PDA

View Full Version : Failed To Start

Pitbul
09-05-2003, 12:42 AM
Ok when ever i restart everything is fine then Windows acts like it starts to load then i just get a black screen.when i shut down my Computer and start it up again it says Windows was not able to start and it gives me the option to "Start Windows Normaly" "Start From The Last Good Setup" and Three other ones to start in Safe Mode Network or Prompt.the only way i can get it to load windows is if i put my Windows XP CD boot from disk and do a FIX Boot and get restarting it till it gives me a break and loads again. does anyone know what might be causing this? it didn't start doing this until a week or 2 ago all i installed was a sound card.also it accidently came unplugged last week.

Acecool
09-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Did it short out?
Is the battery still alive in your mainboard?
Is the Ram ok? etc...

Pitbul
09-05-2003, 02:21 AM
i would assume i mean im the computer right now.

clocker
09-05-2003, 04:00 AM
If you still have System Restore enabled you could try going back to an earlier restore point and work forward from there.

If that doesn't work I should think you have two options.

If you know what you're doing ( and I surely don't) you may be able to find what the conflict is and resolve it.

Or you can format/install.

balamm
09-05-2003, 04:12 AM
remove the sound card.

In safe mode with command prompt, type c:>chkdsk /r and enter. If it wants to do it next time it restarts, say yes.

If it repairs itself and restarts, remove the sound card drivers and disable it if it still shows in the device manager.
You can try other drivers if this works.