PDA

View Full Version : how much do you spend on torrents each month?

dunson
09-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Simple question, how much do you spend on torrents each month?

I spend over $100 a month, which is disgusting. I'm going to drop the seedbox and keep my warez cheap from now on.

ryan20021982
09-26-2008, 11:01 PM
$60 for seedbox and the continuing expenses of more hdd's...lol

I cant complain for what I get each month

not a pirate
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM
$30

for my high speed connection.

IdolEyes787
09-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Less than I can afford but more than makes sense.

EyeCandy
09-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow, why would you spend that much on a seedbox....hmmm, how about you donate to the site, you know 5 dollars for 5 gigs, type of deal....

integral
09-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Nothing, since I make sure the seedbox I use manages to pay for itself. :D

colbert
09-27-2008, 04:05 AM
I used to spend $50-60 a month for a seedbox. Life got more complicated lately though, so I dropped it.

users
09-27-2008, 04:22 AM
so much for free content....

ceasar
09-27-2008, 04:29 AM
0. I just pay for internet access, but it doesn't count, since I use it for many things, not just torrents.

lubu
09-27-2008, 04:34 AM
$20 per month on my home connection...

Scavenger
09-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Money spent? Are you kidding me? lol. I just pay for me Internet Access, nothing else.

tX
09-27-2008, 05:08 AM
nothing, aside from my internet access

Detale
09-27-2008, 05:43 AM
WOW with all due respect YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! I never understood the point of seedboxes one bit. If you are going to speand ANY money at all get a news server with unlimited download for about $15-$20 a month and use NZB's they are the same rls's maximum DL speeds all the time. NO seeders NO leechers and you don't have to worry about a ratio or hit and run or ANY BT bullshit. We have a HUGE banner at the top of the page for Giganews. They have a free trial 3 days 10 gigs try it for free and see if you like it. As soon as I tried I can't go back now.Look into it man.

soulreaper
09-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Just my internet connection man!

Cabalo
09-27-2008, 05:59 AM
i pay for my internet access and the DVD cakes. that should be around 50€ month.
if i were to spend money, i'd go as detale said.
I had a seedbox during 3 months and it was the most useless thing i ever seen. it would have been cheaper to donate to a major tracker (or even 2). And trust me, some trackers cover more that 95% of any user's needs.

ericab
09-27-2008, 06:14 AM
WOW with all due respect YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! I never understood the point of seedboxes one bit. If you are going to speand ANY money at all get a news server with unlimited download for about $15-$20 a month and use NZB's they are the same rls's maximum DL speeds all the time. NO seeders NO leechers and you don't have to worry about a ratio or hit and run or ANY BT bullshit. We have a HUGE banner at the top of the page for Giganews. They have a free trial 3 days 10 gigs try it for free and see if you like it. As soon as I tried I can't go back now.Look into it man.

i felt the same way about NG's....

....untill i got serious, and got a seedbox.... and the best trackers around.

ive been with NG's about 3 years now;
and i wont look back....
....now that i got my 100/100mbit dedicated line, and some of the best selection and speed avaliable ;)

yogsothoth
09-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Around 40€. My home connection and some dvd cakes.

Crutavv
09-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Money spent? Are you kidding me? lol. I just pay for me Internet Access, nothing else.

+1
-
get shits for free :happy:

integral
09-27-2008, 07:53 AM

I was thinking of getting NG access just for obscure stuff I can't find on torrent sites, but I have no clue how it works, so I might just stick to making requests :D

s_player
09-27-2008, 08:04 AM
About 20$. I pay only for my internet connection and that's all

Detale
09-27-2008, 08:31 AM

i felt the same way about NG's....

....untill i got serious, and got a seedbox.... and the best trackers around.

ive been with NG's about 3 years now;
and i wont look back....
....now that i got my 100/100mbit dedicated line, and some of the best selection and speed avaliable ;)

You got serious!? Are you going to move in together then?? :P

OK so are you going to say that you don't get the same EXACT rls's the rest of us do?? Also what are you paying a month? Selection is basically the same on ALL trackers, uber elite or not. Maybe one has slightly better packs or internal rls's but overall the same stuff available. So still not worth it homie sorry to have to break it to you.

I was thinking of getting NG access just for obscure stuff I can't find on torrent sites, but I have no clue how it works, so I might just stick to making requests :D

No clue!? Dude take a few clicks over to our NZB section here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/). VEEEEry easy man. I knew nothing about it either. Basically its the same as downloading torrents but you don't have to seed. You have a client and a NZB thats it :)

Swift
09-27-2008, 08:59 AM
i only pay like 10 euros on my home connection and thats all

kooftspc11
09-27-2008, 09:20 AM

thats because you are one of a kind...a manly mans manly man ;)

aaatoel
09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Nothing really... I never used a seedbox and I don't think I ever will to be sincere. Not because I think it's a bad thing, on the contrary I think it is cool. But I believe that I don't really need it. My 1mbit upload line is more than enough for my needs and I keep my pc running pretty much 24/7 so I am ok with my current situation! :)

Something Else
09-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Selection is basically the same on ALL trackers, uber elite or not. Maybe one has slightly better packs or internal rls's but overall the same stuff available.

That is complete bollocks. Fact. To say that shows incredible ignorance. That may be true of 0day trackers, but that's where it ends. It amazes me how clueless a BT mod can be.
I'm not saying a seedbox is necessary, on the contrary, I don't think it is at all.

IdolEyes787
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Nobody else donates?

Zaxx
09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Always donate to one tracker every 2 months...and my 20/2 connection is $60/mo.

I will never complain...esp since I just recently cataloged DVD #700. :D

I'd say 1/3 of those were Rent, Rip, Return via Netflix. Mostly older movies or top notch movies that I wanted in DVD9 form.

hitman1
09-27-2008, 01:27 PM
i spend nothing

digital_sc4rz
09-27-2008, 02:25 PM
£17.99 for my home connection :)

Motorola
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Cant believe that but I spent £70 per month ( £30 for internet connection and £40 for seedbox).

And some time donation for tracker I love.

Snefclarb
09-27-2008, 02:59 PM
For me it's £22 for a connection and £23 for a seedbox.

redMonster
09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Just my home connection. Sometimes (in a year), I rent a seedbox for a month for 30-40 euros.

Night0wl
09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Expensive slow home connection (around $85 which used to be $175). No way I'll pay extra for a seedbox.

Kyl3KK
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Just my internet connection and DVDs when I need them, but they don't count because I use those for a lot more than warez. When I need a seedbox every once in a while I have friends that take care of me.

slymester
09-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Home connection ($55) and electricity bill ($25)

psxcite
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I've used newgroups for years. Not all of the content on trackers can be found on usenet. For instance, I bet you can't find one thing that's on KG anywhere on usenet.

Don't get me wrong. Usenet is great. It will fill the needs of most people. Personally, I use a hacked modem so I only pay for my blank DVDs.

vanvan
09-27-2008, 05:36 PM
only blank DVD and regular donation to certain torrent sites (around au$ 50), home connection is free, my office paid for it (if only they have blank dvd dual layer too in their storage, that would be awesome) :wink:

S3v3N
09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Home connection 60 shekels / 3.6 = 15$/month .

Magnum
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Almost $20 per month for my home connection.

sleepyy
09-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Have you looked if your isp provides usenet access? i never knew mine did untill somebody with the same isp as me made a thread here anouncing that my isp have a new server then i looked into it it's well worth a look. Apparentely it was running for a while i just never noticed it's a great thing this nbz stuffs.

1 Month of seednoxing should be well enough for the average person to build a nice buffer that will last quite some time maybe a year or so i could not see the point renting one unless.......

givemetv
09-27-2008, 08:12 PM
169 € for my ovh seedbox
59 € for my dsl connection
and
average 30 usd donations

flashback3r
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM
a couple of dollars in donations to my favorite sites:)

kondrae
09-28-2008, 12:58 AM
no seedbox $0
internet connection $0

dont buy any cd's but lots of harddrive space, so u can say
i spent about $150 buck on torrents total

nyimages
09-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Just internet access, totally worth it.

Funkin'
09-28-2008, 02:59 AM
Lol, I don't pay a dollar(except for my internet connection). I would rather pay $13 a month on NG access, with guaranteed speeds, way better privacy, and not having to seed back...than something like $60 a month on a seedbox.

NA_Magus
09-28-2008, 04:27 AM
Just a cable internet connection.
Somewhere between $20-$30 I believe.

lukee
09-28-2008, 05:23 PM
7/1 connection. 30dollars/month

A smart torrenter doesn't need a seedbox ;)

Villain
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
29€ for my home connection.

stefke
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
20euros for net connection
and sometimes i rent a seedbox... about + 30-euros

buggyfresh
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
$60 - cost of my cable internet :)

womanizer
09-29-2008, 12:20 AM
nothing

waeldiab
09-29-2008, 01:51 AM
$95 monthly on my seedbox plus my home connection

ken
09-29-2008, 01:52 AM
not a single penny,isnt torrents supposed to be free :|

dunson
09-29-2008, 02:37 AM

I'm not quite out of my mind. I found torrents and learned them. I now have tremendous buffers, no ratio trackers and basically can leech for free forever now, and could have after using a seedbox for just a month. I used one for almost a year and managed to have a bit of fun, that's all. I still spend twice that on my scotch habit.

That said, I totally acknowledge that all I should be spending is my internet connection plus some donations and obviously dvds to burn.

apextwin146
09-29-2008, 04:57 AM
.I still spend twice that on my scotch habit.

I will drink to that .. What do u have usually ..

jam0980tr
09-29-2008, 05:46 AM
£160 a month for 2 servers and £40 for my home line money isit anything when you working full time like me!!!

FileZ
09-29-2008, 05:59 AM
i am not stupid to spend my mony on something like torrent , we have more important things in our life

Cabalo
09-29-2008, 05:59 AM

I'm not quite out of my mind. I found torrents and learned them. I now have tremendous buffers, no ratio trackers and basically can leech for free forever now, and could have after using a seedbox for just a month. I used one for almost a year and managed to have a bit of fun, that's all. I still spend twice that on my scotch habit.

That said, I totally acknowledge that all I should be spending is my internet connection plus some donations and obviously dvds to burn.
well... if you talk about scotch habits, johnny walker green label has an heavy toll on my purse. I always have a bottle home of that whisky, and also the red label for when i am in those not so wealthy days.

apextwin146
09-29-2008, 06:01 AM
I just shifted to Chivas 15 as i wasnt able to find Green Label in India .. try it its also good ..

IdolEyes787
09-29-2008, 11:39 AM
If you like Johnnie Walker you should give Talisker single malt a go.Great stuff and the predominant blend used in creating Walker.
I prefer Islay myself( Lagavulin ) but Talisker's definitely one of the best of the rest.

dunson
09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
lol at the conversation change. I love JW of course. Lately I've tried to cut down on quantity and enjoy quality single malts so I switch it up a bit, like my last bottle was a simple Glenlivet 12 and now I'm working on a lovely bottle of Macallan Cask Strength.

Cabalo
09-29-2008, 01:57 PM
lol at the conversation change. I love JW of course. Lately I've tried to cut down on quantity and enjoy quality single malts so I switch it up a bit, like my last bottle was a simple Glenlivet 12 and now I'm working on a lovely bottle of Macallan Cask Strength.
LOL had some Glenlivet myself last week at a dinner. Fine silky scotch.
about Talisker, i can't recall having seen it at any shop, but that's a question to put to my local supplier. ;)

by the way, what do you think about Canadian Club? I was looking at a bottle last week or so, but in the end i decided to invest in some Glenmorangie. Excellent scotch, all you malt lovers should give it a try.

Trippin'
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
£8 a month on seedbox.
Then probably about £5-10 on blank CDs, DVDs, etc.

So not bad really. :)

ryan20021982
09-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I think this whole thing depends on what you download also

I download pretty much all my movies in hd except for screener/r5..etc

I wouldnt be able to get what I do each month and keep a good ratio without
a seedbox, I could not get as much but I dont want that.

If you only download say music and dvdrips then I wouldnt have one

dunson
09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I think this whole thing depends on what you download also

I download pretty much all my movies in hd except for screener/r5..etc

I wouldnt be able to get what I do each month and keep a good ratio without
a seedbox, I could not get as much but I dont want that.

If you only download say music and dvdrips then I wouldnt have one

I download DVDs and it is hard to keep on on 3 or 4 dvds at once with a 5mbit upload, especially if even one person has a seedbox.

As for Canadian Club, I have never tried it or any Canadian whiskey.

Eargasm
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I spend 70 bucks a month on my home connection. Admittedly, it is ridiculous, but it gets the job done.

In tough economic times I could see myself going down DSL road and utilizing Usenet more often.

IdolEyes787
09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
by the way, what do you think about Canadian Club? I was looking at a bottle last week or so, but in the end i decided to invest in some Glenmorangie. Excellent scotch, all you malt lovers should give it a try.

Canadian whisky is Rye based so it is sweeter than other brands.
The best of the brands that a widely available are Crown Royal ,Forty Creek,Schenley OFC and Gibson's Finest.
Canadian Club isn't highly regarded unless you happen across a bottle of 100 proof which isn't very likely.

I used to collect malts so I've had just about kind of Glenmorangie.Try the sherry cask if you ever have the chance Cabalo.

Daniel
09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Nothing, from a first look at things.

The truth is though, that there are hidden costs in my hardware and internet connection. For the past year I spent an average monthly of 10-20$ on additional harddrives and if I weren't downloading anything, I'd be just as happy with a smaller bandwidth internet connection, that'll be another 10$ off.

Cabalo
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Canadian whisky is Rye based so it is sweeter than other brands.
The best of the brands that a widely available are Crown Royal ,Forty Creek,Schenley OFC and Gibson's Finest.
Canadian Club isn't highly regarded unless you happen across a bottle of 100 proof which isn't very likely.

I used to collect malts so I've had just about kind of Glenmorangie.Try the sherry cask if you ever have the chance Cabalo.

yesterday i saw Talisker and a bottle costs an hefty 50€ . let me get this month checks and maybe i lose my mind and go for it.

reeve
10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
$40 for a seedbox and another $40 for a ftp account.

danio
10-02-2008, 10:28 AM
$0 unless i donate

Disme
10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I pay € 62,00/month for my internet connection.
That's all.

jeffsdesigns
10-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I used to spend $10 a month with Aradi..but not anymore.

Giallorosso
10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
30$ my home connection

curtanwoo
10-02-2008, 04:08 PM
I pay 0. I would never EVER pay anything more. I'd rather go buy the stuff I download than pay a penny for it.

(I don't count my internet connection because I need it as much as I need a phone and an address.)

I could consider donating to a tracker though.

nbo
10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
wow, crazy stuff...umm...never spent a dime:)

i donated a few time but to help and support some trackers to grow, did not ask/receive anything in return.

ftnftw
10-02-2008, 05:54 PM
All of you who reportedly pay nothing should start supporting your favorite sites by donating.

iV3rsen
10-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I pay 25 eur for 30 Mbps.

vincent8583
10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
30usd for the fiber network

kooftspc11
10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
about as much as i spend on toothpaste....in 37 years

james223
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Pay AU$70 a month for 150gb of bandwidth

kooftspc11
10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Pay AU$70 a month for 150gb of bandwidth

you should get some kneepads

Jδger
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
$40- cable internet

lukee
10-03-2008, 05:49 PM
30$ cable internet. I have donated in the past though. (~10 euro) and am quite ashamed to say that I have bought an ftp account in the past for roughly 50 dollars :S

Tokeman
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
$40 for cable internet. Never owned a seedbox or anything...
I'd be paying that without p2p anyway.

Channer
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Regularly, 29.99 for verizon. Whenever I have extra money I donate to my favorite sites. 10$ here and there is not a lot considering the amount of stuff I get for free of those sites.

puckface
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
about as much as i spend on toothpaste....in 37 years

so.... zero? :P

Gish
10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
30 for Comcast cable and I paid 58 dollars for a modded modem that gives me speeds close to what a seed box does;)

Tokeman
10-03-2008, 11:24 PM
30 for Comcast cable and I paid 58 dollars for a modded modem that gives me speeds close to what a seed box does;)

Watch out, comcasts usage caps just went into effect this month :angry:

Gish
10-04-2008, 02:22 AM
its a modded modem meaning I can change my MAC address and download/upload as much as I like!!

curtanwoo
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
All of you who reportedly pay nothing should start supporting your favorite sites by donating.

I do this, but this is not paying for torrents in my opinion. This is supporting a good cause, so to say. And more importantly, I can do this at my own discretion when I do have some spare cash and feel happy. ;-)

0Ri0N
10-04-2008, 10:07 AM
40€ adsl2+ 24/1

Neoworld
10-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Okay $150AU for my ADSL2+ ISP here in Australia each month for 100GB allowance. I also get included Astraweb and Giganews access for nothing. (Yeah, Yeah I know but this is Australia, and I could get 150GB for half that but then its peak and off peak bullshit for data where the majority of that is between 3-6AM).

So in fact up until last week I have just been using Newsgroups and my private tracker accounts for stuff that misses the NGs in a timely manner which is not much.

I get uncompressed HD movies from NGs that are around 13-15GB a movie, Blu-Rays that are 25GB a movie, and TV show scene releases appear there about 5 minutes after pretime.

But latetly I have gotten bored and bought myself 2 seedboxes. One 100 MB/s w/Debiab and another with Windows and having been messing around with those and have seen my uploads jump from 100GB to 540GB in the last 2 days. It's just an added perk that I can increase my buffers on these sites in case of a rainy day.

So that another 40 Euro and 70 Euro respectively for this month.

Next month I'll probably try a 1Gb/s Kimi for a few months and that should set me for the rest of the year and then I'm just back to my $150AU only for my ISP access with NG access thrown in.

So there you have it.

how much do you spend on torrents each month? - To fucking much ;)

GoldStoNe
10-04-2008, 10:37 AM
This is crazy. I wouldn't get a seedbox. Just donate or spend your money elsewhere.

TheGood
11-07-2008, 02:14 AM
besides my internet connection, nothing :)

Presto
11-07-2008, 06:34 AM
$39,90 for my home connection and that's about it.

BlueLabel
11-07-2008, 06:49 AM
what about donations??
anyone?

Sanka113
11-07-2008, 06:55 AM
About $25-30 a month when I'm either sharing a seedbox or using one with limited bandwidth. Not too bad really.

RD22S
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
about 20 euros a month for the seedbox.

JackLand
11-07-2008, 11:02 AM
i spend about 25€ on my isp, and more 10€ on the box, and more 20€ on dvd, make the calculation this is a bit

wiseD
11-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow, why would you spend that much on a seedbox....hmmm, how about you donate to the site, you know 5 dollars for 5 gigs, type of deal....
PTL sucks dick, thats why :yup:

vobilli
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Occasionally I'll buy a month of Giganews when a cool game comes out and I want it right then, but I usually don't spend anything each month. I do try to donate to my favorite trackers every now and then.. gotta spread the love ;)