PDA

View Full Version : Filesharing Location

Gil-Galad
09-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Some days ago I had some thoughts about k++ as I was arranging my hard drive and here is what I came upon:

how many of you like to keep your pc in order- you know exactly where specific files are located, in different categories etc etc. I am not a mean guy- I want to share my stuff, but to do that I need to move my things in 1 folder, where they will all be in a terrible mess. I have used several file sharing programs which are not half as great as kazaa BUT they do have 1 advantage over it- they don't need only 1 folder to share files. The user itself can determine, which and how many files he/she wants and can share.

So, my proposal is- I hope that the creators or management or whoever executive person will see this message- instead of having only 1 folder (my shared folder) as sharing centre, a new feature could be added to the next versions that allow the user select several folders in different locations which will be shared.

Comments and new thoughts are welcome to join.
Gil-Galad

3rd gen noob
09-05-2003, 02:29 PM
options>find media to share>folder list

james_bond_rulez
09-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Gil-Galad@5 September 2003 - 14:27
Some days ago I had some thoughts about k++ as I was arranging my hard drive and here is what I came upon:

how many of you like to keep your pc in order- you know exactly where specific files are located, in different categories etc etc. I am not a mean guy- I want to share my stuff, but to do that I need to move my things in 1 folder, where they will all be in a terrible mess. I have used several file sharing programs which are not half as great as kazaa BUT they do have 1 advantage over it- they don't need only 1 folder to share files. The user itself can determine, which and how many files he/she wants and can share.

So, my proposal is- I hope that the creators or management or whoever executive person will see this message- instead of having only 1 folder (my shared folder) as sharing centre, a new feature could be added to the next versions that allow the user select several folders in different locations which will be shared.

Comments and new thoughts are welcome to join.
Gil-Galad
yeah as a matter of fact you CAN select multiple folders to share :rtfaq:

3rd gen noob
09-05-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@5 September 2003 - 17:56
yeah as a matter of fact you CAN select multiple folders to share :rtfaq:
i'm pretty sure my reply covered it...:P

james_bond_rulez
09-05-2003, 06:02 PM
yeah i just can't help when i see these noob questions :D