PDA

View Full Version : .exe Now What

Cyberseye
09-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Hello,
I have spent the last few days trying to get the MS Flight Sim CD3 D/L'ed. I already have disc 1 and 2 that I have purchased (CD3 became my Rot's chew toy) anyway, the problem I have is d/l'ing and opening Disc 3 it's been a bear.I have d/l'ed 3 different formats.
An .iso, a .BIN and now and an .exe . The 2 previous are easy enough to open and use but this last one ,the.EXE. I don't know if I should change the extension and if so what to???? It won't run as it is so what do I do. I need to burn it because it has to stay in the CD while I run the Sim, but I can't seem to get it to work. The other 2 D/L's were full of errors.So what should I do to make it useable. Thanks....

-Archwolf-
09-04-2003, 03:06 PM
dl 3 iso's

Bodasher
09-04-2003, 03:35 PM
If you have Win 9X or maybe 2K (not sure 'bout that one), you can go to folder options and check/uncheck the show real file name extensions (or something similar). Then you will see if there is anything else after the .exe which is hidden. If so, delete it or change it to whatever you want (ISO maybe?). I have had probs with my CD burner lately (I burn ISOs but the disc is empty), so I use WinISO to extract the file and burn the extracted ones. That should work, if it is the case.

Cyberseye
09-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Archwolf I don't understand your reply. The files are (approx.)650mb cd1, 250mb cd2, 650mb cd3. I already have disc 1 and 2 iso's. I have already d/l'ed cd3 .iso and it was bad. If I can't get some help on how to open this file then I guess I'll try to d/l another .iso but since there are several cd3 d/l's that are in .exe format I just assumed there was a common way to open it. Most of the .exe's that I seen for d/l where formatted (.iso.exe) and you just need to rename them but just an .exe I don't know which way to go.

Bodasher I have checked to see what the complete file name was (hidden known extensions) and it is just and .exe I tried to name it .iso but it didn't work. Thats why I figured there must be something i am missing. There just seems to be too many of these MS Flight Sim CD 1,2, and 3 that are in just .exe format for there not to be some way to open it.

Thanks for the help ArchWolf and Bodasher

N£MO
09-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Just loose the .exe at the end and it should be ok but check it with CDMage for errors before you burn it.

Cyberseye
09-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@4 September 2003 - 16:44
Just loose the .exe at the end and it should be ok but check it with CDMage for errors before you burn it.
I did that but now there isn't any file to associate it with to open, burn, edit or whatever so I changed it back. If I drop the .exe then what app should i use to burn it or even extract it. I use winiso or isobuster but w/o an extension they won't even recognize it nor did any other file burning appz.
I'm not familiar w/ Cdmage but will it open the file w/o an extension?
Thanks for the suggestion.