PDA

View Full Version : What does the NZB Index need?

tesco
09-20-2008, 07:56 PM
What would you like to see in a new NZB index upgrade?

I've been working on the layout and a few new features for the filtering of NZBs in our NZB Index.

What features would you guys like to see added?

A planned feature which was requested, and I started, months ago was filtering by GROUP name. The code is there it just isn't finished yet.
That will probably be a part of the new nzb index...

Something Else
09-20-2008, 09:47 PM
It's actually pretty damn good already.

How about an easy, visible search box.

JustDOSE
09-21-2008, 12:41 AM
how about for example you can download the nzb and have an external imbd link without leaving the page
this page for example:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzbindex.php?filterhash=e4118050e3eff3caf4c9ef238a8e2ec8

i think its bad ass how u can see a cover when u hover over the nzb info

tesco
09-21-2008, 12:43 AM
@JustDOSE, That's all a part of the new layout... :)

@benchez, Not sure that's really needed there's already 2 menus for search. :P

rippinitup4fun
09-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Hey tesco, pretty minor but thought I would suggest it anyways.

When you go to the main "NZB Index" you can see all categories and click on for instance Xvid movies icon and go to only Xvid movies, or there is the "NZB Type Filter dropdown" but when you click on a sub-forum index like "Movie Nzbs" it lists all types like WMV, DVDR, Xvid, etc. but you cannot click on the icon for only 1 type to filter and the filter dropdown is not there. Would be nice to have that particular feature intergrated with the Sub-forums, if at all possible.

tesco
09-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Not going to do that because I can't easily make it work with standard vB forum code...
Have tried before, it just gets messy... That's why I created the nzb index in the first place.

BUT a new feature in the new nzb index is ability to filter by MOVIES, MUSIC, TV, GAMES, MISC, as well as clicking a single icon to filter only that one type, and also you can still create your own filter, and save that filter.
Another new feature iss you can now delete your saved filter.
Also while you have one saved you can now still choose to SHOW ALL. :P

Something Else
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM

A quick search box with no fannying about involved.

Am I missing one somewhere. :unsure:

I have to advance search to find anything in the NZB section.

tesco
09-22-2008, 12:06 AM

A quick search box with no fannying about involved.

Am I missing one somewhere. :unsure:

I have to advance search to find anything in the NZB section.
click on "Search NZB Forums" right above the nzb listings (in the nzb index) and type your search.
It automatically does the advanced search, checks only nzb forums...
If I remember right it also limits it to however many days the nzbs are active for so you don't get old stuff.:unsure:

Something Else
09-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Sweet. Thanks. I can't believe I missed that. :pinch:

AppleMonger
09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see the Number of NZB grabs on the index (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzbindex.php), rather than topic views. To me, NZB grabs is more useful information than topic views :)

Similarly, a Download NZB button on the index would be nice as well. A lot of the torrent trackers have these, and I love them, as then I don't have to load the thread, etc.

Just my two cents :D

tesco
09-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I'd like to see the Number of NZB grabs on the index (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/nzbindex.php), rather than topic views. To me, NZB grabs is more useful information than topic views :)

Similarly, a Download NZB button on the index would be nice as well. A lot of the torrent trackers have these, and I love them, as then I don't have to load the thread, etc.

Just my two cents :D
:lol: I didn't even realize that.
It used to show grabs but I labeled it views for some reason. Somewhere along the line of the years of nzb index edits i must have accidentally made it shows views instead of grabs.:lol:

tesco
10-04-2008, 03:56 PM
The new NZB Index is up and running. :)

RudeYute
10-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Sweet, nice work. Are you still open to suggestions? I would like to be able to use sub categories. For example, with Music, have a genre option.

tesco
10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Genre's of music?
We don't have that kind of data so no way to filter by it... (at the moment anyway)

Skiz
10-06-2008, 12:47 AM
What about the mentioned option to download directly from the Index? :)

tesco
10-06-2008, 01:10 AM
What about the mentioned option to download directly from the Index? :)
Can't do that, we still want members viewing the threads or else they forget where they are and just become leechers.;)

JustDOSE
10-06-2008, 03:15 AM
the imdb opens in the same page, should open in a new page; i think. I was also dissapointed about have to go the actual thread to view the nzb :dabs:

tnt
10-06-2008, 02:00 PM
yea direct link to download the nzb file would be fine