PDA

View Full Version : What's the quality like for invite trading on this site?

Yellowknight
09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I will trade my invite once my 30-day period is done, but before that, how are the ppl around here, in terms of the number of successful or scammed trades? I am new, just got my new invites, and don't really know how to do a trade which will protect and be fair to both parties?

Also, there is another requirement saying I need to have 2 helpful postings etc, what the heck is that meant?

tralalala
09-09-2008, 08:55 AM
2 helpful postings is exactly what it says it is.. 2 posts which aren't just a smiley or a 1 word reply (like "thxxxx" or "good job man", but rather more constructive than that).

About trading invites - A simple and friendly suggestion - Always use a middleman for trades. That way your chances of being scammed are skimmed down to next to 0, and if you are, the scammer is detected immediately and banned on the spot.

Night0wl
09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
About trading invites - A simple and friendly suggestion - Don't!

Fixed :)

Yellowknight
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Plz elaborate, is it against the forum rule to trade or b/c there are too many scams floating around?

Skiz
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Plz elaborate, is it against the forum rule to trade or b/c there are too many scams floating around?

Trading invites is allowed. You'll find that there are 2 sections here: The Giveaways section, which is more for those who feel that trading invites is wrong. There is also the Bittorrent Trades section which is where traders can exchange invites.

As for scams, there are very few scams here. If you're worried about it, use a middleman provided by FST.

JPaul
09-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Some people, me included, think it is wrong to trade invites. Many trackers have rules against it and if they find out you do it they will ban your account and anyone you traded with.

Some people, me included, feel that if a tracker is private then you should treat it as such and only invite people you have gotten to know and trust. To do otherwise is to show disrespect for the tracker whose invite you traded and more importantly it's members.

Some people, me included, feel that FST (formerly KLF) became a much worse place when it became a haven for invite traders. This has turned a lot of other sites against FST and more importantly it's members, which is a shame.

MrBuddyX
09-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I am definitely ANTI TRADE!! Buyt to join some of these high level trackers people want something in return for the invite. So it really comes down to whether or not you are going to play the game.. I choose not to.. I only use use trackers that I am going to use, i only wask for those invits.. if i dont use the site.. i give the invite back or just decline it..

JPaul
09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
What's on these "High Level" trackers that isn't on other trackers, or on things like Usenet.

Seriously, is there other content I don't know about.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2008, 03:10 PM
What's on these "High Level" trackers that isn't on other trackers, or on things like Usenet.

Bigger egos.:whistling

JPaul
09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Is it just wee laddies collecting BT accounts or is there more to it than that.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Wee lassies too .Don't be sexist.

Seriously, at the pinnacle I hear that they basically exist to allow members to fulfill each others requests.
Sounds like a little too much effort spent on the wrong thing to me.But to each his own.

JPaul
09-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Fulfil each others requests, you're having a laugh. What's so special about that.

kippertoad
09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Just use rapidshare,and ed2k, All problems solved :)

Something Else
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Is it just wee laddies collecting BT accounts or is there more to it than that.

Yes. If anything, there is less to it.

daemOn
10-13-2008, 01:26 AM
I just registered to the board.. i might be new user around here,but i have previous experience in other similar forums.

IdolEyes787
10-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I read that i have to wait 30 days till i can post a reply on the giveaway or trading invite topics.I'm quite an experienced user..and can't wait all that 30days ... "to get familiar with the site" ...

OK fine see you.

I am interested in taking some invites for some serious private trackers.
I am not a trader and when i get an invite to the trackers ,i am already in,i just give it away to friends or nice and kind people I meet in the forums.I can mention some private trackers that I'm in to gain your respect and interest... Scc , FSC , FTN , TL ... and others that I can't mention right now..
I am very interested in a ScT and Torrentdamage invite for the beggining!
Thanx for your time reading my looong message! ;D
I hope I find some help...

And after your lame attempt at circumventing a basic rule I don't respect you either infraction boy.

daemOn
10-13-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm really sorry if i brake some rule..which rule is that?really explain me and i'm willing to understand and fully obey your rules!
I didnt mean to offence,really!
what u mean "OK fine see you" ?
sorry again - no offence!

Skiz
10-13-2008, 01:56 AM
You could refresh yourself on the rules you agreed to upon signing up. #12 springs to mind - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/

Or kindly view the sticky thread in this very section - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-everything-related-board-9/t-requirements-access-bt-invites-section-166005/?

Or even the one in the Bittorrent section - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-bittorrent-invites-section-or-you-banned-146184/?