PDA

View Full Version : TL question

whoswho
09-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey peeps....

I lurked around here for quite some time basically trying to compare trackers and find what would best suit me, mind you I kept a good eye out on the open signup thread.
However I did not just jump in and signup on every tracker possible I choose a couple that I thought would best suit me and went from there.
I was lucky enough to get into TD and it is an awesome site that has everything I need, well almost everything.
It would be perfect for me if they had more DVD releases and they were easier to seed on.

So considering TD has everything I pretty much need I am guessing TL would be like heaven for me?
Well that is my conclusion anyway and it would be nice to just concentrate on the one tracker.

So my question is what are my chances of actually getting an invite and is TL worth chasing around for.

Thanks.

Funkin'
09-10-2008, 12:27 AM
It's quite easy to find an invite to, and yes, it's worth chasing after. You should also check out Revtt and IPT. All three trackers are very comparable.

Invalid
09-10-2008, 12:30 AM
If you want speed and pre times then get TL.

whoswho
09-10-2008, 12:33 AM
If you want speed and pre times then get TL.

Pre times are not a big deal for me as long as i can get the releases i want i am happy.
Seeding back is my main concern which one is the easiest?

slymester
09-10-2008, 12:33 AM
It would be perfect for me if they had more DVD releases and they were easier to seed on.
That's where TL pulls away from TD

ngraham07
09-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah TL is crazy easy to seed on. Even on very old torrents, you're talking 2-3 days max for a 1:1 ratio :)

binocular
09-10-2008, 01:00 AM
TTi would be ur another choice, since u can get the FREELEECH torrent on DVD release everyday.

slymester
09-10-2008, 01:02 AM
So my question is what are my chances of actually getting an invite
Well after waiting a month to get member status and access to the request section, I made my TL request and within a day or two a good person responded.
So it is not that difficult to get in.

SgtMajor
09-10-2008, 01:36 AM
So my question is what are my chances of actually getting an invite and is TL worth chasing around for.

Thanks.

Your chances are excellent and more than likely 100% providing you post and get involved which allows us to get to know you a little better, and you stay away from the trading forum, but those are your choices to make and are only my recommendations, not facts.

And it is totally 100% worth chasing for.

colbert
09-10-2008, 02:58 AM
remember that all the pay2leech people make great seeding possible on TL :happy:

kelfa
09-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Ya man its definitely worth getting. They have tons of movies and movie/tv packs. Great site, great speeds.

lukee
09-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Ya its a really good tracker for the average torrenter who knows what a ratio is blah blah blah. I managed to seed back 30GB from a 7GB X360 game that was 2 weeks old when I downloaded it :)

I have a few invites but I never had them out on FST. To many retards here. Only to friends and tracker members I can trust.

whoswho
09-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Ya its a really good tracker for the average torrenter who knows what a ratio is blah blah blah. I managed to seed back 30GB from a 7GB X360 game that was 2 weeks old when I downloaded it :)

That is pretty cool considering it was 2 weeks old when you grabbed it and exactly what i need from a tracker, having the freedom to grab some oldies and not worry to much about your ratio.

dickytricky
09-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I got in when Demonoid went down.Now i rarely use anything else

becomehokage
09-10-2008, 07:04 AM
TL is a public tracker... i wouldnt give a shit about it

whoswho
09-10-2008, 07:19 AM

Care to explain a little i dont really understand?
What trackers do you give a shit about? the ones that "dont exist"

SgtMajor
09-10-2008, 07:35 AM

Care to explain a little i dont really understand?
What trackers do you give a shit about? the ones that "dont exist"

Some comments are best ignored, this was one of them. :whistling

helpme
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
TL as i said all the time
The best

TrAnCeTaSTiC
09-10-2008, 11:39 PM
TL is definitely worth getting into, RevTT is comparable also. I find my speeds are just about the same on both and the content is similar. Good luck! :)

whoswho
09-11-2008, 07:18 AM
So for the people that have used both trackers recently which 1 do they find easier to seed on with a normal home connection?

RevTT or TL

SgtMajor
09-11-2008, 07:25 AM
Both are easy for the new items, TL is easier for the older items, but Revtt has a great request section.

imo - TL to start with, Revtt when you can. After a few months, decide for yourself which one is worth your time & effort.

t0mmy
09-11-2008, 07:30 AM
ROFL at becomehokage.

TL for sure buddy.

Funkin'
09-11-2008, 07:54 AM
So for the people that have used both trackers recently which 1 do they find easier to seed on with a normal home connection?

RevTT or TL

I strongly recommend you check out IPT too. I prefer it to the other two sites.

whoswho
09-11-2008, 08:13 AM

RevTT or TL

I strongly recommend you check out IPT too. I prefer it to the other two sites.

From your experience what stands out at IPT that you like more than the other 2 trackers?

jars
09-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Everything in this thread that SgtMajor has said is spot bang on. Even Aussies with their crappy internet connections can survive on TL. Awesome site for those shafted by crappy isps, but in the same breathe very fast tracker due to a very large userbase. Get onto that one, mate.

eatchocolate
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
remember that all the pay2leech people make great seeding possible on TL :happy:

As in paying VIP membership so they don't have to seed back?!
Yes, I am one of them! Sorry but my connection (and the people I live with) don't give me much of a choice tbh...

The only private tracker I use is TL. Well I do have Bit HDTV and a few other minor ones but TL is the one I spend 90% of my time on.

A bit annoyed that HDTransmission shut down. Was a good site and was about to get VIP aswell once the 0 x download / 8 x Upload was over...

Anyway, TL is enough for me. Great speed and great variety. All I want now is HDBits.org.
For HD content, TL, Bit-HDTV etc are just not as good as the other one "sounds" :D

P.O.

09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
TL is the best , use it now for 135 week

Overlord
09-11-2008, 03:55 PM

As in paying VIP membership so they don't have to seed back?!
Yes, I am one of them! Sorry but my connection (and the people I live with) don't give me much of a choice tbh...
Call it whatever you want, but there's no need to apologize. Like eatchocolate said, it's what make for a nice experience for the non-payers. Comparing 2 sites with almost the exact same # of users, TD & RevTT, TD might post more torrents (though mostly music), RevTT is so much nicer to be on because it has P2L & TD doesn't. TD & SCC are the last 2 sites I check regularly precisely because seeding is so unpleasant at these 2 sites.

ShadowsServant
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
TD doesn't have nearly as much content that SCC has. True it is hard to seed on but there are ways around it. The new archive section is freeleech, it includes a lot of packs, tv and movies. It helps out a hell of a lot in your overall ratio as long as you keep seeding what you've grabbed from that section your fine. The mp3 section is the same way. They are there for a reason, use them wisely.

TL is by far the easiest site to seed on, your eyes blindfolded but there always a way to seed on other sites you just have to figure out a strategy. Nothing is impossible.

Funkin'
09-11-2008, 09:28 PM
From your experience what stands out at IPT that you like more than the other 2 trackers?

Well, like I mentioned, it's very comparable to the other two content wise. So I'm sure you're going to be quite content with either three.

But I personally prefer IPT for a few things. It has faster pre's on just about everything than the other two(some care about this and some don't). The site has great packs(so do the other two, but alot are freeleech at IPT, as are alot of regular torrents). I prefer the community over the two(some don't care about this either, and usually I'm one of them since most communities of most trackers suck, or are overrated because of hype generated for certain sites, especially so-called "community trackers", but I post in IPT's forums everyday because there are a ton of great the topics and I like most of the regular members).

And the staff are some of the nicest I've came across yet from any tracker. I haven't met one staff member there yet that I didn't like, and all are very helpful(especially Rok3r and emma). And they have one of the best bonus systems I've seen in any site(which RevTT or TL doesn't have). So even if you do somehow manage to not make a good ratio(which should be extremely easy) off of what you've downloaded, then you can just trade your points in to break even, or buffer your account. But they're strict on hit'n'runs, so those points don't give you a free pass. They're only meant to help.

I really don't see why TL and RevTT gets so much popularity, but IPT barely gets any. But that's just how it is though.

Once you're able to pm, then send me one and I might throw you an invite. If you're interested in the site.

lukee
09-12-2008, 02:37 AM

Their the worst. I hate them. I know people who max their upload out at 25KB/s and have excellent ratios. I fucking hate those fucks who have 18TB downloaded and like 200GB give or take of upload credit.

whoswho
09-12-2008, 07:56 AM

Well, like I mentioned, it's very comparable to the other two content wise. So I'm sure you're going to be quite content with either three.

But I personally prefer IPT for a few things. It has faster pre's on just about everything than the other two(some care about this and some don't). The site has great packs(so do the other two, but alot are freeleech at IPT, as are alot of regular torrents). I prefer the community over the two(some don't care about this either, and usually I'm one of them since most communities of most trackers suck, or are overrated because of hype generated for certain sites, especially so-called "community trackers", but I post in IPT's forums everyday because there are a ton of great the topics and I like most of the regular members).

And the staff are some of the nicest I've came across yet from any tracker. I haven't met one staff member there yet that I didn't like, and all are very helpful(especially Rok3r and emma). And they have one of the best bonus systems I've seen in any site(which RevTT or TL doesn't have). So even if you do somehow manage to not make a good ratio(which should be extremely easy) off of what you've downloaded, then you can just trade your points in to break even, or buffer your account. But they're strict on hit'n'runs, so those points don't give you a free pass. They're only meant to help.

I really don't see why TL and RevTT gets so much popularity, but IPT barely gets any. But that's just how it is though.

Once you're able to pm, then send me one and I might throw you an invite. If you're interested in the site.

Thanks for the info Funkin and i will definitely keep that in mind once i can pm.