PDA

View Full Version : waffles/what

whoswho
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey there people....

Just got a quick question regarding these 2 trackers.
Which one of them has more rap/hip hop, mostly from the 90s.

Polarbear
09-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey there people....

they both have about the same amount of hiphop torrents.

if i had to choose i'd take waffles for hiphop.

kukushka
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey there people....

tag hip-hop /hip.hop: waffles 1450 what 1900

whoswho
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey there people....

Thanks for that, what seems to have the upper hand.
So which one is easier to get and invite to?

kukushka
09-18-2008, 09:44 AM

what.cd is easier, it can be entered via interview on irc

You want a a What.CD Invite, and have IRC, then that invite is easily accessible, with a bit of knowledge of transcodes and audio codecs First, you open up your IRC client, and join the following:

Server: irc.what.cd
Channel: #what.cd-invites

(A very easy to use IRC client for firefox users is the "Chatzilla" Firefox add-on, although, most use mIRC, which is more customizable etcetera.

Then you enter the following command: "!queue", and you will be automatically entered into a waiting list, to be interviewed by a what.cd VIP regarding why you want to be a member, your connection and your knowledge about audio codecs, proper uploading, trans codes etcetera. The wait is averaged at 110 minutes, I know a long time, but worth it if you love music, and truly want to be a what.cd member. The interview is fairly easy.

If you fail the quiz (which is very unlikely) you are aloud to re-take it at a later date

there's a good reason to join them right now, there will be freeleech during the weekend.

whoswho
09-18-2008, 10:02 AM
what.cd is easier, it can be entered via interview on irc

You want a a What.CD Invite, and have IRC, then that invite is easily accessible, with a bit of knowledge of transcodes and audio codecs First, you open up your IRC client, and join the following:

Server: irc.what.cd
Channel: #what.cd-invites

(A very easy to use IRC client for firefox users is the "Chatzilla" Firefox add-on, although, most use mIRC, which is more customizable etcetera.

Then you enter the following command: "!queue", and you will be automatically entered into a waiting list, to be interviewed by a what.cd VIP regarding why you want to be a member, your connection and your knowledge about audio codecs, proper uploading, trans codes etcetera. The wait is averaged at 110 minutes, I know a long time, but worth it if you love music, and truly want to be a what.cd member. The interview is fairly easy.

If you fail the quiz (which is very unlikely) you are aloud to re-take it at a later date

there's a good reason to join them right now, there will be freeleech during the weekend.

Thanks for the info it is very very helpful, I truly appreciate it.:D

helpme
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM
waffles is better than what in hiphop

propaganja7
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
waffles is better than what in hiphop

i dont think so..what is surely better especially if you want underground hip hop and not something like 2pac, snoop dogg etc.;)

dunson
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Most of them just end up both places because people are trying to buffer their accounts and all that. I very rarely use either of those, TT pwns for my tastes.

sharkezo
09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
what is the best in everything except lossless music waffles has more

kukushka
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
what is the best in everything except lossless music waffles has more
waffles 48700 what 65700 (with 24bit) :happy:

fodxx
09-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Whatcd is better in every aspect...and the Gazelle system is just perfect.

BelleandSeb
09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
hah so what if Waffles is smaller. Have you seen how unorganised Gazelle? There's tons and tons of dupes, seriously. And besides, Waffles has that community feel, and everyone knows What just nick all their best ideas from the Waffles suggestions forum anyway :shiftyeyes:

kukushka
09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
hah so what if Waffles is smaller. Have you seen how unorganised Gazelle? There's tons and tons of dupes, seriously. And besides, Waffles has that community feel, and everyone knows What just nick all their best ideas from the Waffles suggestions forum anyway :shiftyeyes:
o. i smell a holy war here. cool :cool:

BelleandSeb
09-19-2008, 01:48 PM
nah no one wants that, since these threads are pointless at the end of the day. Basically:

Waffles = local coffee house run by someone who lives down the street
What = Starbucks

and personally, all I want is a hot chocolate :p

stroj
09-19-2008, 02:08 PM
If you like hip-hop, you might want to check HHBase or rapthe.net

tX
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM

lol. no way, a waffles fanboy :ermm:

Personally I think gazelle's great, I have no trouble with dupes, and I almost never use waffles now (can't stand tbdev)

And as for "nicking" ideas from waffles.... lol...

And i'm tired of people saying What has a poor community, their community is great

redMonster
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
IMHO, waffles is also a very good tracker, but the problem is that they want to become like OiNK. They have copied everything from OiNK, while WHAT has displayed originality.

torax34
09-19-2008, 03:28 PM
What = Starbucks

thanks a lot, now i need to find waffles invite :frusty:

Catcher
09-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Try rap dedicated trackers I guess they would be better.

chipsforbrains
09-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Lots of talk about content, but if you don't like the content on a site, just ask around. I think that it is better to talk about the quality of the staff and the site software. I don't know waffles, but I really like all the cool search functions on what.cd.

domert
09-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I think what have most !

fodxx
09-20-2008, 03:48 PM
o. i smell a holy war here. cool :cool:
Shame on you!!! http://b.imagehost.org/0807/spank.gif :D

Actually I get that feeling from Pedro's BtMusic...

ksauron
09-20-2008, 03:51 PM
what.cd..FTW

HuLoRe
09-21-2008, 09:18 AM
I'd use what. It's a lot easier to seed has more hiphop torrents and is easier to get into... :)

btw. I don't think that any Rap or HipHop tracker could already compete with What or Waffles :rolleyes:

Ligeia
09-22-2008, 03:34 AM
There is more activity at What in terms of seeders and leechers. Waffles is a fine site, but doesn't have quite as much content, nor does it have the activity to support it. Also, there has been a lot more opportunity to get friends into What than into Waffles.

Rigel9
09-22-2008, 11:40 AM
What.cd is great and has lost of good underground hip hop. They also just recently upped the user limit from 60k to 100k, so you shouldn't have trouble getting in.

yevgeny
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
i have what/waffles and i think what is the best cos it has more seeders, a lot more activity, afficianodas will want more and this is where e**** comes in to the picture.