PDA

View Full Version : EZ Booster?

Tanuki
09-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Anyone experiences with the EZ Booster programs? They claim to speed up almost all p2p networks. At least for edonkey and bittorrent I can say this is utter nonsense. But what do these programs really do? Malware? Ads? Or just harmless snake oil for idiots with too much money?

users
09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
just cheat, its alot easier than that spam crap...

dunson
09-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Great idea!

Dithersky
09-22-2008, 09:49 PM

talking from personal experience? :lol:

respawn40
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM

LOL, users. You're making yourself look worse and worse every day. Have fun getting nowhere.

users
09-22-2008, 09:56 PM

LOL, users. You're making yourself look worse and worse every day. Have fun getting nowhere.

yeah sure, but I already have half as much rep as you dingus...

respawn40
09-22-2008, 09:59 PM

yeah sure, but I already have half as much rep as you dingus...

"BT Rep" here at this site doesn't matter one bit. Most of the time, actually, having a high rep means you've done a lot of trades >.> The rep was meant so that traders would know who was trustworthy, and who was not.

Once again...

You're making yourself look worse and worse every day. Have fun getting nowhere.

And just so you know, one of my rep points was given to me because some guy though I "seemed nice", and the other because I helped someone out with a Demonoid problem.

puckface
09-22-2008, 10:01 PM
wow, more jackasses than usual these days huh?

respawn40
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
And Tanuki, to answer your question, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that what these programs attempt to do is change some registry settings so that you get a slightly overall faster boost in speed.

OTO
09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Tanuki
09-22-2008, 10:10 PM
And Tanuki, to answer your question, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that what these programs attempt to do is change some registry settings so that you get a slightly overall faster boost in speed.

Thanks respawn40. They popped up in AceT's 0day section. To be on the safe side I disabled them. Even if they are not malware of any kind I doubt they do anything useful. Registry settings are no magic, and only by magic you can speed up bittorrent searches. :-D

yakz091
09-23-2008, 06:01 AM
good for nothing.

Tanuki
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
good for nothing.

Perhaps even dangerous. Maybe I am paranoid, but with p2p one better is, but I was thinking what else might be behind those programs. There is an EZ Booster for almost every client on every p2p network, not only bittorrent. Do they really have enough paying customers to make profit? P2p users paying for a program to enhance their clients? Come on, the probably don't even make enough money to pay for their website.

I wonder if this could be a trojan from the MAFIAA. It could be possible that it circumvents peerguardian. Or it could 'inject' peer addresses to the ones the client gets from its tracker, allowing to gather data from private tracker communities. With a plugin like this there are all kinds of nasties, which are possible.

In that case it is no wonder that the program does not contain noticeable ad- or other malware.