PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat Games gone?

sonicmonkey
09-30-2008, 05:26 AM
Ok, I have a feeling I have completely missed something here.. I don't use it often, so I am not up to date with BCG happenings..

How do I access the site?

becomehokage
09-30-2008, 05:30 AM
You probably cant now... and im captain obvious...

integral
09-30-2008, 05:32 AM
You can't anymore. Basically, you didn't use the site enough, so your account is gone.

sonicmonkey
09-30-2008, 05:33 AM
Hmm.. doubt it. I was a SPU, I uploaded heaps - I just never really downloaded much.

EDIT: I am a fucking idiot. Sorry.

kondrae
09-30-2008, 05:36 AM
did u generate a "keyword" in BCG? If your answer is "no" or "whats that?" then your acc has been deleted.

On the bright side though, the site just implementing a 'invite' system

puckface
09-30-2008, 05:46 AM
hahahahaha... and so it begins.

Raban
09-30-2008, 05:49 AM
have you tried going to their IRC support channel and asking about getting your account re-activated ?? you probably just hit some inactivity thing ...

integral
09-30-2008, 06:15 AM
have you tried going to their IRC support channel and asking about getting your account re-activated ?? you probably just hit some inactivity thing ...

Hope not; hopefully BCG finally acted on their opinion and deleted the accounts that didn't generate the key, it's about time.

Artemis
09-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Ok, I have a feeling I have completely missed something here.. I don't use it often, so I am not up to date with BCG happenings..

How do I access the site?

Stoi is active here, you can pm him on this site just do a member search, but yes he has implemented changes to clear the database of inactive users.

Raban
09-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Hope not; hopefully BCG finally acted on their opinion and deleted the accounts that didn't generate the key, it's about time.

you think i didn't know that.. . . .

sonicmonkey
09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
I did generate a key, so my account actually still exists...... However I can't remember the key and the email I used is no longer accessible

powerpuff
09-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh good gravy. That's... grr. Ok, where's the IRC channel? I generated my keyword but didn't save my ... page.

shineget
09-30-2008, 01:34 PM
edit: never mind. didn't see the logging thing at the bottom og the page after putting in my key. works now. :)

puckface
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm beginning to wonder what the use of this secret page actually is since information about it has been posted here multiple times. Not very secret now is it?

TheGood
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
gj not writing down your keyword.

Blackbeard
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
This is lame i did every thing i should now i can't even login.. lame.. yes my pass is right and all

stoi
09-30-2008, 07:49 PM
well if your pass is correct and everything, the only thing thats lame is you, because it works for a hell of a lot of members, so we know its not our end.

this is the problem with doing this when we had 44,000 members, we were bound to piss a lot of members off, but the bottom line is, it works, we gave you plenty of chances, so if you cant login or even know how to login, then its no ones fault but yours.

Raban
09-30-2008, 08:02 PM
ya know i just remembered... i actually had a dream about this login page thing last night... somehow i got logged out and had to use it ....

man how weirds.. . .. . spooky...

danio
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
ya know i just remembered... i actually had a dream about this login page thing last night... somehow i got logged out and had to use it ....

man how weirds.. . .. . spooky...

so you're one of them people who dream about trackers? ;)

kondrae
09-30-2008, 09:45 PM
wasnt working for me yesterday, but today the site quick and i got in easy using keyword

psxcite
09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Great job on the added security. I know you hear a thousand complaints, but here is one kudos for trying to improve the site. Keep up the good work.

lolier
10-01-2008, 04:26 AM
i get the following error in the site:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.blackcats-games.net Port 80

Dahooligan
10-13-2008, 07:23 AM
This one is directed mainly at Stoi (but if anyone knows the answer, I'd be happy too). I don't understand what went wrong, I'm unable to acces the BGC site, but I did register (I had my keyword and every time I went to my user details it showed the keyword).

Did I do (of forget to do) something wrong? If not, could you tell me if it is at all possible to (re)gain acces? I logged in pretty much every other day and I was working on getting my seedpoints! It would mean a lot to me (again, I thought I had acted correctly, since it showed my keyword).

Dahooligan

ns3pm3
10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi Stoi!
I was gone for about a month and now I can't log on to BCG because I don't have the passcode.
Can you help me pls? My username is same as the username here. Thanks in advance!

danio
10-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Stoi!
I was gone for about a month and now I can't log on to BCG because I don't have the passcode.
Can you help me pls? My username is same as the username here. Thanks in advance!

no he can't (or won't), your account is deleted.

stoi
10-13-2008, 10:29 AM
@ Dahooligan just type recover in the search box and type your email sven*********@gmail you fill in the blanks.

@ ns3pm3

danio is correct, your account is history, nothing i can do about it im afraid.

and sometimes i wish the title of this article was the truth, and i had just jacked it in, the last 2 months would have been a lot bloody easier.

Dahooligan
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
@ Stoi

Thanks a milion, I'm back in!

puckface
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
@ Dahooligan just type recover in the search box and type your email sven*********@gmail you fill in the blanks.

@ ns3pm3

and sometimes i wish the title of this article was the truth, and i had just jacked it in, the last 2 months would have been a lot bloody easier.

Or just ignore everyone here from now on, that would make things easier as well. I mean really, if you cant follow clear directions, you dont deserve to be helped. My opinion only.

richard123uk
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
hi im having real troubles accessing bcg i didnt write down my keyword anywhere and now i cant access it :cry:. every time i try the recover thing it sends me to google is there anyway to get back in? your replys will be much appriecated thanks

alex123
10-13-2008, 05:48 PM
hi i dont remenber my keyword :( someone tell me how i can recover it?

Raban
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM
once again this is turning into the BCG support forum...

ns3pm3
10-14-2008, 04:29 AM

@ ns3pm3

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Is there a way to get a new acct? Is there a referral system or anything?

Funkin'
10-14-2008, 04:37 AM
once again this is turning into the BCG support forum...

It really is. The staff need to make a sticky in this board for everyone that has questions about their account(and obviously don't know how to make a search).

zallofa
10-14-2008, 04:49 AM
i hate this tracker and will never join it again .

kondrae
10-14-2008, 06:02 AM
type in "recover" (without the quotes) to recover pass

or join the irc

server: www.blackcats-games.net:6667
channel: #help

memo
10-14-2008, 06:39 AM
BL will never gone ...LOL

bertofdeath
10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
All i get when i try to enter blackcats.

I get routed to Your Company Name (http://www.blackcats-games.net/) website , still showing www.blackcats-games.net (http://www.blackcats-games.net) in the address bar ,

have my keyword but don't know

any ideals?

Bert

integral
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Your account is deleted forever, give up.

puckface
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Your account is deleted forever, give up.

good advice

kaffeine
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
All i get when i try to enter blackcats.

I get routed to Your Company Name (http://www.blackcats-games.net/) website , still showing www.blackcats-games.net (http://www.blackcats-games.net) in the address bar ,

have my keyword but don't know

any ideals?

Bert
http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08430/stupidity155.png

Jasonc488
10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Help,

I had to re-install windows today and now I can't access black cats. I was still seeding and downloading from the site today, then my PC went unstable. After installing XP and getting my PC back to how I want it, I can't access black cat? Anyone, please.... My ratio is good, around 3.00.

Raban
10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
My ratio is good, around 3.00.

hrmmm... i thought stoi said everyone needed to maintain at least a 6.0+ ratio....

Jasonc488
10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Really??? I've never had a mail or PM regarding this. But my upload speed is not all that and also I believe people with better upload speed gets all the advantage on p2p.:(

danio
10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
bad Raban :P..

Jasonc488, if you were seeding on bcg until today, that means you generated your keyword, right? what you see when you go to the site now is a cover page where you need to enter your keyword.. have a look in the other bcg threads here.. it's all over the place, really.

Jasonc488
10-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Thats the thing, my PC died... It was generated and I had the keyword on a notepad file that was lost when the blue screen of death appeared :cry:. Its clearly my own fault, I should have written it down, but I thought once I had generated it, I will have no problem getting in. Did not know that I would need it again :wacko:. But thanx for your reply, much appreciated :D

zodden
10-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Is BCG down? I am getting that fake page again for the first time in weeks. I generated the keyword a long time ago. I used recovery and had a new keyword sent to my email with a new password and when I hit submit it goes to google.

EDIT: I fixed it. I had to type out the keyword and not copy and paste it and it worked.

danio
10-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats the thing, my PC died... It was generated and I had the keyword on a notepad file that was lost when the blue screen of death appeared :cry:. Its clearly my own fault, I should have written it down, but I thought once I had generated it, I will have no problem getting in. Did not know that I would need it again :wacko:. But thanx for your reply, much appreciated :D

Have you tried typing in "recover" in the box?

BeZaRRo
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I DON'T CARE to have my account back, i just would like to back to bc, i can start all over again. Thousand and thousands of serious users (like me) have been banned, because we HAVE A LIFE stoi. Pay attention on this. Nobody is obligated to live 24hs in front of the pc.
Pay attention on this stoi: One time, you said that you would like a solid community, but you don't want that. Now i'm sure. You don't know to live without create a confusion. From times to times YOU HAVE to invent something, and that time, you screwed people that care about blackcats-games.

Jasonc488
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Have you tried typing in "recover" in the box?[/quote]

Yes I have danio, when I type recover it takes me onto google search engine. Once again, thanx for trying to help. :D

stoi
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I DON'T CARE to have my account back, i just would like to back to bc, i can start all over again. Thousand and thousands of serious users (like me) have been banned, because we HAVE A LIFE stoi. Pay attention on this. Nobody is obligated to live 24hs in front of the pc.
Pay attention on this stoi: One time, you said that you would like a solid community, but you don't want that. Now i'm sure. You don't know to live without create a confusion. From times to times YOU HAVE to invent something, and that time, you screwed people that care about blackcats-games.

we told you 3 months before it was done, we even banned you for 24 hours and 22,000 others a week before and brought you all back, we sent a mass PM out to those that did not do it every single day, until we deleted 9,000 of you.

what more could we have frigging done, if we kept giving people chance after chance, we would still be waiting to put the bleeding thing on.

by the way, your account is gone, your fault, not mine or the staffs.

PS: to eveyone else, im just getting pig sick of taking the shit for this, its their fault, 3 months ffs, ok if we just give you 24 hours i could understand, but fucking 3 months we gave yous and its still our bloody fault.

roh101
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
srry

Jasonc488
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Stoi, can you help me by any chance, my username is the same as it is on here. I would appreciate it very much and I know you're getting annoyed with all this, sorry.

stoi
10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
well your account is still there, your email is a googlemail one.

Jasonc488
10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah, thats right. I have all my login details except my keyword, my PC died yesterday and my keyword was saved on a file. Unable to recover anything. Could you send me another? Sorry, I didn't want to bother you. I know you're getting cheesed off with idiots like us. :(

stoi
10-27-2008, 08:13 PM
just type recover in the search box but dont press enter or submit, a box will pop up at the bottom of the page, enter email and follow instructions.

Jasonc488
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Yay!!! I'm back in. Thank you so much Stoi, have written my keyword down for future reference. Really appreciate your help, BC Rulez!!!!

roh101
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Stoi Will there be open inrollment in the Future I had an account before like others I was seeding for awile not downloading (Got into Diablo 2 again :)).
When I got back on boom the switch.
Anyway I know it is my fualt and i'm only mad at not being able to use the best site on the Internet due to my own stupidity. Anyway is there a way to check if my account does have a passkey I forgot my email I had on file my account name was roh101 and I think the email I had was [email protected]

P.S. If this post is wrong I will pull it myself was not sure where to ask

stoi
10-27-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry mate your account is gone im afraid.

opening up, probably never, referrals, on as i type this, but still in testing stages.

svergie
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
i just cant understand 1 thing. cant see any thing with red line..

just cant see any information , as its said something with Red Line will come up. i have waited for 30 minutes haven't seen anything coming up.

Can any help how to recover the password..

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5448/bcgtg2.jpg

redsky
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
i'm pretty sure i logged in at least once or twice in the past 3 months before the site change (I probably logged in once every couple weeks just to keep it from going inactive), but I don't recall seeing any announcements or messages.... -_-

Went through a bit of trouble landing an account there in the first place...
Is there anything I can do right now to get my acct back/get a new acct short of being nice around here and hope that somebody will throw me an invite?

roh101
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, it is not often that the owner talks to the community like this. I guess I just wait for a referral so I can get back to the community. Again thanks for you time.

redsky
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
i just cant understand 1 thing. cant see any thing with red line..

just cant see any information , as its said something with Red Line will come up. i have waited for 30 minutes haven't seen anything coming up.

Can any help how to recover the password..

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5448/bcgtg2.jpg

Signed up for these forums a little while ago but first time posting here, so if you've posted before I haven't been following...
Anyway I don't know what the red line you're talking about is, but as far as I understand, don't you just type in the word "recover" in the search box (without pressing enter...just leaving the word in the box) and something will pop up at the bottom of the page?

svergie
10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
i did, nothing is coming to my registered email. its very confusing. why all this . the previous thing is good

weirdman99
10-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi stoi, I'm pretty sure that I generated a keyword just after receving this email last august:
Failure to follow this will result in your account getting deleted, even if you are a Donor or Parked your account. ...
A link will appear shortly in your userdetails page, its bright red and you cant miss it. Clicking on this will bring you to an up-to-date (ish) user agreement (its mostly the same agreement as before but with added triple boston-arm-lock move (ok just the confidentiality bit at the top). It basically means, you allow us to keep records of you on our files (usernames, ips etc ) for use with account history, bans etc......

but I don't remember it, I tried the recover thing but it seems that it doesn't work for me... I didn't receive any email with my keyword
Can you check if my account is still there thk
[email protected]

danio
10-28-2008, 01:08 AM
try typing in recover and look at the bottom of the page. a box should appear.. if it doesn't work by typing it it, try typing it somewhere else and copy paste it into the searchbox. it doesn't work for me to type in my keyword, i have to copy & paste it for the boxes to appear.

monkeylover
10-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Have to say this new access system is pretty cool. I got a massive surprise when I first saw the new front page and assumed that BCG had been closed down. The threads here reminded me that I had setup a key word a while ago (thanks). Now I can get in the site I really like the secret society style site entry. I'd love it if I could code stuff like that for websites :)

chrismo16
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Hello all. I was a SPU and did not get the notice about the keyword generation. I would assume my account is closed. It's a shame since I had over a 12:1 ratio going! How can I get a referral code? I know it means starting over but what else can I do at this point? Any help would be great...

PS: @Stoi out of curiosity could you check if my account is indeed closed? My username was the same as it is here. Thanks in advance.

stoi
10-28-2008, 04:13 PM
sorry mate gone.

chrismo16
10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
sorry mate gone.
Thanks for checking. Its too bad I rarely visited the site. (logged in once a month to keep from losing my account...rarely read announcements). Hopefully I can get a referral. If anyone here can offer one my email address is [email protected]. Thanks guys.

ghurka
10-28-2008, 08:44 PM
sorry mate gone.
Thanks for checking. Its too bad I rarely visited the site. (logged in once a month to keep from losing my account...rarely read announcements). Hopefully I can get a referral. If anyone here can offer one my email address is [email protected]. Thanks guys.Might sound familiar but the idea of deleting all those accounts was to get rid of those that didn't really use the site and just logged in occasionally to retain their account. Not much point in having members on the database who are not going to download/upload or use the forums.

1000possibleclaws
10-29-2008, 01:01 AM
FFS enough with these threads already. All these questions have already been answered right here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bcg-key-word-and-hidden-front-page-309495/?