PDA

View Full Version : True Blood (HBO TV Series)[2008]

mr. nails
09-20-2008, 06:42 AM
i always get a kick out of vampire films so i decided to give this one a go. i wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be pretty ok.

this show is about vampires being an accepted race among us (humans) and the main actress falling for one. true blood is a tasty beverage "they" can buy in (from what i've seen) the standard 6-pack @ the local convenient stores. it's either buy that or drink our blood. show sports lots of sexual content and very mild gore (so far).

liking the series so far and looking forward to more of what's to cum in the series.

writer, director & producer of the TV series Six Feet Under.

IMDb spot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441).

HeavyMetalParkingLot
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I too am enjoying the series, but not as much as I would really like to. But I must say that the series premier did have what became one of my favorite quotes ever, "Fuck me? I’ll fuck you, boy. I’ll fuck yeh… then I’ll eat yeh.”

Skiz
09-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I like it as well; I just wish it wasn't so poorly executed.

The acting seems overdone and the whole thing turns out a bit hokey. It's a great premise and a fair storyline. I'd just like to see it invoked with more seriousness.

C-mos
09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
omg I love this :)

Skiz
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
omg I love this :)

Just what do you love about it? :eyebrows:

neo24
09-28-2008, 10:28 PM
good TV Series

Skiz
09-28-2008, 10:32 PM
:frusty:

Skiz
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
True Blood S01E04 720p HDTV x264-2HD

Best episode yet.

Potential for new characters with the "Fangtasia" bar, plus the unveiling of the bar owners recent transgressions.

I was beginning to get bored with the show before this episode, but now it's showing all sorts of hope.

mr. nails
10-02-2008, 04:51 AM
speaking of the "fangtasia" bar.. am i wrong in saying i wanna do sum of those vamp chics @ the bar?

Busyman
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I've only seen 2 episodes (others in the "can") and it's just ok.

It has too much of this romance aspect too it.

Damn I miss The Wire.

despikable
10-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Yea i admit i like it even though i dont think its great. Maybe i have too much time on my hands?

mr. nails
10-11-2008, 06:54 PM
retracted statement*

thebazzla
10-11-2008, 06:59 PM
it can be slow at times but i am completely hooked on it.

mr. nails
10-15-2008, 10:25 AM
i don't see why ppl don't like the fangs in this. i think it's kinda cool how the look. sliding out fast and shit. ready for the kill. idk, i dig it.

episode 6 just kinda cleaned up the story and didn't really go anywhere. except the ending left me wanting to see more boobies.. :)

mr. nails
11-25-2008, 07:23 AM
first season is over. 2nd season in production. i liked it. 8.5/10

lol. well, a lot of the cast have been killed off. guess teh 2nd season will have a lot of new characters.

looking forward to season 2. 8 more months away. :o

Skiz
11-25-2008, 07:49 AM
I was telling this to Chalice earlier to day - There are rumors that Vin Diesel will be in the show next season as "Quinn" (from the books).

The Flying Cow
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
A new FOX(?) series debuted in 2008. It's an interesting take on the whole vampire mishigas - they basically live at peace with the humans (relatively), and all sorts of interesting stuff is on the up-and-up (true blood, or v blood, is also a drug humans can take, a drop or two being sufficient for a whole night-time's sexual extravaganza).

Fine acting and an interesting storyline plummet this must-see TV show currently in it's second season.

Ana Paquin is worthy of mention. Her abilities do not go unnoticed.

Give it a shot you lot.

Skiz
06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Fox re-aired it only after the true season had ended on HBO. If you liked it on Fox, watch the HBO versions and see the series how it was meant to be viewed. Blood, boobs, biting.... It rocks.

S02E01 just aired last Sunday. :01:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-true-blood-s02e01-720p-hdtv-x264-dimension-355492

1000possibleclaws
06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Was meaning to check out this show, but never got around to it. I'll definitely check it out sometime soon

karla64
06-20-2009, 01:13 AM
actually guys its a HBO show. i just got done with s01e06 and cant wait to watch the others

mr-soul
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I have to start watching this show. My friends does and they say it's great.

{I}{K}{E}
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
great series. I love the 'intro' + the song is awesome :P

Rart
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I didn't see Godric killing himself coming. Seemed pretty extreme =/

mr. nails
08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
WoW. look @ this thread.

season 2 is just as good if not better than the 1st. seems when u think they might have hit a wall they bust out with sum new twist.

all the ppl fucking and the mass quantity of boobies ftw!

i'm anxious to see who bill calls his majesty @ the end of ep 8.

one thing i can say is that true blood sure does a good job @ making u crave more. i mean jesus. the anticipation kills me @ the end of each ep. the fuckers.

mr. nails
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
season 2 finale with episode 12.

lol, true blood sure doesn't have a prob with getting rid of their cast. seems a good step though for it keeps it fresh with ending story and the opening of new. if anything this sure does beat that twilight crap.

season 3 already announced!

IdolEyes787
09-14-2009, 07:26 PM
The nice thing about the finale is that it didn't let you off easy.
I was thinking half way through what are they going to do for the rest of the hour ( although Tara's little premonition had me expecting something) but they were just leaving enough room to adequately let the shit hit the fan.
I kind of know some of what is going to happen next season and if you like the action more than the melodrama you're not going to be disappointed.

solerida
09-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Didn't think i'd be a fan of this show, BUT i was wrong!! Big time!
Great show.

Rart
09-16-2009, 03:14 AM
To me it didn't really feel like the season finale had enough "wow" in it. Maryanne was dead like halfway in, and the rest of the episode was rather bland, and I was expecting the entire way through that they were going to have to put another cliffhanger like previous seasons. The cliffhanger wasn't really that exciting either imo.

jaaahm
09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
bad movie..

Rart
09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
bad movie..

It's a tv show :blink:

NSMB
09-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Just watched the season ending and I must say it was really, really good without being a big fist in your face like many others. However, Jason shooting Eggs in the head for that was just cheap, eventhough Jason may not be the smartest guy in the world - C'mon,shooting a guy in the head 20 meters from a bar crowded with people, when Eggs clearly was just waving the knife around and didn't raise it in the way he would stab Bellefleur? And where the fuck did Jason come from? He just walked out of the bar, saw Eggs waving a knife over Bellefleur and immediately assumed he was going to kill again, although Jason knew he was in trance when he ripped those peoples heart out?
Didn't make sense to me, and I don't think i overanalyzed. Besides that and the fact that Jason must be the most fucktarded-cunt-asshole-dumbass-retarded-fuckcunt-arse existing in TV history, the series is good. Unfortunely he indirectly attracted people to the show by fucking tons of girls in the first season, and without all that fucking and murdering I don't think it would've gained such popularity.
Edit: YAY! My original post was posted anyway^^

Rart
09-20-2009, 02:41 AM
I do agree =/

That was a little retarded. He was freaking out, but unless he was about to actually strike, he shouldn't have actually shot him. Or you could've just shot him in the arm or foot =/.

FLEA
09-20-2009, 04:17 PM
today last ep? or there was only 12 episodes? im confused..

Rart
09-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Last week was the season finale.

mr. nails
05-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Season 3 starts in 3 weeks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwNjZ_aDuc

m1k327
05-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Oh, it looks like all of my guesses for who took Bill were completely wrong. I think this will be an interesting season.

mr. nails
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
season 3 started and nothing special with the 1st episode of the season. it's still good nonetheless if u like the story, but nothing new will happen until the 2nd episode.

doldrum
06-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Not a fan, but i used to watch the show. But these days i am watching FIFA WORLD CUP, so no time for other show.

t1ger
07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Just what do you love about it?
i love the plot because it have amazing scenes that can scare anyone and some very interesting charachters that can keep u busy

CitiTechno
07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
@ OP ... pretty ok

im offended

true blood is nothing short of brilliant

mr. nails
07-29-2010, 12:03 AM
@ OP ... pretty ok

im offended

yeah, and that was right after i watched the very FIRST episode in which it was pretty ok and it's story has grown quite a lot by now.

mr. nails
07-29-2010, 12:04 AM
@ OP ... pretty ok

im offended

yeah, and that was right after i watched the very FIRST episode in which it was pretty ok and it's story has grown quite a lot by now.

mr. nails
07-29-2010, 11:13 AM
seems my post is stuck in limbo.

mr. nails
05-12-2011, 05:58 AM
True Blood Season 4 starts June 26th!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjimabCaPOo

Rart
05-24-2011, 03:55 AM
A couple more trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3zi0h5HBqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSnb0b1Sqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOv1vYvrSzQ

And as always, Jessica looks amazing in these scenes :drool:

The trailers don't look half bad though. Hopefully this season will be better than the trainwreck that was pretty much any non vamp storyline last season.

Dabangg
05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I love this show.waiting for season 4.

Niccot
05-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Yup me too

IdolEyes787
05-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm actually waiting for Season 5 since I like to stay ahead of the curve.

mr. nails
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
So, Season 4 of True Blood is over and the Season Finale was EXCELLENT! The bastards through in an awesome cliff hanger and 9 months couldn't get here sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJAuFT5kD3Y

thebazzla
09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
just finished watching the finale. and it was a quality one for a change, unless it was all a dream.
not sure if i can wait 9 months though for the next series.

darn it all my fav tv shows have ended its run. so its time to look out for something else.
BTW that Jessica seems to get hotter by each episode.

IdolEyes787
09-12-2011, 03:51 PM
just finished watching the finale. and it was a quality one for a change, unless it was all a dream.
not sure if i can wait 9 months though for the next series.

darn it all my fav tv shows have ended its run. so its time to look out for something else.
BTW that Jessica seems to get hotter by each episode.

I apparently still like True Blood but the finale was a whole lot of anti-climax with the added bonus of trying to hook my in for more disappoint next season.

mjmacky
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I apparently still like True Blood

And here I thought you had a sense of taste

thebazzla
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
well what first got me hooked was the opening titles to the show that music rocks.
but in fairness the show could do with a clear out of some characters. and bring in some refreshing ones like that Russell Edgington in series three he was great...

mr. nails
09-13-2011, 04:50 AM
the show could do with a clear out of some characters.

TB is going on Season 5 now. AFAIK they kill off a few at the end of each season and S4 is no different.

IdolEyes787
09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I apparently still like True Blood

And here I thought you had a sense of taste

Bad taste is still taste.

well what first got me hooked was the opening titles to the show that music rocks.
but in fairness the show could do with a clear out of some characters. and bring in some refreshing ones like that Russell Edgington in series three he was great...

The first two series followed the books a little more closely but I'm assuming the popularity of certain characters forced the producers change more than they otherwise might have.
Now I can't see season 5 being even remotely like "Dead as a Doornail".

Skiz
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm just a bit tired of every single character in the show having some sort of special talent come out. In the beginning it was just a show about synthetic blood that allowed vamps to reveal themselves and live openly. It's gotten so far away from that now.

Glod
09-14-2011, 06:59 PM
We've now seen vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, werepanthers, fairies, necromancers, ghosts, mediums, demons, and who knows what else I've forgotten. I hope the fifth season is a return to the roots of the series, with a strong focus on human/vampire interaction and political turmoil. The return of Russell, in addition to disgruntled vampires within the Anti-Defamation League, gives me hope.

dreamgirl
09-16-2011, 07:10 PM
We've now seen vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, werepanthers, fairies, necromancers, ghosts, mediums, demons, and who knows what else I've forgotten. I hope the fifth season is a return to the roots of the series, with a strong focus on human/vampire interaction and political turmoil. The return of Russell, in addition to disgruntled vampires within the Anti-Defamation League, gives me hope. I hope so too! I'm tired of all these crazy other 'creatures'.

I'm glad Eric is back to his old self again though! ;)

And I think Sookie made the right decision in the end. I wonder what'll happen to Tara! :blink:

IdolEyes787
09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
I wonder what'll happen to Tara! :blink:

I read that she becomes a zombie but then a evil necromancer casts and spell on her and instead of brains she craves the cawk.
I don't know about you but I think the the producers are really stretching the bounds of plausibility just so that they can up the sex and violence quota.

likeable
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I got this for my girlfriend and shes totally addicted! Watched 2 seasons in 2 days, and I haven't gotten laid in ages. Apparently vampire sex is hotter than ours!

mjmacky
09-20-2011, 02:56 AM
I got this for my girlfriend and shes totally addicted! Watched 2 seasons in 2 days, and I haven't gotten laid in ages. Apparently vampire sex is hotter than ours!

Did you deflate her after the 2nd day?

zizo22
10-09-2011, 11:31 PM
i don't like at all.

IdolEyes787
10-09-2011, 11:43 PM
i don't like at all.

Don't worry soon you will be off to seek invites and then you won't have to think about it anymore.

mjmacky
10-10-2011, 12:42 AM
By the way Idol, watching this show is how you spite me, so in case you wanted something to feel pleased about.

IdolEyes787
10-10-2011, 12:53 AM
By the way Idol, watching this show is how you spite me, so in case you wanted something to feel pleased about.

I don't ever do anything to spite anyone but myself.

mjmacky
10-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I don't ever do anything to spite anyone but myself.

I would say that's a rather grand statement, but watching this show would qualify as an attempt to debase yourself.

IdolEyes787
08-28-2014, 04:34 PM
I honestly think the producers were trying to top Dexter for the worst series finale ever as there is no other way to explain this.
OK maybe if the writers got a bonus for who could come up with an episode that could most insult fans of the series.

Basically the show hasn't been what you could term "good' since the first season but still as presumably someone is still being paid a shitload of money to turn out this trash,I think it's not unfair to expect the people concerned to at least put a little effort into it.

In summation,fuck off Hollywood cunts,you have just made me waste seven years of Sunday nights of my life.

Rart
08-28-2014, 05:12 PM
I didn't realize people still watched this steaming pile of turd. :idunno:

The show became unwatchable a long time ago.

The only time I downloaded an episode was when there was a Deborah Ann Woll scene that I wanted to watch for the plot. Or a Lucy Griffiths scene. For the plot.

Skiz
08-28-2014, 06:07 PM
It's definitely been terrible for a long time, but for some reason, I've kept watching it. Certainly not for the tna because that pretty much left with season 1 as well. It's just been something to watch in the off season I guess.

The finale was as simple as it could have been. Too simple. The big emotional scene was supposed to be the killing of Vamp Bill but since everyone has stopped giving a fuck about the run-on series that the actual moment of delivery carried no weight. All I could think was, 'ok... only 5 more minutes of this and I can stop pouring any more time into this show...'.

Then Eric and Pam make presumably billions but he's still sitting there miserable at Fangtasia? Fucking bullshit. We now know the back story of Fangtasia and why they had to stay there, miserable as fuck, but now after making a killing with New Blood, they just opt to stay there in the video store, turned bar? I have been more interested in Eric's story/character for the past few seasons than maybe anyone else's, and that's the ending they give his character? Shame on them.

IdolEyes787
08-28-2014, 06:56 PM
I think that they were trying to please the fans except none of the stuff except for Eric sort of returning to his former "bad" self which as you say was handled extremely badly,was what "fans' of the show really wanted.

Far,far,far too much time of the final season wasted on minor and new characters that no one cares about and next to nothing given to tidying up major ones like Sam and Lafayette(who didn't even have a fucking line in the finale) .
Also what the fuck with Jason????
I'm not exaggerating when I say the whole thing would have been a whole lot more satisfying if the final scene had been the government dropping a nuke on the place.

Skiz
08-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Agreed.

No one gave a fuck about Jessica/new guys relationship or the drama that unfolded with him cheating on her with Lafayette.
No one gave a fuck about Tara being in limbo of whatever the the hell that was about. No one has ever cared about her mother.
No one gave a fuck about the Andy and Holly stepchildren/incest path they were playing around with.
Jason has apparently done a 180 turn in the last episode of a 7 season show? Get fucked, you shithead writers.

At least Ginger finally got laid.

nickherc
12-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Worst finale ever. I even liked Dexter finale more, and that was terrible (I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I sleep all night and work all day). True blood used to be a gem, Season 1 and 2 was awesome. Remember when Jason was addicted to V, that was hilarious. First two season were awesome, then it quickly went downhill. They destroyed the character of Eric, plots were boring and fillers. Eh... Well, at least it had nice "getting laid" scenes and some nice boobies.

izzykasha
02-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Damn shame, problem is the writers never know how to end these series....name a good ending to any long running series?

hingisfan
02-06-2015, 03:23 AM
Only good thing about season 2+ is Jessica is HOT

blown2bits
02-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Went downhill after Season 3.

It all moved into melodrama.