PDA

View Full Version : BitMeTV Pre-times question

GXice
10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi there :),

Just a quick question to ask. How do the pre times on BitMeTV compare to say SCC or SCT (both of which have probably the best pre times of all trackers).

If I was to set up RSS there, can I expect the shows to appear there very fast?

apextwin146
10-01-2008, 10:39 AM
The Trap : The bitmetv releases shows in .AVi format so the pres can be a lil late as compared to SCT .. But in ScT u get it in rar so u will have to unrar and then seed back if u r thinking of doing that

GXice
10-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I noticed that as well. BitMeTV don't RAR theirs - I wonder why?

It's also hard to organise, because it goes into my /Torrents/ folder and not into its own subfolder like usual rars.

Disme
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I noticed that as well. BitMeTV don't RAR theirs - I wonder why?

It's also hard to organise, because it goes into my /Torrents/ folder and not into its own subfolder like usual rars.

Héhé ... what you find negative about BitmeTV is one of the positive things about BitmeTV imho. What is more easy than downloading and watching a 6 year season-pack with all eps unrarred already. Save a whole lot of trouble, not to speak of the fragmentation of your HDD's with those thousands of RAR-files, used by the scene just because they race faster than big files.

slimdogp
10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, SCC/SCT probably have <2min pretime on every tv show they upload. Bitmetv is really fast on popular shows <10 minutes in most cases. Some of the more obscure stuff may be a little slower.

I like the unrar'd avis too :) although lately I've been leeching all of my tv off scc because pretimes are so good, seeds so fast, ratio so easy to keep heh

predateur
10-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi there :),

Just a quick question to ask. How do the pre times on BitMeTV compare to say SCC or SCT (both of which have probably the best pre times of all trackers).

If I was to set up RSS there, can I expect the shows to appear there very fast?
add the time to unrar and create the torrent to sct pre-time, and you find bitmetv pre-time

tX
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Bitmetv pretimes are quite poor (slower than ScT+unrar actually), but I actually prefer video unrared (see no point in having them rared, except that the scene can pre them faster)

integral
10-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I'd venture a guess and say most of BMTV uploaders are simply unrarring sct or scc releases and putting it there. It's not a 0day site, it's a tv site. :) With that being said, pre times are maybe 3-5 minutes behind popular releases at sct/scc, and speeds are great too.

ben99
10-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd venture a guess and say most of BMTV uploaders are simply unrarring sct or scc releases and putting it there. It's not a 0day site, it's a tv site. :) With that being said, pre times are maybe 3-5 minutes behind popular releases at sct/scc, and speeds are great too.

rofl? I guess you don't have an account there... Uploaders there, including fuzzbutt, have 0-sec access. As for pre's shows show up in usually less than 5 minutes after they have been pre'd.

integral
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM

rofl? I guess you don't have an account there... Uploaders there, including fuzzbutt, have 0-sec access. As for pre's shows show up in usually less than 5 minutes after they have been pre'd.

Oh, well they need some better uploading scripts. :frusty: Kind of embarrassing actually!

/me hands bmtv 'uploaders' Guy Fawkes masks

alcoholik
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
sct is way more faster than bitmetv

ben99
10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
sct doesn't doesnt unrar releases while bitmetv does... therefore you can't compare the two.

SenorBubbz
10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
* integral hands bmtv 'uploaders' Guy Fawkes masks

I don't get it...

lukee
10-01-2008, 11:53 PM
The Trap : The bitmetv releases shows in .AVi format so the pres can be a lil late as compared to SCT .. But in ScT u get it in rar so u will have to unrar and then seed back if u r thinking of doing that

I hate bitches who complain that they have to unrar shit. Its not that bad and it avoids corruption.

BitmeTV fucking sucks.

Funkin'
10-02-2008, 05:42 AM
I hate bitches who complain that they have to unrar shit. Its not that bad and it avoids corruption.

I agree(not that I think apex is a bitch). It literally takes seconds to unrar a file. So I really don't see why people complain about it. On that note, I don't really think one method is better than the other. Although I do like my files rar'd, just because of saving space.

Also, I have waited up to an hour or longer on some shows at Bitmetv after they pre'd. Which I saw the same shows sitting on some 0day sites within seconds or minutes after pre. I'm not saying every new show is that slow on Bitmetv, but I've had to wait that long on a lot of them. I don't think it's a bad site or anything like that. Just sometimes the releases can be pretty slow.

But as someone else mentioned, it's not a 0day site.

Disme
10-02-2008, 06:11 AM
I hate bitches who complain Its not that bad and it avoids corruption.
BitmeTV fucking sucks.
I hate bitches who complain about people who complain that they have to unrar shit. :rolleyes:

Who cares what you think about BitmeTV ... if you don't like it, don't use it.

The OP asked a simple question, he didn't intend to start yet another fanboy flamewar. :frusty:

Since BitmeTV isn't a 0-day site it doesn't claim to have the fastest pré-times, but if you're talking about 'retention', amount of seeders and quantity of TV-shows available, there's no tracker in the world that equals BitmTV.

No question of opinion, it's a fact, all other disadvantages of BitmeTV aside (hard to seed, etc...)

predateur
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM

I agree(not that I think apex is a bitch). It literally takes seconds to unrar a file. So I really don't see why people complain about it. On that note, I don't really think one method is better than the other. Although I do like my files rar'd, just because of saving space.

Also, I have waited up to an hour or longer on some shows at Bitmetv after they pre'd. Which I saw the same shows sitting on some 0day sites within seconds or minutes after pre. I'm not saying every new show is that slow on Bitmetv, but I've had to wait that long on a lot of them. I don't think it's a bad site or anything like that. Just sometimes the releases can be pretty slow.

But as someone else mentioned, it's not a 0day site.

people complain about unrar because to use the rared stuff you have to unrar it, and also to stay on seed you need to keep it rared so you will use the double size on your HDD for each torrent downloaded and this is not realy good specialy on big torrents and season packs , and 0-day trackers post rared file just to release fast and something like "dont touch the original scene release" , but you honestly there is no point to keep them rared on your HDD.

yayyyyyy
10-02-2008, 08:33 AM

uploadbot on a pentium 133 mmx box? :w00t:

how in the hell can someone take 3minutes to unrar (store compression!) a 350mb rls???? :D

0sec... yeah sure ^^

predateur
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
to answer to the OP : (last prison break episode )
SCC :
Prison.Break.S04E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL | Uploaded 3 mn and 0 sc after pre |2008-09-30 02:06:38
Prison.Break.S04E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION | 7mn 31sec | 02:36:44

SCT :
Prison.Break.S04E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL | 30 secs after pre | 02:04:42
Prison.Break.S04E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION | 2 mins, 10 secs | 02:31:56

Bitmetv :
Prison.Break.S04E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL | uploaded at : 03:07:15 AM ( 02:07:15 AM )
Prison.Break.S04E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION | 03:41:09 AM ( 02:41:09 AM )

almost same for other releases :P , rate it by your self now ;)