PDA

View Full Version : Good Charlotte?

3RA1N1AC
09-05-2003, 01:11 PM
"More like a mediocre Green Day." -- Chris Rock at the 2003 MTV VMAs

lolz.

4play
09-05-2003, 02:07 PM
ll they got pelted with bottles at reading. they asked everyone if they would be kind wnough to throw them all at once. so thousands of bottles went flying at them.

Embracer Of Darkness
09-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Good Charlotte suck the cock. Seriously.

Over and out.

Celerystalksme
09-05-2003, 03:39 PM
There allright...not that overally talented...most emo punk bands aren't really...

have both of their CD's (i actually brought both of their CD's)

and well my gf likes them alot...

but yeah there are a lot better bands out there...

still like their first album though...

CrumbCat
09-05-2003, 05:02 PM
I have to admit to not knowing who they are. :o

Although I DO know who Green Day are ;) got all their albums!

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

Gre1
09-05-2003, 05:04 PM
I hate that kind of music I don't like it, it sounds stupid but that's just my opinion :ph34r:

BigBank_Hank
09-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@5 September 2003 - 13:11

That is just one of the great one liners that Chris Rock got off that night. My personal fav: "50 Cent took more shots to the face than Jenna Jameson". :lol: :lol: :lol: I about pissed my pants when he said that one.

Celerystalksme
09-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+6 September 2003 - 03:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank @ 6 September 2003 - 03:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC@5 September 2003 - 13:11

That is just one of the great one liners that Chris Rock got off that night. My personal fav: "50 Cent took more shots to the face than Jenna Jameson". :lol: :lol: :lol: I about pissed my pants when he said that one. [/b][/quote]
yeah...but the one that topped it all off was...

See you have the olsen twins sitting up the front here...then you have to have R Kelly sitting all the way up the back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG TEH LOLZ :lol:

BigBank_Hank
09-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@5 September 2003 - 17:49
See you have the olsen twins sitting up the front here...then you have to have R Kelly sitting all the way up the back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:I forgot about that one. Chris Rocks just needs to do the whole show. Him standing up there making jokes about all the celebrities and musicians is far more entertaining then the actual awards show. The show itself is a snooze.

Celerystalksme
09-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@6 September 2003 - 03:56
:lol: :lol: :lol:I forgot about that one. Chris Rocks just needs to do the whole show. Him standing up there making jokes about all the celebrities and musicians is far more entertaining then the actual awards show. The show itself is a snooze.
I just downloaded his main parts in the show...don&#39;t have cable here...but i have high speed net which is better...so i didn&#39;t have to watch the whole show... :lol:

you should download Chris Rocks actual stand up CD&#39;s and Video&#39;s...some funny shit in those :)

javakel
09-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Hmmm...interesting. Glad I&#39;m not the only one who thought the VMA&#39;s were a bit "lacking". But when you have that kind of opening act...I guess it would be hard to go much more further upward for entertainment/shock value. :lol: Oh yes...and Good Charlotte. I do have to agree with those who aren&#39;t too impressed by their musicianship. :rolleyes: They really aren&#39;t much different from the other groups in the past year and a half or so that have tried to label themselves as punk or even more blasphemously as HARDCORE punk. HARDCORE PUNK???&#33;&#33;&#33; RIIIIIIIGHT&#33;&#33; They belong in a category which I will now affectionately, and definitely cynically, call "Bubble-gum Punk."

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:17 PM
hey celery, where did you get just his parts of the vma&#39;s?

Celerystalksme
09-05-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by mogadishu@6 September 2003 - 04:17
hey celery, where did you get just his parts of the vma&#39;s?
i got them off kazaa lite *omg i actually used kazaa lite*...except all i have left is his opening performance (my hard drive space is running out)...it goes for 8mins i think...

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Was R Kelly at the awards when he said that?

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:24 PM
ugh, cant find the file. what was the name celery?

Celerystalksme
09-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by mogadishu@6 September 2003 - 04:24
ugh, cant find the file. what was the name celery?
CHRIS.ROCK.at.VMA-2003.(FLAVA).MPG

and i don&#39;t think R Kelly was at the awards...2 many children at those awards :lol:

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:29 PM
ok good i found it thanks.

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 06:51 PM
damn no sources

Gutter
09-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Can you sing like those twins in Good Charlotte? That&#39;s what I ask these kids who come up to me and say, "Fuck Good Charlotte; they suck" &#39;Cause where I&#39;m coming from Good Charlotte don&#39;t suck at all. Those two sing like motherfuckers. I can&#39;t sing like that...

Quoting Tim Armstrong of Rancid
Taken from Guitar Legends Mag

mogadishu
09-05-2003, 08:02 PM
interesting, even rancid likes bubblegum rock sometimes.

Gutter
09-06-2003, 03:44 AM
personally I don&#39;t care for some of the music they put out. A few (very few) of their songs are decent. I would consider buying an album of theirs as soon as they learn how to play hardcore punk. not pop punk, or whine punk. it seems they cry to much in their songs. I don&#39;t mind the first track on their new cd. It has no lyrics and its the fastest song on that lp.

Celerystalksme
09-06-2003, 04:30 AM
yeah that first song on their last album was really cool...just to bad it didn&#39;t lead into an equally good song...i mean they deal with issues like every other band...I don&#39;t know why people hate them...their just guys playing music and making money...whats so wrong with that??

Rip The Jacker
09-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@5 September 2003 - 10:26
and i don&#39;t think R Kelly was at the awards...2 many children at those awards :lol:
:lol: :lol:

sum_sicko
09-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@5 September 2003 - 18:02
I have to admit to not knowing who they are. :o

Although I DO know who Green Day are ;) got all their albums&#33;

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.
crumbcat u dont wanna know who they are lol
:lol:

3RA1N1AC
09-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@5 September 2003 - 20:30
I don&#39;t know why people hate them...their just guys playing music and making money...whats so wrong with that??
i just liked how Chris Rock turned the show into a sort of celebrity roast of the entire mainstream pop/rock music industry, rather than pretending to respect most of those people.

the only thing i paid much attention to (besides all of the disses Chris Rock served up) was the fact that MTV gives out two separate awards for "hip hop" and "rap." and aside from missy elliott, the hip hop category was full of middle-aged men who used to be rappers (snoop dogg, busta rhymes, jay-z), but now they&#39;re just lazily churning out R&B singles that sound like Ja Rule&#39;s leftovers. :sleeping:

BigBank_Hank
09-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@6 September 2003 - 14:33
the only thing i paid much attention to (besides all of the disses Chris Rock served up) was the fact that MTV gives out two separate awards for "hip hop" and "rap."&nbsp; and aside from missy elliott, the hip hop category was full of middle-aged men who used to be rappers (snoop dogg, busta rhymes, jay-z), but now they&#39;re just lazily churning out R&B singles that sound like Ja Rule&#39;s leftovers.&nbsp; :sleeping:
MTV award shows VMA&#39;s and Movie awards are pointless. The bands who win awards on that type of show aren&#39;t the best in their category, just the most popular. During the show I noticed that there were about 5-7 videos that were nominated over and over again and of course kept winning. The fact that Johnny Cash didn&#39;t win anything was a absolute travesty and goes to show how ridiculous this award show is. I watched it this year to see Chris Rock and to see Metallica play. Those were to the two highlights of the show the rest of it was a snooze :sleeping:

javakel
09-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@6 September 2003 - 10:46

MTV award shows VMA&#39;s and Movie awards are pointless. The bands who win awards on that type of show aren&#39;t the best in their category, just the most popular. During the show I noticed that there were about 5-7 videos that were nominated over and over again and of course kept winning. The fact that Johnny Cash didn&#39;t win anything was a absolute travesty and goes to show how ridiculous this award show is. I watched it this year to see Chris Rock and to see Metallica play. Those were to the two highlights of the show the rest of it was a snooze :sleeping:
All I have to say is BRAVO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I&#39;m glad there are still people who realize that "good bands" aren&#39;t always the most popular and vice versa. However, that doesn&#39;t mean that all popular music blows goats either. People just get lazy and stop paying attention. :blink:

Even though Johnny Cash got jacked, IMHO, I think what Snoop had to say about him was just perfect. He may be be middle-aged and losing his "edge," but he&#39;s still enough of a free and creative agent to veer from the "sheep-hearding" and "lemming" mentality.

"Johnny Cash is one bad-ass mother-f*cker....."

Now...c&#39;mon...doesn&#39;t that count for somethin when Snoop says you&#39;re a bad-*aa??&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

Jibbler
09-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Good Charlotte sold themselves out for some MTV fame. Now we have to watch these pierced freaks make safe sex commercials and public service announcements. Can&#39;t MTV just play fucking music? Must there be some sort of political policy behind everything they do? ;)

Its the new less edgy, responsible, MTV. Music for your "safe sex, gen X" kids. :blink:

Celerystalksme
09-07-2003, 04:30 AM
i remember when i had Mtv...it was the 90&#39;s era...the classic era...when the three bes programs ever where on...Headbangers Ball, Superock and Beavis & Butt-head...those days where the best ever...cept then that shitty real world came on aswell as all that other gay reality TV shyte...

Jibbler
09-07-2003, 04:46 AM
Hangbangers Ball kicked ass. I&#39;m sure there are a few fans of that here. On a side note, I watched Singled Out all the time, but only because I&#39;m addicted to that little tramp Jenny McCarthy. :)

BigBank_Hank
09-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Man I loved the Headbanger&#39;s Ball, the original not the watered down version they are playing now. It played real late at night here and I could barely stay awake until it came on. I miss those days.