PDA

View Full Version : Azureus 3.0 or 3.1?

pone44
09-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Which 1 is allowed of the most BT sites?

Polarbear
09-08-2008, 07:00 AM

3.1.1.0 is allowed on every site i use and i don't know any that bans it.

use the newest version and you'll be fine.

pone44
09-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you.

I hear 3.0 is banned on a lot of sites now, but i thought there was a security problem with 3.1? Or is it the other way around?

Polarbear
09-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Thank you.

I hear 3.0 is banned on a lot of sites now, but i thought there was a security problem with 3.1? Or is it the other way around?

there aren't any known security issues with the newest version.

Night0wl
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
No security issue. just a bug.

Changing the priority to DND on a single file torrent now completely deletes all previously downloaded data. I used to do this frequently when downloading large slow torrents to take a break from downloading whilst continuing to seed to avoid ratio problems, now I can't. This behaviour has changed from 3.0.5.2 to 3.1.0.0 and still does it in 3.1.1.0. It doesn't seem to do it on multi-file torrents, only single file ones. I appreciate that you may be doing it to tidy up what you think is unwanted data but this is not the case. Can you please put things back to how they were or if not introduce a seeding only priority option or is there any other way to stop this happening that I've missed ?

bubingaclassic
09-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Agreed. While I don't use the DND priority, some people still might and that could be an issue. Otherwise, from a tracker reporting perspective, it still works fine and doesn't appear on any banned lists that I've seen.

Besides which, have you seen anything past 3.0.3.4 banned because my torrent sites don't seem to have any issues with any version from 3.0.3.4 onwards.

Polarbear
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Agreed. While I don't use the DND priority, some people still might and that could be an issue. Otherwise, from a tracker reporting perspective, it still works fine and doesn't appear on any banned lists that I've seen.

Besides which, have you seen anything past 3.0.3.4 banned because my torrent sites don't seem to have any issues with any version from 3.0.3.4 onwards.

no, the newer versions were sometimes considered but allowed quickly on all trackers i know.

nowadays there are more banned utorrent versions than azureus.

bubingaclassic
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I figured as much.

twist off
09-09-2008, 12:25 PM
After the 3.0 version was temporarily banned on some trackers (BCG I think), I went back to 2.8 and I disabled updates... Anything I'm missing with the new versions?

Catcher
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
uTorrent.

Polarbear
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
After the 3.0 version was temporarily banned on some trackers (BCG I think), I went back to 2.8 and I disabled updates... Anything I'm missing with the new versions?

there's never been a 2.8 version. anyhow here's what you are missing since version 2.5.0.4:

VUZE CHANGELOG
-----------------

2008.07.01 | Vuze 3.1.1.0

FEATURE: Core | Added Auto Starting rule to seed large swarms first; useful when many overseeded torrents are in the queue or the upload capacity is far above average [The 8472]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Friend Chat (double click on friend icon to chat) [Gudy]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Friends Online Status
FEATURE: UIv3 | Ability to share content from your computer by dragging it to a Friend [Gudy]

CHANGE: Core | Built-in plugins can now be disabled - it didn't work properly in earlier versions [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | Create Vivaldi views for each DHT in use [Groundy]
CHANGE: UI | Added support for rotation in Vivaldi view [Groundy]
CHANGE: UI | Peers view hostname column now sorts host names by the most significant part first [The 8472]
CHANGE: UIv3 | Finished fixes for the new styled dialog which are now default in Vuze/Vuze Advanced [knguyen]
CHANGE: UIv3 | Added friend icon next to activity entry [TuxPaper]
CHANGE: UIv3 | New plugin bar look (removed arrows, added selectable list all plugin bar views) [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug which stopped downloads being stored in the chosen directory [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug which prevented torrent files from being moved properly [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | Reopening torrents does not delete files when setting some of the already existing files to DND anymore [The 8472]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug which prevented UPnP mappings from being successful when a SOCKS proxy was used [amc1]
BUGFIX: UI | Fixed bug where delete icon on toolbar was not present on OSX [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UI | Blank cells are now properly put at the bottom when sorting a table column [amc1]
BUGFIX: UIv3 | Fixed bottom of list views not repainting properly [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UIv3 | Remove type headers when switching to date sorting [TuxPaper]

2008.06.16 | Vuze 3.1.0.0

FEATURE: UI | Protocol overhead is now shown in the speed graph [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Downloads can now be moved and renamed while running - torrent will be auto-paused [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | New "rename" action which renames torrent file, save file and displayed name at same time [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Plugin log views now support autoscrolling, pausing and regex filtering [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Plugin menu items which in the right-click menu now appear in the "Torrent" menu also [amc1]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Friends (sharing, bandwidth boost)
FEATURE: UIv3 | Greatly Improved Search
FEATURE: UIv3 | Experimental option to use Mozilla/Firefox as browser widget on any platform (XulRunner or Firefox 3 must be installed) [The 8472]
FEATURE: Plug | Added support for plugins to easily use an external configuration file for settings [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now have full control over on-complete and on-removal file moving [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added resource downloader to provide way to download files from Sourceforge [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added API methods to generically pop up the message box to a user [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added API methods to listen to download-complete events [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added various convenience methods for using log views and config models [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added API to allow native UI objects to be added to config views [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added some more methods for plugins to control some transport mechanisms [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added ability to add menus to status entry objects [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now open files using default application handlers [amc1]

CHANGE: Core | added "upload_only" flag to AZMP/LTEP handshakes, disconnect any uploading_only peers we don't need / that don't need us when disconnect seeds when seeding is set [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Further startup speed improvements [The 8472, amc1, Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Speedup of various file batch operations (priority changes) [amc1, The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Added option to allow the removal of files linked outside the save directory when removing data [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | Column menu option to disable fast renaming in files view, changed fast rename to behave more like the windows explorer [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | In console UI, shrunk help text down to be more concise [amc1]
CHANGE: UIv3 | Removed Vuze Header (the top plugin bar is still there but you have to turn it on)

BUGFIX: Core | Made change so that plugins could not inadvertently turn off Azureus extension protocol [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | The UDP tracker client option has been nonfunctional for quite a while now -> fixed [The 8472]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed various file-priority-change related bugs that resulted in error states [The 8472]

2008.04.10 | Azureus Vuze 3.0.5.2

FEATURE: UIv3 | Ability to rate directly from rating reminder activity entry [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Added progress spinner animation for the LightBox [knguyen]

CHANGE: Core | Don't auto-UDP probe on initial announce if tracker not known to support UDP - hit on second and remember outcome [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Improve startup times by taking various torrent-load operations off main thread [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Add reason-messages for update check failures [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Use derived password to protect private key to allow us to persist password [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Get plugin update URL from version server to support potential future switch [Parg]
CHANGE: UI | Run explicit tracker scrapes off UI thread to prevent blocking [Parg]
CHANGE: UI | Allow UI initialisation to proceed before plugin init complete [Parg]
CHANGE: UIv3 | Always start on "Dashboard" tab (unless Advanced UI chosen), instead of sometimes starting on "On Vuze" tab [TuxPaper]
CHANGE: Plug | Ensure that DHT republish events are scheduled using absolute time so recover correctly from computer suspend [Parg]

BUGFIX: Core | Handle some badly formed torrents more gracefully (corrupt announce-lists) [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Handle multiple SSL certs from same URL [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | URLDecode torrent filenames [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Fix non-crypto fallback outgoing connections [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Better (esp for Vista) detection of and setting of Azureus' .torrent file association [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UI | Fix broken per-torrent upload speed setting via options tab [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | Fix alternating bg color not updating after changing in config [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UIv3 | Fix resource leaks related to light box (login window) [knguyen]

2008.03.05 | Azureus Vuze 3.0.5.0

FEATURE: Core | Added µTorrent PEX support [amc1]
FEATURE: Core | Azureus probes trackers for UDP-capabilities on first scrape/announce now and uses udp instead of http where available [The 8472]
FEATURE: Core | Added option to enforce IP bindings even when the specified interfaces are not available (useful when Azureus should not use certain network interfaces) [The 8472]
FEATURE: Core | Intervene with http seeds if progressive stall imminent [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Message user on startup if they have installed Azureus to read-only location [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Added dnd status to XML stats [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added option for "Open Containing Folder" menu action - which may integrate better with non-standard file browsers [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Added option for "Show Torrent Menu" -- Users can now decide to see the Torrent menu in the menubar or not [knguyen]
FEATURE: UI | Fast Renaming (not moving) in the Files tab (click on name column) and Open Torrent dialog (click on dest. name column) [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Completed downloaders column [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Added start/stop to category menu [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added per-category speed limits [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added per-category option setting [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added multiple-torrent options setting to MyTorrents view [Parg]
FEATURE: UIv3 | New menu configuration for Vuze and Vuze Advanced UI's [knguyen]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Activity Tab [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Vuze Login from client [knguyen]
FEATURE: Plug | Added Network Status plugin to perform some basic network tests [Parg]
FEATURE: Plug | Allow plugins to specify their minimum JDK requirements [Parg]

CHANGE: Core | Further memory footprint reductions; for additional tweaks see http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Reduce_memory_usage [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Reimplemented LT extension protocol code [amc1]
CHANGE: Core | DND/Compact (aka Delete) priority now deletes all files that do not share pieces with normal/high priority files [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Queuing rules now don't start any further torrents if the global up/download speed limits are reached [The 8472]
- makes "don't count torrent ..." minimum speed rules more useful to dynamically regulate the queue lengths
- recovers faster from chain reactions in case of connection loss
CHANGE: Core | Made the crypto handshake a bit less predictable [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Added support for IPv6 compact announces (client) and udp-multiscrapes (client+server) [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Take note of more peer-source selections [Parg]
CHANGE: Plug | Added support for plugins which implement mainline DHT [amc1]

BUGFIX: Core | Request limiting/Priorities no longer pinch off LAN peers if seperate LAN speeds are enabled [The 8472]
BUGFIX: Core | Increase time Azureus holds open listen socket on close to reduce dual-start window [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Allow ~ character in tracker addresses to support I2P [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Determine app name correctly on OSX so that restart works for renamed apps [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | Shells no longer use the low-res frog icon, the normal main window icon is now used instead [amc1]
BUGFIX: UI | Limiting comments in General View to 5k characters under WinXP to avoid crashes due to faulty comctl32.dll [The 8472]
BUGFIX: UI | Setting speed parameters manually now disables autospeed [The 8472]
BUGFIX: Plug | Encode spaces correctly in get-right web seed urls [Parg]

2007.12.21 | Azureus Vuze 3.0.4.2

FEATURE: UI | Added "Check Files Exist" menu option [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Perform low resource usage tracking of online torrents for swarm cross-population purposes [Parg]

CHANGE: Core | Added option to disable download speed focus [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Reduced memory usage for many-torrent instances [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | Multiple selected torrent export now works [amc1]

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed IP filters not working when ALLOW instead of DENY was used [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Improve rebuffering behaviour when real-time pieces are too slow for any peers to get in time [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Ensure minimum buffer requirements are factored into ETA calculation [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | Eliminated various memory leaks [The 8472]

2007.12.06 | Azureus Vuze 3.0.4.0

FEATURE: Core | Reconnect to peers after unexpected disconnect / recover stats of recently disconnected peers [Parg,The 8472]
FEATURE: Core | Global download speed limit can also limit the number of outgoing requests, this should improve TCP performance [The 8472]
-does not work with auto-speed since an explicit download speed-limit must be set
-downloads from as few peers as possible when the global limit is reached
-prioritizes downloads which are on the head of the queue
FEATURE: Core | IP binding now provides primitive round-robin load balancing for users with multiple internet connections; accepts interface names and IPv6 binding (if supported on the platform) [The 8472]
FEATURE: Core | Embed ChangeLog.txt in release jar [Nolar]
FEATURE: UI | Column menu option to automatically put contents of cell into the tooltip [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Piece distribution view is now also available as a peer subview [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Added 'time remaining' column to peers view [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added option to suppress file download dialog [knguyen]
FEATURE: UI | Various progress reports have been unified; main status bar can display progress for certain processes now [knguyen]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now change the color of rows [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can add configuration colour parameters [amc1]

CHANGE: Core | Attempt to re-open a file when access fails to try and recover from a transient error [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Auto speed default is now the new 'beta' (v2) algorithm [ranul]
CHANGE: Core | Revised piece picking code to deal better with some edge cases and snubbed peers [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Share Ratio/min Seeds ignore rule now applies even when no tracker scrape is available [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | Added private torrent indicator to the general tab [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | Logging Consoles now have regex-based filters [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | Tweaked table views to use a bit less memory and run better when items are being quickly removed/added [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: UI | Don't hang UI redraw if file access is slow [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | Fixed inconsistencies in the Torrent Open Dialog related to renaming and retargeting files and directories [The 8472]

2007.10.04 | Azureus 3.0.3.4

FEATURE: UI | Added "All Peers" view [amc1]

CHANGE: Core | Added workarounds for some buggy UPnP router implementations [parg]
CHANGE: UI | NAT status bar indicator and health icons now ignore UDP and LAN-local connections [The 8472]

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug where a torrent's save location is "forgotten" when a recheck is done in some circumstances [amc1]
BUGFIX: UI | times > 365 days (such as the uptime) are now displayed properly [The 8472]

2007.09.21 | Azureus 3.0.3.2

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed MacOSX playback bug [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed update restart bug [Parg]

2007.09.20 | Azureus 3.0.3.0

FEATURE: Core | Added experimental support for LibTorrent extension protocol handshake [amc1]
FEATURE: Core | Providing some experimental options for possible workarounds for a particular traffic shaping method
See http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Avoid_traffic_shaping#Level_5 for further details
FEATURE: UI | Added available disk space indicators to the torrent open dialog (requires Java 1.6) [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Added "handshake reserved bytes" column in peer view [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Added "Open Transfer Bar on start" and "Remember Transfer Bar" location options [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Added http-seed config to torrent creation wizard [Parg]
FEATURE: UIv3 | Embedded Media Player [TuxPaper]

CHANGE: Core | Speedup hash-checking by ~30% / less CPU usage [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | More improvements to client identification code [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | Provide both "per-torrent" and "across-torrents" speed menu options [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | Speed improvements for menu generation and changing file priority in "Files" view [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | Allow minibars to stick to any screen border in multi monitor setups [The 8472]
CHANGE: Plug | Plugins can now dynamically register language resource bundles [amc1]

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug when trying to add torrents with semi-colon characters in filename [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | LAN peer detection for explicit IP addresses was broken [Parg]

2007.08.29 | Azureus 3.0.2.2

CHANGE: UI | Improved usability of speed scale widget. [TuxPaper]
CHANGE: UI | Restored reposition functionality of torrent context menus [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: Core | *nix: Allowing multi-instance now works again [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: Core | IPv6 DHT v4 pollution fix [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | MacOSX: Fixed not remembering user turned off Maximized state [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UI | MacOSX: Fixed Drag and Drop for moving torrents in My Torrents view [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: UI | A few config pages had their labels missing [TuxPaper]

2007.08.16 | Azureus 3.0.2.0

FEATURE: Core | Act on suspend/resume events on Windows [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Added new AZ message to inform of bad pieces [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Added new stacked HAVE message to reduce peer-peer overhead [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | IPv6 support - dht, version server, tracker and improved transport [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | New "Torrent" menu in the menu bar [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | New "Piece Distribution" subview in the pieces tab [The 8472]
FEATURE: UI | Auto-speed ping views in Tools->Statistics->Transfers when Auto Speed is enabled [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | "Clear Resume Data" menu option added [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | "Clear remembered save paths" option added (for the Open Torrent dialog) [amc1]

CHANGE: Core | Optimise memory usage for single-file downloads [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Optimise memory usage for queued torrents (no need to keep resume data in memory) [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Much better peer ID identification code added, many more clients now correctly identified [amc1]
CHANGE: Core | Changes made to identify some "fake" clients (or other clients which identify themselves in a problematic way) [amc1]
CHANGE: Core | Biased optimistic disconnect slightly against leechy peers [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | Core changes in some places to allow "Default save path" to be used without requiring "Use default data dir" to be enabled [hasturkun]
CHANGE: Core | Reduce CPU usage when many (queued) torrents are present and in the the pieces view [The 8472]
CHANGE: Core | *nix: New startup script to detect Gecko/XULRunner and to allow better restarting [TuxPaper]
CHANGE: UI | UL/DL speed selection on right click of status bar changed from menu to scale widget. [TuxPaper]
Usage: (1) MouseDown+Drag+MouseUp (2) Click+Move+Click (3) Click+type number+Enter
CHANGE: UI | Open Torrent Window now asks to create directories if they don't exist yet, instead of evilly auto-creating them when you click the Browse button [The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | Added download status, distributed copies and completed piece count to the General torrent view [amc1, The 8472]
CHANGE: UI | User Comment field more useful in General torrent view - easy edit link, hyperlink formatting, auto-resizing [amc1]
CHANGE: UI | "Show Transfer Bar" menu option is now a checkbox menu item - so you can now hide the transfer bar using the menu item [amc1]
CHANGE: Plug | Added setVisible method for plugin menu items [amc1]

BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug where renaming a download for a single file torrent would sometimes cause data to get out of sync and cause file errors [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | Allow pipelined http seed requests to switch torrents [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Bootstrap DHT better when no contacts [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug where renaming a download in some conditions would generate "Target is sub-directory" errors [amc1]
BUGFIX: UI | Fixed swarm view rendering bug where some incomplete peers were shown as full circles [The 8472]
BUGFIX: Plug | Fixed bug where previously removed child menu items would still be present when generating some menus [amc1]

2007.06.20 | Azureus 3.0.1.6

FEATURE: Core | IP Filter Autoloading. Supports DAT (eMule), P2P (PeerGardian, splist), and P2B v1,2,3 (Peer Gardian 2) formats. [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UI | Option to display divider lines every 60 updates on the Statistics view [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added helper class to make listening to download events across all downloads easier [amc1]
FEATURE: Core | Azureus AutoSpeed v2 Beta [ranul]

BUGFIX: Core | Plugin installation/updates using Vista [parg,tuxpaper]

2007.05.24 | Azureus 3.0.1.4

FEATURE: Core | Byte-level download control for Downloads [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Speed tester wizard [ranul,Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Added "Transfers Bar" (similar to the "Download Bar") [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Correctly identifies FoxTorrent and Blizzard Downloader peers [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Determines version information for Bits On Wheels and Opera peers [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Vivaldi view can use mouse wheel too zoom now (requires clicking on the view first) [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UI | Date Completed column [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UI | (Beta) Various Auto Speed algorithms [ranul]
FEATURE: UI | Auto-open MyShares if any shares [Parg]

CHANGE: Core | Handle 503s better with webseeds [Jochen Seifarth,Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Disable HTTP authentication dialog for webseeds [Parg]
CHANGE: Core | Reduce DHT registration counts for queued torrents [Parg]
CHANGE: UI | Running Azureus while azureus is already running now brings Azureus to front [TuxPaper]
CHANGE: UI | OSX: Make minimize to status bar icon hide the main window instead of putting it in the doc [TuxPaper]

BUGFIX: Core | Updater now works on Vista with security challenged users [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixup "Get Right" webseed handling as per the spec [Jochen Seifarth]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug which sometimes prevented corrupted torrents being removed properly [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | Fix rare case where app dir on win32 could report wrong azureus dir on multi-az computers [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: Core | Prevent upnp dispatcher queue from growing too large [Parg]
BUGFIX: Core | Limit UPnP write-request exec threads [Parg]
BUGFIX: UI | Fixed force starting a torrent via the Open Torrent Window options. [TuxPaper]

2007.04.12 | Azureus 3.0.1.2

FEATURE: Core | Auto-speed: added control for forced-max network speed [Parg]

BUGFIX: Core | 100% CPU problem in network code under some conditions [Parg]

2007.04.05 | Azureus 3.0.1.0

FEATURE: Core | Option to clear stored tracker list used for creating torrents [amc1]
FEATURE: UI | Option to add full UPnP debug information to the log view [amc1]

BUGFIX: UI | Fixed issue where excessive file checks were being done when generating the torrent context menu [amc1]

2007.03.15 | Azureus 3.0.0.8

FEATURE: Core | Alerts can now be shown in individual message popup boxes [amc1]
FEATURE: Core | Alerts can now be suppressed and shown on demand [amc1]
FEATURE: Core | Per-peer upload/download speed limits [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Per-category upload/download speed limits [Parg]
FEATURE: Core | Per-torrent super-seeding via MyTorrents context menu [Parg]
FEATURE: UI | Option to auto-download and install updates [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UI | Overall piece map for Piece View [TuxPaper]
FEATURE: UI | New "Peer ID" columns in the Peers View [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now add their own status indicators on the status bar [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now add menu items to the system tray, download bars, menu bar [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Plugins can now remove menu items that are created (allows for dynamic menus) [amc1]
FEATURE: Plug | Added extra methods on DownloadManager making it easier to listen to download events [amc1]

CHANGE: Core | Include msvcr71.dll in Windows installation bundles, for compatibility with Java6 [Nolar]
CHANGE: Plug | Added full set of config parameter methods for completeness [amc1]

BUGFIX: Plug | UPnP plugin now correctly attempts to remove existing mappings if they are in the way of new mappings [amc1]
BUGFIX: Core | Fix Re-adding a torrent causing "1-" or "-1" directories or files [TuxPaper]
BUGFIX: Core | Fixed bug where files were sometimes moved into a subdirectory, where the directory name was only one character long [amc1]
BUGFIX: Plug | Fixed bug where some plugin menu items didn't appear under certain conditions [amc1]

twist off
09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah... Fail... I was at work, so I couldn't check...
Could've sworn there was an 8 in it somewhere tho...

pone44
09-09-2008, 10:45 PM
no news for 3.1?

lukee
09-10-2008, 06:14 AM
meh, I tried Azereus. ughhh. Ut 1.7.7 FTW.

pone44
09-28-2008, 05:05 AM
why is it banned at other private sites? Says there is a security bug? 2.5 and 3.5.2 is banned on most sites, is azureus/vuze allowed (any version) or banned on any other sites? Some sites are fine with it but others?

BTW- uttorent 1.7 is banned at most sites (i hear) also reporting a major bug such as vuze 3.1? What is going on ?

pone44
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?messageID=173397-Bug reported here Azureus 3.1.1

???

banned on alot of sites now!

Really never liked uttorent, as i said in the other post uttorent 1.77 has a major security problem as well as azureus.

Polarbear
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
banned on alot of sites now!

where?

VoidNT
09-28-2008, 09:25 PM
why is it banned at btme and other private sites? Says there is a security bug? 2.5 and 3.5.2 is banned on most sites, is azureus/vuze allowed (any version) or banned on any other sites? Some sites are fine with it but others?

3.1.x.x is not banned on bitme, they don't recommend to use it because of the bug, but it isn't a security bug. I'm using it on each tracker I have access to, including bitme, without problems, and I have never experienced said bug because I almost never use the functionality in question.

http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?messageID=173397

pone44
09-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you. What is the functionality in question?

Polarbear
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM

your question has already been answered multiple times in this thread. the newest version is allowed everywhere and has no security issues. why do you ask the same questions again?

you claim that it's banned on a lot of sites. please tell us where or don't make false statments.

pone44
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I am sorry for the confusion-Polarbear.I read the announcement on bme. Saw posts about it in forums. Seemed sketchy to me(thought it was being looked at and maybe banned as 3.5.2 was). I Was not making a false statement, just misread!
Again thank you for helping me out. :)
i wish i could PM members.? Would not have to post these ?'s

your question has already been answered multiple times in this thread. the newest version is allowed everywhere and has no security issues. why do you ask the same questions again?

you claim that it's banned on a lot of sites. please tell us where or don't make false statments.

Polarbear
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I am sorry for the confusion-Polarbear.I read the announcement on bme. Saw posts about it in forums. Seemed sketchy to me(thought it was being looked at and maybe banned as 3.5.2 was). I Was not making a false statement, just misread!
Again thank you for helping me out. :)

no problem ;)