PDA

View Full Version : Where to download 5.1 channel music? (DVD-Audio, SACD)

GoldStoNe
09-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm curious about these 5.1 channel music recordings in DVD Audio and SACD as well as DTS audio. I want to try before buying. Which tracker has the full DVD Audio and SACD ISO? I found some in what.cd but they are in FLAC format and not in 5.1 channel (?).

Thanks in advance! :)

tehrani20
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
waffles
what.cd

puckface
09-26-2008, 01:15 PM
waffles
what.cd

not much of a selection at either...

TheManMKD
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Bit-HDTV has quite a few DVD-Audio's.

db_la_23
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
ya bit-hdtv has it

tiolewis
09-26-2008, 08:29 PM
HD-Bits.ro also

GoldStoNe
09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys! Found some DVD Audios in Bit-HDTV and DTS recordings in HD-bits. I'll also try some 5.1 ch FLAC rips of DVD-A and SACD in what and waffles. It seems interest in these kind of music are few...

vfreak
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
These are the places (in the torrent world, anyway) where you will find full ISOs of DVD-Audio rips and SACD transfers, and DTS of course.

demonoid.com
torrents.ru (all in Russian, I'm afraid, and extremely hard to navigate as a result, even with google translate)
hdtracker.ru (again, in russian only)
Pedro's BTMusic TRACKER

Yes, it is frustrating that What & Waffles will not allow people to upload DVD-A etc in their original ISO but as flac only. W&W are mainly CD/vinyl rip sites and do not understand the advanced DVD-A format at all (and the fact that it has frickin menus, oh and btw ripping DVD-A to flac is less reliable than sharing the original ISO, they're so strict about CD ripping with EAC yet ironically they don't care about ripping hi res formats with perfect accuracy).

If you want to dig deeper, this is the mecca

http://groups.google.com/group/SurroundSound
http://mojaveproductions.blog.com/

The_Martinator
01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I remember hearing something of a tracker dedicated to such music and HD movies in the making. I'll PM you as soon as I find something.

mbewe
01-30-2009, 06:10 PM
DVDQuorum - about 1500 music DVD`s sure you find something interesting in good quality ..,

DVDSeed - Polish DVD site about 350 MDVD`s

and for example - dimeadozen,

btw. music-vids also :D

vfreak
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I remember hearing something of a tracker dedicated to such music and HD movies in the making. I'll PM you as soon as I find something.
Yes, I talked to one of the recruiters of B* ...it sounds interesting. Haven't joined it yet, I think I will very soon...we'll all hear about it soon enough...but I doubt it will be the best place for DVD-A and SACD...well, who knows, no one can predict the future.

The best place at the moment (at least, if you're a staunch torrententer and won't try other methods to get what you really want), is torrents.ru...it's just all in frickin Russian and it's frustrating to try and use...although, many thanks to the russians they're doing a great job, no doubt! :thumbsup:

Some of the other places I hinted at are on par though and they're english-speaking...another place where' you'll find an occasional one (it's rapidshare though) is avaxhome.ws - check out the extreme HQ (http://avaxhome.ws/music/format_bitrate/extreme_hq) tag.

DVDQuorum - about 1500 music DVD`s sure you find something interesting in good quality ..,

DVDSeed - Polish DVD site about 350 MDVD`s

and for example - dimeadozen,

btw. music-vids also :D

I'm assuming you know the difference between music video and DVD-Audio...completely different...I'll try out those places you mentioned though...you never know. it's only from persistent searching that you find some of these places...