PDA

View Full Version : hdbits ban users without reason

makkienator
09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
I've been hdbits user for few years, used ovh seedbox to seed hd movies there, never changed email or password, never used another account there, never cheated.

Yesterday, I couldnt logged in my account, script says my account is disabled.

I went to their irc channel to ask what is problem and met moderators that are rude, unpleasant and are no willing to help. They are just same as oink staff was.

Nanosoft is probably some 16 year old kid who cures his own frustrations on their support irc channel. He told that I am banned cause I used 'multiple accounts', with comment 'nice try though', then he imediatelly kicked me from channel. I came back and I claimed I did not use another accounts, he told me that 'admins made mistake, not him, and that he wont change admin's decision'. He kicked me from channel again.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj21/sw3cpo/nanosoft.jpg

Sportcenter is just same as previous persona. I find out from him that nwo banned me, and offcourse he banned my ip's few times on irc.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj21/sw3cpo/sportcenter.jpg

nwo admin on hdbits was there the day he disabled my account, but wasnt on channel to respond 30min. later, even his id was on channel, but he didnt respond public or private.

They didnt let me wait on channel for an admin to come, I saw they are doing same to other users who ask for admins.

I saw many people complaining to be disabled these days, so beware, hdbits staff obviosly decided to cut off number of users, or to leave just one who donate/giving them money.

U can be in next group of disabled users next day, so I just want to inform everyone to know with what kind of people they deal with on hdbits tracker.

I invite other honest users who share my case to make it public in this topic.

Cheers. Long live good trackers with good staff.

P.S. Oink staff was the worst on planet, and look what happened to that tracker. Doing bad to others has two sides, hdbits staff should think about it. 'Give someone a little power to see who he really is.'

mafija
09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
not another one :nono:

dunson
09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
In terms of who I and everyone else here will trust and believe:

sportcenter>>> you

Kuttichan
09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
bad luck man. sorry to hear this.

apextwin146
09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
So if they just ban u for doing nothing then wat do you recommend us to do?What should we do to protect our accnts ? You can now help us by telling us what you did so that we can keep our accnts safe ..
Thanks

direstraits
09-17-2008, 06:51 PM
typical

RedRansom
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
nwo and nano OK! they are really s**t but sportcenter is really good man at least he is listening ppl problems and about your problem...
Nano is saying one of staff member banned you and i cant change (probably he is nwo ...)
i guess only nwo can enable you cuz only who disable you he/she will enable you this is a kind of ethic behavior between staff members...

makkienator
09-17-2008, 06:53 PM
So if they just ban u for doing nothing then wat do you recommend us to do?What should we do to protect our accnts ? You can now help us by telling us what you did so that we can keep our accnts safe ..
Thanks
The point is I didnt do anything wrong, anything against rules, so I dont know what to advice u...hdbits staff banned me without reason, I had good ratio, seed on seedbox, upload subtitles, never complain or argue on their forums...

Just be happy while it last, I guess :whistling

Nemrod
09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, being myself disabled on past Saturday I must disagree with you.
I went to their support IRC channel on Sunday and I talked with sportcenter, a very nice guy and who after explained me the reason, hear my answer and re-enabled my account.
I must say that I can understand my temporary ban, so, in my case, absolutely nothing to complain, the opposite: I´m very, very grateful.

apextwin146
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM
i think this has something to do with seedboxes . a lot ppl with seedbox are getting disabled ..

makkienator
09-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, being myself disabled on past Saturday I must disagree with you.
I went to their support IRC channel on Sunday and I talked with sportcenter, a very nice guy and who after explained me the reason, hear my answer and re-enabled my account.
I must say that I can understand my temporary ban, so, in my case, absolutely nothing to complain, the opposite: I´m very, very grateful.Well I guess u were lucky to talk with him first, Nanosoft was mod I talked to first, after that sportcenter just kicking me from channel, didnt want to listen anything.

C.H.A.O.S
09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Alot of trackers ban alot of users especially those don't donate or not supported by paypal for no reason.

mafija
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks

i think you should asc this guy what to do.;)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-hdbitsorg-new-rule-good-users-not-allowed-311426/?

Raban
09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
i don't see how it matters who you spoke to either nanosoft or sportguy ... if "nwo" banned you what does it matter ?? at that point you are SCREWED regardless of who you get in the IRC

on the ladder of "power" all those guys are below nwo ... you think they are gonna change his decision ?? get real ...

as far as seedboxing goes i seedbox hdbits hundreds upon hundreds of gigs i don't cheat and i only have 1 account ... never any problems with getting disabled.

makkienator
09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
i don't see how it matters who you spoke to either nanosoft or sportguy ... if "nwo" banned you what does it matter ?? at that point you are SCREWED regardless of who you get in the IRC

on the ladder of "power" all those guys are below nwo ... you think they are gonna change his decision ?? get real ...

as far as seedboxing goes i seedbox hdbits hundreds upon hundreds of gigs i don't cheat and i only have 1 account ... never any problems with getting disabled.nanosoft and sportguy... all they do is kicking and ban me from channel, didnt let me to wait for nwo on channel, or at least to tell me what to do, whom to ask, they were rude, unpleasant.

I never had problems too, until yesterday, so good luck to u in future.

kondrae
09-18-2008, 03:58 AM
i recommend people properly set up there bittorrent client correctly to not connect to other peers outside of the swarm. like turning off NHT\decentralized tracking. Even if the torrent has a private flag, it still sometimes connects to other peers.

lots of people get banned for this

Raban
09-18-2008, 04:34 AM
like turning off NHT\decentralized tracking

i think you mean DHT but yes you are correct peer exchange, DHT, all of these are no good for private trackers...

kukushka
09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
another story.. the guy i know at the other tracker, good uploader etc.. 100% no cheater of course. got disabled during his first week there while building his ratio - manually starting-stopping torrents (because of a limit of 3 active torrents) and rehashing some content taken' from other sources. at the irc he was told that he cheated. end of story.

apextwin146
09-18-2008, 07:19 AM
I somehow cant come to any conclusion abt the staff at any tracker .. I alwasys feel that some bits and pieces of the story are left out(intentionally or otherwise) ..
Then there could always be communication problems or "its just a bad day" type of crap ..

tutipute
09-18-2008, 11:18 AM
I somehow cant come to any conclusion abt the staff at any tracker .. I alwasys feel that some bits and pieces of the story are left out(intentionally or otherwise) ..
Then there could always be communication problems or "its just a bad day" type of crap ..

I do agree with you about the missing bits and pieces. However, there is a big difference between good, caring staff that care about their community and users and not just their prestige and bad, uncaring, egocentric staff that do not even care about going outside their fantasy paradise and relax their users while sharing their viewpoints on the matter.

I don't claim that they need to be available 24hrs in all the places out there, but FST is one of the biggest file sharing forums so they can at least have a community rep. that will reply to posts like this one.
It doesn't take complicated math to see the difference between staff like Stoi and Brandon and pimpled teenagers who get the revenge to their real life society neglection from abusing users in their irc channel.

Yes, HDB might have the best HD content out there, I just personally hope that people will help places like BHD and SCHD become better and overrule the common desire of users to join this "homely" tracker.

EDIT: I just noticed the perfect example after i just finished: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-do-you-think-blackcats-games-240835/?

F.B.I
09-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Just a new BitMeTV.

webber
09-18-2008, 11:55 AM
whats the irc to contact them , if your hdbits.org acc is disabled?

#hdbits is no entry /

dr jones
09-18-2008, 12:00 PM

#hdbits is no entry /

did you try this one,or is this one the one you said ?

HDBits.org

irc.p2p-network.net/HDbits (irc://irc.p2p-network.net/HDbits)

if this is the one,sorry i cant help you as i dont have hdbit :(

nipple
09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
here it is irc://irc.p2p-network.net/hdbits.support but dont try they will ban u without telling u the reason

makkienator
09-18-2008, 12:27 PM

#hdbits is no entry /channel is 'hdbits.support' u need to wait for them (mods) to voice u, then u say your problem, they check in few seconds and ban u, no talk, no listen, really express kick u from channel. So enjoy your staying there :D :yup:

nipple
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
yes thats right u will stay for more than 4 hours and then nwo : what is the problem ? USERNAME ? USER : my account was disbaled ****** nwo : wait i will check USER : ok nwo : !kb .. and they will not tell u at least why!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D AS FBI said new bitmetv :S:S:S:S

makkienator
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM

I do agree with you about the missing bits and pieces. However, there is a big difference between good, caring staff that care about their community and users and not just their prestige and bad, uncaring, egocentric staff that do not even care about going outside their fantasy paradise and relax their users while sharing their viewpoints on the matter.

I don't claim that they need to be available 24hrs in all the places out there, but FST is one of the biggest file sharing forums so they can at least have a community rep. that will reply to posts like this one.
It doesn't take complicated math to see the difference between staff like Stoi and Brandon and pimpled teenagers who get the revenge to their real life society neglection from abusing users in their irc channel.Exactly, Brandon is great guy for such high rated tracker, and what is more important one of the best tracker. When I first bought seedbox, I had problems on tl, they disabled me thinking I'm cheating, I let them check my seedbox, and they enable my account, their support irc channel is place where u can stay and discuss problem with staff, I find them very open to users. I must say big thanks to NedKelly from tl, great great guy. Also sct and TT has great staff too.

I am not member of bc, but Stoi seems like great person from his posts on this forum.

The problem is there are lot of kids in staff on trackers. Offcourse the biggest problem are cheaters on trackers, but there is a time when staff made mistake and need to correct it, not to blindly follow first decision, even when user can prove them wrong.

What is the point of support or help channel when staff see user is disabled, which user knows already, and then imediatelly kick/ban user from channel. They miss whole point of their existement on channel. I tried to three different mods on hdbits and they are all acting same like clones of eachother, and I'm not alone in my experience which is sad.

users
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
yes thats right u will stay for more than 4 hours and then nwo : what is the problem ? USERNAME ? USER : my account was disbaled ****** nwo : wait i will check USER : ok nwo : !kb .. and they will not tell u at least why!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D AS FBI said new bitmetv :S:S:S:S

is that true?, so there's no point in going to irc with disabled acc?, they won't help?.

nipple
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
ask any1 dude who entered the irc they will not make anything at least know why u r disabled !!!!!!!! they will not help

users
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
ask any1 dude who entered the irc they will not make anything at least know why u r disabled !!!!!!!! they will not help

wtf?.then whats the point??.

or do you mean just some staff in irc don't help?.

dunson
09-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm sure they check to see what the reason logged was and if it is something that was clearly a conscious decision or indicates that you're really a bad user (especially if a major admin/sysop made the ban decision) then they don't see the need to explain or give you a chance to make an excuse. And they don't have to. There is nothing wrong with that. Sure, maybe on occasion an innocent person gets caught mistakenly, but I'm sure that is rare and the admins are not nubs who mess up things like that. Besides, it is just a torrent site.

I just thought of two reasons why people on HDB may be facing bans, 1) they have the inactivity rule where if on average you are not using 1GB up/down a week, then you aren't using your account enough or 2) uploading internal releases to BitHDTV or somewhere else, which they seem to have a big problem with.

makkienator
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
@dunson

They told me I am banned cause of multiple accounts, I know I have one and only account there, how any from staff can come to that conclusion?? What they can see so clearly by checking when its not true. Even nanosoft replied its admin's mistake, not his, and he wont change admin's decision, so EVEN THEIR STAFF AINT SURE, cause they cant be sure at all cause its wrong decision totaly.

I was active, seeding 4 hd movies at the time I'm disabled.

t0mmy
09-18-2008, 01:47 PM
some people just dont like acknowledging if they make mistakes or not

nipple
09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

wtf?.then whats the point??.

or do you mean just some staff in irc don't help?.

dont know why that!!!!!!!1

makkienator
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM

is that true?, so there's no point in going to irc with disabled acc?, they won't help?.I would say to u, always try, u dont have nothing to lose, more then account u already lost at that time :) Maybe u catch them in better mood, or they change their attitude after topics like this, which I really doubt. As I see, they simply dont care, the most important to them is they are moderators on hdbits, whatever that title means they dont care.

dunson
09-18-2008, 01:53 PM
@dunson

They told me I am banned cause of multiple accounts, I know I have one and only account there, how any from staff can come to that conclusion?? What they can see so clearly by checking when its not true. Even nanosoft replied its admin's mistake, not his, and he wont change admin's decision, so EVEN THEIR STAFF AINT SURE, cause they cant be sure at all cause its wrong decision totaly.

Yes I know why you were banned, I was just thinking of reasons people may be banned recently.

The quote you gave doesn't indicate that they admitted a mistake, iirc, but whatever the case is, it is important for staff not to question each other on simple things like this.

makkienator
09-18-2008, 02:11 PM
@dunson

Yes I know why you were banned, I was just thinking of reasons people may be banned recently.

The quote you gave doesn't indicate that they admitted a mistake, iirc, but whatever the case is, it is important for staff not to question each other on simple things like this.Its not simple thing at all, imagine u on my place to be banned for reason u know isnt true and things u know u didnt do, old account, good ratio, active seed, and when u try to get support, mods acting to u like a piece of garbage. I would like them to feel that.

Trackers depend on users, u can have best uploaders on planet, but without peer/leechers, your tracker is nothing. So its not simple thing when u disable accounts.

DouglasQuaid
09-18-2008, 02:13 PM
are these bans a sign of them opening sign ups? or should I be looking for an invite?

dunson
09-18-2008, 02:25 PM

The quote you gave doesn't indicate that they admitted a mistake, iirc, but whatever the case is, it is important for staff not to question each other on simple things like this.Its not simple thing at all, imagine u on my place to be banned for reason u know isnt true and things u know u didnt do, old account, good ratio, active seed, and when u try to get support, mods acting to u like a piece of garbage. I would like them to feel that.

Trackers depend on users, u can have best uploaders on planet, but without peer/leechers, your tracker is nothing. So its not simple thing when u disable accounts.

If you're actually innocent, then that sucks. But according to one of your posts, HD movies is pretty far down on your list of things you download. So it isn't such a big loss.

But HDBits has more than enough great users that they aren't going anywhere. So it is simple to ban one user who an admin finds has multiple accounts. I find it suspicious that you started an account here 4 days ago and then have this problem, most of your posts are in this thread and honestly, it seems like all the people coming to complain about HDBits bans have are never the good, trusted users that are recognizable to many.

So the argument that you and a handful of others being banned and staff not responding to your complaints in IRC will lead to the demise of HDBits has no weight. We'll be fine without you, really.

makkienator
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Its not simple thing at all, imagine u on my place to be banned for reason u know isnt true and things u know u didnt do, old account, good ratio, active seed, and when u try to get support, mods acting to u like a piece of garbage. I would like them to feel that.

If you're actually innocent, then that sucks. But according to one of your posts, HD movies is pretty far down on your list of things you download. So it isn't such a big loss.

But HDBits has more than enough great users that they aren't going anywhere. So it is simple to ban one user who an admin finds has multiple accounts. I find it suspicious that you started an account here 4 days ago and then have this problem, most of your posts are in this thread and honestly, it seems like all the people coming to complain about HDBits bans have are never the good, trusted users that are recognizable to many.

So the argument that you and a handful of others being banned and staff not responding to your complaints in IRC will lead to the demise of HDBits has no weight. We'll be fine without you, really.I guess u just dont look further enough, I have here other account, but I dont want to use same id as on other trackers, including hdbits, and being banned on another tracker where some moderator from hdbits is also part of staff. I am just avoiding possible further consequences that I could have from these personalities.

And if I start sharing here invites, I will fastly have reputation here, and that would be proof how good user I am?? Yea, sure. Also I dont like to have posts like 'bump' and similar, and then have more posts to look I'm active here.

Hdbits staff already lost reputation, before me and my topic.

P.S. And hdbits admin found sheet on me, same sheet he smoke the day he disabled me cause of multiple accounts ;)

And I would just add that my first account here is from 2006., unlike yours which is from 2008. But does it matter at all for this discussion? I am posting with another id to avoid possible punishment from hdbits staff, thats all.

nipple
09-18-2008, 03:19 PM
dude
my account was up: 800GB dl: 170
i am a perfect seeder and also they banned me?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
without any thing
dont have multi account ,, use from seedbox only ,, active ,, never cheat ,, never trade any1 cheater or anything ,,,,,,

can any1 tell me why i am banned :D

bugs.bunny
09-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I am not a member but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't they have a rule about overseeding?

TidusBlade
09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Nothing about overseeding, this guy has 100TB seeded, and he's still there...

But there is this:

# You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled.

So maybe if you don't download much for a few months you get banned?

Anyways, you might wanna visit #hdbits.support on P2P-Network, it could be another reason.

RedRansom
09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I am not a member but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't they have a rule about overseeding?
look at ^Lord account at everywhere what is overseeding ... overseeding is 1 tb :huh: this ppl only had 1 tb or above ...
and about hdbits i hope some1 will do something for this tracker cuz ppl was really angry when ppl disabled...
and tracker owner far away from the tracker if some1 wanna donate will wait for weeks for reply pm from he ...
but i really congratz to sportcenter he is really a good man ... Not like others;)

Raban
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
and rehashing some content taken' from other sources.

on a site like HDbits that is a HORRIBLE idea... ya you can do that kinda thing at lower level trackers.. no one will probably even notice..

but imagine the hdbits staff looking at those stats... since the guys client won't report him downloading ANYTHING for that torrent from hdbits and only reports him uploading...

9/10 times that is someone cheating ....

with a top tier site like HDbits don't do anything fancy or special... download 100% of the torrent directly from HDbits and seed back all you can. CONFUSION + elite trackers don't mix. accts get disabled.

apextwin146
09-18-2008, 05:16 PM

on a site like HDbits that is a HORRIBLE idea... ya you can do that kinda thing at lower level trackers.. no one will probably even notice..

but imagine the hdbits staff looking at those stats... since the guys client won't report him downloading ANYTHING for that torrent from hdbits and only reports him uploading...

with a top tier site like HDbits don't do anything fancy or special... download 100% of the torrent directly from HDbits and seed back all you can. CONFUSION + elite trackers don't mix. accts get disabled.
Nicely put :yup: .. Rehashing would work if u can download from higher/Elite and seed to lower levels where there are a good number of users .. On sites like these this wuold get you into trouble .. Even their User Level status clearly indicates that they put more emphasis on Downloading and seeding that back ..

kukushka
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM

with a top their site like HDbits don't do anything fancy or special... download 100% of the torrent directly from HDbits and seed back all you can. CONFUSION + elite trackers don't mix. accts get disabled.
well, correct anti-cheat script is _supposed_ to be some matrix based and shouldn't care whether i downloaded something or not.. if downloaded amount <> uploaded within peers, everyone is under suspiсion for either way ghost leeching or overreporting upload... when situation repeats several times, cheater can be identified.. something like that i think..
and joining swarm with own content - it's a very natural thing to do if release is not exclusive, i.e. scene or just not new for example. that's one of the best and laziest methods to build initial upload on what/waffles (i did it, i know ))). i'm afraid to imagine how many ppl would get banned for rosetta stone )))
so if script detects such things as cheating, it is far from perfection to say at least ) and when staff using it as final method to judge user - well...
..and hdbits is no way any more l33t than what-waffles

puckface
09-18-2008, 06:25 PM

nope

Raban
09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
_supposed_

you speak of how things "should" be or are "supposed" to be ... what does that matter ?

kukushka
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
_supposed_

you speak of how things "should" be or are "supposed" to be ... what does that matter ?
not much ) anyway the best we can do is to try to avoid the shit to happen )

Pitof
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I am also banned from hdbits.org and i have no idea why. My ratio was fine. :cry:

TidusBlade
09-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Drop into #hdbits.support on P2P-Network, you should be able to find out why ;)

nipple
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Drop into #hdbits.support on P2P-Network, you should be able to find out why ;)

lolllllllllll they will help us :D:D:D:D:D
dude they will be ban u without telling u why

users
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
is it possible for members to pm staff to ask about other disabled accounts?.

is that allowed?.

TidusBlade
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
lolllllllllll they will help us :D:D:D:D:D
dude they will be ban u without telling u why
Well, I had a friend who found out why, and that's about all I know :P

RedRansom
09-19-2008, 03:05 PM
is it possible for members to pm staff to ask about other disabled accounts?.

is that allowed?.
Ummm i dont know this is allowed but they have a channel for only support ...
and i dont think one of staff member will reply your pm without warn or ban ...
And if you will contanct one of staff member only can talk with Mostling or Sportcenter others dont worth to talk with them;)

Polarbear
09-19-2008, 04:13 PM
did you know that tracker staff spends a lot of time with people who broke tracker rules and claimed to be banned for no reason afterwards? it's time consuming and unnecessary.

a good cheater will never ever admitt that he cheated. he'll do anything to make people believe that he's innocent.

they don't come like: "hey i cheated and you caught me. cool, can i have my account back now?" they all were banned for no reason.

the first rule of successful cheating is never admit you did it. never!

staff are only unpaid (mostly male and young) human beings. some of them have no experience in leading and administrating a large group of people with various nationalities.

of course they do make mistakes. but when you're really an innocent victim and you don't know any of the staff, you have to compete with a whole lot of lying traders and cheaters. that's why it's generally better to say good bye to your account and move along unless you want to get more angry or embarass yourself.

domert
09-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I am also banned from hdbits.org and i have no idea why. My ratio was fine. :cry:

Me too !

moitapchoi
09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
If you don't know the reason you should go to their irc channel support and ask mates.

makkienator
09-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Ok, I just find out that my whole invite tree is disabled, I called 6 people, they all have users which were invited by them, that is more then 30 people, believe it or not.

I can say just this, NWO admin of hdbits must be person full of frustrations, arogance and negative energy. What human being u should be to ban more then 30 users from whole invite tree??!!

slymester
09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Ok, I just find out that my whole invite tree is disabled, I called 6 people, they all have users which were invited by them, that is more then 30 people, believe it or not.

I can say just this, NWO admin of hdbits must be person full of frustrations, arogance and negative energy. What human being u should be to ban more then 30 users from whole invite tree??!!
Holy shit! That is just crazy

RedRansom
09-20-2008, 01:56 AM

Did you sell something on ebay?:huh:
or Time to ban nwo from hdbits like sdbits done ;)

makkienator
09-20-2008, 02:16 AM

Did you sell something on ebay?:huh:
or Time to ban nwo from hdbits like sdbits done ;)Never!!! Not on hdbits not on any other tracker.

One of the guy who is banned, whom I invited, has seedbox and sportcenter told him he cheated and banned him from channel. Hdbits staff probably dont even know reason and they just tell you something and then kick you from irc.

Terrible, terrible, I dont have words to describe what they are doing.

Tokeman
09-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Well its not unheard of for an entire invite tree to be disabled for a single cheater on some trackers. Perhaps that is why they are telling you all the same thing (you cheated), some one in your upline cheated, hence they may have invited risky users.
I'm sure they don't wanna explain the whole situation to everyone in the tree...

Or maybe some one in your upline mouthed off to staff, and they cut that tree down. Who knows, move on, wasted time here.

Its their tracker, your just visiting, you have no rights, period.

Pudenry
09-20-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm reasonably new to private trackers and I've just started to get into some of the better ones so please forgive my naivety. I see all these posts in this thread about "cheating" but I don't really understand what it is. I use a shared seedbox as my upload on my home connection is woeful can this cause any trouble? Also my box tends to upload so fast I get huge ratios if I stay seeding too long so I tend to stop seeding shortly after I've finished downloading (if my ratio is above 6 or so and there are enough other seeders) is this cheating?

SgtMajor
09-20-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm reasonably new to private trackers and I've just started to get into some of the better ones so please forgive my naivety. I see all these posts in this thread about "cheating" but I don't really understand what it is. I use a shared seedbox as my upload on my home connection is woeful can this cause any trouble? Also my box tends to upload so fast I get huge ratios if I stay seeding too long so I tend to stop seeding shortly after I've finished downloading (if my ratio is above 6 or so and there are enough other seeders) is this cheating?

No - that is not cheating, it is not classed as cheating, nor is it considered cheating, slight overseeding but not cheating by any standards.

What is meant by cheating is faking your upload stats to trackers by using a programme that alters the real amount uploaded, some try to be clever and work within ratios of 1:1, and some are too stupid that calling them dumb is kind, they fake their stats so high as to be noticed by the system easily or by good coders who have coded anti-cheat scripts that highlight such activities. But in all respects it is still considered to be the one of the biggest sins you can do on trackers and your details if caught cheating will be circulated to other trackers.

If it is a shared seedbox, leave a note with staff or in your profile with the username of the person you are sharing the seedbox with, dual IPs can sometimes be classed as dupe accounts and both accounts disabled without notice.

Better safe than sorry.

users
09-20-2008, 06:34 AM

No - that is not cheating, it is not classed as cheating, nor is it considered cheating, slight overseeding but not cheating by any standards.

What is meant by cheating is faking your upload stats to trackers by using a programme that alters the real amount uploaded, some try to be clever and work within ratios of 1:1, and some are too stupid that calling them dumb is kind, they fake their stats so high as to be noticed by the system easily or by good coders who have coded anti-cheat scripts that highlight such activities. But in all respects it is still considered to be the one of the biggest sins you can do on trackers and your details if caught cheating will be circulated to other trackers.

If it is a shared seedbox, leave a note with staff or in your profile with the username of the person you are sharing the seedbox with, dual IPs can sometimes be classed as dupe accounts and both accounts disabled without notice.

Better safe than sorry.

yeah, but like you said, do only a little if you have too....

lolier
09-20-2008, 06:41 AM
the nwo, the sob admin of hdbits has disabled my account because he tought that i was invited from a hacked account.
i was kicked of the room and only after a few times i was told the reason.
knuckle heads.

Pudenry
09-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Thanks for clearing that up SgtMajor :happy:

SgtMajor
09-20-2008, 06:58 AM
yeah, but like you said, do only a little if you have too....

Don't do any, ever, or just be labelled a prick like you, choices, choices.

killercam101
09-20-2008, 07:18 AM
You got banned..congrats now just change ur ip and get another invite OR get an invite to another tracker which steals hdbits shit...OMGodzilla..I KNOW

kukushka
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
if someone's interested, another story...
another guy that i know got disabled. went to irc to find out why. he found out :)
at the time when he still wasn't a hdbits member, he offered to upload to bit-hdtv some stuff, snatched at the 3rd party tracker. he was unaware that origins of that stuff were at hdbits :). yesterday this offer was discovered and hdbits disabled the guy :)
after irc negotiations his account was reenabled.
he has a very positive impressions of how his case was dealt with. staff member's name - sportcenter.

users
09-25-2008, 04:49 PM
if someone's interested, another story...
another guy that i know got disabled. went to irc to find out why. he found out :)
at the time when he still wasn't a hdbits member, he offered to upload to bit-hdtv some stuff, snatched at the 3rd party tracker. he was unaware that origins of that stuff were at hdbits :). yesterday this offer was discovered and hdbits disabled the guy :)
after irc negotiations his account was reenabled.
he has a very positive impressions of how his case was dealt with. staff member's name - sportcenter.

since when do hdbits own content and tell you what you can/can't do with it

hypocrits...

kukushka
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM

hypocrits...
General rules - Breaking these rules can and will get you banned!

Don't upload our releases to Bit-HDTV without the uploaders permission

hm. well, it's a free world, you can accept their rules and be on their tracker or you can ignore them and either way do not use the tracker right away or get disabled once in a while

users
09-25-2008, 05:46 PM

hypocrits...
General rules - Breaking these rules can and will get you banned!

Don't upload our releases to Bit-HDTV without the uploaders permission

hm. well, it's a free world, you can accept their rules and be on their tracker or you can ignore them and either way do not use the tracker right away or get disabled once in a while

well, does hdbits have permission from copyright owner to encode and upload content to begin with.....plus they steal content from the scene, that rule is really stupid...

but most have not been caught anyway, alot of content on bit-hdtv...luckily.

Daniel
09-26-2008, 05:35 AM
users, there is a reason why some non-scene encodes are uploaded by singular users or groups exclusively on hdbits and it's been this way ever since the tracker existed. This whole issue doesn't really apply anymore today because private non-scene encoding groups have evolved on other trackers too, just think about hdbrise or hdit and I'm sure hd-bits.ro has something along that line too. This issue was the most critical back in the time when scene releases were rare and other releases were either from the first groups on hdbits or from single users. Nowadays you find each movie in God knows how many different sizes and resolutions from various sources and not only on bittorrent either.

You should also remember that being a member of a private community is not like a democracy and ignoring those rules, which you have accepted by using the site, can lead to undesired consequences. One does not need to agree with a rule to follow it. In that I support every staff member on any site because it's the right thing to do. If you desire a change of rules then there's a forum for that discussion; but the thing with bit-hdtv uploads on hdbits will most likely stay that way, there is a history on that, after all.

Back to topic: I've had two positive hdbits support contacts in my 1.5 years on the tracker - maybe I'm lucky that way or maybe that's the rule, who knows? One thing I can say is that while not as friendly and forthcoming as other staff, the hdbits guys must have been professional and diligent to have built this successful tracker and to have kept it running for this long time.

On another note, banning whole invite trees happens every now and then, but I've never heard of it on hdbits (who seem to have a reasonably good anti-cheat system anyway). The same thing happened to my former bitmetv account and I've not been as immature afterwards as this thread-starter. Then again, bitmetv has never been my favorite tracker (or a needed one, for that matter), so I've never been much irritated by that.

Groovy
09-26-2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks
The point is I didnt do anything wrong, anything against rules, so I dont know what to advice u...hdbits staff banned me without reason, I had good ratio, seed on seedbox, upload subtitles, never complain or argue on their forums...

Just be happy while it last, I guess :whistling
--------------------------------------------------
Just Great Reply "Just be happy while it last" for some other trackers also:yup:

users
09-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Daniel.....so should everyone on hdbits follow this rule as well?.

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/9/25/f_untitledm_d84931a.png

"You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so":unsure:

AzHrY
09-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I don`t think any tracker kick members out without reasons.
it should be a reason there or go to ircs

RedRansom
09-26-2008, 01:56 PM
i don`t think any tracker kick members out without reasons.
It should be a reason there or go to ircs
hello!!!

apextwin146
09-26-2008, 02:20 PM
i don`t think any tracker kick members out without reasons.
It should be a reason there or go to ircs
hello!!!
i think u shud have pasted ur signature smiley in response ..
hes tolling anyways since out of his 27 posts 12 have been made today

RedRansom
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
hello!!!
i think u shud have pasted ur signature smiley in response ..
hes tolling anyways since out of his 27 posts 12 have been made today
I just said hello noting more;)

gollum980
10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi guys,
on HDbits, this morning they promoted me "1080i",
and this evening they banned me!
I've a seebox (seedhost.eu),
and my ratio is very good.
They disabled my account, and i don't know why.
I'd like to contact the staff.
Can someone PM me hdbits.org irc channel please?
Thanks

nipple
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
here it is but dont go u will be banned from irc also and u will not know why :D:D:D:D
rc.p2p-network.net
#hdbits.support

GL

Dithersky
10-21-2008, 10:25 PM
They disabled my account, and i don't know why.

you want to say that their anti cheat script has flaws? :D

gollum980
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
here it is but dont go u will be banned from irc also and u will not know why :D:D:D:D
rc.p2p-network.net
#hdbits.support

GL

You right!
They banned from irc!

nipple
10-21-2008, 11:01 PM
rc.p2p-network.net
#hdbits.support

GL

You right!
They banned from irc!
lollll i told u :D
do u know the reason ??

Raban
10-22-2008, 12:05 AM

how many people share your seedbox ??

BlueLabel
10-22-2008, 01:23 AM
wow hdbits really on the roll lately
bad week or something??

Raban
10-22-2008, 01:31 AM
wow hdbits really on the roll lately
bad week or something??

these are old posts gollum bumped... nothing happened with hdbits this week except for this guy gollum getting banned

BlueLabel
10-22-2008, 01:33 AM
many old threads bumping lately
nostalgic week??

RedRansom
10-22-2008, 04:17 AM

how many people share your seedbox ??
this is not a point unless some idiots cheat at seedbox or used after seedbox :ermm: