PDA

View Full Version : New Worm On Downing Street

sharedholder
09-05-2003, 11:04 AM
New worm tries to down Downing Street website
AV firms are warning of the appearance of a new Internet worm which attempts to launch a distributed denial of service attack on the Downing Street website.

The Quaters worm spreads via email, using a variety of subject lines relating to account information, and by internet chat systems posing as an attempt to break an Internet chain mail world record. Few incidents of the worm have been spotted thus far, and it doesn't appear to be any great risk, nonetheless the overtly political nature of the worm is likely to capture the attention of UK authorities.

The worm, which naturally only affects Windows PCs, displays a message accusing Blair of wasting taxpayer's money on illegal immigrants rather than investing in the National Health Service and schools.

Quaters can overwrite files on the user's computer with the text "Infected by the WIN32.SORT-IT-OUT-BLAIR Virus!". It might also display the following message:

Dear Tony Blair,
Why are you spending all our taxes on illegal immigrants!?!
How about you stop worrying about other countries and worry about ours???
Stop spending money on immigrants and spend it on things like OAP's who fought to keep this country free but are now getting treated worst than illegal immigrants!
How about spend a little money on the NHS or the education system!?!
Think about it Mr Blair. Your career depends on it.
We've had enough.

The worm also attempts to launch a DOS attack against number-10.gov.uk, the website of the Prime Minister's official residence, 10 Downing Street, London.

"Tony Blair is having enough problems with his chief spin doctor resigning and the Hutton Inquiry, without having an axe-grinding British virus writer causing mischief too," commented Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant, Sophos Anti-Virus.

It's far from the first time viruses have been included a political message.

Previous worms have highlighted the friction between India and Pakistan and other world leaders such as Bill Clinton and Israeli Prime Minister Sharon have been attacked in the past.

Former UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher suffered in the 1990s from the Fu Manchu virus, which replaced her name with an expletive whenever it was typed.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/56/32662.html

lynx
09-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Are you sure that's a worm, and not just a natural response from the millions of people pissed off with B.Liar's government (I use that word loosely).

sabbath
09-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Is it an Arabic worm, with a beard and stuff?

Wizzandabe
09-05-2003, 04:10 PM
No No its not a worm, its Cherys dildo crawling up Tony's ass. :lol:

sharedholder
09-05-2003, 04:12 PM
No No its not a worm, its Cherys dildo crawling up Tony's ass. 
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4play
09-05-2003, 04:13 PM
hell for the first time ever i wanna get infected by a worm.

Icey
09-05-2003, 04:48 PM
same ere :angry:

Wizzandabe
09-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 4play@5 September 2003 - 16:13
hell for the first time ever i wanna get infected by a worm.
I been infected many times. And that MS blaster was the best,

You PC is restarting in 1min.

Glad that caught that fat cunt now. Well it wasent hard, the great wall of china and him are the 2 things you can see form space.

Fucking fat bastard.

Sparkle1984
09-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Dear Tony Blair,
Why are you spending all our taxes on illegal immigrants!?!
How about you stop worrying about other countries and worry about ours???
Stop spending money on immigrants and spend it on things like OAP's who fought to keep this country free but are now getting treated worst than illegal immigrants!
How about spend a little money on the NHS or the education system!?!
Think about it Mr Blair. Your career depends on it.
We've had enough

http://www.ml20.nowinbeta.org/wtf.gif
Racist fascist scum !!!! :angry: :angry: I could think of many words to describe this nazis, but they are too bad to type on here!!!
I hate racism, it absolutely disgusts me. I hope the person who did it is caught really soon.

namzuf9
09-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Sorry I must have left my brain in my other pockets Sparkle;
Where the hell did you find the connection between illegal immigrants and racism?
I have the same opinion on immigration. I believe if people really to need political asylum then there's no reason to turn 'em away. But a lot of the immigrants in the UK are there for purely financial reasons. The biggest problem of course, is that a lot of these immigrants travel across several countries to reach us.....
Is that because of our overly generous welfare system?

Snee
09-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@5 September 2003 - 22:37
But a lot of the immigrants in the UK are there for purely financial reasons. The biggest problem of course, is that a lot of these immigrants travel across several countries to reach us.....

You know, people say pretty much the same thing here in Sweden, I wonder whose welfare system qualifies as the most "overly generous"?

tartanfruitfly
09-05-2003, 09:48 PM
A' say fuck 'em... Goddam' imm'grants are ruinin' a perfectly good system, an' takin' all our jobs 'way from us. Plus, they ain' good scrappers, an' they smell right awful...

namzuf9
09-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by SnnY+5 September 2003 - 21:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 5 September 2003 - 21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-namzuf9@5 September 2003 - 22:37
But a lot of the immigrants in the UK are there for purely financial reasons. The biggest problem of course, is that a lot of these immigrants travel across several countries to reach us.....

You know, people say pretty much the same thing here in Sweden, I wonder whose welfare system qualifies as the most "overly generous"? [/b][/quote]
Benefits available to immigrants applying for asylum in the UK (regardless of how they entered the country):

Free housing (sometimes in Bed and Breakfast or a hostel until something more suitable is available)
Clothing allowance
Transport allowance (public transport or if the applicant has a valid driving licence, a grant to buy a used car)
Education allowance (free classes in a range of subjects)
Utilities allowance (contributions to utility bills)
Milk allowance (8 pints of milk free a week)

As well as all the benefits given for money to live on.

Whats available to a single, unemployed mother.

Free housing.
Clothing allowance (school clothes only)
Milk allowance.

And money to live off of (less than offered to an immigrant)

I don&#39;t hate immigrants, I hate the government for allowing this to happen.

tartanfruitfly
09-05-2003, 10:09 PM
A&#39; agree, tot&#39;ly. No goddamn im&#39;grants are gonna live near me though. A&#39; took care a&#39; that.

Snee
09-05-2003, 10:13 PM
@ namzuf9

Now, I&#39;m thinking of emigrating... :D

@Tartanfruitfly

How did you take care of that?

tartanfruitfly
09-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@5 September 2003 - 23:13
@ namzuf9

Now, I&#39;m thinking of emigrating... :D

@Tartanfruitfly

How did you take care of that?
A&#39;ll put it bluntly, mate... They still haven&#39; found his body...

4play
09-05-2003, 10:16 PM
owww seems like there is a rather large backlash against immigrants recently.

not just here but all my friends, family and fellow workers have all had it with immigrants.

tony blair why dont you try listening to the people for once and do something about this. :angry:

Snee
09-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Don&#39;t think I&#39;ll move to Scotland then :D

J'Pol
09-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by tartanfruitfly@5 September 2003 - 22:48
A&#39; say fuck &#39;em... Goddam&#39; imm&#39;grants are ruinin&#39; a perfectly good system, an&#39; takin&#39; all our jobs &#39;way from us. Plus, they ain&#39; good scrappers, an&#39; they smell right awful...
Yet another (or possibly not) flame baiter.

If you really feel that way, then you are a dickhead.

If you don&#39;t feel that way but are posting it for effect, you are a dickhead.

Either way, guess what, you are a dickhead.

J'Pol
09-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by SnnY@5 September 2003 - 23:17
Don&#39;t think I&#39;ll move to Scotland then :D
I would be extremelly surprised if that dickhead lives in Scotland. Or indeed had visited Scotland.

He certainly doesn&#39;t speak the language.

Snee
09-06-2003, 01:46 PM
I was sort of hoping he was joking, really. But that&#39;s just me believing in the inherent good of all men (and women), or something. :blink:

Sparkle1984
09-06-2003, 05:36 PM
I can&#39;t believe the intolerance I am reading from some people on this thread.
What about all the billions of pounds that Tony Blair has wasted on this stupid war, killing thousands of innocent people. Why aren&#39;t you protesting about that?

The policies (eg world trade policies) of the Western world have ruined many third world countries, and now you wonder why they want to escape. Is it a crime to emigrate for a better life?

J'Pol
09-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@6 September 2003 - 18:36
I can&#39;t believe the intolerance I am reading from some people on this thread.
What about all the billions of pounds that Tony Blair has wasted on this stupid war, killing thousands of innocent people. Why aren&#39;t you protesting about that?

The policies (eg world trade policies) of the Western world have ruined many third world countries, and now you wonder why they want to escape. Is it a crime to emigrate for a better life?
Like I said - people who post stuff like that are dickheads either way.

However that does not necessarily mean I agree with your other stances. For example I have no desire to protest against "this stupid war" by which I take it you mean the Iraqi liberation.

We can agree to disagree on that, without either of us resorting to blatantly racist posting. I have to say I would have expected the authorities here to make comment on a member posting stuff like that. There surely must be rules against it.

Snee
09-06-2003, 06:19 PM
It does sound a tad wrong...but as for Tartan, I think it was an attempt at being sarcastic.

Edit: and I sort of agree with JPaul on the Iraq issue, I feel that although the reasons for starting the war may have been less than noble, I&#39;m not sure it&#39;s appropriate to complain about the results.

Oh, and I haven&#39;t read about it in the Sun or anywhere else where those doing the reporting were biased towards the US or UK as far as I know.

Sparkle1984
09-06-2003, 06:24 PM
However that does not necessarily mean I agree with your other stances. For example I have no desire to protest against "this stupid war" by which I take it you mean the Iraqi liberation.

Liberation??&#33;&#33; :D LOL. Where do you get your news from? From what I have heard on the TV news, life in Iraq is in some ways worse than it was before the war began. For example, many areas are still without electricity and running water. Many people there know someone who has been killed. How can dropping bombs on people ever be called "liberation"?

Where are the weapons of mass destruction? If Saddam really had them, surely he would have used them before or during the war??

Remember that many newspapers (eg The Sun) are owned by multinational companies, and have vested interests, and this affects the reliability of their reporting.

I think there are rules about it in this forum, and I&#39;m quite surprised the moderators have allowed this thread to continue for so long.

J'Pol
09-06-2003, 06:54 PM
I don&#39;t read the sun.

Where are the organised rape gangs or the torture camps or the mass graves of the dissapeared people. All organised by Hussein and his sons. Hopefully they have stopped using explosives strapped to people as a form of murder. Or pulling people teeth out with pliers. Or setting starving dogs on women who wouldn&#39;t sleep with them willingly.

Where are the billions of dollars that they stole from their own people. Where is the infrastructure of an oil rich country which hasn&#39;t been invested in properly for a decade.

Like I said we can agree to disagree, however I would appreciate it if you did not make assumptions on the source of the information I use to form my opinion.