brotherdoobie
09-29-2008, 08:47 PM
:glag:

I almost feel sorry for her.

-bd

Skiz
09-30-2008, 03:25 AM
My hunch is she'll do just fine.

She's a great speaker and communicator, the likes of which several politicians have admitted to imitating during their own campaigns.

I bet she knocks it out of the park.

brotherdoobie
09-30-2008, 05:01 AM

She's a great speaker and communicator, the likes of which several politicians have admitted to imitating during their own campaigns.

Sarah Palin is entirely unqualified to be the Vice President of the United States. She's feisty and very good at attacking, but her lack of knowledge
concerning national and international issues will become - completely transparent.

-bd

Skiz
09-30-2008, 05:42 AM

Sarah Palin is entirely unqualified to be the Vice President of the United States. She's feisty and very good at attacking, but her lack of knowledge
concerning national and international issues will become - completely transparent.

-bd

I won't argue that she's unqualified. I actually couldn't agree more.

However, suggesting that she'll get pummeled in a debate is unrealistic given her various outstanding speaking abilities.

brotherdoobie
09-30-2008, 06:43 AM

-bd

However, suggesting that she'll get pummeled in a debate is unrealistic given her various outstanding speaking abilities.

nokTjEdaUGg

:pinch:

-bd :mellow:

Skiz
09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
That must be the only fuck up she's had tho', seeing as that's the clip that keeps getting shown over and over again.

I suppose we'll have to wait until Thursday and see what transpires...

clocker
09-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Having succeeded in crafting the debate's rules to cover up the worst of Palin's shortcomings- 2 minute responses and no follow up questions- she will probably do OK.

@Skizo- Having been carefully shielded from the press, that be Palin's only fuckup because it's one of the few times anyone has had the chance to question her. Now her campaign is bitching about "gotcha" journalism since the press is forced to focus on any scrap of dialogue they can find.
The bloom is off her rose, her poll numbers are steadily declining.

ilw
09-30-2008, 03:20 PM
ogApDplTYy0

Oil of coal, of course.
It.
It.
It's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules
where, where
its going to where it's not,
but,
in the,
in the sense of the congress today they know they're very, very hungry
domestic markets
that need that oil first..
so I believe that what congress is going to do also,
is not to allow
the export bans
to such a degree
that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here,
pumped here,
its got to flow into our domestic markets first
smooth

100%
09-30-2008, 07:46 PM

nokTjEdaUGg

:pinch:

-bd :mellow:

abstraction in consistency of thought.
She seems to want too say too much and forgets the simplicity of the question / interview / the whole.
She is not trained for this environment.
She excels in looking interested and smiling though.

Biggles
09-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Now then, not too much serious discussion. This thread can include Biden's gaffes too :happy:

Skiz
10-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Oil of coal, of course.
It.
It.
It's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules where, where its going to where it's not, but, in the, in the sense of the congress today they know they're very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first.. so I believe that what congress is going to do also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here, its got to flow into our domestic markets first smooth.

Don't miss the message for the tone. Being a smooth talker has fuck all to do with decision making.

Name a politician who is currently in the spotlight, and I'll get you a YouTube video of them looking like a fool.

Skiz
10-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Having succeeded in crafting the debate's rules to cover up the worst of Palin's shortcomings- 2 minute responses and no follow up questions- she will probably do OK.

@Skizo- Having been carefully shielded from the press, that be Palin's only fuckup because it's one of the few times anyone has had the chance to question her. Now her campaign is bitching about "gotcha" journalism since the press is forced to focus on any scrap of dialogue they can find.
The bloom is off her rose, her poll numbers are steadily declining.

They will get follow ups. Two minutes for each question. They also will not have 2 minute responses, rather 90 sec responses.

Anyhow, I don't have my own debates on who will "win" until I've actually witnessed the debate itself and know what I'm talking about. Talk is cheap.

Should be interesting...

100%
10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Do the candidates use teleprompters?

Skiz
10-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Do the candidates use teleprompters?

For the debates? Of course not.

brotherdoobie
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Oil of coal, of course.
It.
It.
It's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules where, where its going to where it's not, but, in the, in the sense of the congress today they know they're very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first.. so I believe that what congress is going to do also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here, its got to flow into our domestic markets first smooth.

Don't miss the message for the tone. Being a smooth talker has fuck all to do with decision making.

Name a politician who is currently in the spotlight, and I'll get you a YouTube video of them looking like a fool.

You make a valid point; nevertheless, these are not localized elections (e.g., small town Alaska.) She's running for Vice President of the United States, ffs.

-bd

Skiz
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm voting for her and McCain based on educated decisions I believe they will make behind closed doors. I know that she is a good public speaker, but has been caught off guard recently on newer topics to her.

I won't deny her inexperience in select areas, and never have. However, I think it needs to be looked at in perspective, whereas many out there push it as a blanket issue.

Partisan issues completely aside, I find Obamas situation of inexperience to be a far more pressing matter. All that inexperience could be elected to the Oval Office next month.

Public speaking ability is like #94 on my list of necessary credentials. More like a bonus, even.

But more than anything, I'll be voting for them because their core beliefs are closer to mine. They'll be approving bills which are far closer to my beliefs than the opposition, or vetoing them respectively.

I watch the debates, but they hold little importance to me and likely most others unless they're on the fence.

brotherdoobie
10-02-2008, 12:07 PM
If John McCain is elected, he will be the oldest newly elected president - ever. Do you really believe that Palin is ready to lead, if something would happen to McCain?

-bd

Skiz
10-02-2008, 12:12 PM
No, but McCain has also been given a clean bill of health so I don't see that as an immediate issue.

brotherdoobie
10-02-2008, 12:18 PM
No, but McCain has also been given a clean bill of health so I don't see that as an immediate issue.

I'll admit he seems pretty fit. Did you catch the old lech checking out Palin's tits? (in interviews.)

-bd :lol:

Biggles
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM

I'll admit he seems pretty fit. Did you catch the old lech checking out Palin's tits? (in interviews.)

-bd :lol:

That sort of thing could hasten him off :naughty:

peat moss
10-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I watched the Canadien one at the same time , boring ..... like watching paint dry with the dueling banjos playing in the background . Fuck me no wonder we only get a 46 % turn out , every ones watching hockey or snoring .:dabs: