PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th [2009]

mr. nails
10-01-2008, 07:23 AM
NEW Friday the 13th out this february Friday the 13th!!!!

me? i'm watching this no matter what. i'm sorry, i like this shit. seen all the 13ths, elm streets, halloweens, etc. this one will be no exception. i personally like the halloween remake from rob zombie. i really hope this one has the rawness that provided. not quite sure if this is a remake, a sequel or wtf.

Official Site (http://www.fridaythe13thmovie.com)

IMDb spot (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746)

i really hope that there is absolutely NO comedic bullshit in this film. i want straight murder, death, kill action!

HD Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/fridaythe13th)

xantra
10-05-2008, 08:58 AM
lol... can't belive their bringing jason back from the water grave at the summer camp or where ever that camp was :)

C-mos
10-05-2008, 09:14 AM
yep..I saw this trailer a few weeks ago..my opinion ..It will rock..

Michael Bay is awesome..it will make the movie orsum :D

can't wait ..but thanx nails for the trailer again :D

alcoholik
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
lol xD

dimutri
10-09-2008, 06:35 AM
love all the fridays, halloweens elm streets, not sure how good it will be but i'll definately watch it..

mr. nails
02-13-2009, 08:18 AM
ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE!!!!

<3 that place. :p

so, this is NO where near as good as i wanted it to be. like my initial post i REALLY wish rob zombie woulda tackled this instead. the kills were boring, the blood was almost non-existant, but they did show a lot of breasts! jason is "young" in this film and seems to have drank a six-pack of his favorite energy drink... there is absolutely NO walking in this murder spree. "IF" u happen to see jason he is running after YOU. if not for my hot waitress and my heineken this movie woulda been a waste of time. oh, seeing how i did see this on midnite on friday the 13th alamo did show all the trailers to all of the 13's previous films. lol, that was funny/cool. 5/10

MiNiMAL
02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
:lol:

killuminati96
02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
This new one looks good but confuses me. I thought the killer was his mother in the first one. oh well..she sucked anyway

IdolEyes787
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
the kills were boring, the blood was almost non-existant, but they did show a lot of breasts! jason is "young" in this film and seems to have drank a six-pack of his favorite energy drink... there is absolutely NO walking in this murder spree. "IF" u happen to see jason he is running after YOU.

The movie is about pursuit and shock, not the suffering, which makes its brand of mayhem perhaps less exciting to people who are used to the degradations that a currently fashionable in movies like Saw and Hostel.

I do agree that inserting the logic that Jason would actually have to run to catch his victim does take something away from his myth .
By slowly trudging along ,although not as frightening,it does allow him to be presented as almost a force of nature in his inescapablity.

The producers have even stated that they wanted the new Jason to be modeled on Rambo(and an almost sympathetic character:dabs:) hence the traps and the bow and arrow.

This new one looks good but confuses me. I thought the killer was his mother in the first one. oh well..she sucked anyway

Yes in the first one the killer was Jason's mother .
Pamela Voorhees killed a bunch of teens because they weren’t paying attention as they screwed their brains out(hence the connection to sex=sure death), while her son, Jason, was drowning.
She was down to the last victim when the tables turned and Pam’s head was cut off with a machete. In the new one to no one’s shock or surprise, Jason had survived and witnessed his mom’s decapitation.He picks up the machete that killed her, and the rest is history

viru5
02-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Ehehhe :D

IdolEyes787
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I knew trying to be thoughtful in a thread about Friday the 13th was a guaranteed fail:lol:

mr. nails
02-14-2009, 07:17 PM
The movie is about pursuit and shock, not the suffering, which makes its brand of mayhem perhaps less exciting to people who are used to the degradations that a currently fashionable in movies like Saw and Hostel.

saw & hostel have nothing to do with it. have u NEVER seen the originals? they were more violent than this. sure, 80's style but it was done better.

I do agree that inserting the logic that Jason would actually have to run to catch his victim does take something away from his myth. By slowly trudging along ,although not as frightening,it does allow him to be presented as almost a force of nature in his inescapablity.

i don't mind the fact that he runs after you. actually, i prefer it.

The producers have even stated that they wanted the new Jason to be modeled on Rambo hence the traps and the bow and arrow.

jason has used bows & arrows be4, but the traps were a bit over the top imo.

IdolEyes787
02-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Um O....K.

The first movie was actually written as a comedy you know.
And even at their most violent the Friday the 13th series always had it tongue planted firmly in it's cheek.

I was trying to make the point that with an increased tolerance to violence a lot of people seem to need the added shot of brutality to get the same jolt.
Friday the 13th movies aren't about that.
After all Jason kills almost as a reflex .Get the job done and move on.The last thing on his mind(unlike Jigsaw) is making people suffer.

Then again what do I know I only watch football for the cheerleaders .

clocker
02-15-2009, 12:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/emperor_penguin3.jpg

Canadian cheerleaders.

SelfMadeMMAn
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM

I have been quiet long enough, actually, trying to put my thoughts into words. Of course I was super excited to see this remake. I love Friday 13, and I love horror as a genre [I have for about 27 years, since I saw The Exorcist when I was 6] thus there was no denying my excitement to watch this remake of a classic on Friday 13. I left the theater sadly unimpressed, so much so, I had to watch the original when I got home. I was disgusted with this attempt and here is why. It was a remake yet Camp Crystal Lake was closed and abandoned. The mask, very unclimatic, nothing epic the way it should have been. If they were trying for shock kills, they failed miserably. The mother and the drowning were very important parts of the back-story. 30 seconds doesn’t quite cut it. The sack got knocked off once and did not even show his deformed face. The unique kills did not happen. The camera focused on things, like the saw in the tool shed that was never used, so why did the camera hang on that. It tried to incorporate the first 4 films all in one blanket. They were too different films and can’t be put in one film.They may have achieved the goal, if it was to try to get newbie’s interested in the genre, they probably succeeded, but for those die hard horror fans, it fell very flat.

Swift
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
i'm waiting for the final DVDrip version so that I can watch it at the best quality because most of the action happens at night and I want to see it.

haime
02-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Great guys, thanks !!