PDA

View Full Version : Rssdler

Trippin'
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm running rtorrent on my Kimsufi and I would like to get rss set up. I have done some searching and it seems that the best way is to use rssdler to download the .torrent file from the tracker, into the rtorrent watch directory.

I've got the app installed, but I can't work out how the hell to set it up so that it downloads only the torrents I want.

Say I'm waiting for a specific movie, and I want it to download only that one, no others... how the hell do I do it? I know I need to edit the config file, but even the sample one is too confusing for me to handle!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm totally baffled at the moment. :lol:

Thanks.

ericab
09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
if you want to download Dexter;

for example #1:

[Dexter]
link =http://rss.torrentleech.org/rss.php?passkey=
maxSize = 400
directory = /home/admin/torrents/dexter
regextrue = (Dexter)
regexfalse = (hr|720|1080|ntsc|x264|sct)
nosave = False

here is a full config;
note that its parameters are not incredibly specific; however it is fully functional.
just work from here and add your own stuff.

[global]
downloadDir = /home/admin/.watch/downloads
workingDir = /home/admin/.rssdler
minSize = 0
log = 1
logFile = /home/admin/.rssdler/log.txt
scanMins = 2
sleepTime = 2
runOnce = false
urllib = True

###################

[torrentleech]
link =http://rss.torrentleech.org/rss.php?passkey=
maxSize = 0
minSize = 195
nosave = False
# checkTime1Day = Mon
# checkTime1Start = 18
# checkTime1Stop = 21
regextrue = (Prison.Break|Heroes|Gossip.Girl|Sons.of.Anarchy|Fringe)
regexfalse = (HEBSUB|D0|DVDR|DVD-R|DVDRip)

dont forget to view the thread options here:
http://code.google.com/p/rssdler/wiki/HelpMessage

Trippin'
09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for that, having a decent example helps a lot. I think I'll try get the hang of it on pirate bay or something first, I don't wanna end up downloading 50 torrents and screwing my ratio on a tracker I care about. :P

EDIT: messed up, any way iv sorted the links now.

ericab
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
usually if you click the "links" page on your private torrent trackers homepage, youll find links for rss somewhere which aim you to either direct download, IE .torrent,
or the webpage, which is what your getting.

Trippin'
09-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Right I've got that sorted, I now have one last problem...

How do I tell it that two conditions must be met before it downloads the torrent? I'm trying to set it up for when fifa 09 gets leaked, and I need to tell it to download a torrent named Fifa AND 09. If I put (Fifa|09) wouldn't that mean Fifa OR 09? Then I would end up getting madden, nba, etc as well. I could put Fifa.09 but some groups use spaces instead of periods. :S

ericab
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Right I've got that sorted, I now have one last problem...

How do I tell it that two conditions must be met before it downloads the torrent? I'm trying to set it up for when fifa 09 gets leaked, and I need to tell it to download a torrent named Fifa AND 09. If I put (Fifa|09) wouldn't that mean Fifa OR 09? Then I would end up getting madden, nba, etc as well. I could put Fifa.09 but some groups use spaces instead of periods. :S

well lets see..
Fifa|09 means you will download any torrent that has the words fifa and/or 09 in it somewhere so yes your right about that...

tbh; you want to read up on using regular expressions to have an extremely percise torrent dl'er, but since its a bit more involved, you may just want to try (fifa.09|fifa 09|fifa-09|fifa_09) since you dont know what the format will be; but im going to take a guess that its going to be "fifa.09"
or you could always be less specific and just do (fifa|Fifa).

Ellusionist
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Fifa.09

the . is used as a single character wildcard (will accept Fifa 09, aswell as Fifa+09, etc)

Trippin'
09-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Right, thanks for the help guys! I'm pretty sure I've got it set up now... I just need to wait until it actually gets leaked to see if I've done it right! :)

ericab
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html

Trippin'
09-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Well it almost worked...

error grabbing url: hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/download.php/xxxxx/Fifa_09_PAL_XBOX360-STRANGE.torrent

So it picked out the one I wanted, but failed to download it. I'm guessing this is down to my seedbox not having the login cookie?

ericab
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
umm
that i do not know.
for my rss feeds, i have the key already apart of it, so i dont rely on cookies...

but if you need cookies, look here:

# the place where a cookie file can be found. Default None.
cookieFile = /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/user/cookies.txt

# type of cookie file to be found at above location. default MozillaCookieJar
cookieType = MozillaCookieJar
# other possible types are:
# cookieType = LWPCookieJar
# only works if urllib = False
# cookieType = MSIECookieJar

Trippin'
10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Well I've just about given up... I've been messing around with these cookie files for ages, can't get it to work at all though.

felldin
10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Do you have a correct rss-feed? The link should often contain a passkey so that you get permission to the torrentfile. Can you post how your link looks? Just hide personal info from the link.
My link looks like this:
link = hxxp://swebits.org/swerss.php?capp=yes&dd=yes&passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trippin'
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I havn't been able to get online for the last few days. Here's how my link looks:

link = hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/rss.php?feed=dl&cat=4&passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have checked that link by opening it with firefox on my home pc. When logged into the site it works fine, when logged out it does not. That's what makes me think its a cookie issue.

EDIT: Just checked it with a feed from another tracker (Revo) and that works fine, so I think it must be a problem with BCG. That's a shame, as its the main tracker I wanted to use it for. :(

Fibre
10-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Tell them to get with the times and switch to 100% passkey :D