PDA

View Full Version : what's up with what?

pharaoh
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
what seems to be dragging ass for me. anyone else having this issue? now it's not even loading. did the rumor of it shutting down come true?

c0njur
09-24-2008, 03:47 PM
wont load for me either

kukushka
09-24-2008, 03:52 PM
you wanna be a champion of starting stupid threads? there is one dedicated for trackers down. and there's a irc at what.cd to find out what's happening

silvertec
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
the issue is a datacentre ddos

flashback3r
09-24-2008, 05:56 PM
you wanna be a champion of starting stupid threads? there is one dedicated for trackers down. and there's a irc at what.cd to find out what's happening

I think he wanted to show his funny topic title, and it sure was funny:D

dunson
09-24-2008, 06:00 PM
What's what?

Raban
09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
yes its running VERY slowly ... sad really... things were real good for so long but now .. . . .

i dunno why they keep raising the user cap ... cause obviously the site can't support it. they should drop it to 50k and boot the excess scrubs.

Catcher
09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Running slowly + I didnt get any bonus invites. :cry:

Skiz
09-24-2008, 06:13 PM
yes its running VERY slowly ... sad really... things were real good for so long but now .. . . .

i dunno why they keep raising the user cap ... cause obviously the site can't support it. they should drop it to 50k and boot the excess scrubs.

Growth is good for any site. When you have the income that What.cd has, reducing users isn't really the way to go. Especially for a specialty site.

The new servers they bought should easily handle the load.

- An 8-core 3GHz Intel Xeon X5450 CPU
- 32GB of RAM
- 8 15k RPM 73GB hard drives in RAID 10

Give it a day or two for them to get all set up, and the difference should be obvious.

internazionale 1908
09-24-2008, 07:11 PM
with the new server is going to support until 100 000 users... so is wait for better days

cheers

pharaoh
09-24-2008, 07:15 PM

words are only as stupid as the genius that reads them...

thanks for the nfo.

Skiz
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
You wanna be a champion of starting stupid threads? There is one dedicated for trackers down, and there's an IRC at What.cd to find out what's happening.

Fixed.

Try not to look like a simpleton when attempting to insult another member.

Better yet, piss off and stop trolling.

Barbarossa
09-25-2008, 08:33 AM
You wanna be a champion of starting stupid threads? There is one dedicated for trackers down, and there's an IRC at What.cd to find out what's happening.

Fixed.

You're correcting punctuation, and yet you are happy to leave "wanna" alone :lol:

genious :pinch:

kukushka
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM

I think he wanted to show his funny topic title, and it sure was funny:D
i thought that for asking about the status of the tracker it would be appropriate to use a specifically dedicated thread and for games with homonyms & paronyms better place would be at lounge and for mentioning some strange rumours while there were obvious sources for the status information better place would be a trashcan... i was completely wrong with that, my apologies, mod told me about it with a words that seems that he would like to see as a standart at this forum. okay :)

Skiz
09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Fixed.

You're correcting punctuation, and yet you are happy to leave "wanna" alone :lol:

I considered changing it, but decided against it. "Wanna" is commonplace enough that I felt it could remain. :mellow:

Jiggles
09-25-2008, 11:54 AM

I considered changing it, but decided against it. "Wanna" is commonplace enough that I felt it could remain. :mellow:

Im loving the drama, carry on with all this carry on.

wheeloftime
09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Fixed.

:noes:

Catcher
09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
What's they're IRC channel and how to get into it?

Barbarossa
09-25-2008, 12:08 PM

Oh you dopey lemon, you didn't fall for that did you :geptardrod:

wheeloftime
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Oh you dopey lemon, you didn't fall for that did you :geptardrod:

You're an evil genious!

kukushka
09-25-2008, 01:11 PM
What's they're IRC channel and how to get into it?
if you're a member, there's an article in wiki on what.cd, search for irc.
anyway
IRC Server: irc.what-network.net
Port: 6667 (6697 SSL)
information on fst about their irc is outdated, i know exactly why. because mods are busy. you see with which actions :happy:

Jiggles
09-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Oh you dopey lemon, you didn't fall for that did you? :geptardrod: