PDA

View Full Version : Burning A Movie

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 01:26 AM
ok you two! lol i downloaded nero that day u told me to, but now when i go to burn still says to large, so i go into overburn option but i dont know what number to put in here!

any advice would be helpful! lol :( :) :unsure:

Dee

balamm
09-05-2003, 01:50 AM
Moving to software >>

The overburn option is a bit useless im my opinion. The best you cansafely do is about 3 - 5 mb. I've found that converting the file with WinIso will sometimes help. Or, you may need to do some trimming to make it fit. If it's a movie, edit out a minute or so of the credits if you have to.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 01:55 AM
HEY BALAAM! ok callum said that i could just burn it that way but i dont c where i can even put a overburn number, im using nero 6 ultra edition, and the file has no credits it actually ends right when credits are supposed to roll, and if i do do something with winiso or something what do i do there?

thanks so much

Dee

callum
09-05-2003, 02:00 AM
In nero are you choosing to burn it as vcd, when the options come up at the start?

I'm still using nero 5, so i'm not too sure of the layout. :D

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:00 AM
If you encoded it yourself, you won't have an image to convert. If you downloaded it, Just open winiso and use the convert to iso function. I've had 705 mb files come out of conversion at 403 with nothing lost at all. Go figure!
even a so called ISO is sometimes not standard and winiso will corect it or remove empty space from it. Nero should be asking if you'd like to enable overburn at your own risk. There would be an options box pop up with an input box for the overburn limit.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:03 AM
ok i went to video cd? thats the only opton in the nero 6 edition, and its annalyzing the file. how are you guys? lol but ok now its done analyzing and it is saying its in the 800 mb zone and the color is red! im so mad because i never had this happen before i have downloaded dvd rips lots of times and never have i went through this!

Dee

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:05 AM
and if i use winiso how long does it take to encode a movie?

Dee

callum
09-05-2003, 02:07 AM
How big is the file when you check the size normaly?
I can't remember from before. :D

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:12 AM
ok when i right click on the file and go to properties, windows tells me its 703 MB and the movie is clueless lol i know i know spare the jokes! lol but i dont want to watch this on my dvd player cause i dont have one, just in my computer and does vcd decrease movie quality?

Dee
u guys thanks for ur help :)

callum
09-05-2003, 02:15 AM
Nero should be able to burn a file that is 703MB without any problem.
If you aren't going to be using it in a dvd player you may be as well just to burn it as data.
I don't know if it will help, worth a try though.

What format is it in just now avi or mpg?

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:17 AM
You don't need to do anything to watch it on your computer. Just open it with whatever player you use. If you want to save it to CD, just burn it as data. Still too big? Use roxio 6(?) which can span the movie accross multiple CD's. 2 in this case.

WinISO doesn't encode, it converts images to true ISO images. Or extracts them to a folder. That's all.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:17 AM
avi and ive been trying to burn it as a data disc but it wont do it! should i try and go back to nero 5? and i c something about can damage ur cd drive is this true?

Dee

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:19 AM
No, don't go back. Do you have the full nero ultra or the small one from dred?

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:20 AM
and for some reason roxio wont work under windows xp with my computer, even with the patches but i can try again i just dont get why this movie is so damn specail i mean it shouldnt be this hard, i burned resident evil, jay and silent bob strike back, pretty woman, the goonies, the lord of the rings two towers, wich all by the way were dvd rips without any problem in click n burn pro but this one movie is just killing me! lol i know im on both of ur last nerves im sorry :(

Dee

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:21 AM
i downloaded the trial version from the site, and put in a serial number cause the one from kazaa would not extract without one error like in the middle.

Dee

callum
09-05-2003, 02:26 AM
Why can't you burn it as data?

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Did you go back for all the aspi patches and updates for your burner?

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:38 AM
sorry! ok aspi? huh? wherE? and i dont know why this file just wont burn, im going to download roxio 6 like balaam suggested and if that dosent work then i dont know, my memory is to low to keep a file that big on my hard drive, so i dont know, and if i trim it i dont know where i would start, the beginning isnt that full on credits and the end has none, it ends with josh kissing cher so i dont know what to do! should i just forget about the whole thing?

Dee

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:40 AM
there should be a link in nero to the updates. try help or about. there's a bunch of add ons usually

callum
09-05-2003, 02:42 AM
If all else fails, you could always get an avi splitter and burn the movie over two disks. :D

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:45 AM
k well what i will do is i went to the roxio website and read about the product, so imma download it cause i can burn to 2 discs but how will it do this? will i have to split the file or will the program do it automatically? like put it on the two discs or will i have to do a bunch of stuff first?

you have been so patient with this whole problem thanks and the only solution looks like i have to get roxio cd creator 6.

Dee

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:46 AM
oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then? but the Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 still sounds cool though i will get that ne ways, hey is this true?

Keeping data CDs in the dark for two years isn't a good idea. According to the Dutch magazine PC Activesome CD-Rs degrade in months, even at room temperature without sunlight. PC Active tested data disks from 30 manufacturers that were recorded 20 months ago. Several data CDs developed serious errors, or became virtually unreadable. A graphic shows what can happen when CD-Rs are left too long in the drawer. The colours of the CD-R on the right indicate the severity of the errors; white specifies that the disk can be read well, red that it can't be read.
Some manufacturers claim that their CDs are good for at least 10 years, if you keep them out of the sunlight. Some even say that their CDs will last up to a century; but the Dutch test seems to suggest that CD-R is the wrong medium to store photos, music or data files for posterity. It makes you wonder how the various DVD disk formats stack up. PC Active believes that different dye systems used for CD-R disks are the root of the evil. Some dyes are more stable than others. The most stable dyes are used primarily in premium brands. A combination of heat and light and marginal drives also contributes to the deterioration. Higher recording speeds are not the issue.

balamm
09-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Roxio automatically does it for you when you burn data. Maybe video too but I'm not sure on that.

callum
09-05-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by dee_madison2003@5 September 2003 - 02:46
oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then?
You might aswell, could come in handy for other files too.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 02:55 AM
oh avi splitter! i get it, should i try that first then? but the Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 still sounds cool though i will get that ne ways, hey is this true?

Keeping data CDs in the dark for two years isn't a good idea. According to the Dutch magazine PC Activesome CD-Rs degrade in months, even at room temperature without sunlight. PC Active tested data disks from 30 manufacturers that were recorded 20 months ago. Several data CDs developed serious errors, or became virtually unreadable. A graphic shows what can happen when CD-Rs are left too long in the drawer. The colours of the CD-R on the right indicate the severity of the errors; white specifies that the disk can be read well, red that it can't be read.
Some manufacturers claim that their CDs are good for at least 10 years, if you keep them out of the sunlight. Some even say that their CDs will last up to a century; but the Dutch test seems to suggest that CD-R is the wrong medium to store photos, music or data files for posterity. It makes you wonder how the various DVD disk formats stack up. PC Active believes that different dye systems used for CD-R disks are the root of the evil. Some dyes are more stable than others. The most stable dyes are used primarily in premium brands. A combination of heat and light and marginal drives also contributes to the deterioration. Higher recording speeds are not the issue.

callum
09-05-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by dee_madison2003@5 September 2003 - 02:55
hey is this true?

I hope not :lol:
Maybe I should start letting my cds get some fresh air, maybe let them sit by the window when it's nice outside.:lol:
Don't thinks it's true

balamm
09-05-2003, 03:03 AM
They almost make it sound like you should leave them in the sunlight. Just poor writing I think.

The rest may well be true.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 03:04 AM
lol oh guess what? with avi splitter i took out the beginning and it didnt delete the part out of the original file just left it there
so is this how its supposed to be or do i need to watch in slo motion then do it that way? lol cause 2 discs would be sorta a waste cause the second would only have like 24 seconds of film on it lol

Dee

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 03:09 AM
well im getting more and more confused i just think they are trying to get people to think that cd-r's arent safe not to use them cause they will just stop working i have some discs that have been burnt for over a year now and i use them sometimes or every now and then

Dee

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 03:17 AM
well guys i think im going to go to bed now, i have to go to school in the morning, i will message both of you tomorrow k?

Nite
also thanks for all ur help ur such great friends and friendly at that

Dee

ter123
09-05-2003, 03:24 AM
That's your problem! your using a demo version nero ultra 6 doesn't allow you to edit your vcd to two disks. It's just their tease version so you'll go out and buy it
I'm going thru the same thing myself. Sometime over the next few days I'll put out the nero 6 you need with code. So hang in there

balamm
09-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by dee_madison2003@5 September 2003 - 04:17

Nite
also thanks for all ur help ur such great friends and friendly at that

Dee
And I is cute to!!!

firefox
09-05-2003, 04:20 AM
you were saying that he should cut out the credits at the end, what software can we use for that, and what avi spitter do you recommend.

balamm
09-05-2003, 04:25 AM
Tmpg can trim. Just do a "no re-encode" There are others but TMPGEncoder plus is probably the easiest to use. Use the source range function and save it half at a time if you want to split.

dee_madison2003
09-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Good Morning America!

thanks Ter123 that would help a bunch but my roxio cd creator 6 is almost done but i would still download that :) um balaam ur cute! :rolleyes: AAAAAHHHH! lol u guys are so crazy i will talk to you after school, yeh u heard that school, borrrrrrrrrring, lol

bye :P :D ;)

Dee