PDA

View Full Version : on a plan with usenet.com want to switch to a decent Provider , suggestions ?

s8n
09-29-2008, 04:48 AM
hi team and mesaman , i am on a plan with www.usenet.com/index.htm its problematic and is apparently one of the worst Providers.

can anyone suggest the top 3 or so Providers ? , id like to get off usenet.com and switch to a decent Prov.

i currently get incomplete/unfinished files with usenet.com and about 100 days retention

any info is sweet

s8n from Australia

from a bunch of searches Giganews seems the way to go , thanks for all pending posts im pretty much ok now and ready to rock and roll

s8n

JustDOSE
09-29-2008, 08:36 PM
they never did me wrong, just email their support

Windy72
09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Top three is

Giganews, Giganews and yup u guessed it Giganews.:shutup:

Use Giganews! You will not be disappointed. I have used several ie easynews and usenet-news.net. Giganews is far superior to both them. But you have to look at your pocket and decide. There are cheaper alternatives such as the aforementioned. Maybe have a giganews account once every three months to catch up on stuff you have missed with lower retention servers. Well as you can see there is only really one choice.:01:

s8n
09-30-2008, 02:17 AM
roger that soldiers , Windy72 hehehehe

yea i might look around at UP's i have missed that my current Provider cant handle (Retention)

thanx for the response and re-confirms team

next project....... World Domination (jokes)

s8n

edit........

what should i choose with the options

YES/NO Terms & Conditions (https://secure.giganews.com/legal/tos_personal.html).
YES/NO Acceptable Use Policy (https://secure.giganews.com/legal/aup.html).

i am going to DL the odd DVD , Gamecube , PS2 game

also is it auto Debit of CC each month ? or do i have to manually pay each month ?

s8n

asmithz
09-30-2008, 06:30 AM
I wouldn't spend so much on a newsgroups provider. $30 a month is a lot to pay for something that most other providers provide the same thing for a fraction of the price. They just don't have the retention giganews has, but who needs that much anyway. But hey if you have the money to spend each month then I guess giganews is worth it.

I'd recommend astraweb. $11 gets you 99%+ completion and 160 day retention. (the retention grows every month) Sure the retention is 80 less then giganews, but the service is just as good and $19 cheaper. That's a $228 saving a year.

imprezawrx
10-01-2008, 07:39 AM
I wouldn't spend so much on a newsgroups provider. $30 a month is a lot to pay for something that most other providers provide the same thing for a fraction of the price. They just don't have the retention giganews has, but who needs that much anyway. But hey if you have the money to spend each month then I guess giganews is worth it.

I'd recommend astraweb. $11 gets you 99%+ completion and 160 day retention. (the retention grows every month) Sure the retention is 80 less then giganews, but the service is just as good and $19 cheaper. That's a $228 saving a year.

yep gotta gree m8, just switched over to astraweb from newshosting & all great so far. max speeds & very little cost. only go with giganews if you want that much retenetion. very dear just to pay for retention tho. astraweb growing every month so for the price its a bargain m8!!

s8n
10-01-2008, 12:17 PM
money money whats money (Seinfeld quote).......i dont need the big boy account just a simple Giganews 25Gig $12.99US a month account thats cheap imo.

quadomatic
10-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Just bought astraweb $11 a month service. On the SSL connection it maxes out my 6MB connection. You can't go wrong with it.

Also being able to pay with PayPal was very convenient.