PDA

View Full Version : Please settle an argument for me

Detale
10-05-2008, 05:42 AM
The wife and I have decided to post this on our respective boards to see who is right so please give your opinion.

The story:
We had gone grocery shopping and when we get home it's my job to carry the groceries up the stairs (multiple trips) and then she puts them away, so I give her the keys to open the door for me. Usually she leaves the keys on a hook upstairs near my front door. This one time she decides to leave them in the front door without saying a word to me about it. Sometime during my trips up and down the stairs someone stole the keys out of the front door. She says I get mad when she leaves them on the hook. I'm not really blaming her but I think it is her fault for leaving the keys there and not saying anything to me about it. She feels it is nobody's fault. Without saying too much more and trying to sway opinions here what do you guys think? Who is right?

* I can't edit the poll options so I would like to re word the 2nd option to:

She is right, I should have seen the keys there.

ghurka
10-05-2008, 10:05 AM
TBH only an idiot leaves keys on the outside of a door in our society. The same principle applies to cars....would you leave you car running with the keys in it whilst you went quickly into a store. It's simply asking for trouble.

Whether you will win this argument is another matter. To most men a situation is either black or white and logic prevails but trying to get a women to see the same logic is impossible. I know I've tried many a time and just feel like I'm wasting my breath.

Good luck mate.

Skweeky
10-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Where is the option for
* I am an idiot for not knowing how to spell 'argument' and for asking an online community to solve my marital disputes

?

:)

Acid_death69
10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
trust a lass to notice a spelling mistake in an argument like this:dabs: lol

JPaul
10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Where is the option for
* I am an idiot for not knowing how to spell 'argument' and for asking an online community to solve my marital disputes

?

:)

:lol::earl:

ilw
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
you've got a system where she regularly leaves the keys on a hook and you regularly get mad at her?
buy another set of keys dumbass

Acid_death69
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
well at the same time i would be changing the lock, wouldn't bother getting another set of keys.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
well at the same time i would be changing the lock, wouldn't bother getting another set of keys.

You reckon :O

Acid_death69
10-05-2008, 11:01 AM
nah actually i think he should just leave it:dabs:

JPaul
10-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Indeed, it's a lot of bother to go to.

The bloke who stole it doesn't even know what door it's for so what's the chances of finding the right house.

ilw
10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
i meant more along the lines of having a set of keys for each of them, so that swapping was unnecessary. Extravagant i know but i really do feel it could solve this issue

tralalala
10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
How far away did you park the car from your house that you missed the bloke who nicked your keys? :huh:

C-mos
10-05-2008, 11:59 AM
blame her blame her blame her !!!!! :D

no seriously these things happen ..:)

JPaul
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM

No they don't, these things do not happen.

C-mos
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM

No they don't, these things do not happen.

so who do you blame ?:naughty:

JPaul
10-05-2008, 12:47 PM
The bloke who stole the key.

:sage:

tesco
10-05-2008, 01:02 PM
It's both of your faults obviously.
She shouldn't have left it in the door but you also could have taken it out of the door when you came up the first time. :blink:

clocker
10-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I blame society first and the failed policies of the Clinton administration next.

And global warming.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 01:29 PM
What about the parents, they must share some of the blame, Shirley.

j2k4
10-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Every aspect of the story is immaterial apart from the keys having been left in the door, rather than on the hook.

Who left the keys in the door?

Next, is it reasonable to expect you would notice them in the door, rather than on the hook?

If you want something to argue about, there you go.

A lesson to be learned:

Don't become such a slave to routine your observational abilities suffer.

j2k4
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I blame society first and the failed policies of the Clinton administration next.

In any civilized society, government ought to provide free replacement keys within the hour.

I imagine a program could be funded for around $500 billion.

What about the parents, they must share some of the blame, Shirley.

Shirley.

Something Else
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
The guy who stole the keys is seeing missus detail on the side. :unsure:

j2k4
10-05-2008, 02:09 PM
The guy who stole the keys is seeing missus detail on the side. :unsure:

He's seeing her in profile?

Something Else
10-05-2008, 02:11 PM
:fuknose:

hangemhigh
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
did you close the door or leave it open on your trips up and down the stairs?
You didn't hear the keys clanging banging when you swung the door shut?
You left the door open in that neighborhood?
Its the mrs fault..who leaves keys dangling from doors?

Detale
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
i meant more along the lines of having a set of keys for each of them, so that swapping was unnecessary. Extravagant i know but i really do feel it could solve this issue

Oh she has a her own set of keys but NEVER brings them with her.

How far away did you park the car from your house that you missed the bloke who nicked your keys? :huh:

Directly across the street from my house. It must have been so quickly in between trips

It's both of your faults obviously.
She shouldn't have left it in the door but you also could have taken it out of the door when you came up the first time. :blink:
I didn't see or hear them since I didn't know they were there.

did you close the door or leave it open on your trips up and down the stairs?
You didn't hear the keys clanging banging when you swung the door shut?
You left the door open in that neighborhood?
Its the mrs fault..who leaves keys dangling from doors?

She left the door open as I made trips. On the last trip I did close the door because I had a cigarette so I closed the door so the smoke doesn't blow inside the house. I would have surely noticed or heard the keys then but they were not there at that point. The person must have gotten them before that point.

THB I live in a very good neighborhood called Carrol Gardens (http://www.google.com/search?q=carrol+gardens&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) we even have a few celebs that live here now. When I was growing up the place was a true stereotype Brooklyn neighborhood and then in the last 10 years or so more and more Yuppies and affluent types moved here and now the place is overrun with hipster scum.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 05:44 PM
What does THB mean.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
And also, are you sure you spelt your neighbourhood properly.

ghurka
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh she has a her own set of keys but NEVER brings them with her. I suppose she's afraid she'll lose them or do something else just as dumb....as if!

JPaul
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
:lol:

Detale
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
What does THB mean.
To Be Honest, Shirley

We should re name the board to spellingandgrammertalk.com because some people cant let it go already

Alien5
10-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Its obviously the womans fault.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
What does THB mean.
To Be Honest, Shirley

That doesn't make sense.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
And also it's not really spelling, putting the capital letter of three words in order.

NotLettingItGo
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
It's her fault, but you have to take the blame, it's part of the being a man thing that we're supposed to do... just get it over with, it's the only way to a peaceful life.

Detale
10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
And also it's not really spelling, putting the capital letter of three words in order.
:pinch:

lynx
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, it's clearly her fault,

But since you can't do anything about it you have no option but to shoot her, smother the kids, and then make a total botch of committing suicide.

I can't understand why people make such a drama out of these things. :dabs:

j2k4
10-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I can't understand why people make such a drama out of these things. :dabs:

Then I suggest you concentrate on the "how" of it; understanding will surely follow. :wacko:

Barbarossa
10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
You're both at fault, to be honest.

Her, for leaving the keys in the door.

You, for entrusting your keys to a woman in the first place :fist:

Do what ilw said, get a set of keys each, FFS

My keys rarely leave my pocket except when they are driving the car or opening doors.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
My keys rarely leave my pocket except when they are driving the car or opening doors.

Do you have some sort of ubber keys.

Skweeky
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
I want one of those as well. Can you order them for me Barbie?

Barbarossa
10-06-2008, 09:54 AM
I certainly will, just as soon as I find out what they are :eyebrows:

JPaul
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
You should take orders, there's probly a discount for bulk purchases.

Skiz
10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
She left the keys in the door and never mentioned for you to get them?

How is this your fault again? :blink:

petra1210
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
i wish i had ur problems :pinch:

C-mos
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM

now now :happy:

brotherdoobie
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
And also, are you sure you spelt your neighbourhood properly.

:lol:

-bd

JPaul
10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
It's just that it's named after Charles Carroll, the only Catholic to sign the Declaration of Independence. So that would be Carroll Gardens.

Unless that's a different bit you live in.

Detale
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
She left the keys in the door and never mentioned for you to get them?

How is this your fault again? :blink:

I don't think it is at all, except for maybe trusting them to her

Lost keys or a wife??

It's just that it's named after Charles Carroll, the only Catholic to sign the Declaration of Independence. So that would be Carroll Gardens.

like many many things here they changed the spelling. Another thing they changed here was a street named luqueer to luquer because the first one had queer in it, damn oversensitive yuppies.

JPaul
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM

like many many things here they changed the spelling. Another thing they changed here was a street named luqueer to luquer because the first one had queer in it, damn oversensitive yuppies.

Are you absolutely sure, it's just that the internets really doesn't like your spelling. http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Carrol+Gardens+New+York&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

100%
10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thieves will get in in if they want to.

Your wife seems to have her priorities set right. Life over controlled materialistic worry.

Wish mine was less like you.

My respect to her.

Detale
10-08-2008, 03:06 AM

Are you absolutely sure, it's just that the internets really doesn't like your spelling. http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Carrol+Gardens+New+York&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

Yes I am quite sure. Somehow they adopted the Carrol spelling and it was brought in front of the Community Board a few years back to change it. It was even on the school until last year still spelled Carrol.

Fucko...is that spelled correctly?

Busyman
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
What does THB mean.
To Be Honest, Shirley

We should re name the board to spellingandgrammertalk.com because some people cant let it go already

To Honest Be, To Be Frank and not Shirley.

Anyway, it's her fault.

I have left my keys in the door numerous times and the main reason my gf noticed is because she was coming home after me and was going to unlike the door. Well, keys were already there. I also have a boatload of keys (3 car keys, 3 house door keys, 3 keys for my mother's house, shed key, 2 locker keys, Secure ID, and security fob for 1 car, whew) so they will clank around if the door moves too much.

In your case, it sounds like your door was already open so you could go in and out so you didn't have to turn the outside knob. You brought your last bag in and closed from the inside. I also doubt the key ring had lots of keys like in my case.

It's her fault.

I think some women admitting fault relates to some self-esteem issues or some shit. Like I'll ram it down her throat if she'll even say the smallest thing like, "My bad" but noooooooo. My gf is notorious for the "whatever" comment when I, through very little effort, have her "cornered" her in an argument.

Me, I just basically go, "Oh damn, I fucked up". She's goes, "Whatever" like it's a GOOJ Free Card or something.

Anyway, since it's her fault and she won't admit it, my suggestion, so you won't go nuts, is to cheat on her just a coupla times.

It'll keep peace in the household (you won't throw anything at her or kill her) and you'll stay married for years as long as you don't get caught or bring home crotch-crickets.

pedobear
10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
i feel like a chimpansee trying to solve puzzles

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_01/chimpAP0512_468x321.jpg

j2k4
10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
To Be Honest, Shirley

To Honest Be, To Be Frank and not Shirley.

Anyway, it's her fault.

I have left my keys in the door numerous times and the main reason my gf noticed is because she was coming home after me and was going to unlike the door. Well, keys were already there. I also have a boatload of keys (3 car keys, 3 house door keys, 3 keys for my mother's house, shed key, 2 locker keys, Secure ID, and security fob for 1 car, whew) so they will clank around if the door moves too much.

In your case, it sounds like your door was already open so you could go in and out so you didn't have to turn the outside knob. You brought your last bag in and closed from the inside. I also doubt the key ring had lots of keys like in my case.

It's her fault.

I think some women admitting fault relates to some self-esteem issues or some shit. Like I'll ram it down her throat if she'll even say the smallest thing like, "My bad" but noooooooo. My gf is notorious for the "whatever" comment when I, through very little effort, have her "cornered" her in an argument.

Me, I just basically go, "Oh damn, I fucked up". She's goes, "Whatever" like it's a GOOJ Free Card or something.

Anyway, since it's her fault and she won't admit it, my suggestion, so you won't go nuts, is to cheat on her just a coupla times.

It'll keep peace in the household (you won't throw anything at her or kill her) and you'll stay married for years as long as you don't get caught or bring home crotch-crickets.

All that if you "unlike" a door?

Wow. :whistling

pedobear
10-08-2008, 07:19 PM
racist sarcasm alert

j2k4
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
racist sarcasm alert

Busyman is not a racist. :whistling

pedobear
10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
my point exactly