PDA

View Full Version : Newsleecher??

Bobbi32
09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
I was using newsleecher there for a long time now all of a sudden i can't use it no more. If I can't use it no more is there something else someone can suggest i can use to download NZB files with that i don't have to pay for a membership to use. Please someone help:cry:

Skiz
09-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Alt.Binz is great. :)

Bobbi32
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
is it like newsleecher where you have to put in server links in

Windy72
09-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Alt.Binz is great. :)

Works for me a real treat.

is it like newsleecher where you have to put in server links in

Sorry Bobbi not used newsleecher. I have no clue what your are saying here. Server links what do you mean?

Bobbi32
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
i dont know if that is what it is called it was a link u put in to download from that alt. Binz you cant download i am stuck using utorrents and it is a pain and takes forever

so how do i get this Alt.Binz????

ok scratch what i said lol i got alt.binz now how do u get it o connect i downloaded nzb and clicked connect but nothin

mbucari1
09-26-2008, 12:38 AM
i dont know if that is what it is called it was a link u put in to download from that alt. Binz you cant download i am stuck using utorrents and it is a pain and takes forever

so how do i get this Alt.Binz????

ok scratch what i said lol i got alt.binz now how do u get it o connect i downloaded nzb and clicked connect but nothin

This Might Help You (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_overvw.html)

Bobbi32
09-26-2008, 01:16 AM
i just want to know how to use Alt.Binz and how to get it to connect

saulin
09-26-2008, 02:57 AM
I actually started using alt.binz and it has the features newsleecher has. Although it's easier to use Newsleecher. But yeah alt.binz works great and has built in search engines like the supersearch in newsleecher although I'm not sure if it's as good. You can also use the newsleecher supersearch in alt.bins but you need to have purchased Newsleecher in which case there is not really any point to use alt.binz.

Alt.Binz is free and you can find the 0.28.2 update on some warez sites or Usenet. My Newsleecher expires in 3 days and if I can't find a 100% working version with the SuperSearch feature I might just use Atl.Binz instead.

Skiz
09-26-2008, 05:23 AM

Can you be more specific?

Have you put your server login info in, etc?

What have you done thus far?

Windy72
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Bobbi firstly click connect..ok sounds obvious but less obvious is to make sure you have not paused the download so click on pause to unpause once you connected it should start. I assume you have entered your server details etc..:naughty:

Bobbi32
10-05-2008, 10:43 PM
that is what i can't find or and the one i have doesn't work anymore (news-server.cinci.rr.com)

and would it make a difference that i am on a laptop using wireless network?

And i figured out how to connect lol i was having a blonde moment.

Windy72
10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
that is what i can't find or and the one i have doesn't work anymore (news-server.cinci.rr.com)

and would it make a difference that i am on a laptop using wireless network?

And i figured out how to connect lol i was having a blonde moment.

If you do not know if your NSP account works then there is little point in blaming the newsreader.:noes:

Bobbi32
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
U missed what i was asking. I know that the server i was using was down I was just asking if me using a wireless network would be the reason that it wasnt connecting and downloading.
Long story short trying to use alt.binz i know how to get it to connect but it wont download. It acts like it wants to but it keeps restarting like it is suck. thats why i asked if it matters if you have a direct connection or using wireless.

Windy72
10-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Never had any issues with a wireless on usenet. But nowadays I do use a plug in modem as I could not get on with the wireless thing on emule I could never connect to KAD despite portforwarding also other p2p apps had some issues, Happy with my plug in ADSL modem these days.