PDA

View Full Version : BCG Going back 10 years

vip
10-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Well i've got an account on Blackcats but i haven't logged in for a while.Now i read about this keyword thing and verify account,well for the record i never got any email to say you must click this or that.

Their policy on this "Click this,then click that" reminds me so much of the Warez days about 10 years ago.Back then i had dial up,didn't know what Bit Torrent was,didn't know utorrent either.Seeds were for birds and leeches were found in creeks.

Names like happy hippo,warezuniverse,warezlist,directdl....
Sometimes in order to sign up they'd say

"First click this link,when that opens vote once.Then click next link,wait for the second page to open,vote again......"
and i guess after doing this about 5 times or more,if your lucky,you may get in.

Then i had to use Getright to resume broken downloads,for example one time i was downloading a 550 MB file,around 380 MB into it,and the phone rings and i get disconnected,DAM!

Are Warez sites still around,do people here still use dial-up,56k Modem and Getright?Still get HUGE phone bill for local calls because keep getting disconnected?

Do you still play Doom,Duke Nukem,Quake,Wolfenstein,Jazz Jackrabbit?

integral
10-01-2008, 06:37 AM
In other words, you didn't use your BCG account and now it's gone. Join the club, it's bursting with members. I'm sure you'll get your club badge and sash in the mail soon. :D

Funkin'
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Yes, this is his sad attempt at making BCG look like a bad site since he doesn't know how to visit the trackers home page. Where the announcement was posted over a month ago...

And by the way, I still do enjoy Duke Nukem here and there. And am very excited about the series new releases coming next year.

ghurka
10-01-2008, 06:59 AM
There is no difference between BCG and any other tracker. If you don't use the site and don't read the big red announcements on the home page, the one marked "VERY VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ", then you don't deserve to have an account there.

The only members that will agree with you are the other dummies that got deleted from there.

LubTheStaringCat
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I take It then over all the periode that BCG have been shouting from the rooftops about the keyword thingy.

You've been living down a hole, Is It BCG's fault you didn't generate a keyword
No It's not thier fault, It's your's for not keep your ear to the ground

Disme
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
"First click this link,when that opens vote once.Then click next link,wait for the second page to open,vote again......"
and i guess after doing this about 5 times or more,if your lucky,you may get in.

Brings back memories :D

MDMAX
10-01-2008, 08:00 AM
are we done yet

Funkin'
10-01-2008, 09:02 AM

I was thinking the same. Even today some Rom sites have this type of setup. You have to go through like three different stages of voting before the download link will appear.

integral
10-01-2008, 09:05 AM

I was thinking the same. Even today some Rom sites have this type of setup. You have to go through like three different stages of voting before the download link will appear.

Yeah I hate that a lot, back when I used to use this site called emuparadise (when I was a noob :D), luckily I have better resources now. :naughty:

wazza100
10-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Yeah I hate that a lot, back when I used to use this site called emuparadise (when I was a noob :D), luckily I have better resources now. :naughty:

i think everyone has used emuparadise once upon a time, i remember using these kinds of sites to dl dbz episodes back in the day too.

And also searching back in the day for ftps, memories :)

lolier
10-01-2008, 09:21 AM
i know it's not connected, but how come when i go to bcg site i get the following massage:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.blackcats-games.net Port 80

Unstable1
10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I have to say, I agree with the OP and before anyone accuses me of losing my account, I didnt. But I fail to see the point in deleting thousands of users because of this keyword thingy.

It all seems rather pointless to me.

PlayeR
10-01-2008, 12:25 PM
the owner has informed all users about this long before and If you havent logged in during that time.. I guess U just werent active enough..

dunson
10-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I was too busy with cheerleaders' underwarez ten years ago to know wtf you're talking about.

Disme
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I was too busy with cheerleaders' underwarez still in my diapers ten years ago to know wtf you're talking about.

/fixed :P Sorry m8 ... couldn't resist!

dunson
10-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I was too busy with cheerleaders' underwarez still in my diapers ten years ago to know wtf you're talking about.

They aren't mutually exclusive. I still find diapers convenient for long gaming sessions.

Disme
10-01-2008, 01:12 PM

They aren't mutually exclusive. I still find diapers convenient for long gaming sessions.

:glagpinch::glagpinch::glagpinch::glagpinch::glagpinch:

ryan20021982
10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
The sad thing is I knew about this and I dont even have an account there

soulreaper
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM

SCORE! :lol::lol::lol:

Raban
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Well i've got an account on Blackcats but i haven't logged in for a while.

so you really don't need it ...

they first announced this about 8 weeks ago ... if you don't login to a place in 8 weeks why not just delete the bookmark you don't use it anyways.

Cabalo
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Well i've got an account on Blackcats but i haven't logged in for a while.

so you really don't need it ...

they first announced this about 8 weeks ago ... if you don't login to a place in 8 weeks why not just delete the bookmark you don't use it anyways.

and with this new referal system, hopefully many uninterested noobs won't be able to join BCG. Damn, i waited for so long to get in there,as i only knew of its existence when they were no longer an open signup tracker. So i apologise if i really can't feel any pitty for those who don't actually use the site.

physter
10-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I WAS using the site, logged in last week, downloaded two torrents the week before and was seeding four torrents and now I find I can't log in.

So what's that about?

BCG never informed me of any keyword thing so I'm more than slightly pissed off.

stoi
10-01-2008, 08:02 PM
like i have just said, we informed everyone, mass announcements, news items forum posts.

puckface
10-01-2008, 08:07 PM
BCG never informed me of any keyword thing so I'm more than slightly pissed off.

really, no offense dude, but they have been informing members on the site, as well as here for months about this change. Somehow you obviously missed the big red letters on top of every page on the site.

once again, no offense but I find this really hard to believe.

good luck

physter
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep, like 9000 other people I missed the big red letters. There's no accounting for that, I must be either blind or thick.

I guess it's my fault for not noticing, NOT BCGs fault for not being NOTICEABLE.

Gotta love the contempt though.

stoi
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
9,000 may have got pruned, but 29,000 noticed, so again not our fucking fault.

flamingcobra
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow, some of the posts on here. Banning 9k members is what MAKES a good tracker GREAT. You get rid of the useless fat, and get a stronger, better, and more cohesive community. How is it even possible to argue otherwise? You didn't read the posts/pm/announcements given at least a month in advance, then you don't deserve to be part of said community, move along.

physter
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
lol .... I never was the most observant .... a pm or an email would have been nice though. The first I knew anything was up was when uTorrent flagged four torrents in red, I never was a hit-and-runner.

I'm not complaining really, but from here it does rather feel like I've been the victim of a rather callous trick because for whatever reason, whether it's because I'm the dumbest of dumbasses or bvecause I'm simply terminally unobservant I genuinely never noticed any of the warnings.

I'm only sad that I'll never get back in, I don't know anyone else on BCG, no referral for me.

I will always feel proud that I was once a member though, thanks for that at least.

stoi
10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
how was it a callous trick.

what would you have prefered us to do get your address and phone number when you joined up and anything important, phone everyone about a change.

honestly i believe we done everything humanly possible to inform yous, if you missed it, then its our fault, i just cant see how it was our fault at all.

CPC464
10-01-2008, 08:51 PM
anyone who didn't create the keyword deserves to be banned. there was plenty of notice and many announcements + email, as well as being on here and similar sites.

i have only had to enter the keyword once, i jsut log straight in now, so its not the big problem everyone was making out it would be.

physter
10-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Hell no it's not your fault, I'm the dumbass. I only meant it feels like a trick to me because despite logging in I really didn't notice anything was afoot. It came out of the blue, really, out of the blue, a sucker punch.

Anyway, I'm history, I know that and there's nothing I can do and I'll never get back in but I'd just like you to know that there are people out there who apparently can't be reached by normal means and if that means I'm abnormal then so be it.

wizardlok
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
how the F#$# do i use this new fake page thing? I have my keyword but i dont know how to use it.

blackbird
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
:glag:

patience stoi ,patience

CPC464
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
how the F#$# do i use this new fake page thing? I have my keyword but i dont know how to use it.

type in your keyword in the search box dont click submit or press enter etc,

username and password box will appear at bottom of screen, log in as normal.

a link to these instructions was also posted on the bcg main page

wizardlok
10-01-2008, 09:32 PM

type in your keyword in the search box dont click submit or press enter etc,

username and password box will appear at bottom of screen, log in as normal.

a link to these instructions was also posted on the bcg main page

Thank You Sir. Appreciate the help.

Cabalo
10-02-2008, 02:23 AM
/me envies stoi's patience ...

kooltilldend
10-02-2008, 03:34 AM
u know what...anyone who can't deal with even the most basic of things on the site...doesn't belong there

next time any of u have such issues...lemme know on bcg...i'll be happy to ban u

problem solved!

ovisan
10-02-2008, 03:42 AM
I dont find BCG a "must have " tracker. Its content is everywhere.

Funkin'
10-02-2008, 04:35 AM

Ha ha! That was exactly one of the sites I was thinking about(there's many others that I just can't think of right now, I think Shady Roms is another). I used that site for a long time for my SNES and GBA roms, until I found better sources too. :naughty:

I dont find BCG a "must have " tracker. Its content is everywhere.

That may be true. They don't have any exclusive content(as far as I remember, and as far as I can see right now). But, it is all there(not just all new stuff, they have a nice Rom section too with a lot of older stuff), wrapped up with nice speeds and an awesome SP mod. Not to mention that the staff are also friendly and helpful. So since I'm a gamer, these reason makes BCG a "must have" tracker for me.

kooltilldend
10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
there's a lot of exclusive stuff on bcg

u just haven't looked properly

but then again, its prolly coz u don't need it anyways...which kinda makes having "exclusive" content irrelevant to begin with

webber
10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
whats the point of all this ?

the FBI is still going to Stoi's house .

1000possibleclaws
10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-do-you-think-blackcats-games-240835