PDA

View Full Version : How is Kimsufi L?

redMonster
09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I am planning to get myself a Kimsufi L server after 10 days with the following specs:

Intel Celeron D/215/220 1.20+ GHz, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 100 MBit connection.

The price on kimsufi.co.uk is 20 pounds (is it pounds??, i don't recognize the symbol).

anybody have any experience with this. how much time do they take to set up the box? I had been using seedhost's 18 euro seedbox before this one, and was pretty satisfied. The only downside was only 60 GB HDD.

Users of this server, what speeds do you get on an average? Is it worth buying?

Also, since the cost is not too much, is it a shared server or a real dedicated server?

stacker
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes, the price is in pounds.

Seedhost.eu is simply an OVH reseller, so the speeds will be the same.And yes it's a dedicated server, not a shared one.

Did you move to UK or one of the countries OVH is accepting orders from?Otherwise, if you are in India just forget it.

Ellusionist
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
there are plenty of resellers around. setup time is just a few hours, great speeds :)

redMonster
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for your comments stacker and Ellusionist. Regarding the country thing, I will find someone from FST or one of my mates on some trackers to buy it for me. That's not a problem.

And I will have to follow the NaQ's guide (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331/?) to set up the box, right?

stacker
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your comments stacker and Ellusionist. Regarding the country thing, I will find someone from FST or one of my mates on some trackers to buy it for me. That's not a problem.

And I will have to follow the NaQ's guide (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331/?) to set up the box, right?
Correct.

I just mentioned the country thing since you mentioned the price on ovh.co.uk.It's impossible to get such a low price from a reseller, but if you can get one of your mates to order one for you then that won't be a problem.:)

And actually the price is a bit higher since they also have to pay VAT and 20 pounds is the price without the VAT.

redMonster
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
What will be the total price after adding the VAT?

Also, which OS to go for? They have a huge list of OSes available. I am thinking about Debian : Etch Stable. They offer 32 bit and 64 bit. I guess 32 bit will be better for the hardware which they are giving with the "L" plan.

stacker
09-22-2008, 01:52 PM
The standard VAT rate in UK is 17.5%, so the final price will be around 23,50 pounds.

And Debian is a fine choice.

redMonster
09-23-2008, 04:21 AM
32 bit or 64 bit?

ericab
09-23-2008, 05:38 AM
someone here willing to resell an OVH to me ?
msg me back asap.

stacker
09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
32 bit or 64 bit?
It won't make any difference, unless you intend to run 64bit apps.Either one would be fine.

integral
09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I recommend not buying from seedhost. You will get cheaper solutions around here with more helpful, trustworthy people. :D

And I recommend getting a linux OS for kimsufi L, and avoiding uTorrent; you'll get slow disk writes/cache reading and won't be worth it.

Neoworld
09-23-2008, 10:26 AM
intergral0- What sort of setup would you recommend and from whom?

stacker
09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I recommend not buying from seedhost. You will get cheaper solutions around here with more helpful, trustworthy people. :D

Heh, the better offers i could find on here were about a fiver (euros) cheaper.Of course even 1 euro cheaper is better, but there are simply not much cheaper offers out there.

We need some french resellers, since they can get the servers cheaper and offer them in euros.:whistling