PDA

View Full Version : Intel or Amd ???

stefke
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi there m8 ... i'd like to know if you prefer intel or amd ....and why ....
i'm building a new machine so i need your opinion about this two companies ... tnx in advance

kooftspc11
10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
via c7 cpu blows the shit out of both

clocker
10-07-2008, 12:03 AM
What is this new machine supposed to do?

kooftspc11
10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
What is this new machine supposed to do?

cook breakfast

Detale
10-07-2008, 03:36 AM
Well then go AMD because thats prob the only thing that they're good for

#Palestinian#
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Well then go AMD because thats prob the only thing that they're good for

good for cooking breakfast ????????:P

no seriously i wanna know the best too

ryan20021982
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Well the best as far as power and speed is intel

depends what you want the system for, if your not going to be
doing heavy gaming or encoding or any high cpu intensive tasks
then amd will be fine and you will save some money, some people
are die hard amd or die hard intel and they will say one or the other
no matter what, but the truth is they are both good just in different
areas.

saulin
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Intel of course! It has been Intel for a while now.

Revol
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Well Intel is best by far at the moment. They have such a huge leading in their technology and they are already trying to make new processors that are smaller than 45 nm. AMD hasn't even begun to produce 45 nm atm.

lynx
10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Intel isn't necessarily the best choice.

Certainly, if you want high performance and are prepared to spend the money, the top end Intel processors are the way to go at the moment.

But if all you want is reasonable performance at a budget then AMD might be a better choice as you'll get more performance for the same money at the bottom end of the market.

That's presumably why clocker asked what the machine is required to do.

Detale
10-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Intel is better as far as power and speed but as the old saying goes if you want to play you gotta pay. Now they are not that much more expensive but I guess I will ask the same question for the 3rd time. I am deff one of the aforementioned die hard Intel fans :)

What is the machine going to be used for mainly?

clocker
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
That's presumably why clocker asked what the machine is required to do.
Actually, I'm just nosey.

saulin
10-10-2008, 04:09 AM
When it comes to upgrading for me the best is to buy the fastest processor I can afford and then overclock the shit out of it. On my current processor I'm getting 800Mhz overclock with crazy FSB so it boosts performance a lot and saves me money insetad of just buying the top of the line processor.

The same goes for video card and RAM. Always try to get quality parts well within your budget.

Buying cheap ass parts will give you crappy performance and not much for overclocking and even if you do some overcloking it might be crappy performance.

mazel
10-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Intel for gaming.... no discussion :D AMD is no longer as good as it was some years ago.... AMD is just for solitaire users

db_la_23
10-16-2008, 12:13 PM
intel is the best

bd75sy
10-18-2008, 01:31 AM
whichever company is producing the best CPU at the time of my upgrade, atm Intel, especially with thge release of Nehelam chips betwen now and Q1 of 2009
Regards, Chris

When it comes to upgrading for me the best is to buy the fastest processor I can afford and then overclock the shit out of it. On my current processor I'm getting 800Mhz overclock with crazy FSB so it boosts performance a lot and saves me money insetad of just buying the top of the line processor.

The same goes for video card and RAM. Always try to get quality parts well within your budget.

Buying cheap ass parts will give you crappy performance and not much for overclocking and even if you do some overcloking it might be crappy performance.

couldnt agree more!

Intel for gaming.... no discussion :D AMD is no longer as good as it was some years ago.... AMD is just for solitaire users

it wasnt that long ago we were all touting intel was dead with the release of AMD 64 chips... not picking a fight my quad core leaves everything for dead and eats benchmarks for breakfast just for the fun but dont be too quick to write them off. though I do agree theyre not up to standard, neither were Intel at the time of AMD64 dominance, the P4 was awful... I know... I had one!