PDA

View Full Version : Tophos tracker

saulin
10-04-2008, 02:23 AM
I was just browsing the site and I see over 5000 torrents but no leechers and barely some seeders.

The most seeded torrent has 73 seeders and it's free leech and has 4 leechers. A lot of torrents have 1-2 seeders.

The torrent with the most leechers has 9 leechers and 1 seeder. Does this tracker especialize on anything especial or is it just another general tracker that really needs more active users?

I mean I don't even use the tracker cause what speeds can I really get from 1-2 seeders at this tracker?

yayyyyyy
10-04-2008, 09:09 AM
you can get FULL SPEED there even with just 1 seeder ;)

they "specialize" in screeners...

screeners = FAIL
screeners + low amount of peers = EPIC FAIL

:D

ajsi
10-04-2008, 09:26 AM

Screeners = fail
screeners + low amount of peers = epic fail

:d:d

whiteboy
10-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Its still a weak site :whistling

Dont forget ths has 5000 torrents and sct has nearly 20,000 with some bad ass pack full of much more then that.

Detale
10-04-2008, 06:51 PM
The site cant be lacking peers as much as you guys say.
I just browsed the site they have quite a few releases with over 250 snatches...

Comparing to a site like SCT...
I just checked a release they have 408 snatches on.
I checked the same exact release on THS..
They have 157 snatches.
(THS acctually had this release sooner after pre than SCT did as well.)
Compare the fact that SCT userbase is a little over 5 times the size of the THS userbase...
If they were the same size based on estimations from both snatch totals there would be approx: 785 snatches on the same file on THS if their userbase was the same size as SCT.

Again comparing to SCT....Checking the current users online panel.
Users Online 263 = SCT
Users Online 63 = THS
Given these totals....
Multiply the 63 *5(size difference between the sites...)
THS would then have an average of 315 users online browsing in the last 15 minutes if it were the same size userbase as SCT.</p>
Comparing speeds:I randomly selected 30 torrents that were over 10 weeks old on the 3 following sites....
THS, T-D, and SCT.
These files had 1 - 10 seeders.
THS file speeds were between 250 - 547k (Overall Averaging 341K. Most had 1 seeder.)
T-D speeds were between 0.06k - 431k (Overall averaging 63.9k. Most had 4 seeders.)
SCT speeds were between 9.6K - 143.9k (Overall averaging 41.6k. Most had 10-11 seeders.)
(again... speeds based on the fact the files are over 10 weeks old on the site.)

Lastly comparing the snatches with the seeders and leechers vs SCT.
For the torrents I randomly selected which were on both sites.
THS continued to have more seeders on the files per completed snatch than SCT did on the same files per amount completed.
(Sums up... more people on THS like to seed the files.)
THSSeeders 8,992
Leechers = 112
80 seeders for every 1 leech.

SCTSeeders 148,262
Leechers 7,881
18 Seeders for every 1 leech.

P.S. Take into account with the THS seedbonus. You technically shouldnt even have to seed files for more then 40 hrs to get them completely ratio free.
If your using seedbonus with irc idle bonus you shouldnt have to seed them for more than 20 hrs to get the same files ratio free.

(Based on 700MB file size avg.)

Compare that with SCT and FTN and similair sites. If you want to see the differances

Very informative, well thought out and extremely well put, BUT this is all irrelevant because this is all based on "if they were the same size" and "if TH had this" the fact is they are not. It's like saying a 6 year old could beat up an 18 year if the 6 year old was 25.

Detale
10-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I know YOU do

redMonster
10-05-2008, 12:28 AM
you can get FULL SPEED there even with just 1 seeder ;)

screeners = FAIL
screeners + low amount of peers = EPIC FAIL

:Dgood one :D

puckface
10-05-2008, 12:55 AM
here we go again

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn.......

saulin
10-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Yikes still only 4 leechers for the torrent with the most leechers and now 54 seeders for the most seeded torrent.

Pretty weak. I'm afraid to try to grab anything cause it might just take hours to download.

45 users online right now.

SenorBubbz
10-05-2008, 02:57 AM
here we go again

Supposed to extend the u, not the n.

So it would go "dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun"

:D:01::whistling:shutup:

respawn40
10-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Yikes still only 4 leechers for the torrent with the most leechers and now 54 seeders for the most seeded torrent.

Pretty weak. I'm afraid to try to grab anything cause it might just take hours to download.

OK, now you're clearly trying to start something. Nobody needs this, so just cut it out :mellow:

puckface
10-05-2008, 04:10 AM

Supposed to extend the u, not the n.

So it would go "dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun"

:D:01::whistling:shutup:

hey man... I've got a speech impediment

Funkin'
10-05-2008, 04:27 AM
I've actually been very interested in this site. I hope it's not as bad(meaning lacking activity) as saulin is making it sound.

Detale
10-05-2008, 05:55 AM

OK, now you're clearly trying to start something. Nobody needs this, so just cut it out :mellow:

No one is starting anything, people have the right to their opinions here as long as it doesn't break the rules. Do you honestly expect everyone to absolutely love TH?? So why don't YOU cut it out.

jars
10-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Very informative, well thought out and extremely well put, BUT this is all irrelevant because this is all based on "if they were the same size" and "if TH had this" the fact is they are not. It's like saying a 6 year old could beat up an 18 year if the 6 year old was 25.:D, exactly.

Artemis
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Some people go eat cookies and buckets of ice cream to drown out their sorrow in their relationships in life.Where others like Saulin like to down out their sorrow by leaving negative comments about sites hes in fact banned from for trading.

Ahhhhh, the THS shitlist........an informative read :naughty:

Detale
10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Bob why not sign in using you real nick if you have something important to say? Otherwise you look like a coward. The good thing is that now the rumors that "bob" is staff here because we're all banned from TH

BlueLabel
10-05-2008, 11:59 PM
I was just browsing the site and I see over 5000 torrents but no leechers and barely some seeders.

The most seeded torrent has 73 seeders and it's free leech and has 4 leechers. A lot of torrents have 1-2 seeders.

The torrent with the most leechers has 9 leechers and 1 seeder. Does this tracker especialize on anything especial or is it just another general tracker that really needs more active users?

I mean I don't even use the tracker cause what speeds can I really get from 1-2 seeders at this tracker?

whats the point in this thread???
if you dont like it dont use it!!!
clear and simple