PDA

View Full Version : whats all the buzz about

BawA
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
for god sake can somebody tell me why i had to pay 601$ for an second hand 2G iphone so i can do nothing with it.
i cant watch any movie without paying for it i cant even have my own ringtone without having to work around it, i cant have some application installed on it also without having to work around it, battery runs out so fast, camera is bullshit, it gets hot, cant have file stored on it. did i just pay so i can have a touch screen mobile. i thought apple was good in out-of-box thingy, where is all of those handy things which they talk about.
IMHO iphone is just another accessory for itunes not the other way.

for god sake ipod was way more handy.

anyway how the fuck can i have my movie watched on iphone, i convert them to mp4 but it wont get synced, it shows up in itunes but wont transfer to iphone. i have an 1.1.4 iphone.

JPaul
10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
What do you expect for £5.

BawA
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
maybe a cappuccino

JPaul
10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Gaylord

BawA
10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
focker

apextwin146
10-05-2008, 01:37 PM
ok first off y did u pay $601 for iphone 2g :unsure: . Have u got around to hack the phone .. i will give u a link to all the tutorials for this ..
http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/index.php
hope this helps ..

BawA
10-05-2008, 01:42 PM
well we dont have At&T here so iphone has no dealer, what we get is hacked one which are way expensive, an 3G iphone is more than 800$.

Skweeky
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
:lol:

I like how on Sunday all the idiots come out to play. It amuses me. Please, continue your story of how you spent loads of money on something before understanding how it works :yes:

BawA
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
what the fuck your talking about, if you dont have something in 1st place how you can understand it, beside its not about whether i understand it or not, its about how Steve jobs is looting people for something not so special, for something which you have already paid for and then for one ringtone you must re-pay. and people say bill gate is evil. these are real money sucking assholes.

ipod was something which made listening music easy, based on that i went for iphone, didnt new its whole different money making machine for apple.
now nokia on other hand always comes similar only few differences in each version.

and quit being so jerk, if you dont like what i have to say or if you dont like me asking for some help just help your self to other lane.
stupid bitch. just get over with that baby thing so i dont need to see that silly sig of yours.

Skweeky
10-05-2008, 02:19 PM
:lol: Keep going, it's getting better!

tesco
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
stupid bitch. just get over with that baby thing so i dont need to see that silly sig of yours.
adblock. :happy:

tesco
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
bawa, is that $601 in american dollars?
If so, you made a big mistake. :pinch:

apextwin146
10-05-2008, 02:38 PM
^ thats exactly wat i was talking abt ..
i got one for 18000 INR which is roughly 420 USD

BawA
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
well thats lowest price i got for iphone here, as i said no one officialy sells it and who ever imports it give it up for quit alot, it was even more at earlier.

ok now am lost i tried 5 different type of mp4 converter and non of converted movies get to synced. as i said they show up in itunes but dont upload to iphone.
do i need some kind of player on iphone to watch them cuz i just goto to ipod\movies and i see nothing there.

apextwin146
10-05-2008, 03:05 PM
^ did u go through the tutorials i posted .. Also try the Xilisoft iphone vieo convertor .. works for me

JPaul
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Why would anyone want to watch films on a phone.

BawA
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
well not movies but clips and some tv shows would be timer killer when sitting in a cafe waiting for some1 to arrive.

anyway found out that i need to tick movies in ipod setting to sync them, i could had figured it out if that section wasnt hidden in bottom.

BawA
10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
now how the heck can i use the storage to have some of my files on it.

BawA
10-05-2008, 04:19 PM
ohh btw can iphone receive and send file to/from another cells like nokia :huh:

BawA
10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
nope

Something Else
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
buzz is what skizo does on his boat.

BawA
10-05-2008, 05:09 PM
he has a boat :naughty:
http://sports.punchstock.com/images/galleries/fishing/42-17529047.jpg

Snee
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
for god sake can somebody tell me why i had to pay 601$ for an second hand 2G iphone so i can do nothing with it.
i cant watch any movie without paying for it i cant even have my own ringtone without having to work around it, i cant have some application installed on it also without having to work around it, battery runs out so fast, camera is bullshit, it gets hot, cant have file stored on it. did i just pay so i can have a touch screen mobile. i thought apple was good in out-of-box thingy, where is all of those handy things which they talk about.

anyway how the fuck can i have my movie watched on iphone, i convert them to mp4 but it wont get synced, it shows up in itunes but wont transfer to iphone. i have an 1.1.4 iphone.
Yeah, I can see how it must have been a big surprise to you. The brazillion blogs and whatnot detailing the functionality of iphones and/or bitching about their limitations just isn't enough.

BawA
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
i blame jay leno, he quit often uses iphone jokes on his show.

Barbarossa
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Fuck me, I bought a Rowenta toaster at the weekend. Imagine my surprise when I learn you can't even boil water in it!!

I should have stuck with my Rowenta kettle. I wish they'd told me that before I spent $601 dollars on the fucking toaster. :pinch:

Fucking Rowenta. Cunts :angry:

JPaul
10-06-2008, 09:51 AM

Skiz
10-06-2008, 10:15 AM

Hey, I have an idea:

Learn about the fucking phone before you buy it. :O

i cant watch any movie without paying for it i cant even have my own ringtone without having to work around it

Movies (in any standard formats) will be converted automatically by iTunes or you can use one of a gillion 3rd party apps. It's easy as shit and you can do it without paying for it.

Ringtones can be loaded as well via SSH or tunneling. It's easy as shit and you can do it and load them without paying for them.

i cant have some application installed on it also without having to work around it

Between the App Store, Cydia, and Installer, there are literally thousands of different applications available that are capable of doing just about anything you can think of. I have never once needed to install an application by any other method.

battery runs out so fast

Can't argue with that...

camera is bullshit

What do you expect? You bought a phone. FFS, go buy a camera if you want to take pictures.

cant have file stored on it

Yes, you can. I even transfer Excel, Access, and Word docs to and from work.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
camera is bullshit

What do you expect? You bought a phone. FFS, go buy a camera if you want to take pictures.

:lol::earl:

Skweeky
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
't Is a scary day when Skizo and I agree... but there it is :o

BawA
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
:huh:

Hey, I have an idea:

Learn about the fucking phone before you buy it. :O

i cant watch any movie without paying for it i cant even have my own ringtone without having to work around it

Movies (in any standard formats) will be converted automatically by iTunes or you can use one of a gillion 3rd party apps. It's easy as shit and you can do it without paying for it.

Ringtones can be loaded as well via SSH or tunneling. It's easy as shit and you can do it and load them without paying for them.

cant you see a lil bit beyond your ignorance, i said "work around" meaning cant be done without tweaking and modification, not as easy as other phones/devices whom have these function on default.
yes it can be done using a 3RD PARTY APP, i know it.

i cant have some application installed on it also without having to work around it

Between the App Store, Cydia, and Installer, there are literally thousands of different applications available that are capable of doing just about anything you can think of. I have never once needed to install an application by any other method.

again a work arround!

battery runs out so fast

Can't argue with that...

camera is bullshit

huh, there are 100 of phones whom capture 10X better pics and they aint expensive as this one.

again a work around which needs sendfile app and files can be only transferred by an email or to another iphone where other should have same application installed.

when you pay so much for something so publicized you must get standard basic thing not lock the user in its own world, for god sake you cant even connect to other devices except apple. where is the innovation in that, this is what anti thrust is about, not suing a company for making their users life a lil bit easier by providing them a media player.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Apple declared on it's release that there was absolutely nothing innovative about this phone. They were merely taking disparate existing technologies and putting them all in the same device. Where other phones had some features this would have all of them.

You bought a fashion accessory.

Proper Bo
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
+1

everyone who isn't a pneub knows that a pda > iphone.

BawA
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Apple declared on it's release that there was absolutely nothing innovative about this phone. They were merely taking disparate existing technologies and putting them all in the same device. Where other phones had some features this would have all of them.

INDEED :frusty:

JPaul
10-06-2008, 02:22 PM
+1

everyone who isn't a pneub knows that a pda > iphone.

I use an Acer N35, genius.

Got it from Morgan for £100 a while back. I use it all the time.

It's basically a PC in your pocket, with built in satnav.

Proper Bo
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I need a new one, like. I dropped mine (xda IIs) the other week and now the catch what keeps the battery in is fecked. It's sellotaped on now, like.

Plus it's years old and I fancy something newer/faster.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=4758&CategoryID=11&SubCategoryID=52

Worth a look.

Proper Bo
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=4758&CategoryID=11&SubCategoryID=52

Worth a look.

The processor in that is slower than the one i've got now, like.
It's got less memory too.

Plus I fancy another windaes mobile one, like.

Snee
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
try an eee pc. srsly.

brotherdoobie
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM

The visual voicemail feature is pretty innovative.

-bd

JPaul
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Worth a look.

The processor in that is slower than the one i've got now, like.
It's got less memory too.

Plus I fancy another windaes mobile one, like.

Oh, I thought you meant a palm when you said PDA.

Couldn't agree more, btw. I really like pocket windaes. Plus there's shedloads od stuff to steal for it.

Do you use Wisbar, I think that's ace and cool.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
try an eee pc. srsly.

I bought a couple of those Acer Aspire One things and they're really good at what they are. You have to be at least comfortable with Linux tho'. However since we just wanted them for internets and officey stuff it wasn't an issue.

Snee
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
You do know you can install XP on them, lyke?

Can even do it off a thumbdrive with a wee bit of tinkering.

I did that with my eee. It's currently sporting an nlited XP professional I got legally off of MSDN. (It wasn't nlited when I got it, though, obviously. But the key is legal and aw.)

You'll prolly want to turn off some stuff that writes a lot to the disc, like page files, if it's installed on an ssd, but other than that it's pretty much business as usual.

I think the aspire ones might even be able to handle Vista business, but don't quote me on that.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Cheers, mate.

However Mrs JP and Daughter 1 just want to use them for internets and a bit of Office work. They've got firefox and openoffice so they're cool for that.

And also they start up and shut down in jig time. So I'll probably leave them with Linpus.

However, could I boot it from a flashdrive with windaes if I wanted to.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh and if you add an SD card to the slot on the left it reads it as part of the SSD, whereas if you put it in the right slot it reads as a separate drive. Quite a clever idea that methinks.

Snee
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
However, could I boot it from a flashdrive with windaes if I wanted to.

I think that's possible to set up. Windows is a bit silly when it comes to being installed on removable media, though, so it might end up being a lot like work.

Having windows on the SSD, and linux on a flash card, or a thumbdrive, would probably be a brazillion times easier.

I know you didn't ask for the latter, but I'm just saying, like.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I would do exactly that if they it was mine, wouldn't even bother with linux probly.

But the chaps seem happy enough with things as they are so I'll probly just leave it.

I was going to get myself the advent (I think) one, same as the MSI Wind. That's got XP but then I thought why do I need it when I've got the 14'' laptop (also xp).

JPaul
10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Just checked, you can tell it to boot from a USB device, it's really straightforward, just press f2 during POST and go into the boot menu. Then you can change the boot order and make it an external device.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Just checked my mental collection of stuff downloaded that I'll never use. I've got XP.USB.Stick.Edition.ST.

I might give that a try when no-one is looking.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I've also got Vista_Bootable_LiveCD_Portable_Edition.

Biggles
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
For a very reasonable $440 I can let you have these matching g4 phones - guaranteed buzz too

http://www.creativepop.com/assets/contact_images/TIN%20CAN%20PHONE.jpg

Snee
10-06-2008, 07:46 PM
For a very reasonable $440 I can let you have these matching g4 phones - guaranteed buzz too

He'll just cut the string then whine about them not working.

Biggles
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM

He'll just cut the string then whine about them not working.

Sigh! High technology is not for everyone.

He should have waited for the Nokia phone.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
How good are the phoaties it takes, Les.

Biggles
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
How good are the phoaties it takes, Les.

About the same as the iphone.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 08:15 PM

That bad then.

Biggles
10-06-2008, 08:18 PM

That bad then.

Absolutely shite.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll give you $601.

Fuck it, round it up to a tenner.

Biggles
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll give you $601.

Fuck it, round it up to a tenner.

Cheap at half the price and very shiny too.

Skweeky
10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
:lol: best thread ever. fact!

JPaul
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
It's the shininess that I like.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi Skweeky and wee Skweeky.

Skweeky
10-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Alright Big Jim!
My pal just gave me a self knitted cardigan for the wee Skweek. It's alternate green and white stripes.
So far Gem has not picked up on it yet. :lol:

JPaul
10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Genious.

JPaul
10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Wait, is it stripes or hoops.

Skiz
10-07-2008, 02:34 AM
cant you see a lil bit beyond your ignorance, i said "work around" meaning cant be done without tweaking and modification, not as easy as other phones/devices whom have these function on default.
yes it can be done using a 3RD PARTY APP, i know it.

So, you want to mod or tweak your iPhone by adding ringtones and such but "without tweaking and modification"? :blink:

Adding any sort of tweak/mod is a sinch and I've found it to be far easier than any other phone I've ever owned. Just yesterday, I changed my icons, dock, and wallpaper, all in under 3 minutes with just a couple of clicks. If you can drag and drop, you can change anything with ease. You seem to be lamenting without even trying.

again a work arround!

The App Store isn't a work around. :blink: It's the official method for installing new apps. It was designed and implemented 100% by Apple and comes standard with iTunes and firmware version 2.*+ on the iPhone.

Cydia and Installer are indeed 3rd party apps, but they should not in any way be considered a "workaround" to anything. Almost all of the applications out there have been created by third parties, even the ones listed in the App Store. Some of them have been approved by Apple and are available for download, some others have not been approved for various reasons and thus are available on Cydia or Installer. Those two sources are just as useful (if not more useful) for obtaining various quality applications. They are very safe and contain hundreds of quality applications. Their operation and ease of use is every bit as simple and self explanatory as the App Store.

camera is bullshit

huh, there are 100 of phones whom capture 10X better pics and they aint expensive as this one.

Well, it's public info that the camera is a 2 mega pixel camera. The quality shouldn't have come as a shock. I've taken one picture ever on my phone and it was of some cool clouds one night when I was leaving work. I thought it came out OK. :)

If pictures are going to be a priority, perhaps you should have considered a different phone. :unsure:

http://i35.tinypic.com/28umsd3.jpg

again a work around which needs sendfile app and files can be only transferred by an email or to another iphone where other should have same application installed.

Wrong again. I drag and drop just like any removable drive.

Name your preference and I'll show you an app that will do it.

when you pay so much for something so publicized you must get standard basic thing not lock the user in its own world, for god sake you cant even connect to other devices except apple. where is the innovation in that, this is what anti thrust is about, not suing a company for making their users life a lil bit easier by providing them a media player.

What other sort of devices are you referring to? What are you not able to connect to? I don't own anything else which is manufactured by Apple and have experienced no limitations whatsoever.

Skweeky
10-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Wait, is it stripes or hoops.

Hoops basically. They're horizontal :yes:

JPaul
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Mon the wee Skweeky.

Skweeky
10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I shall post a picture of the week Skweeky with his/her incognito Celtic cardi as soon as it decides to come out :yes:

JPaul
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Top idea.

Skweeky
10-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I might have Gem hold him/her, just for added comic value.

Proper Bo
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I shall post a picture of the week Skweeky with his/her incognito Celtic cardi as soon as it decides to come out :yes:

"as soon as it decides to come out"

the baby or your husband?

DanB
10-07-2008, 06:03 PM

cos you're a mug!! :D

JPaul
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM

Hi Dan.

JPaul
10-07-2008, 06:22 PM
I might have Gem hold him/her, just for added comic value.

Topper idea.

Skweeky
10-07-2008, 06:23 PM
The baby in this case.

DanB
10-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi JP

JPaul
10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
How goes it with you, are you well.

Has her Majesty been providing you with three squares again