4.3.
This is when I have my downloading problems. When I choose a file to be downloaded, it won&#39;t download most of the time. It would just stay at the "conecting" status and won&#39;t download at all. If by chance the download starts, it would be only at the speed of 4.5 to 3.5 kb/s&#33;&#33; Before formatting my hd and using the older version of K-Lite, I was downloading somewhere between 40 to 35 kb/s. This is like I&#39;m using 56k all over again
Well, is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Could really use the help here. Thanks.

MUSLEMAN
03-20-2004, 03:16 AM
first of all here and try the klr2.5.0 or k-lite2.6 (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx)

but let me say first of all that your version has nothing to do with speed, however there are updates that you don&#39;t have with 2.4.3 so update to which ever one you like.

now your problem is your sources boss remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon&#39;t be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to get kanat (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/)

wwong711
03-25-2004, 05:55 PM
I can&#39;t get my Kazaa 2.4.3 to run anymore since the last few weeks and the screen just
freezed when I run Kazaa and then it says [Web]Not Responding.
As usual , I uninstall and reinstall and check all the checkbox to install from a fresh installation.
I use kazupernodes to check if my IP is still working and it does.
Guys, any idea to solve this problem.

MUSLEMAN
03-25-2004, 08:13 PM
have you tried klr2.5.0 or klite 2.6??

wwong711
03-26-2004, 05:23 AM
ya..kl 2.6 works fine for me but there are too many add. and pop-ups..where can I fine kl2.5.
Let me know.

MUSLEMAN
03-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by wwong711@26 March 2004 - 01:23
ya..kl 2.6 works fine for me but there are too many add. and pop-ups..where can I fine kl2.5.
Let me know.
ok boss you need to be clear there is a k-lite2.6 (not to be mistaken with clean 2.6)

there is a kazaa lite resurection 2.5.0(.0.0.7)

and then the last official klite was 2.4.3

there is an un official 2.4.4 packed by dg_mortal

so please specify which one you are using?? ( if its 2.6 see if its clean 2.6 or k-lite2.6rc.

you can find them all here tho (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx)

wwong711
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Muscleman., i am using kazaalite2.4.3 and now the it just freezed and not responding.have to kill program to exit.

MUSLEMAN
03-27-2004, 04:24 PM
move all files from my shared folder to a temp folder and tell me if this is still happening :lol:

thewizeard
12-30-2006, 05:47 PM
bump*

This is a good thread and should help a few with their connection problems... :cool: