PDA

View Full Version : IRC Download scripts ??

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Ok are there any scripts that can directly download from the Pre/Release channel?
I am basically looking for a script that would pick up the site URL for the new releases from the channel and download the torrent file from that URL and then start downloading it in u/r/wTorrent ..
Do suck scripts exist which can be easily modified for different trackers? I knw BMTV has one but i was looking for some other .

integral
09-23-2008, 07:41 AM
A lot of trackers have their own scripts for things like that. It's hard to use one script for every tracker, as each tracker announces differently; so unless you have some basic regex knowledge, you should try looking in those tutorial sections. :D

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
does one exist for HDbits .. cuz i am mainly searching a script for that tracker ...I didnt find one in the forums :unsure:

Raban
09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
does one exist for HDbits

it would be 100% possible to create one based on the HDbits IRC channel... their announce in the channel contains enough info for it to be done...

i dunno if one exists but you should create it for yourself... that's what i do whenever i need such a thing for a torrent site... i find programming to be a very challenging and rewarding skill....

good luck and no i won't make it for you.

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 09:01 AM
does one exist for HDbits

it would be 100% possible to create one based on the HDbits IRC channel... their announce in the channel contains enough info for it to be done...

i dunno if one exists but you should create it for yourself... that's what i do whenever i need such a thing for a torrent site... i find programming to be a very challenging and rewarding skill....

good luck and no i won't make it for you.
Thanks for the info .. so wud i have to start from scratch or is there a base source code that i can use maybe ..

TidusBlade
09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
You might wanna ask in the HDBits IRC, maybe someone already made one and is willing to share it?

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 11:05 AM
i am kinda IRC averse .. they might just decide to ban me :fear:

jasperr
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
why not just use rss filters to download... Oo

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
its not there in HDbits :bag:

jasperr
09-23-2008, 12:39 PM
then they must suck ass, if they don't have rss setup lmao

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
i knw man .. You cant just sit and wait for a fucking release :frusty:

Vitality
09-23-2008, 01:47 PM
i knw man .. You cant just sit and wait for a fucking release :frusty:

lol

kukushka
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
hmmm... they have rss feed aren't they? or 5 min waiting it's too much? :)

apextwin146
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
ok if they have a RSS feed can someone provide me with a link ..

slayer2005
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Scc has 1 i used to use,most of the time id be the 1st on the torrent.
its a gr8 way to build ur ratio.

Raban
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
ok if they have a RSS feed can someone provide me with a link ..

http://hdbits.org/getrss.php

kondrae
09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
ya, hdbits has rss.
you can find the rss link at 'sitename'/links.php on most sites

apextwin146
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
i was looking for base script which i could modify ...
thanks for responding though

redMonster
09-24-2008, 12:35 PM
IRC is used to download automatically from the torrent site, if you don't know already. so he doesn't have to wait or manually intervene. Everything is automatic.

kukushka
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
IRC is used to download automatically from the torrent site, if you don't know already. so he doesn't have to wait or manually intervene. Everything is automatic.
so does rss, but with some delay

Raban
09-24-2008, 04:55 PM
if you don't know already.

:rolleyes:

RSS is automatic as well...

apextwin146
09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
yes and i want to get rid of the delay .. ppl are already seeding with their freaking seedbox before its even listed on the site

Roark
09-25-2008, 03:55 AM
There's a sample posted on ScT's forums.

It's not all that easy to modify for other sites, particularly those that require cookie authentication like hdbits. If you're on ScT, PM me here.

kukushka
09-25-2008, 08:06 AM
yes and i want to get rid of the delay .. ppl are already seeding with their freaking seedbox before its even listed on the site
if 5 minutes does matter for you then you have such a bad connection that these 5 minutes won't help you. hdbits is fast but a lot slower than sct in general and to have a good ratio there without worrying about these 5 minutes is crazy easy. but if you'll find couple of days to make a working script for hdbits, plz share it, ppl will be grateful :)

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
i will try and build one to the best of muy potensial .. working in one of the top most software company would work to my advantage if i cud just find ppl who r gud with scripts .. I wish it was dotnet or java .. i wud have maxxed it then ..
As for the connection even if u r downloading a 700mb/1gb 720p episode on a seedbox with 4mbps it wud take that much time only ..

kukushka
09-25-2008, 08:56 AM
i will try and build one to the best of muy potensial .. working in one of the top most software company would work to my advantage if i cud just find ppl who r gud with scripts .. I wish it was dotnet or java .. i wud have maxxed it then ..
As for the connection even if u r downloading a 700mb/1gb 720p episode on a seedbox with 4mbps it wud take that much time only ..
yeah, but if you'll happen to let's say partial seed some blu-ray (they're all halfleech at least), you won't have to worry about several next 1gb episodes :) ..not mentioning that only bonuses can get you about 20gb/month which can be quite useful if the connection is relatively slow

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
yeah, but if you'll happen to let's say partial seed some blu-ray (they're all halfleech at least), you won't have to worry about several next 1gb episodes :) ..not mentioning that only bonuses can get you about 20gb/month which can be quite useful if the connection is relatively slow
Granted but there is no harm is making/searching a script right? :unsure:

users
09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
if other sites have better pre-times than hdbits, isn't rss or whatever 100 percent pointless.....

kukushka
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Granted but there is no harm is making/searching a script right? :unsure:
of course, to make a good script would be a very useful thing to do:cool:

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 10:23 AM
if other sites have better pre-times than hdbits, isn't rss or whatever 100 percent pointless.....
looks like you put a lot of thought into that .. Now dont be shy and tell me your IQ ..
Suppose ,If sites like gft get a particular episode earlier and u download it, then through the HDbits RSS when u get the same episode wont u be a seeder on it already? :O:mellow:

users
09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
looks like you put a lot of thought into that .. Now dont be shy and tell me your IQ ..
Suppose ,If sites like gft get a particular episode earlier and u download it, then through the HDbits RSS when u get the same episode wont u be a seeder on it already? :O:mellow:

huh?.so you use rss for gst as well??.

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 10:36 AM
GFT ...
Yes
i was merely trying to show that RSS isnt pointless even if a site has slow pre time ..

F.B.I
09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Configure RSS to search for new releases every 1 min, in spite of 5.

HDbits isn't ScT, so you don't need to be so fast grabbing a torrent, it's pointless.

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 11:23 AM
^ how do you configure that?

F.B.I
09-25-2008, 11:25 AM
^ how do you configure that?

"Options"; "Preferences"; "Advanced"; "rss.update_interval" Set this last one to 1.

apextwin146
09-25-2008, 11:30 AM
^ but dont trackers BAN you for that? Just out of curiousity cuz i heard that BMTV surely bans you for this as it increases the load on the server ..

F.B.I
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Never had any troubles with that.

Raban
09-25-2008, 07:41 PM
^ but dont trackers BAN you for that? Just out of curiousity cuz i heard that BMTV surely bans you for this as it increases the load on the server ..

absolutely correct... 1 minute update interval is INSANITY and *will* get you banned from the top tier trackers..

you can probably pull that shit with some lower level like "Tophos" or "FunFile" and have no problems...

try that on bitmetv and see how long your account lasts.

btw its just common sense imagine 10,000 users all running with an RSS of 1 minute... the tracker webserver would be getting hit with 166 requests A SECOND !

Buttmonkey
09-25-2008, 08:07 PM
"Options"; "Preferences"; "Advanced"; "rss.update_interval" Set this last one to 1.

rss.update_interval (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/#rss.update_interval): This option sets the length of time µTorrent should wait between each RSS feed update check. This value is interpreted in minutes, so please enter it as such. Any value below 5 will be ignored, and 5 will be used instead.

Never had any troubles with that.

i wonder why :whistling

F.B.I
09-25-2008, 08:47 PM
lol Buttmonkey, I'm sorry then.

@Raban

The way you made your point talking about tracker levels... It's absurd.

Raban
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
It's absurd.

no more absurd than you advocating people set their RSS to 1 minute interval.