PDA

View Full Version : seedbox.fr?

haydeno
10-03-2008, 05:37 AM
A friend of mine signed up and said he was peaking at nearly 70mbps, i am a bit sceptial due to the price that it would reach that high and am wondering if anyone else has tried them.

apextwin146
10-03-2008, 05:54 AM
man i am in to test this one if some can share the 99 Euro plan .. With 3TB hard disk i think its a really good plan .. Anyone up for it?

QwertyKey
10-03-2008, 06:29 AM
That's a pretty crazy deal for the 3TB/2Gbit deal. For 4 times the cost of the OVH box, you get 12 times the storage, and 20 times the bandwidth.

I've heard some not so great things about TF though, and it appears that's all they allow. Still though...

apextwin146
10-03-2008, 06:49 AM
^ Exactly .. I have send them a mail .. Lets see wat they reply .. 3TB is just such a sweet deal ..

QwertyKey
10-03-2008, 07:03 AM
If you do end up getting it, please let me know how it goes. Also, please let me know if it can be split up into accounts. 6 people for $25/month each, 500GB sounds awesome. Plus bandwidth wise I've been pretty satisfied sharing a 100Mbit connection with two other people, with this I'd get 10x my current share.

Neoworld
10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
man i am in to test this one if some can share the 99 Euro plan .. With 3TB hard disk i think its a really good plan .. Anyone up for it?

Just sent them an email to. But as they say if it is to good to be true......

Hmm the address they have listed on the site is the same as an Advertising Agency.

C-mos
10-03-2008, 07:41 AM
I used it once..all I can say IT IS AWESOME !!!:)

Neoworld
10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
And looking dodgier-

Professionnal Pack (begins at 99€ per month)
Until 3000GB storage
Until 2×1GBits/s
FTP / SFTP Accounts (unlimited)
Torrents unlimited
Paypal / Western Union / Check*
Checks only for Professionnal Pack, 3 months min.

Why they don't want any charge backs if its bull?

gan.nez
10-03-2008, 01:38 PM
can anyone recommend it??
how fast is this going??? (upload)

apextwin146
10-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Checks only .. I am out ..no way to get my money back if i am scammed ..

seedbox.fr
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Hi,

It seems there is a mistake.
We accept checks only for professionnals. Every one is welcome to purchase a professionnal pack :)

We have published new packs today. Because lot of people doesn't see "begins at 99€", so we have created a "Professionnal Pack II"

Delivery begins at oct, 13 2008.

Best regards

apextwin146
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
so the professional pack can be bought using paypal also :unsure: .. Pls clarify...

ericab
10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
looks like seedbox.fr is a OVH reseller.

QwertyKey
10-03-2008, 06:46 PM

You could use Paypal or Western Union. You don't HAVE to use checks, it's just an option.

As for being a reseller, the prices are cheaper than OVH (hence all this interest in them), so I don't see how they could be reselling (unless they're opperating at a loss).

ericab
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM

You could use Paypal or Western Union. You don't HAVE to use checks, it's just an option.

As for being a reseller, the prices are cheaper than OVH (hence all this interest in them), so I don't see how they could be reselling (unless they're opperating at a loss).

traceroute goes to OVH routers;

traceroute to 'x.x.x.x', 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 rbx-55-m2.routers.ovh.net (91.121.183.252) 0.473 ms 0.597 ms 0.752 ms
2 91.121.130.1 (91.121.130.1) 16.880 ms * *
3 * * *
4 30g.gblx.gsw-1-6k.routers.ovh.net (213.186.32.129) 4.440 ms 4.552 ms 4.664 ms
5 162.97.117.102 (162.97.117.102) 85.306 ms 85.297 ms 85.288 ms
6 *
7 *
8 *
9 *
10 *
11 *
12 *

styupe
10-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Has anyone tried the Discovery Pack?

Neoworld
10-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Just got confliciting info from them. Their website says for the Professinal pack that you get a 1 Gb/s link yet via email I was told it is only a 100mbit/s link.

Just a heads up-

Dear,

Our professionnal seedbox begins at 99€ per motnh for 100 Mbits/s guaranted
and 1TB disk space. Professional seedbox use Linux Slackware and we don't allow SSH root login on
it.

tehmrserver
10-04-2008, 05:07 AM
lol, their english sucks :P

t0mmy
10-04-2008, 06:05 AM
sounds fishy

apextwin146
10-04-2008, 06:08 AM
yup .. only if there were more resellers from France etc as Euro turns out to be cheaper for me ..

pplush259
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM
do u allow sharing of accounts for big servers. Say if a few people wanna pool in. It makes sense coz 1gbps with quality h/w gives about max 50-60MB if others r capable of same speeds.:)

QwertyKey
10-04-2008, 01:29 PM

traceroute goes to OVH routers;

traceroute to 'x.x.x.x', 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 rbx-55-m2.routers.ovh.net (91.121.183.252) 0.473 ms 0.597 ms 0.752 ms
2 91.121.130.1 (91.121.130.1) 16.880 ms * *
3 * * *
4 30g.gblx.gsw-1-6k.routers.ovh.net (213.186.32.129) 4.440 ms 4.552 ms 4.664 ms
5 162.97.117.102 (162.97.117.102) 85.306 ms 85.297 ms 85.288 ms
6 *
7 *
8 *
9 *
10 *
11 *
12 *

Yep, you're right. I wrote that before, when they said they offered 3TB/2x1GBPS for 99Euros/month.

As well their inconsistancies are suspicious. When it's on something as important as their data transfer or storage, I don't know that I could trust them.

kovacsj
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
guys, if you looked carefully at their homepage when only 2 deals were available, you would have noticed, that in the case of the professional package:
-price was stated as: "starting at 99e"
-bw and hdd were stated as: "up to 2*1Gbit & up to 3TB"

What is the problem then? No way I wanna defend seedbox.fr, i don't know anything about their services, but hey, they never ever offered 3tb hdd + 2*1Gb bw for 99e.

QwertyKey
10-04-2008, 03:59 PM
guys, if you looked carefully at their homepage when only 2 deals were available, you would have noticed, that in the case of the professional package:
-price was stated as: "starting at 99e"
-bw and hdd were stated as: "up to 2*1Gbit & up to 3TB"

What is the problem then? No way I wanna defend seedbox.fr, i don't know anything about their services, but hey, they never ever offered 3tb hdd + 2*1Gb bw for 99e.

Oh... None of us could tell because they put French on the English page. The incosistancy I was talking about was the uplink for the Professional I pack. It says 1Gbit, someone emailed them, and they said 100Mbit.

pplush259
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
guess more reviews are required before using them, remember seedx.

haydeno
10-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Anyone try them they have new plan for 6eur

Neoworld
10-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Haven't heard back from them in 48 hours in regards to extra questions and clarifications.

apextwin146
10-06-2008, 04:37 AM
^ same here .. If u get a reply can u pass on the information .. I think its due to the weekends

EstelleD
10-06-2008, 04:49 AM
Not confuse at this one, OVH ftw, really suspicious about this service.
When i see some pub on the comment of thread Offer seebox on other filesharing forum..

seedbox.fr
10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Precision : 1Gbit/s & 2x1Gbits/s are NOT hosted at OVH data center.

Neoworld
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Clear as mud and can you reply to your emails.

seedbox.fr
10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Clear as mud and can you reply to your emails.

Sorry but we receive ~200 mails per day by curious people.

pplush259
10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
but u dont reply to emails too..Can u confirm if the pro one is indeed 99euros a month..1gbps unltd?

seedbox.fr
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Can u confirm if the pro one is indeed 99euros a month..1gbps unltd?

That's it. Professional Pack 1 = 99€ - 1Gbits/s - 1TO Disk storage - Unmetered.
Delivery : 2-4 weeks

Regards,

QwertyKey
10-07-2008, 03:35 AM
So, anyone have a review on the Professional packs? Either #1 or #2.

QwertyKey
10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Any reviews now?

pplush259
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
i wonder if there was a buyer considering their Terms..

QwertyKey
10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
i wonder if there was a buyer considering their Terms..

What terms are you reffering to?

apextwin146
10-14-2008, 06:45 PM
any one wanna share this ?

pplush259
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
read the Terms section on their site.

dance4
10-14-2008, 08:56 PM
read only this "Violation du copyright et piratage" and you will have enough :D

pplush259
10-15-2008, 04:40 AM
Dance4:

a friendly suggestion, we would like u to upgrade the package details in sync with the actual servers offered and some more low cost packages coming in.

regards..

caleido
10-15-2008, 04:43 AM
OK.... I'm new here, and I'm not a professional user. I was just took a premium pack. I don't know about you but I always try small pack before the big one, and see if they can provide a great service for small thing.

Below are my honest review:
Pro:
-This is one of the cheapest seedbox out there I could find, that was why I interested in trying it at the first place. I was so excited that I forgot to just stay alarmed...and I put about 8 torrent simultaneously even if I am new to the private trackers I joined.
-The account was ready under 24 hour, which got me more excited. But the rest is history...

Cons:
-The torrent speed spiked all the time from 0kBps-3mBps. I don't know for precise if it caused by the peers I was connected to or not, but I was pretty sure that something not really right with the flux since some of the torrents connected to 50 seeds+peers. And I just think that there's no way the speed would rise and fall so significanly all the time.
-Max connected peers are 50 / torrent
-The big issue I experience is with the FTP server.
I don't know if they prioritize the professsional user or not, the only thing I know is this happenING to me as I write.
-They only give (maybe can only give) you 1 FTP account (even it said 5 account)
-The first problem, they set the wrong login information for the only FTP account I got, and they told me that the the login information should be the same with my torrentflux account login info. So I emailed them to either change it to match my TF login info or just send me the current one. No answer and no solution, I emailed them again with total until 3 emails.
-This solved 3 days later from the day I complained. I was finally successfully login into the account even if it was so damn hard to connected to the server
-The second problem is it was so hard to connect to the server, and when it did once, I immidiately tried to start downloading the first file into my pc, and it got disconnected. ever since, I couldn't connect anymore. So, I emailed them again...
-The problem solved the next day without any notice from their part (I know it was solved because I tried to accessed it everyday see if something happen). That's when the 3rd problem occured. There was an error while I tried to download the second file simultaneously from different pc. The error was "only 1 IP allowed at the same time". So I tried to download the other file from the same IP simultaneously. The same error msg occur...WTF...
So, in the end, they left me with 1 FTP account, that can connect only at 1 IP, 1 file at 1 time, and the speed is various between 3-about 20 kBps top at night....Nothin would come out off there...
So I emailed them again, challenged them to provide a minimum satisfiedable service to its customer under a week and the story continues...still no answer no solution till now...and it's been 5 consecutive days, since I put my torrents there to seed (torrents work fine), and just to find out that I can't downloaded them into my pc.

my conclusion:
You got what you pay for...worse, you got even less actually than you paid for....
just be cautions.

PS: If any admin from seedbox.fr, I only want to say that:
01 start small... if you can't provide the bigger plan, don't even think about it.
02 0 FTP that works fine equals handicapped server. Nothing can be done out of it even if your TF box works ultra fast.
03 it's better to stay inform your trouble if you encounter one, than to stay silent and hope they would understand. It just don't happen
04 Just understand the open economy right now. No authorities would sue anything. It's just the word of mouth works much faster to shut the business down if the service just dissapoints ppl...

apextwin146
10-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the excellent review there mate ..

caleido
10-15-2008, 05:05 AM
regarding the TOS, I think most of the seedbox provider have the same term due to violation to pirated materials...
Well...luck for me, I don't really care about copyright (since I live in third world country with no cyber law. I don't know if you're in US or Europe) and I know neither do they...
If they really care about the copyright thing, they won't even consider start a seedbox company at the first place since 99,9% (maybe exaggerated may be not) of the shared files are pirated.

So if you're really thinking downloading using torrent, just live with it for you'll just wasting much more valuable time on trying to looking for that 0,01% rather just buy the materials... well..for some cases, it might even cheaper to pay the fine for violating the current law than buy all the stuffs...

pplush259
10-15-2008, 05:31 AM
nice one Caleido, to be frank, there is no point giving TOS if ur selling seedboxes coz u will never ever know what is right or wrong even though one doesn’t intend to do wrong. Man, Ur just using the internet for god’s sake for personal use but with higher speed availability.

I like those providers who get is straight and most of us know whom I talking about, it’s all about word of mouth and the ones doing good are doing it pretty straight forward without too much fuss..

So thank you very much for your review, gives us a good idea about providers. We now pretty much know who the best guys are in this business.

Cheers.

caleido
10-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Well...seems like I'm one of those who doesn't know which provider did you mean :)
I ordered at seedbox.fr because I don't know other cheap and realiable provider...and I'm just a newbie too...if you don't mind please tell me which is the best provider in you opinion so far. Thx

about word of mouth, I'd like to add that if your company work hard to satisfy ppl, it still so hard to get the good review or positive testimonials out of it even if you ask them. But if one disappointed, it'll instantly posted anywhere sometimes even before you have a chance to explain or fix anything. It's that hard to build credibility on this online world since internet is full of crap. Most Ppl won't just trust you immidiately if you've done something good. You need to pay it back great just to repair the trust. Even Bill Gates said that if there're anything he can do, the first thing he will working on is to gain back Microsoft's anti-trust...

pplush259
10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
cant agree with u more mate, I dont have any company or something, im using boxes myself for a long long time. Well, FST has already got a good list of honest and dedicated sellers and few in this thread too.

caleido
10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
woww...1 week and I;ve sick of the box...
Not working FTP (or even so, super slow and only allow 1 file at a time), Slow access website, hard to connected to peers, slow torrent speed, way to simplified interface.
What I mean by waayy tooo simplified torrentfluxb4rt is you almost have no control over your files.
-no pm feature
-you can't select what folder to download to
-can't download part of the torrent
-and therefore can't point the same torrent (different tracker) to certain folder
-can't recheck existing files (neither auto /manual just there's no way)
-can't change account password
-etc

wow...can't believe it...it's a nightmare for users... way to risky to be used on private trackers...just the second and a worst seedbox I've ever imagine....must be kidding me...

hopefully they can read English... T_T

pplush259
10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
bad luck mate, sometimes it doesnot work out...Seems in the end its a dedi that fits the bill the best, best to share amongst ur known guys and chill out. U know ull get super speeds when u need and it would work as per ur requirements more or less.

QwertyKey
10-17-2008, 12:20 AM
woww...1 week and I;ve sick of the box...
Not working FTP (or even so, super slow and only allow 1 file at a time), Slow access website, hard to connected to peers, slow torrent speed, way to simplified interface.
What I mean by waayy tooo simplified torrentfluxb4rt is you almost have no control over your files.
-no pm feature
-you can't select what folder to download to
-can't download part of the torrent
-and therefore can't point the same torrent (different tracker) to certain folder
-can't recheck existing files (neither auto /manual just there's no way)
-can't change account password
-etc

wow...can't believe it...it's a nightmare for users... way to risky to be used on private trackers...just the second and a worst seedbox I've ever imagine....must be kidding me...

hopefully they can read English... T_T

Can you use their boxes with a non-TF client? Most of that is because of the torrentflux which they use.

caleido
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
what do you mean by non-TF client?
do you mean that there might be other option like utorrent?
mmm I don't think there're a seedbox company that has that luxury...
I think even if they use TF, there's no point to simplify the interface...there's nothing good by doing that. limiting user to control their torrent? well that's just silly...I mean TF is fine if they can setting it properly. most of the main feature are enough. But to simplify it seems like ridiculous..

seedbox.fr
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry if your account have problems, If you made the effort to read our forum, you'll see that we migrate for free all accounts that have problems (especially for FTP and port forwarding problems) in new environnement. Just send email to support with your request.

Best regards

Xenus
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
The same issues here, speed to the site and support sucks. I've sent severals emails with no answer, used the contact form at the site with no luck either and when I try to get registered at your forum keeps getting the error:
Error: Couldn't get mail server response codes. Please contact the forum administrator..

So if I can't contact you by any way, how can I get the problems fixed?

caleido
10-18-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry if your account have problems, If you made the effort to read our forum, you'll see that we migrate for free all accounts that have problems (especially for FTP and port forwarding problems) in new environnement. Just send email to support with your request.

Best regards

oh...finally...some words from the admins...
Thanks for that.
I should admit that I was not reading the forum. And I don't think like want to read every forum exist for every services I use on the net. Also not everyone want to bother with forums (it's just the reality). I'm not saying that forums are useful. But some ppl just prefer some forums to participate into. Like me and this forum. It's the same as asking why don't you check the updated post on every possible forum that ppl will talk about you and your service. That just won't happen. I myself need to send you a link to here so that you can check it out.

In my case, I won't read the entire forum just to find out what's the possible problem that cause problem at my side. I just need to ask via email or something I think. And I think just answering it and explaining the problem won't be hurt, and it's better if you can provide solutions like account extension, or any way your side could compensate that. Just don't assume every user read the forum.

well I've learned that everytime I stumbled into a problem it's better to check out the forum if exist. I hope you learn you lesson also... Thanks

Xenus
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
caleido, Can you get into seedbox.fr forums? It's impossible to me.
And still get no answer from their support.

caleido
10-18-2008, 06:20 PM
caleido, Can you get into seedbox.fr forums? It's impossible to me.
And still get no answer from their support.
I haven't get any further details from them also...It's just I don't want to waste any more time to write many more emails talking to them. For now I'll just waiting for them to fix their problems and see if they still care to their customer. If they don't, then I won't care about them either...

If you email them up to about 3 times, they would might reply you with short sentence (in francais of course).

I haven't try register to the support (I just wonder why they put call it "support" if what they meant are actually what they call the "forum"). Seems like they don't talk much since they're really hard to be contacted. I hope they DO many things though. well honestly I don't really care about the forum. I only care about whether they can be trusted or not... sorry

seedbox.fr
10-18-2008, 11:22 PM
I haven't try register to the support

And you say "I can't contact them".

QwertyKey
10-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Seedbox.fr, can you use non-TF things on the dedicated server plans? If we want to set up uTorrent ourselves can we?

Neoworld
10-19-2008, 03:05 AM
Seems people are having speed issues on the Professional plans according to the forums. Is that why there now withdrawn? For 250 Euro you wouldn't be happy.

caleido
10-19-2008, 04:59 AM
I haven't try register to the support

And you say "I can't contact them".

If you notice what I've written in my previous posts since the beginning, I've never said that I can't contact you (as for it's hard, actually it's relative. It's my opinion that it's hard to contact you. Something wrong with my opinion?). The one that can't get into "support" and seems like haven't receive any replies one or other way seems like Xenus. Not me. I don't experiencing such trouble to get into the forum because I haven't even try to register into. As for why won't I, I'll explain below...

Don't missunderstand me. I did get replies from you after every 3 emails I've sent you. And I sent you those emails because I don't know what happened and you just stay silent in your replies (via email) and not giving any solution, not even you ever identified the exact problem (except through this thread at your previous post.

I did said that I don't bother with the forum. I just think that if a customer asked you through email, you need to reply them through email also, and to just redirect them to forum (which seems like forcing to join the forum) and blame them if they don't do so is just lame.

As for the forum, do you call that support? or you just place it there in hope for other confusing (maybe) member to try to help other members. ok I won't judge your forum since I'm not joining them. But, don't you consider your email address [email protected] as the real support? If so, you won't whine if someone ask for details information through email will you?

I don't know what makes you think and even quote (are you really copy paste?) that I said that I can't contact you. But if you have negative prejudice because these posts sound offending in any other way, that's because I am intend so...because I want you as the service provider to pay more attention to your backend service and customer service so that both side of us gain the benefit.

Negatively respond to these post won't get any result and benefit to both side of us. It'll just drag us all down and that's the last thing we all want because we as the customers have also stake our money there. But compared to your loss, you better pay more attention to your own business for your own good in the future....

in the end, if you prefer to post details of your progress in fixing problems in your forum only, do as you please. It's your call. JUst remember...this thread are for seedbox.fr since the beginning. so why don't you just use it to your advantage to gain more credibility instead of defending unimportant issues....

Just start a business with open minded...if all problems here just true, why don't you try to repair the credibility through this very thread. So what I'm telling you to do here (if you don't get it): post details,updates, progress and replies through this thread. And oh...the last thing you want from the members here is your inability to understand what happening here. Because that will force every member to give up their trust on you, and therefore stop posting their opinion here...

so, to OUR success!!

seedbox.fr
10-19-2008, 11:26 AM
long complaint

Last 3 days you have all the time to contact us by mail or at forum, and you don't. I have personnaly made support this week end, not seen your complaint.
call me back by mail, I will refund your account. billing at seedbox.fr

Seems people are having speed issues on the Professional plans according to the forums. Is that why there now withdrawn? For 250 Euro you wouldn't be happy.

No problems with Professionnals Packs. Registration is actually suspended because our stock is low, and we have some customers pending. The only problem was one (of 17) server hosting premium pack.

Regards,

caleido
10-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Last 3 days you have all the time to contact us by mail or at forum, and you don't. I have personnaly made support this week end, not seen your complaint.
call me back by mail, I will refund your account. billing at seedbox.fr

Regards,

Yes I haven't send any more emails since you haven't even reply my 2 emails since 2 and 3 days ago. I don't know if you understand or even read my emails? I have many frustating problems WITH YOUR FTP.
Let me repeat: I have problem with your FTP. I ordered the package since 10 okt. It's 19 Okt if you notice. total emails I've sent you are 8. You have 4 replies with no solution nor details about the problem. I began to wonder if you even understand that I can't use FTP to download my files and therefore it's partly useless. won't you agree with that?

I don't really get what's your point here. If you want to work things out, please do so. I personally just want thing to work out as it should be so that I can download my files down to my computer. As you know, I complain this much because I need seedbox to seed torrents, and I just want you to fix the current unknown-problems-with-no-clear-solution-except refund with the FTP server. What's wrong with that. I've even care to write these long posts to improve things. If you can't see it as feedback, that's your problem.

If you don't want to hear any more "complains" from me and just thinking of stop dealing with me, that's fine too. You can always send me what's your respond to this situation through emails. You can either inform me what's the problem with the FTP, what's the solution and when I can use it, or you can just don't care since I just ordered a medium pack, or of course you can always just ignore me. That's your decision. As you can see, not even once nor in emails I've ever mentioned to ask for refund. I myself prefer to continue using seedbox.fr since my files are all there, until you yourself don't think like be able to continue your service like this. So what's your problem...

My username is usern45g21. and you can always check my email address through that. So let me make it clearer if you just don't understand what I'm asking here:
I want you to send me details about the problem you're facing, why can't I use the FTP server until now, when can I use it, and what's your respond if I just won't be able to use it until certain date or is there any other solutions. And of course it's all done through email (If you really hate emailing, just reply something useful here...).

Of course If you prefer not to deal anymore with me, and don't care about my intention and my files in your server, you can always send me refund at now-you-know-email-address-via-username if you just didn't know which user among seedbox.fr customer I am all this time. I apologize for that.

I hope we can decide how things would end up from your next reply here...

regards

seedbox.fr
10-19-2008, 01:41 PM
I have problem with your FTP

Your FTP account works perfectly (rr4.seedbox.fr) :

$ ftp your.seedbox.fr
Connected to your.seedbox.fr (xx.xx.xx.xx).
220 xx.xx.xx.xx FTP server ready
Name (your.seedbox.fr:user): usern45g21
331 Password required for usern45g21
Password:
230 User usern45g21 logged in
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (xx,xx,xx,xx,xx).
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 2696 Oct 16 20:02 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 10 apache apache 240 Oct 10 14:41 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 288 Oct 10 14:34 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 4 apache apache 120 Oct 10 13:57 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 15 apache apache 552 Oct 15 18:06 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 5 apache apache 240 Oct 16 13:19 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 448 Oct 18 06:23 xxxxx
drwxr-xr-x 9 apache apache 216 Oct 10 13:57 xxxxx
226 Transfer complete

If you need help to setup FTP client, we can help you. Please contact us to our forum.

wld
10-24-2008, 12:47 PM
So how come you guys are completly offline right now?

No FTP, No WWW, No Seedbox, No homepage?

Edit; Fixed, they changed the url, great service a++

WhoopDeDoo
10-27-2008, 02:00 AM
So... a friend bought me the premium package here. So far I've tried to upload one torrent, and it just says "Processing Request" for ten minutes. Then I try and reload the page and it gets stuck at "Loading...". Great so far.:rolleyes::dabs:

wflux
10-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi, just registered just to answer this post.

Payed yesterday morning at 10am, now it's more than 24h but still no activation email received.

Hope my waiting will be well payed off.

wflux
10-29-2008, 09:01 AM
So, got my account up and running after 36 hours.

For now I can say that the web interface seems way too slow (sometimes it gets stuck on the "processing request" screen) and transfers speeds seem very very unstable. But, ticket support service was super fast with my help request (a typo in the activation email). Let's give it a try.. I'll keep you up to date if there are any news.

Cheers m8s

WhoopDeDoo
10-29-2008, 09:11 AM
So, got my account up and running after 36 hours.

For now I can say that the web interface seems way too slow (sometimes it gets stuck on the "processing request" screen) and transfers speeds seem very very unstable. But, ticket support service was super fast with my help request (a typo in the activation email). Let's give it a try.. I'll keep you up to date if there are any news.

Cheers m8s
I've been having the exact same problems. This is almost as annoying as SeedLayer was.:P

wflux
10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
After i set up the cookies, removed old torrents and then re-uploaded them, speed has really improved! I reached 15353.7kBps. Yes, it's almost fifteen megabytes per second!

Problem is the web interface. Too slow, sometimes is impossible to login at all. The problem seems to reside in the database server located elsewhere. Let you know if there are improvements. Cheers m8s!

3rddegree
10-30-2008, 09:08 PM
How long did it take for your guys boxes to be set up? been 36 hours so far. hehe, just waiting.

ericab
10-31-2008, 06:01 AM
How long did it take for your guys boxes to be set up? been 36 hours so far. hehe, just waiting.

:yay:

wflux
10-31-2008, 02:07 PM

For my seedbox it took almost 36 hours. When you get your activation email be ready for a "facepalm": if your account got set up on rr8.seedbox.fr then you're pretty much fu*ked! :P

Web interface on that one sucks: too slow. They say they're solving this issue (in fact, lately, is a little bit faster). Anyway cheap service = issue-ish service.

iceman3807
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM

let me know when u get 1 and tell me the review of it

3rddegree
10-31-2008, 09:42 PM
No problem. I sent them an email last night (I'm in NZ so its 10.40am on the 1st November) and got one back saying that it will be ready on the 3rd November. I'll post some thoughts once I have it. I have had both a Tzulo box and a Leeware box (before he nearly went bust) running Wine + Utorrent, so this is my first time with a Torrentflux style box.

Wflux, what is the problem with the rr8.seedbox.fr servers?

padawan
10-31-2008, 11:29 PM
so if seedbox.fr is a ovh reseller i guess they will have the same 10mbit limitation as seedhost.eu if used to excessively :ermm:

andra
11-01-2008, 12:33 AM
so if seedbox.fr is a ovh reseller i guess they will have the same 10mbit limitation as seedhost.eu if used to excessively :ermm:

they are not. .. they resell dedibox.fr

ericab
11-01-2008, 04:46 AM

/me agrees

pplush259
11-01-2008, 05:31 AM

dedibox doesnt have throttling like ovh but yeah they dont prefer p2p on their network, i'd stay away from dedibox coz ive heard many folks being thrown off using p2p without notice.

iceman3807
11-01-2008, 07:55 AM
No problem. I sent them an email last night (I'm in NZ so its 10.40am on the 1st November) and got one back saying that it will be ready on the 3rd November. I'll post some thoughts once I have it. I have had both a Tzulo box and a Leeware box (before he nearly went bust) running Wine + Utorrent, so this is my first time with a Torrentflux style box.

Bro On Which Date U Have Ordered Man They Have told U 3 Nov ????:O

I Have Ordered Them On 31 Oct At Approx 13:30 IST :unsure: Then When should I Expect 1 :frusty:

3rddegree
11-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey mate, I ordered it on the 29th October (NZ evening so it was early morning on the 29th in France).

wflux
11-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Few days ago, when the forums at seedbox.fr were still online, it seemed to me that a lot of people had trouble with rr8. Then i read an annoucement which said that they had problem with the database and then moved it to an external server. Maybe that's the source of problems. Infact sometimes web interface crashes sayin that there's been a problem with db connection.
Anyway, once you got your torrent uploaded and started, it's pretty good.

3rddegree
11-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Got my details today. pefect timing as it is lunch time on the 3rd November. It is a rr6 server.

xdanimalx
11-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I'm using their shared seedbox right now, UI is very laggy, speeds are decent, I'll give it 5/10.

3rddegree
11-03-2008, 05:02 AM
Yeah I agree. The UI is rather laggy but it works. I've had down speeds around 8mB/s and total uploads over 3 or 4 torrents around 10mB/s.

iceman3807
11-03-2008, 05:56 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/9jkuwh.jpg

working nice for me
3rddegree we are in same BOX rr6 server.
mine 7/10

wflux
11-03-2008, 06:17 AM
it seems they changed something on rr8 over the night. Ui is now fast enough, though they stop my torrents and i've been fuc*ing banned from torrentleech for hnr! damn french! :'(

3rddegree
11-03-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm partly using this box to help seed a friends TL brand new TL account. It's so difficult to seed with 48 hour wait times.

wflux
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Correction needed! I've been in TL help chat and i found my ban was NOT DUE TO SEEDBOX.FR! It was because i'm behind a shared ip network and they thought i have multi accounts. Hope to get this issue fixed, meanwhile i can assure this morning my SB is goin better then ever!

3rddegree
11-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Correction needed! I've been in TL help chat and i found my ban was NOT DUE TO SEEDBOX.FR! It was because i'm behind a shared ip network and they thought i have multi accounts. Hope to get this issue fixed, meanwhile i can assure this morning my SB is goin better then ever!

:O Hopefully this doesnt happen to me. I'm logging into a friends account at my home where I also log into my own account. Should I contact TL about this?

wflux
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM

:O Hopefully this doesnt happen to me. I'm logging into a friends account at my home where I also log into my own account. Should I contact TL about this?

Indeed man, write a mail to [email protected]! Cheers

padawan
11-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I've been waiting over 72 hours now to get my account activated :-/
In the age of internet and email that's like forever... :(

wflux
11-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I've been waiting over 72 hours now to get my account activated :-/
In the age of internet and email that's like forever... :(

I know, i waited for something like 36 hours. Hope you'll get your account soon. Try writing an email to the support.

seedbox.fr
11-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi,

Seedbox.fr is in vacation. Next deliveries : November, 10 2008
Periods will start at first account connection (not date of paiement).

Best regards

padawan
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
wft... :-/

would'be been nice if you posted this on your website. if i had known that, I wouldn't have signed up for your "service" and I would have a seedbox by now. jeez.

well anyways, enjoy your holidays.

WhoopDeDoo
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM

would'be been nice if you posted this on your website. if i had known that, I wouldn't have signed up for your "service" and I would have a seedbox by now. jeez.

And you wonder why they didn't?:P

seedbox.fr
11-05-2008, 06:45 PM

Sorry, it is hollidays in france.

Ask a refund, you will receive it today or tomorrow.

regards

CazBandit
11-06-2008, 12:44 AM
So why did you tell me in your helpdesk ticket (#624262):

Mon, Nov 3 2008 11:25pm - Seedbox.fr Support Dear,
your account will be delivered in few hours.
best regards

I have sent a couple replies since then with no response:

Tue, Nov 4 2008 8:04pm Wow. That's a long "few" hours. Still waiting. The other host that I am trying had me login details in under 15 minutes.

Wed, Nov 5 2008 8:54pm Guys, what's the status on this? Your few hours is almost a few days now. Either provide the login details or refund me.

Totally unacceptable. I'll take the refund.

Hi,

Seedbox.fr is in vacation. Next deliveries : November, 10 2008
Periods will start at first account connection (not date of paiement).

Best regards

3rddegree
11-06-2008, 05:46 AM
:pinch: Looks like rr6 has gone down. Cant ping it but can ping rr8.

iceman3807
11-06-2008, 05:50 AM

Its Working For Me Brother

3rddegree
11-06-2008, 05:53 AM

Its Working For Me Brother

:wacko: I keep getting timeout errors.

iceman3807
11-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Seedbox.fr Today 10 Nov U Committed The Delivery

Shipping Company: Seedbox.fr
Shipment Tracking Number: 041108-003
Transaction Date: 04-Nov.-2008 01:55:59 PST

waiting for ur reply

ρяιη¢єкαкα007
11-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Hello

I paid for the seedbox but havent recieved the info yet .... Can u plz tell me when will i get it ?

unknown1234
11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
hello

me too paid for the seedbox i recevied the shipment tracking number but yet no info and no details of the seedbox account. whn will i get it ...???

wflux
11-10-2008, 07:33 PM
As i told earlier, i waited for 36 hours.. Be patient..

makwi
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Got someone ftp acces activated? I opened ticket and sent many e-mails, but got NO answers (no ftp) yet.
little review:
UI is TOO SLOW!(maby a reason that I`m on rr6 server...???)
Down speed is OK. (I have about 10-30Mbit yesterday)
UP speed is quite Ok for me (about 0-3Mbit, for a short time(1-2hours, at night) it was almost 6Mbit)
So a BIG "-" is their support! After I get my account details, No answers more at all!

aziraphale
11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
@wflux

I've currently waited 72 hours, with no contact other than my paypal receipt. I've tried sending them an email and will possibly try opening a ticket on their support desk... without an account number, if it will let me. Hopefully something happens soon.

-A

ahsan
11-12-2008, 01:43 AM
^ seedbox.fr are slow sometimes.. their server delivery time varies a lot..

tsurfer
11-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Yup.. the wait is much longer than 36 hours. I paid on the 4th and just hit the 7 day mark today. On the positive side, they responded to one of my emails within a few minutes. Looks like they were on vacation last week and are still getting caught up. You can request a refund if you want.. I'm going to a wait a few more days.

drwho2005
11-12-2008, 02:44 AM
i got set up within a few minutes, cant complain there.
but other than that..it's crappy.
you cant
-download a torrent and selectivly download certain files init to your box. You have to down load everything within that torrent
-cant creat torrent from the files on your box
-seeding speed is incredibly slow.

I used it for an hour. It isnt for me i think. Have request refund.

ahsan
11-12-2008, 03:41 AM
^ true... I also used them, and the speeds are worst ever especially if u are used to a dedicated server lol

sometimes active torrents stop on their own and you have to restart them....

makwi
11-12-2008, 08:55 AM
so.. a new day and new problem: I cant login into my account; I put in my login data, page loads and it seems to be login, but the page is/stays blank(no TF, its in Mozilla; IE says something like "Couldnt open the site"). Ping to the server is ok. I tried to login on 2 different PCs - the same result.((((( My tickets(its possible to open one, but I get no ticket number on my e-mail(gmail.com)) and e-mails arent answered.
Are there people with the same problem? Any ideas?
p.s.: sorry for my English

CazBandit
11-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Same here. You on the rr6.seedbox.fr server?

I wish that they would have refunded me as I requested but it looks like they decided to just take my money instead.

Took them 7 days to deliver my login and then when I told them not to but to refund me instead they ignored that and finally did provide the login details about 10 hours later. The ticket is still "open" and no one has responded since I told them to refund me. These people are a joke.

Here is a copy of my "support" ticket with them:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon, Nov 3 2008 7:29pm
Just wondering if you have sent me access details for my account. I haven't seen anything except for a shipment and order status email sent via paypal. (copy below)

===========
Seller's Name: CNL
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Transaction ID: 7JU395791T2054117
Transaction Date: Nov. 1, 2008 20:27:05 CDT Transaction Amount: 9.00 EUR

The seller has provided the following Shipment Tracking Information for your review:

Shipping Company: Seedbox.fr
Shipment Tracking Number: 031108-006

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your review:

Order Status: En cours de traitement
============

Thanks,
Chad

Mon, Nov 3 2008 11:25pm - Seedbox.fr Support
Dear,

your account will be delivered in few hours.

best regards

Tue, Nov 4 2008 8:04pm
Wow. That's a long "few" hours. Still waiting. The other host that I am trying had me login details in under 15 minutes.

Wed, Nov 5 2008 8:54pm
Guys, what's the status on this? Your few hours is almost a few days now. Either provide the login details or refund me.

Thu, Nov 6 2008 10:31pm
Still waiting.....

Sat, Nov 8 2008 4:25am
And STILL waiting... This is officially the LONGEST "few hours" I have seen.

Sun, Nov 9 2008 8:57pm
A "few" more hours have passed and STILL no login details or a refund.

Sun, Nov 9 2008 10:06pm - Seedbox.fr Support
We are sorry for delay. Your ticket has accidentely be closed.

Your account will be delivered at novembre, 10.

best regards

Mon, Nov 10 2008 12:39am
Don't deliver it. Refund it.

wflux
11-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm sorry to hear this from you guys. Until now, for me at least, it's still working quite good (the webui is still too slow though). Anyway i got myself a kimsufi so i'll get rid of this seedbox account which is payed until november 27th as soon as my kimi is ready. Someone's interested? I'm on rr8 anyway. Obviously i won't charge you anything, i'll give it away for free, just offer me something for it (ie invites or something else, really don't care) and i'll choose the best offer.

Cheers guys.

Message to the mods: i know trading is not allowed in this section but i cannot post in the dedicated thread of this forum because my account is still under 30-days-activity. Hope you don't mind. If so, i'm sorry.

makwi
11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
@CazBandit

Same here. You on the rr6.seedbox.fr server?yup, I`m on the rr6 server. If u read the topic, u`d know that many people have had problems with rr6 only...the other servers seems be better.
I asked them to move my acc to one of other their servers, but they dont answers to me at all.(I asked for fpt acces, too)

upd: wflux, rr8 and rr4 seems have no problem, only rr6.... I`d like to get ur acc, but I have no invites yet, I bought the seedbox to buffer my accounts on the trackers..Invites usually given to PowerUser or higher u know, but I`m still not...((((

upd2: wflux write me to the [email protected] ur email, I´ll give u my icq to conversate about the deal;)

seedbox.fr
11-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi,

It seems there are abusers on rr6. Some users (6) have started +300 torrents and use 1500Go disk space.

So, we are deleting abusers accounts and all users using rr6 have 7 days added to their period for free (automatically).

RR6 should be ok in few hours.

Best regards

makwi
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi,

It seems there are abusers on rr6. Some users (6) have started +300 torrents and use 1500Go disk space.

So, we are deleting abusers accounts and all users using rr6 have 7 days added to their period for free (automatically).

Best regards
they are not "6 user", they are 6 :censored::censored::censored::emule::emule::emule:
If the speed on rr6 will be like last night (about 20-30mbit), then +7 days sound very very good:yup: anyway, seedbox.fr, thanks for the information.

CazBandit
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Still not working for me. When you say "few hours" are you sure you don't mean a "few days"?

Hi,

Best regards

CazBandit
11-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Still not working for me. Are you sure when you say "few hours" that you don't mean "few days"?

makwi
11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Still not working for me. Are you sure when you say "few hours" that you don't mean "few days"?
Hm..it works for me now:)... joke...bad joke..it`s stlill not working.
If seedbox.fr would say "few days", so we(customers) would think "few weeks":D Using "few hours" he takes care of our nerves;)

upd.:my torrents from yesterday are running(it`s not a joke) and up on the trackers is growing...

drwho2005
11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
delete a torrent..takes many minutes....add a torrent ..takes many minutes...
server told me that a certain torrent was already on the sserver..i adnt put it there yet.
I have 5 torrents on it and its taken me two hours to get there!
This is ridiculous.
I have emailed them and no response.
now trying to refresh the page and it just wont refresh..
this is silly now
I want a refund i think
or a working server.
fahq

ericab
11-13-2008, 03:16 AM
server told me that a certain torrent was already on the sserver..i adnt put it there yet.
This is ridiculous.
this is silly now
I want a refund i think
or a working server.
fahq

this is unacceptable.

give this man a refund if he wishes please.

ρяιη¢єкαкα007
11-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Here are the details of the transfer :

Seller's Name: CNL
Seller's Email: info@seedbox fr
Transaction ID: 4FM77833H1790614F
Transaction Date: Nov 5, 2008 21:56:11 PST
Transaction Amount: 9 00 EUR
Shipment Tracking Number: 101108-003

If you guys cant deliver in 8 days .. then I expect bad service frm you guys ,....
If I dont get the login details ftp etc.
REFUND my money

seedbox.fr
11-13-2008, 10:03 AM

Account delivered. Our ticket system requieres not using hotmail or msn email to register. Please call use back with another adress.

steph
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
This is ridiculous.
this is silly now
I want a refund i think
or a working server.
fahq

Seedbox.fr cost 9€ per month. For this, you can download, seed, FTP, with good bandwith and absolutly no limits.
System is based on queue. If you click 12x on refresh, 34x on delete, don't be surprise if you lose your time.

Steph', seedbox.fr team

makwi
11-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Need help!(to wait for an answer from support...."few....":))
What should I do to use the "rss" for download and start torrents in my account?

ubjeckle
11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
I currently have 4 seedbox accounts

1 from santrex - 200-600 kpbs i maxed out on this ( speeds not so good)
1 from rtorrentshare ( varies have reached 6mbps download and 3mbps upload)
and 2 from seedbox.fr ( very good speed , could do with another webui though)

i must say the first day or so on rr6 was a bit slow but when they came back off holiday, or what ever it was, the speeds have been fantasic on average depending on seeders and leechers i have been reaching and maintaining about 2-8 mpbs upload speeds on diff torrents on the same box, and about 6mbps - 10mbps download. The only think i dont really like about the service is the webui interface.

ρяιη¢єкαкα007
11-14-2008, 01:14 AM

Account delivered. Our ticket system requieres not using hotmail or msn email to register. Please call use back with another adress.

Plz send account info @ [email protected] ([email protected]) asap

drwho2005
11-14-2008, 01:39 AM
This is ridiculous.
this is silly now
I want a refund i think
or a working server.
fahq

Seedbox.fr cost 9€ per month. For this, you can download, seed, FTP, with good bandwith and absolutly no limits.
System is based on queue. If you click 12x on refresh, 34x on delete, don't be surprise if you lose your time.

Steph', seedbox.fr team

This is how you speak to customers?
I had legitimate concerns and you be rude?

pplush259
11-14-2008, 05:31 AM
i guess if seedbox.fr's interface isnt good to handle load, they shud rethink about a backup plan to ensure their webui works well..

NfoGuru
11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Im very instrested the GB server of seedbox.fr.

qq2233
11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I signed up for a seedbox.fr account yesterday but the communication between them and me have some what been non-existent. I'd probably wait 48hrs but I really start panicking.

ubjeckle
11-14-2008, 08:36 PM
qq2233 give it some time it took rougly around 3 days for both my accounts.

qq2233
11-15-2008, 02:29 AM
qq2233 give it some time it took rougly around 3 days for both my accounts.

Thanks for the heads up, can you comment on the quality of the service?

So far I'm hearing very different opinions..:blink:

unknown1234
11-15-2008, 03:13 AM
qq2233 the speed is low and the interface is slow but the torrent adding and starting takes little time but the service ok not that bad .

i wanted to knw if i had 5ftp accounts how should i create anoda one ...

drwho2005
11-15-2008, 05:06 AM
the whole thing is shite.
It just took me 15 flapping minutes to add a torrent
Others have been taking about 10 minutes to add.
And dont try deleting..fark, that takes many minutes too.
Ive had other cheapie boxes before and none have been anywhere as near as incredibly slow as this.
I just tried jumping on a show that is always popular..there was one seeder and i jumped on it a few secs after it was upped.
by the time it loaded there were 40 seeds.

These people ignore email and come in here and be rude.
Avoid them.
There are other cheap seedboxes that wont cause this crap

btw..the latest torrent im trying to add has been loading for 18 minutes.

makwi
11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
My opinion after a week of usage: NO MORE.. UI - suks, Speed - average(during the week) ~100-200kB but it was ~5-15Mbit up (short time)... i`ve got it at my home connection too..
support - ... no words, they answer after "few days" thanks that not "weeks"
So - no more cheap resellers and services...

viper151
11-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Guys its cheap and for what they offer i think its very good..
Although i've never used it i think that for starters is a very good approach..

drwho2005
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
cheap doesnt have to mean ch*t.
18 minutes to add a torrent?
that is no way 'very good'

jaszypoo
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
cheap doesnt have to mean ch*t.
18 minutes to add a torrent?
that is no way 'very good'

Thats horrible. Probably means the box is crowded. Too many people on it. Server load is probably crazy ridiculous.

drwho2005
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
-had a torrent take so far ( whilst im typing this ) 7 minutes to process a stop
-took me over 5 minutes to delete 5 files
-Takes me a few minutes everytime i want to delete a torrent file

ubjeckle
11-16-2008, 01:25 PM
see if once you click to delete the torrent on the web interface open another browser and open up your seed box page and you will see it is already stopped, same with adding and starting torrents as well , as the guy from seedbox.fr said it is on a queue system.

ρяιη¢єкαкα007
11-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Its limite now ...
Its 12 days now
No info .. nothing at all
Last chance i am giving 2 u guys ... giv me the acc info or refund money
This kinda experince hav never had
Either refund or i am gonna case u guys thru paypal ..
i also wrote gmail id after ur previous reply

aziraphale
11-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I'd advise everyone to avoid. I requested a refund after waiting over forty hours (via a support ticket), and then ten hours later I received account activation information - with incorrect login details. I emailed back point out my previous email, and again requesting a refund. They they sent me new account login information. I replied again with my refund request, and then I was sent a reply to my original ticket, telling me that the account had been delivered and that the ticket was now closed. I've just emailed them again, with copies of all correspondence, again asking for a refund.

They don't reply to email, and they ignore customers. I haven't even logged into the service or used it, as I just want my cash back - but seedbox.fr are ignoring me completely.

Stay away.

-A

drwho2005
11-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Can i recommend that everyone put in a dispute with paypal.
Perhaps they can do something.
Enough disputed go in and someone will have to take notice.

seedbox.fr
11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Its limite now ...
Its 12 days now

We have only 4 days of delay for orders. It should be solved tomorrow.
Did you open a ticket to support?

drwho2005
11-18-2008, 03:21 AM
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

4 days and ignoring all emails.

and they sent me my set up details again for no reason- and it was for rr8 when im on rr4

UncleBob
11-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Initial setup... took 5 days from the moment of payment.

Web interface... is extremely slow. Only a few times it was responding quite well, but it is was an exception. Starting/stopping/etc torrents goes way too slow. Sometimes if I start a DL, I can see the torrent gets already downloaded by other ppl, while it has not yet been started with the seedbox, as it could take 10+ minutes for the box to respond.

Speeds... Hard to say actually because web ui refreshing very slow, and there's no ability to check out burst speeds. Biggest what I seen was about 1.something MB/s for both UL/DL. Speed is not stable and varying very much from very low to 1MB/s.

FTP... works quite well for me. I can DL from the seedbox at full speed of my home 7Mbps ADSL. Using the DL manager, so cannot tell much about disconnects. I just don't care because download resuming is supported. Hovewer, an unpleasant surprise that you cannot delete files from FTP, you got to do it through helluva speedy web interface.

Support... Well, my support ticket is unanswered within 3 days and it's really terrible.

It was waste of money to sign up with the service. Unfortunately, I have found this thread too late. Could find a better option how to spend this 9EUR.

I wouldn't recommend to sign up with the service. However, it could be an option if you're going to seed torrents long time.

PS. I have an account at rr6 server.

iceman3807
11-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Its limite now ...
Its 12 days now

We have only 4 days of delay for orders. It should be solved tomorrow.
Did you open a ticket to support?

what so u mean by u opened teh ticket brother i have opened the ticket 14 Nov Today Is 23rd ??? wht u have to say regardin this i am havein already 2 servers with u & i have almost refered and invited 10-15 freind from bwt and now i feel i & my Freinds have been cheatd by u get me full refund or give the proper service or shut ur site down,:angry:

Waitng for your final reply or else all will file a case to paypal & and we will not keep not a single forum empty to inform all the peoples not to buy from seedbox.fr. they cheat peoples.

Can Any Reply With Which Server U all Are In rr4 Or rr6 so We Will Get Idea This Peoples Have Put How Many on 1 Server

drwho2005
11-23-2008, 12:33 AM
im on rr4.

If you want to do a dispute with paypal, we should all do one.
Im in.

makwi
11-24-2008, 02:08 PM
What a shit?! rr6 is down again! It`s ubeliveable! rr4 and rr8 are running..

iceman3807
11-24-2008, 06:59 PM
i am goin to file a case against seedbox.fr in paypal for refund...i am hell tired with the service now i want refund or next whole month free for both my accounts in rr4 & rr6 without any lagging or hanging etc....

kirren
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
dude it sucks, the download speed is ok, but the upload sucks, only around 400kb/s.
Now half the time the servers are down, the other half the servers are lagging like hell. I know 9 euro's might sound cheap but what you get is cheap as well

DONT BOTHER BUYING THIS, IT SUCKS

iceman3807
11-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I Purely Suggest To All New Viewers Who Are Planning To Buy This Damm Called Cheap Server @ 9 Euros You Will Be Wasting Your Money By Getting This one Firstly It Take 34 Days To Setup And Give A Damm Single Reply For Login & no Customer Support . Hangs Like anything u will thing better not to use this thing.
the only thing is i would suggest is that unless the seedbox.fr doesnt apologize & Repute there service with current members i would sugest not to buy until further views from the users who have already wasted 9 euros on it

CazBandit
11-25-2008, 04:59 AM
I'm sick of this also. Just tried to view the status of my first ticket and apparently they have deleted it, unanswered, so I had to submit a new one. I'm on rr6 also and it's been down for at least a day now I think. Pathetic!

Anyone thinking about giving them money... RUN AWAY as fast as you can!

badshah
11-25-2008, 05:06 PM
anyone who has opened dispute against paypal dont close it if the problem is solved. you have 20 days to close the dispute so wait till that time and test it fully.

One more thing i suggest to everyone, lets advertise about this fraud on every website forums we are member of .... this will prevent others from getting cheated for "cheap services".

I am on rr6 which is down.

message on homepage is "RR6 server is currently in hardware maintenance."

its been more than 24hrs to that.

I have been facing all the issues discussed above ... slow web interface, slow downloading and uploading, slow while adding deleting, stopping torrents.

I have opened dispute with paypal, and I recommend everyone to do the same and dont close the dispute immediately if its resolved in ur case.

let it be open till 20 days, because if you close the dispute, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE TO ESCALATE MATTERS TO PAYPAL.

makwi
11-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Can someone write here a disput example, so that it be grammatical and so good and right. or pm me..

kirren
11-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Omg rr6 is still down, 5th day or something.

Seedbox.fr sucks guys I bet the french guy on the site is going to say he's sorry and we all get another month - i dont care because it will just be like it was : f*** up

namus
11-29-2008, 03:19 PM
hmmm ... without going through these feedbacks, I had placed an order on 18-Nov and did not receive any single mail from them as yet. When I place a dispute at Paypal after 10 days, they respond there that they have already delivered!!!!! I have escalated the dispute to claim, but I am not sure whether I'll get a refund.

Did anybody ever get a refund from them?

UncleBob
11-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm still waiting for rr6 to go up again. I got a support reply (holy mother, i'm lucky!) that they gonna prolong the membership... I ain't gonna dispute for money back, as I'm still planning to have some long-play torrents there (that I cannot host on my anoter box due to torrents number limitation) until my account is expired. When they're up, they're slow, but not too slow. And it's anyway giving some ratio. And FTP works quite good for me.

But after that no more seedbox.fr.

seedbox.fr
12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Dear,

RR6 is under synflood attack since lot of days. Our provider has simply shut down connection link.
We refund all customers on this server.

regards

canopus
12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
anybody who got kimsufi from FRA?

ela
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
It isn't worth to buy from seedbox.fr ? Does it suck so much?

seedbox.fr
12-01-2008, 04:14 PM
RR6 is up and running now.
Thanks to all customers for patience.

UncleBob
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
After coming back online rr6 seems to be much better. Almost no lags and speeds much better. I've got stable 10-12Mbit upload while seeding the only torrent and web ui is responding quite reasonably. Probably, there are not all users came back to their boxes, as there were e-mail announcing rr6 is up, but so far so good. Waiting for good fresh torrent to come to check speeds.

ela
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Should I try it or it's a waste of money?

babadoux
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
After coming back online rr6 seems to be much better. Almost no lags and speeds much better. I've got stable 10-12Mbit upload while seeding the only torrent and web ui is responding quite reasonably. Probably, there are not all users came back to their boxes, as there were e-mail announcing rr6 is up, but so far so good. Waiting for good fresh torrent to come to check speeds.

You suscribed to the 9 Euros/month offer? What do ya think of it?

UncleBob
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes, 9 EUR/mo. At page 15 of this thread I have already posted my opinion. However, novadays it works ok. Well, rr6 server at least. Yeah, lagging, but not as much as before. Speeds are not great anyway. Yesterday DL was jumping from 200KB/sec to about 2MB/sec, and UL up to 1MB/sec. Uploaded total about 40GB last 24 hours.

But the server was down for almost a week... And while looking through this thread I found it to be quite a common thing on there. I think I will not prolong my membership. However, if you want just to increase your ratio on some tracker, this box can be an option I think...

I've got another box already, two times more expensive, but with lots of space and helluva times more reliable.

babadoux
12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, 9 EUR/mo. At page 15 of this thread I have already posted my opinion. However, novadays it works ok. Well, rr6 server at least. Yeah, lagging, but not as much as before. Speeds are not great anyway. Yesterday DL was jumping from 200KB/sec to about 2MB/sec, and UL up to 1MB/sec. Uploaded total about 40GB last 24 hours.

But the server was down for almost a week... And while looking through this thread I found it to be quite a common thing on there. I think I will not prolong my membership. However, if you want just to increase your ratio on some tracker, this box can be an option I think...

I've got another box already, two times more expensive, but with lots of space and helluva times more reliable.

Thanks for the review.

And where is hosted your new box?

UncleBob
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM
seedplace.eu

babadoux
12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
seedplace.eu
Thanks. ASAP one is available, I'll take one

canopus
12-04-2008, 10:17 PM
who is reseller here OVH.fr?

UncleBob
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Just FYI, eventually my rr6 box returned to the state it was before going down. Slow responding and UL/DL speeds like 200KB/sec. It's just a headache to add a new torrent and then set up for how many UL/DL it should run (if you forgot to set this, torrent will stop after it's DLed). So it's like several minutes of wait until you see the torrent added, then click config, then more minutes of wait until the config window is opened, then after changing settings wait more time for settings to get applied.

[edit: offer expired ;)]

viper151
12-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Seedbox.fr : No bandwith limit for ALL servers. 100 Mbit/s guarantee.

how can they offer that?? :/ They are using ovh right?

High-Level-Guy
12-09-2008, 04:19 AM
how fast is this going

seedbox.fr
12-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Just FYI, eventually my rr6 box returned to the state it was before going down. Slow responding and UL/DL speeds like 200KB/sec. It's just a headache to add a new torrent and then set up for how many UL/DL it should run (if you forgot to set this, torrent will stop after it's DLed). So it's like several minutes of wait until you see the torrent added, then click config, then more minutes of wait until the config window is opened, then after changing settings wait more time for settings to get applied.

[edit: offer expired ;)]

It is because some people who have free days (due to shutdown period) are abusing of system at the end of their period. We are cleaning that actually. Anyway rr6 is going to shut down (we'll change raid controler).

Just for information : people who are abusing of disk quota and/or torrent number will see their account deleted without warning.

As I said since the begining, we do NOT use kimsuffi. We use real servers with premium bandwith.

ScousePete
12-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Let me share my seedbox.fr experience with you.

I was in the market for my first seedbox. So I did some research. I didn't want to spend a whole bunch of money on my first one, but I did want to have more than a couple of torrents running.

I came acorss seedbox.fr. 9 euros a month ($11.72), price was great for what they were offering. Ever heard that expresssion, "Too good to be true"?.......

I paid on 11/17 - got an automated message saying my account would be setup within 72 hours
I emailed on 11/21 asking when it would be set up
Got a reply on 11/22 saying "Your account will be delivered today"
On 11/23 still not set up, sent another email
Got reply on 11/24 "Your account will be delivered in few minutes."
11/25 Still not set up
11/26 Still not set up sent another email
11/27 Reply "our account system is actually down. You will receive your details asap, please note that your period will start at your first connection to interface."
11/28 Nothing
11/29 Sent an email asking for a refund
11/30 Nothing
12/1 Reply "We had problem with our account system. Your account will be delivered today (CEST). If you can't wait, you can ask a refund via paypal."
So I filed a paypal dispute
Next day I got my log-in info. Took two weeks

Interface - Very slow, takes many minutes to load a new torrent. By default, seeding stops after 100% (which sucks), to change that takes many more minutes.

Speed - seems ok, but the interface is not real time, so who knows

FTP - Easy, getting speeds of 3-5 MB/s

So, when my month is up I will probably be canceling unless they improve big time. Server seems to be very crowded (rr6)

Thanh
12-10-2008, 06:30 AM
So, when my month is up I will probably be canceling unless they improve big time. Server seems to be very crowded (rr6)

My experience is similar except for the account creation. In my case, they were fast. However, the UI is slow, hard drivers are also slow since it takes forever to check file hashes.

I also dislike the fact that they removed the group action menu so each torrent has to be stopped individually.

I also dislike that you have to seed the seeding ratio for every torrent since the default is 1:1.

I also dislike that you can't create torrent.

That being said, there reasonably fast and the space/#torrents for the price is unbeatable. Like you, I'll probably cancel after my first month.

skiners
12-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I think it is worth to buy seedbox for 3 euros? Read the comments and have different views, others say that everything is OK, others say that it is time spending...

badshah
12-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Anyway rr6 is going to shut down (we'll change raid controler).

dude, what do u mean by that ? down again ? what if my period is not over yet ?

I think it is worth to buy seedbox for 3 euros? Read the comments and have different views, others say that everything is OK, others say that it is time spending...

not worth a single penny mate. spend some more money for more reliable server for just one month which will give u peace of mind and boost ratio big time.

this server sucks big time, u wont be uploading more than 5 to 10gb in a day with all 15 torrents running .... which means 150gb in whole month.

my friend has a server which uploaded 300gb in a week, only for 1 torrent, leave alone everything else.

pplush259
12-10-2008, 06:36 PM
It is because some people who have free days (due to shutdown period) are abusing of system at the end of their period. We are cleaning that actually. Anyway rr6 is going to shut down (we'll change raid controler).

Just for information : people who are abusing of disk quota and/or torrent number will see their account deleted without warning.

As I said since the begining, we do NOT use kimsuffi. We use real servers with premium bandwith.

r u able to confirm which server host are u attached with?

prisoneric
12-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I order that seedbox 4 days ago... they don´t answer even email... Just wonder how long it can take... Do you think I should report them to paypal?
Anyone tried they dedicated box? Is it okey?

Sorry my english :P

badshah
12-12-2008, 05:52 PM
^ well, yes. report paypal & ask refund.

here we are saying no more seedbox.fr & u r asking for dedicated box ?

hell NO!

canopus
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
No exits anybody who is reseller from france?

Man1923
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I really like this seedbox. upload: 6 MB, download 10 MB .

Windhoek
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Seedbox is good for your money!

UncleBob
12-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Thank you seedbox.fr for deleting my account yesterday. Let me remind you, that you forgot to prolong it to compensate rr6 downtime. Thanks but no thanks.

Never again.

darkside87
12-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I just ordered a account pay'd thourgh PayPal and got no response from their site what should I do now?

CazBandit
12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you seedbox.fr for deleting my account yesterday. Let me remind you, that you forgot to prolong it to compensate rr6 downtime. Thanks but no thanks.

Never again.

Same here. I tried to log in like last week or something and found that I couldn't. Don't really care I guess as I went and bought a dedicated seedbox from a real company that provides excellent service and setup time.

Again... anyone thinking about giving these people your money... Run away as fast as you can.

Man1923
12-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I order that seedbox 4 days ago... they don´t answer even email... Just wonder how long it can take... Do you think I should report them to paypal?
Anyone tried they dedicated box? Is it okey?

Sorry my english :P

Same problem !!! ooohhh,jesus :angry::angry::angry:

seedbox.fr
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
We are going to deliver accounts today and tomorrow. thanks for patience.

best regards

Man1923
12-23-2008, 01:21 PM
it'a about time..

darkside87
12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I already reported to PayPal hope that you will really deliver those accounts

demanyak
02-26-2009, 05:42 AM
hi seedbox.fr how much day for accout active?

pone44
02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Interested in what happened above? How many days did you wait from the time you got billed on paypal till you got service info??

demanyak
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Your Order ************** (placed on 25 février 2009):)

demanyak
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
:( five days but no active

$SnoopDo2G$
03-03-2009, 03:09 AM
u got pwnd... seedbox.fr are like scamming people im sure,
i've tried them too and same shit... they said my acc was ready and only after two weeks of waitin....
:lol: and when i received the account details,
i can only login in FTP, no interface nothing Bullshit SCAM !!!
Beware people those guys are real crooks !!! NEVER TRUST SEEDBOX.FR !!!

westside
03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Where is situated Seedbox.fr ?

seedbox.fr
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
i can only login in FTP, no interface nothing

Please open ticket support

:( five days but no active

we are late for dedicated and easy (9€)servers. tomorrow everybody will be delivered.