PDA

View Full Version : Posts..

users
09-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't know if its me or if the posting seem to be abit buggy now...

Barbarossa
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Can you be any more vague?

Skiz
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I think he means the board is lagging when attempting to post. A problem I am also seeing.

Sometimes I cannot post at all and get the "newreply.php" (or something else) download box.

Skiz
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I think he means the board is lagging when attempting to post. A problem I am also seeing.

Sometimes I cannot post at all and get the "newreply.php" (or something else) download box.

users
09-24-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah, you just illustrated the problem I think....

JPaul
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
yeah, you just illustrated the problem I think....

JPaul
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
WTF happened there.

C-mos
09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
same happens to me ..

Skiz
09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
same happens to me ..

Alien5
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Now returning you to the thread...
click here if your browser doesn't forward you automatically or something........

Something Else
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Now returning you to the thread...
click here if your browser doesn't forward you automatically or something........

What a vague message for a bored to give.

tesco
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Next time I get a chance to I will be talking with our main tech support guy to try and find a solution for this.
Basically every time someone does a search, which usually can take up to 30 seconds, the board stops accepting new posts or post edits, until the search ends...
The best solution might be to try and make it so searches are done on one server while the rest is done from the other. But that will take a lot of work to set up...
Might also try and ask Brian (site owner) what he does to fix this on his other sites.
It apparantly happens to every forum once they reach 2.5 million posts and gets worse and worse as the posts increase...

edit: Will also talk to them about the 'forbidden 403' issues as well.

JPaul
09-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Next time I get a chance to I will be talking with our main tech support guy to try and find a solution for this.
Basically every time someone does a search, which usually can take up to 30 seconds, the board stops accepting new posts or post edits, until the search ends...
The best solution might be to try and make it so searches are done on one server while the rest is done from the other. But that will take a lot of work to set up...
Might also try and ask Brian (site owner) what he does to fix this on his other sites.
It apparantly happens to every forum once they reach 2.5 million posts and gets worse and worse as the posts increase...

edit: Will also talk to them about the 'forbidden 403' issues as well.

Thank fuck people who want to disrupt the board aren't reading that.

peat moss
09-25-2008, 01:53 AM
How come its good one week then fucked up the next ? I post and get a redirect one minute then try to search new posts and all hell breaks out .

Fire the tech guy if this was a pay site we be fucked . :P

Skiz
09-25-2008, 01:54 AM
How come its good one week then fucked up the next ? I post and get a redirect one minute then try to search new posts and all hell breaks out .

Did you read what rossco posted?

peat moss
09-25-2008, 01:56 AM

Did you read my edit ?

Sorry Skizo not meaning to be a puke , I can understand the frustration . If we did n't care we would n't post . I should of read it closer .

Disme
09-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Thank fuck people who want to disrupt the board aren't reading that.

:lol::lol::lol:

Searching is disabled now so I guess they did read it!

Skiz
09-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Did you read my edit ?

Sorry Skizo not meaning to be a puke , I can understand the frustration . If we did n't care we would n't post . I should of read it closer .

No worries. I wasn't sure you'd read his post and it looked like that was related to what you were saying.

PS - If you're still having issues with your skin changing, clearing my cookies fixed it for me.

tesco
09-25-2008, 10:12 PM
PS - If you're still having issues with your skin changing, clearing my cookies fixed it for me.That's always the solution.;)

peat moss
09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Will try that, I forgot I have cookies saved for FST in Ccleaner .

Yep that seems to have fixed it , funny how its the simple things sometimes .