PDA

View Full Version : Req: Gft

hollowed_one
09-11-2008, 08:00 PM
hey yall im looking for a gft invite if any 1 wants to be so kind.....i can supply any proof you need.....i would appreciate it thank you :)

fantamedo
09-11-2008, 09:43 PM
man...if you want one go to their irc and just ask...and they will tell you how to get it...it's easy

respawn40
09-11-2008, 10:12 PM
man...if you want one go to their irc and just ask...and they will tell you how to get it...it's easy

They happened to deny me when I applied, a two months or so ago. I think it may have been because I wouldn't give them my IP address, so maybe they thought I was with some anti-P2P organization or something LOL.

But anyways, I decided that I didn't want to be a member of GFT, after I heard what a ghost town it was :P

CPC464
09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
oops double post, check below

CPC464
09-12-2008, 12:08 AM
heres how to obtain an invite to GFT.

1. Click the following link
to join their invite request IRC channel. (You won't need to have an IRC client installed - browser compatible widget will automatically be loaded)

http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.station51.net&channel=%23gft-invites&noServerNotices=true&noServerMotd=true[/URL]

2. Type a nickname in the box provided before you click the join chatroom button. You will need to remember this nick since it will be required in the questionnaire.
3. Once the chat room loads, type !invite
4. You will get a reply from CMiUC with a link to your questionnaire. Don't reply to it since it's a bot and that will be really embarrassing.
5. Reply to all questions to the best of your knowledge (make sure you follow the specified format when answering) and copy all Q&A to a new mail and send it to the specified address.
6. If the admins like you you should get reply soon.

lavakille
09-12-2008, 12:36 AM
People don't have invites. Just go to their IRC.

apextwin146
09-12-2008, 04:35 AM

They happened to deny me when I applied, a two months or so ago. I think it may have been because I wouldn't give them my IP address, so maybe they thought I was with some anti-P2P organization or something LOL.

But anyways, I decided that I didn't want to be a member of GFT, after I heard what a ghost town it was :P
Yeah not many leechers there but the seeders are top class and you get excellent pre times and speeds.. I have replaced SCc with this now :)

Funkin'
09-12-2008, 06:32 AM

Yeah not many leechers there but the seeders are top class and you get excellent pre times and speeds.. I have replaced SCc with this now :)

Hmmm...site sounds pretty descent. Especially if it replaced SCC for you. I just don't like sending my IP to someone I don't know. I think that should not be required.

apextwin146
09-12-2008, 06:40 AM

Hmmm...site sounds pretty descent. Especially if it replaced SCC for you. I just don't like sending my IP to someone I don't know. I think that should not be required.
trust me the only difference between SCC and thegft is that SCC has more leechers/members .. I have been comparing the releases pred on both the sites and they are exactly the same and sometimes gft releases it earlier .. gft has also a nice xxx/oday etc section from which u can upload to other sites if required .. On my box i get speeds like 5mbps even if there are 1 or 2 seeders
I sgned up when it was open ..
abt the Ip i think if u present ur case and inhibitions they mite agree ..

hollowed_one
09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
oh ok thanks guys :)

respawn40
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
I just don't like sending my IP to someone I don't know. I think that should not be required.

Yeah, and they would have it anyways once you signed up.

Funkin'
09-13-2008, 05:38 AM
^ Yeah, so I don't see why they ask for it. They already ask for profile links, so they can check on you that way.

Thanks for the info apex. If there was a community rep here I would talk to him about the IP. But I'm thinking if I say something about it in the app, then that would just hurt my chances. Oh well...

FLEA
09-13-2008, 11:37 AM
GFT FTW! :D Good luck to get one mate;)