PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Outlook Express Problem

downloader2008
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
I don't know why Microsoft would've found this feature handy, but it's really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: http://www.angelfire.com/music5/musiccodescentral/oeproblem.jpg I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like 'reply to your letter' or 'business sheet') and I can't open them now! Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?

Izagaia
09-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by downloader2008@4 September 2003 - 15:46
I don't know why Microsoft would've found this feature handy, but it's really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: http://www.angelfire.com/music5/musiccodescentral/oeproblem.jpg I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like 'reply to your letter' or 'business sheet') and I can't open them now! Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?
tools> options> security

Under the virus protection area, uncheck the box that reads "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved that could potentially be a virus". Click "apply" then "ok" and close Outlook Express. Re-open the program and you should be able to now read any attachment sent including ones from mail that you have already received.

This is an annoying option, I agree. But it is all part of their default security measurements to protect windows from the ever-growing rise in malicious code being distributed and executed via junk mail.

downloader2008
09-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the help! :D

MUSLEMAN
09-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Izagaia+4 September 2003 - 16:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izagaia @ 4 September 2003 - 16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-downloader2008@4 September 2003 - 15:46
I don&#39;t know why Microsoft would&#39;ve found this feature handy, but it&#39;s really annoying. My friends send me attachments and Outlook Express gives me this: http://www.angelfire.com/music5/musiccodescentral/oeproblem.jpg I mean, the subject and attachment match what is going on in my life (not something like &#39;reply to your letter&#39; or &#39;business sheet&#39;) and I can&#39;t open them now&#33; Can anyone please tell me how to disable this feature?
tools> options> security

Under the virus protection area, uncheck the box that reads "Do not allow attachments to be opened or saved that could potentially be a virus". Click "apply" then "ok" and close Outlook Express. Re-open the program and you should be able to now read any attachment sent including ones from mail that you have already received.

This is an annoying option, I agree. But it is all part of their default security measurements to protect windows from the ever-growing rise in malicious code being distributed and executed via junk mail. [/b][/quote]
good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible :lol:

nikita69
09-07-2003, 07:19 PM
good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible

Speaking of which musleman, i haven&#39;t been able to find a way that express uninstall itself. One time i had clean registry and delete the folders all together. Hmmmm.

ricochet
09-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by nikita69@7 September 2003 - 19:19

good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible

Speaking of which musleman, i haven&#39;t been able to find a way that express uninstall itself. One time i had clean registry and delete the folders all together. Hmmmm.
Hey man thata a neat siginature

nikita69
09-07-2003, 09:28 PM
:lol: so is urs, i&#39;m wondering thou, have they???? :D

Izagaia
09-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Outlook Express is catergorized as a "component" of the windows OS. You really cannot uninstall altogether completely, however you can come pretty damn close to it by going to:

control panel> add or remove programs> add or remove windows components

Uncheck OE. It may ask for your XP start up/install CD. Reboot.

backlash
09-08-2003, 01:52 AM
anyone know how to get microsoft outlook to stop this feature too. only way I know is to always have the attachments zipped. there is no option to enable/disable from what I&#39;ve seen.

clocker
09-08-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@4 September 2003 - 15:58

good one i had to figure that damn thing out myself long time ago, funny thing was i kept trying to uninstall the outlook but ofcourse its not possible :lol:
This might help, Musleman. (http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=302)

Wolfmight
09-08-2003, 03:33 AM
friend might just have a virus.

I never got that at all

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by clocker+7 September 2003 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 7 September 2003 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@4 September 2003 - 15:58

This might help, Musleman. (http://www.tweakxp.com/display.aspx?id=302) [/b][/quote]
i got that but the crack i have uploads, but says there are no updates available, and then when i go to outlook tweak it says run updates, ;) i have not been able to find a better crack or serial so far ;)