PDA

View Full Version : Riaa To Announce Amnesty For File Sharing

the_faceman
09-05-2003, 05:13 AM
News (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030905/ap_on_hi_te/downloading_music)

james_bond_rulez
09-05-2003, 05:17 AM
damn RIAA Nazis, we'll never surrender!!!!!

Renegade720
09-05-2003, 06:08 AM
lol who wants to sign? :lol:

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 09:53 AM
lmao.. this is like when the germans wanted the 101st airborne to surrender at the battle of the bulge.

Micgem
09-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Dream on RIAA!!!

MetroStars
09-05-2003, 12:43 PM
the RIAA r just not in this earth...

they should do sum sort of Amnesty 4 the way the price music

Meehowski
09-05-2003, 12:46 PM
To hell with them........

:swear:

dirty sanchez
09-05-2003, 12:52 PM
This should be moved tom funny stuff. :D

Acecool
09-05-2003, 01:36 PM
I dont download or share music anyway, its a waste of time, music isnt made like it used to be...

If I like 1 song well I download the song off the radio :-)

Sparkle1984
09-05-2003, 08:30 PM
If someone did actually sign this amnesty, would RIAA go round the person's home to check they have really deleted all the files from their computer? I don't see how it will work.

stonecold1203
09-05-2003, 09:48 PM
*signs up

*increases amount of songs to be shared

LoneGypsy
09-06-2003, 02:38 AM
When I read this RIAA Amnesty thing I couldn't believe it. Like this is supposed to make me want to send them a form of photo ID, and beg their big ass forgiveness. :lol:

Please, how about I give them my cell #, and the name of my favorite bar too! :angry:

LoneGypsy
09-06-2003, 02:56 AM
BTW, I agree with Dirty Sanchez, this should be moved to the Funny Stuff.

Adster
09-06-2003, 03:45 AM
all I can say is bring it on :devil: :devil: :devil:

teikyo30
09-06-2003, 11:08 AM
What I don't get, is why do we even have the technology to copy dvds or movies if it's not legal? Does the RIAA mean to tell me that if I own a movie, let's say Psycho, and my friend has Friday the 13th, it isn't legal for us to trade movies? How about if a movie is on HBO and I set my vcr or dvd-r to record some movie? That's not legal either? Why do we have dual cassette decks on radios? So we can play two tapes at once?

The RIAA can jump off a bridge.

J'Pol
09-06-2003, 05:57 PM
LOL

That's feckin' brilliant.

ricochet
09-07-2003, 02:30 AM
LMFAO

nukemdomis
09-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Hey RIAA here's something to think about...........What if your family members(e.g. cousins, aunts or nephews have down loaded music , are you going to call a bust on them too???????? I'm glad im not related to any of you.

I guarantee you that they have................

######the above reason is exactly why I think the whole thing about RIAA
will end up nowhere. Would you charge your own family 150,000 dollars
for each MP3

Broken
09-07-2003, 03:02 AM
It's gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. The only ones that would be interested are those people that have already been "caught," which it doesn't apply to.

javakel
09-07-2003, 03:21 AM
You know, I hate to admit it, but in reference to the whole "would you turn in your own family members" thing...uhhh...I'm sure some would. Some people are just assholes...period...no matter what the cirumstances are. :angry:
And when you start adding issues of money, power (or at least the "appearance" of it), and trying to save one's own sorry ass...the odds just skyrocket.

The whole thing is highly suspect and shady to me. What I find the most ridiculous is the whole "philosophy" behind this damn witch hunt. The RIAA says that the reason they're persuing this is because they're trying to protect recording artists and their respective labels. They're just trying to be "fair". They try to downplay the whole money issue and attach ethics to it. Yeah...it is about money, but they are trying to make us believe that it's about money because it's "wrong to steal from the artists". All I have to say is...stfu...that's a bunch of BS.

It's about money, I'll grant them that, but they don't give a damn about being fair and protecting the interests of recording artists. Think about it...if this were such a big issue about right and wrong and whatnot, then why the hell aren't they executing their little crusade evenly across the board? As others have mentioned...people in the UK and elsewhere aren't being included in this...or at least at this time. This moralistic and righteous platform is a bunch of crap...if it were sincere then NO ONE would be exempt at any time. People in other countries are sharing the same exact files as those in the states....but noooo...they just want to be stupid bastards and enjoy their power trip.

You've got issues RIAA people...no one cares who has the biggest d*ck or can piss the farthest...just let it go man...let it go.

CaresToShare
09-07-2003, 03:50 AM
:ph34r: I hear ya!!! Good Point. Next they will ban taping movies on VHS tapes
from TV Cable.... Doesn't make sense!! We already pay outrageous cable fees since nowadays you can't even get a good reception without cable. Vhs's will be obsolete in a few years
anyway!! What are they going to do when DVD recorders FOR your TV
become more affordable and everyone owns one? What's the difference between
taping on a VHS or on a DVD? Or even downloading from a site other than taping from your TV or a double cd player/burner? Or taping a song using a plain ordinary cassete player off your radio? As with recording movies from cable TV with a VCR, everyone does it for their own PERSONAL library... we don't "sell" them!! How come that's not illegal? And if it was, they better start building jails right away to house multi TRILLIONS of people!! And if the RIAA people want to bitch, well then they could pay for them!! See how they would like that!!! Watch 'em run then!!! As for the recording Artists, they make enough money already...when they're not hanging babies out the window that is,
and if they feel they are getting "ripped off", what about us? How much is a decent music CD anyways. What, $20 - $30 and most people just like ONE song on it!!! Isn't that the reason why radio cassette recorders were invented, what, about 30 years ago? And I hate to admit it... but the stuff
you download from here is NOT like a 100 % perfect and it certainly won't stop people
from BUYING new Dvd's or CD's, now would it? So as far as it affecting their
recording rights, etc... it will affect them just as badly when cassette recorders, Vhs recorders and cable TV were invented. They must be nuts if they can't figure that out!!!! If they're making a big hoo haa over downloading from this site just so someone can enjoy their own personal collection of music or movies...why didn't they do the same with tape cassettes and VHS recorders! What the hell is the difference!!!!!

Well, let's see how the manufacturer's of blank CD's and DVD's
feel about all this... My guess is that they aren't too happy, are they? What about the computer companies with their sales of DVD and CD burners included within
their computers... how are THEY feeling about all this? RIAA PEOPLE... YOU MAY BE BITING OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW... sorry.
:blink:
Ann

NightStalker
09-07-2003, 03:54 AM
I'm going to admit I share songs illegally.

If I were insane.

Live long Kazaa++ :beerchug: