PDA

View Full Version : Have Spotify

fnu
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Need FTN.

About Spotify:

Spotify (http://www.spotify.com/) is serial entrepreneur Daniel Ek new online music start-up. Before I tested it I thought that the world just did not need another online music platform but now that I am using I changed my mind. With a really simple process you download and install their application, just like you download Skype, you login and can listen to all the music you like. Analogies? Spotify is like iTunes but with on-demand. It’s like Joost (http://www.joost.com/), but for music! It´s like Pandora without the need to vote and with your ability to listen to music anytime you want. It´s like Last FM without the community.

http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/screenshots.jpg
At Spotify you listen to what you want when you want but don’t own the music and you don’t pay for music. Knowing what you are listening to and the kind of music you like more, Spotify will eventually serve ads just like a normal radio, but with the added benefit of context and mood targeting.
The application looks just great, really simple, quick, easy. From the main screen you can listen to the Radio, selecting the years and musical genres you’d like to hear. A simple search box lets you find all your favourite artists. At any time you can drag a song to one of your playlists, like you would do on iTunes. You can also click on the name of an artist and read his biography, reviews, listen to his top hits or albums (the database looks huge).
You click on an album and you can listen to it, just like it was on your hard drive. You can also listen to the Artist Radio which will feature music from artists similar to the one you were looking at. It’s probably the best way to discover new music, and it’s addictive! Spotify learns about your listening preferences and recommends you new music in Radio and Artist Radio. It doesn’t have all the social features of services like Last.fm, another really interesting music streaming service, but will soon work with existing social platforms. It’s currently in private beta (https://beta.spotify.com/).

c.han
09-28-2008, 04:22 PM
this is nice,but i think,sportify is weak than ftn.good luck

Thatsgreat
09-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Haha! Did you even read his post? Nice one mate!

fnu
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Spotify invites are more rare than FTN invites. It's kinda hard to compare FTN with Spotify since one is a tracker and the other one a online music service in closed Beta.

apextwin146
09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
bty not to ruin your party but it would be better to tell ppl that they would in fact start a premium service after the Beta is over .. how do u think they are gonna get the money to maintain the Data center and music if its just gonna be a closed community ..

fnu
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
As I replied in the previous thread, all beta accounts are premium during the closed beta. The closed beta period will last for about 1,5 years. If you want early access to spotify you might want a beta invite. But if you want to wait for 1,5 years and then trade with someone that has bought a premium account, be my guest. This is a trade for people that wants to use the best online music service today, and the only way of accessing Spotify is by getting a closed beta invite.

apextwin146
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
oh it seems i missed this information .. i will try to find out if its for 1.5 yrs :)

fnu
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM
The reason for them not opening up is the legal aspect (make agreements with the record companies). So until they have that all sorted, the site will be closed.

fnu
09-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Bump!!

fnu
10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Bump!!

ceasar
10-03-2008, 04:15 AM
I think last.fm pwns Spotify, it's free and better. Also if someone deeper in the music as I am, this website is almost useless anyway, try soulseek ;)

Funkin'
10-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah. Good luck with this.

Disme
10-03-2008, 06:22 AM
At Spotify you listen to what you want when you want but don’t own the music and you don’t pay for music.

With membership to the right music-tracker(s) and/or the use of Soulseek you can also listen to what you want, you would own the music and you wouldn't pay for it neither ... what makes 'Spotify' a rather useless service imo. :wacko:

Thatsgreat
10-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't think most of you get what spotify is. It's a program that is streaming music from servers to your computer. It takes about 2 seconds to stream any song. You get it in lossless quaility, you don't have to maintain any kind of ratio, you don't have to pay for it if you don't mind some minor ads in it. So that like having a libary of lossless music in your computer without it taking up any space on you harddrives.

Tt feels like you have the songs on you computer since there is basicly no loading time for them. You can FF without notice it buffering. And it's all legal! What is there to complain about? And the design is remarkable!

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-anyone-heard-site-272938/page3

C-mos
10-03-2008, 04:50 PM
yep..:)

Thatsgreat is right

I saw a lot of posts before that some members can keep a good ratio on spotify ..haha pwnt ! :P

lolier
10-03-2008, 08:24 PM
yep..:)

Thatsgreat is right

I saw a lot of posts before that some members can keep a good ratio on spotify ..haha pwnt ! :P

spotify is not a tracker, so how come they keep a good ratio in it?